Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+, codename starlte, star2lte.
Join our Lineage Exynos 9810 Development Telegram Group!
How to Install:
Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE INSTALLING LINEAGE OVER FULLY STOCK ANDROID 10 FIRMWARE
If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.
What's not working:
- Applicable exceptions granted in device support requirements.
- Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
- Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
- IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.
- Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status.
- Official Lineage OS builds requires official stock unmodded android 10 firmware installed.
- Official Lineage OS builds uses stock android 10 vendor so encryption is enabled by default.
Lineage OS for S9, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10 firmware
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2020-04-17