• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][S9/S9+][LineageOS 17.1][UNOFFICIAL][09/01/2020]

Search This thread

Mr Dobermann

Feb 9, 2013
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 5
What struck me was that the new LOS folder April no longer has a permissive image. Is this no longer necessary? And the permissive image is comparable to White Wolf Kernel? Or are they two different pairs of shoes?
SELinux enforcing is standard, permissive isn't. If you haven't flashed a custom kernel yet, your phone is on an enforcing kernel and you probably don't miss the permissive kernel.

The permissive image in the LOS folder is the standard LOS kernel, but with SELinux permissive instead of enforcing. So it's still a different pair of shoes compared with White Wolf kernel. White Wolf kernel comes with SELinux enforcing, don't know if there's a permissive version. Whether enforcing or permissive, White Wolf kernel remains a different pair of shoes.

mobiedicc

Jun 10, 2019
any gapps version that works in this custom rom? i installed arm > 10 > nano and after the installation i encountered error 64 maybe i install wrong version. my device is samsung s9+

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Thanks for a new update: I'm still trying out what's possible. The lock and homescreen can now be set separately. Magisk is not shot down after the update and remains intact. But that's the least I would have complained about. The ROM runs excellent for my needs. It gets even better. I am very grateful to you developers. Now is the time to reward you with a donation.
(sorry for Engl ... I use translators)
SM-G960F

zhelev81

May 18, 2011
Varna
hi guys, I am on the lineage_star2lte-userdebug 10 QQ2A.200405.005 eng.rob.20200506.192941 test-keys

but i have always weak signal and the calls are dropped very often. Someone can help by telling me how i can fix this ? It stared from some builds after i upgraded the new bootloader .... maybe something else needs to be updated ??

abtekk

Apr 1, 2011
London
hi guys, I am on the lineage_star2lte-userdebug 10 QQ2A.200405.005 eng.rob.20200506.192941 test-keys

but i have always weak signal and the calls are dropped very often. Someone can help by telling me how i can fix this ? It stared from some builds after i upgraded the new bootloader .... maybe something else needs to be updated ??

This is not Robs thread. Go ask there.

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
The problem with the echo during the phone call is unfortunately still very extreme. This has an increased impact on BT Car.
I probably have to correct myself regarding the echo during the phone calls. The problem is probably my wife's phone. (J5nlte, which I also flashed with 17.1). Will research there in the thread for similar problems.
(sorry for engl ... I use translators)
Device: G960F (starlte)
Baseband G960FXXS9DTD7
Kernel 4.9.223

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's working:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network (Calling, Data, etc.)
    • Audio (Stereo Speakers)
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • S-Pen Basics
    • Call Recording
    • HWC
    • Signal Indicator
    • GPS
    • Sensors
    • HDMI
    • NFC

What's not working:
    • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Bugs:
    • S-Pen/Mouse will cause small graphical glitches during button animations sometimes.
    • Signal Indicator

Instructions:
    • Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
    • Flash the latest build (then gapps and magisk if needed)
    • Reboot

THE VENDOR.IMG IS PROVIDED AS PART OF THE ROM. FLASHING ANOTHER VENDOR WILL CAUSE A BOOTLOOP.

How to update builds?
    • Do not wipe anything unless stated in the changelog
    • Flash only the rom.zip and it will automatically reinstall your gapps, magisk, vendor etc
    • use /system/addon.d if you would like to keep system mods after an update

Downloads:

If you get booting and or wifi issues with this new build, I would recommend a completely clean flash. It would appear some things have changed upstream in Lineage & Magisk that are causing issues.

Changelog:
    09/01/2019
    • Fixed NFC (Requires factory reset if on earlier build)
    • WiFi should behave a bit more.

23/12/2019
    • Hardware decoding of UHD video no longer lags/stutters
    • Bluetooth call audio working
    • UHD video recording with the camera app fixed
    • Built against LOS december sources

20/12/2019
    • Wifi tethering now works
    • Kernel upstreamed to 4.9.202

19/12/2019
    • DRM protected content will no longer crash the device (YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, etc)
    • Fingerprint scanner now works properly

18/12/2019
    • GPS is now able to get a more accurate location
    • Sensors work (gyro, light sensor, etc)
    • Fixed issue with Gapps causes bootloop after installing an update

16/12/2019
    • First Build

Telegram Group:
    [Exynos9810][LineageOS 17.0][UNOFFICIAL]

Paypal:
    abtekk

Contributors: @CodeFox, @jesec, @farovitus, @Vaughnn, @Eamo5 + many others that i cant remember, commit history is on my github.
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/
    Kernel: https://github.com/evilexecutable/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810-star/tree/lineage-17.0

ROM OS Version: 10 (Q)
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.185

Version Information
    Last Updated: 16-12-2019

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage-17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    abtekk, synt4x.93
    Source Code: https://github.com/evilexecutable/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810-star/tree/lineage-17.0

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-12-16

Created 2019-12-17
    Last Updated 2020-01-29
    New S9/+ Build Uploaded

Changelog:
    - GPS is now able to get a more accurate location
    - Sensors work (gyro, light sensor, etc)
    - Fixed issue with Gapps causes bootloop after installing an update

Bugs:
    - Fingerprint sensor is recognised by the system, but doesn't react to touch (still investigating)
    New S9/S9+ build uploaded

Changelog:
    19/12/2019

- DRM protected content will no longer crash the device
    - Fingerprint scanner now works properly
    Reserved

Changelog

17/12/2019
    - First build
    New S9/+ Build uploaded
    23/12/2019
    - Hardware decoding of UHD video no longer lags/stutters