[ROM][S9/S9+][LineageOS 17.1][UNOFFICIAL][09/01/2020]

Search This thread

dedq

May 14, 2015
Belgrade
You're absolutely right. How could I've missed the "Install Image" button? :cyclops:
I've flashed the vendor, wiped the system and data, flashed the 2020-03-26 with open gapps and got a boot loop... :(

Edit: The 2020-01-09 still works, though...
Edit: I've seen

Does the 2020-03-26 require a different bootloader than the 2020-01-09 ?

If I knew I would not ask.
I would not be surprised if someone did not actually check the button and asks these kinds of things.

Reactions: charlie3432

Fred2FC

Mar 30, 2020
problems using wifi data and bluetooth

Hi friend, I love the settings of this OS! It's really good to see theres even a gray and white mode to choose from.
However I cant change the prefered data setting. There is a selection of LTE/3G/2G, but it dosesnt react;
Wifi shows connected with no internet everytime when I switch it on. It gets right like 10 mins later. But kind of annoying;
Also it keeps disconnect my earphone(bluetooth), very hard if i wanna listen to some music.
{I am using korean version g960N s9 in china.}
I have now flashed back to the original system, but really appreciate your work!
Looking forward to any news~

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
first problem sounds almost as if nothing is stored in the APN setting, or incorrect.
Why the Korean version? What's different?

Last edited:

xaverusinn

Apr 1, 2020
Camera crashes. Open camera, simple camera, the one coming with the rom crashes.

Hi there, thanks for the work you put into this rom...though I would be happy if you could help me... I install your rom over and over, and sometimnes the camera works for a short time...and then not anymore. Thanks

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Camera

Please read the post # 402. Open Camera is recommended. It is very stable.

Last edited:

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Thank you. :good:Unfortunately, it also opens immediately with an error message and I can only end it.
The camera from the PlayStore is exactly the same. Too bad I would have liked to test it. But OpenCamera is currently going really well and that's why I have no need.
Incidentally, I joined the telegram group from abtekk in order to be supplied with information faster with the ROM.
(sorry for Engl ... I use translators)
SM-G960F

dedq

May 14, 2015
Belgrade
OpenCamera does not work for me well since I do not have images in the gallery after I take them.

There is a site hosting Gcam modes but I cannot find it now.
You could look it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlie3432

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Galery ...

OpenCamera does not work for me well since I do not have images in the gallery after I take them.

There is a site hosting Gcam modes but I cannot find it now.
You could look it up.
You know this problem that pictures do not appear in the gallery too well. This is a gallery app problem. The can not display pictures immediately, only when SD card is remounted.
I solved this problem in cooperation between OpenCamera and Simple Galery. The two get along like twins. And what's good ... both apps have no advertising on board.
Simple Gallery is very clear. Not cluttered with stuff no one needs. There are really professionals at work. At least that's my impression.
and: if OpenCamera is to save to SD card, "Storage Access Framework" must be selected in the settings.
Then the path to the SD card is queried.
(sorry for Engl ... I use translators)
SM-G960F

Reactions: paul c and dedq

Mr Dobermann

Feb 9, 2013
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 5
I'm sorry but I don't understand. Which fix do you mean?
Is there a new release and if so, would you please be so kind to share it?
There's another thread in this section with an updated LOS 17.1 rom. The other thread also points to a lively and active Telegram support group. This thread should be closed since the rom is not actively maintained.

Reactions: geronimoge

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
There's another thread in this section with an updated LOS 17.1 rom. The other thread also points to a lively and active Telegram support group. This thread should be closed since the rom is not actively maintained.
Thanks for the tip. I am also in the telegram group. However, the information there is not always immediately usable for me. What is this White Wolf Kernel all about, which I've always seen in telegrams?
Sorry for Engl ... I use translators
(SM-G960F)

Mr Dobermann

Feb 9, 2013
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 5
Thanks for the tip. I am also in the telegram group. However, the information there is not always immediately usable for me. What is this White Wolf Kernel all about, which I've always seen in telegrams?
Sorry for Engl ... I use translators
(SM-G960F)
Haha, yes, there's a lot of banter going around in that Telegram group.

