• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][S9+/S9][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

jomann

Jan 29, 2021
Master,

Hi I got S9 Plus basically this is scv39 a Japanese model, S9+ and I was able to flash this TWRP twrp-3.5.0_9-0-star2qltechn.img.tar now I can boot into TWRP but I dont know which rom I can try on it? will this work?

I tired this one but it didn't work

when I install this rom here Havoc-OS-v3.7-20200709-star2qltechn-Unofficial.zip

I can't boot up into the system, I had a bootloop after installing and forced restart it but after it restarted it went to download mode

I manage to pass the samsung boot logo but I'm only seeing white circle loading for about 45 mins.
I did these steps
1.I unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP
2.Wiped system, data, cache, dalvik
3. Installed rom, gapps, and magisk and reboot
4. It had bootloop on first boot and had to force restart

Am I missing something?
Try https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/samsung-galaxy-s9-s9-snapdragon-roms-kernels.7866/. This thread is for Exynos based devices.

Reactions: zfk110
Mar 19, 2021
Upgarding to 18.1 as daily is seemless with TWRP from 17.1 as its android 10 already

unofficial 18.1 is here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-s9-s9-unofficial-lineageos-18-1-23-02-2021.4203777/

I think the torch is a little brighter on 18.1 ,but 18.1 does hate some Gapps being installed as commented above. But if you can use Fdroid replacements, OSMAnd maps, open camera, you can get buy. Ride sharing can be a drama to work, Menulog works, uber eats rrrr. Need Gapps for gPay, Samsung pay.

Asdia

Jan 30, 2021
Upgarding to 18.1 as daily is seemless with TWRP from 17.1 as its android 10 already

unofficial 18.1 is here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-s9-s9-unofficial-lineageos-18-1-23-02-2021.4203777/

I think the torch is a little brighter on 18.1 ,but 18.1 does hate some Gapps being installed as commented above. But if you can use Fdroid replacements, OSMAnd maps, open camera, you can get buy. Ride sharing can be a drama to work, Menulog works, uber eats rrrr. Need Gapps for gPay, Samsung pay.
What do you mean by "seemless with TWRP from 17.1 as its android 10 already"?

Many bugs still seem to be present on 18.1. Did you get any of them?

Sep 3, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S10
Is it possible to download the last 17.1 official build from Jan, the 25th?

It is no longer available on the official sites:

Also, it is not available in the unofficial sources:

Here:

Reactions: tristan3x and Rosok

metallyk-

Jul 16, 2018
And can someone upload the latest official LOS nightly build ? from 2020-04-17 ?
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is no longer maintained on LOS official site !

Feb 5, 2017
I am trying to install LineageOS 17.1 on a brand new S9 plus Duos (SM-G965F/DS, obviously Exynos). I have got the ZIP file from the link given in one of the posts above (https://mega.nz/folder/vdYx2aaD#C2yT_SeG9RYC7GMI-C3qyw).

However, when trying to install it, the installation fails, and the installer (or the recovery) says something like that this image is for starlte, but my device is star2lte (I don't remember the exact wording).

Well, it's quite obvious that my device is star2lte, but where can I get an LOS 17.1 image for that? I have read the instructions on how to compile my own image, but to be honest, I am not very motivated to set up a linux box just for trying to compile my own image, which in addition will probably first cost me days of trying to fix compiler errors or misconfigurations of that system and will then fail in the end.

Besides the question from where to get that image, the latest images seem to be nearly 6 months old now. I have used LOS on some other devices where updates came weekly or bi-weekly.

Hence the question: Has development of LOS for star2lte been abandoned? Is ArrowOS (mentioned above) the official recommended alternative? Or should I go for the (yet?) unofficial 18.1 version?

Thanks a lot in advance!

k24a1

Jan 22, 2021
i'd probably stick with stock/modded stock on a samsung phone. if you wanna try AOSP, i just saw a new ROM come out today called derpfest (yeah, funny name), you should probably try that. seems to add several enhancements to improve user experience

Reactions: D9yHyi8Fe3mo1YgM
Feb 5, 2017
i'd probably stick with stock/modded stock on a samsung phone. if you wanna try AOSP, i just saw a new ROM come out today called derpfest (yeah, funny name), you should probably try that. seems to add several enhancements to improve user experience
Thank you very much for your response.

I have found a solution in the meantime: ArrowOS 11 (based on Android 11). I have installed it on my phone, and I am very happy with it. Maybe some exotic functions don't work (described in the first post of the thread linked before), but I really can live without VoLTE and WiFi calls and the proprietary Samsung apps. The reward is that I now have a very nice, fast, Google-free phone which doesn't track me all the time.

I am not a heavy phone user and have installed only a few apps. In this scenario, I never have experienced a crash or other oddities, and the battery runtime is excellent. I didn't try OTA updates yet, though. One of the best things about it is that it does not hide the external SD card's contents. I can access them even with the stock file manager, as well as via SSHelper, which is ingenious and makes a very interesting backup concept possible.

m4f1050

Apr 20, 2007
Does this have Screen Mirroring (miracast) like the stock S9+ had? Trying to mirror on my BMW car.
What about this ArrowOS 11? Does IT have miracast screen casting?
I am currently running /e/ OS and willing to switch to any ROM that has miracast screen casting.. (and of course, no google)

Thanks!

flex567

Dec 30, 2013
I am trying to install linageOS but I am getting this error on my S9, how can I proceed?
I have entered download mode on my phone and connected it via USB.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

m4f1050

Apr 20, 2007
Does this have Screen Mirroring (miracast) like the stock S9+ had? Trying to mirror on my BMW car.
What about this ArrowOS 11? Does IT have miracast screen casting?
I am currently running /e/ OS and willing to switch to any ROM that has miracast screen casting.. (and of course, no google)

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+, codename starlte, star2lte.

Join our Lineage Exynos 9810 Development Telegram Group!

How to Install:
    Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.
    MAKE SURE YOU ARE INSTALLING LINEAGE OVER FULLY STOCK ANDROID 10 FIRMWARE

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

What's not working:
    • Applicable exceptions granted in device support requirements.
    • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
    • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status.
    • Official Lineage OS builds requires official stock unmodded android 10 firmware installed.
    • Official Lineage OS builds uses stock android 10 vendor so encryption is enabled by default.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS for S9, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-16
    Last Updated 2020-04-17
    Can we add some haptic feedback on hard pressing the home button? That would be more pleasing as to get nothing in return and doesn't actually know if it's actually registered.
    Great rom but please stick to xda for support or questions,because the telegram support group is not monitored and some of the mods are ruthless and behave like animals some random user abused me for asking a question in the group and i pinged the admin (Rob) regarding this and he told me to "shut up" and muted the abuser along with me