White Wolf kernel is a custom kernel that has a few extras compared to the standard kernel. Take a look in it's thread here on XDA to see for yourself. It's just as stable as the standard kernel. Be sure to download the LOS version, because there's also a OneUI version. If you decide to flash the White Wolf kernel, you also have to flash Magisk since flashing White Wolf overwrites the Magisk part of the installed kernel.

Last edited:

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Haha, yes, there's a lot of banter going around in that Telegram group.

White Wolf kernel is a custom kernel that has a few extras compared to the standard kernel. Take a look in it's thread here on XDA to see for yourself. It's just as stable as the standard kernel. Be sure to download the LOS version, because there's also a OneUI version. If you decide to flash the White Wolf kernel, you also have to flash Magisk since flashing White Wolf overwrites the Magisk part of the installed kernel.
What struck me was that the new LOS folder April no longer has a permissive image. Is this no longer necessary? And the permissive image is comparable to White Wolf Kernel? Or are they two different pairs of shoes?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's working:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network (Calling, Data, etc.)
    • Audio (Stereo Speakers)
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • S-Pen Basics
    • Call Recording
    • HWC
    • Signal Indicator
    • GPS
    • Sensors
    • HDMI
    • NFC

What's not working:
    • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Bugs:
    • S-Pen/Mouse will cause small graphical glitches during button animations sometimes.
    • Signal Indicator

Instructions:
    • Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
    • Flash the latest build (then gapps and magisk if needed)
    • Reboot

THE VENDOR.IMG IS PROVIDED AS PART OF THE ROM. FLASHING ANOTHER VENDOR WILL CAUSE A BOOTLOOP.

How to update builds?
    • Do not wipe anything unless stated in the changelog
    • Flash only the rom.zip and it will automatically reinstall your gapps, magisk, vendor etc
    • use /system/addon.d if you would like to keep system mods after an update

Downloads:

If you get booting and or wifi issues with this new build, I would recommend a completely clean flash. It would appear some things have changed upstream in Lineage & Magisk that are causing issues.

Changelog:
    09/01/2019
    • Fixed NFC (Requires factory reset if on earlier build)
    • WiFi should behave a bit more.

23/12/2019
    • Hardware decoding of UHD video no longer lags/stutters
    • Bluetooth call audio working
    • UHD video recording with the camera app fixed
    • Built against LOS december sources

20/12/2019
    • Wifi tethering now works
    • Kernel upstreamed to 4.9.202

19/12/2019
    • DRM protected content will no longer crash the device (YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, etc)
    • Fingerprint scanner now works properly

18/12/2019
    • GPS is now able to get a more accurate location
    • Sensors work (gyro, light sensor, etc)
    • Fixed issue with Gapps causes bootloop after installing an update

16/12/2019
    • First Build

Telegram Group:
    [Exynos9810][LineageOS 17.0][UNOFFICIAL]

Paypal:
    abtekk

Contributors: @CodeFox, @jesec, @farovitus, @Vaughnn, @Eamo5 + many others that i cant remember, commit history is on my github.
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/
    Kernel: https://github.com/evilexecutable/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810-star/tree/lineage-17.0

ROM OS Version: 10 (Q)
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.185

Version Information
    Last Updated: 16-12-2019

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage-17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    abtekk, synt4x.93
    Source Code: https://github.com/evilexecutable/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810-star/tree/lineage-17.0

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-12-16

Created 2019-12-17
    Last Updated 2020-01-29
    New S9/+ Build Uploaded

Changelog:
    - GPS is now able to get a more accurate location
    - Sensors work (gyro, light sensor, etc)
    - Fixed issue with Gapps causes bootloop after installing an update

Bugs:
    - Fingerprint sensor is recognised by the system, but doesn't react to touch (still investigating)
    New S9/S9+ build uploaded

Changelog:
    19/12/2019

- DRM protected content will no longer crash the device
    - Fingerprint scanner now works properly
    Reserved

Changelog

17/12/2019
    - First build
    New S9/+ Build uploaded
    23/12/2019
    - Hardware decoding of UHD video no longer lags/stutters