erfanoabdi.github.io
2okPze5.png

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+, codename starlte, star2lte.

Join our Lineage Exynos 9810 Development Telegram Group!

How to Install:
Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE INSTALLING LINEAGE OVER FULLY STOCK ANDROID 10 FIRMWARE

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

What's not working:
  • Applicable exceptions granted in device support requirements.
  • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
  • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
  • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Notes:
  • Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status.
  • Official Lineage OS builds requires official stock unmodded android 10 firmware installed.
  • Official Lineage OS builds uses stock android 10 vendor so encryption is enabled by default.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage OS for S9, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
erfanoabdi
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10 firmware
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-16
Last Updated 2020-04-17

Mr_Blue_5099

Sep 19, 2019
Love You Brother....

Bought Star2lte For 250$ And Very Satisfied Buy The Development On This Device Keep Doing The Good Work ..
:):):):):):):):):):):)

crewpuk13th

Nov 29, 2013
Bandung
Finally after a long time, an official build of LOS is here once again. Thanks dev, will immediately test when for S9+ are out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

vomad

Jun 8, 2017
Volgograd
Can I use TWRP instead of LinegeOS recovery to install official LOS 17.1? And modified Rob's vendor DTC5 to avoid force-encryption?

GwidionR

Dec 8, 2012
2okPze5.png

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+

Created 2020-04-16
Last Updated 2020-04-16​

Thank you for your work. A few question:
First: Is it still necessaryto wait with the install for 7 days after activation like it was in the past with lineageos 15.1?
Second: How is battery life?
thrid: what about the camera functioning? and is there a gCam alternative in case of problems?​

D

Deleted member 5115178

Can I use TWRP instead of LinegeOS recovery to install official LOS 17.1? And modified Rob's vendor DTC5 to avoid force-encryption?
Both are not recommended by official LOS, but yes you can. I dirty flashed an official nightly on top of Rob's 13-4 build and his modified DTC5 vendor and everything (still) works as before.

Reactions: vomad

technomarc

Mar 19, 2016
Thank you very much for this rom! Great to see it has reached an official status.

I have a question about the forced encryption:
From what I understand TWRP is not (yet) able to decrypt the data partition, making it impossible to back-up and restore the data partition. Is this correct? And if so, does the lineage recovery support backup of encrypted data?

yhvo2gt9

Dec 31, 2013
Thanks for the new ROM, really looking forward to getting the official 17.1 on my S9, replacing the current 15.1 official LOS.

Instructions and pre-requisites need more detail though. What specifically is meant by "stock Android 10 firmware"? Bootloader, vendor, anything else? And where can we find reliable sources for stock firmware for specific phone models e.g. SM-G960F? Any chance of creating an archive of these linked to from the first post, so people have reliable sources for these mandatory requirements?

Thanks again.

x3dfx

Dec 13, 2008
Cologne Germany
xfd3.de
Thanks for the new ROM, really looking forward to getting the official 17.1 on my S9, replacing the current 15.1 official LOS.

Instructions and pre-requisites need more detail though. What specifically is meant by "stock Android 10 firmware"? Bootloader, vendor, anything else? And where can we find reliable sources for stock firmware for specific phone models e.g. SM-G960F? Any chance of creating an archive of these linked to from the first post, so people have reliable sources for these mandatory requirements?

Thanks again.
Do you plan making a fresh install or over the 15.1?

Check the thread of unofficial lineage, there are the links to the vendor and bootloader images

rbeuker

Jun 22, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S9
I have successfully upgraded from 20200416 to the latest 20200417 build.[emoji41][emoji106]

However, I had to flash the update manually, by downloading the file and rebooting into recovery. Doing this from the OTA updater didn't work: after the update file had been downloaded and pressing the install button I got an installation error message after 1 second (before the phone would reboot to recovery).

I'm using TWRP 3.2.3. Is OTA supposed to work with it, or does the OTA updater only likes the Lineage Recovery? [emoji848]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

SorcioSecco

Apr 14, 2018
Genova
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have successfully upgraded from 20200416 to the latest 20200417 build.[emoji41][emoji106]

However, I had to flash the update manually, by downloading the file and rebooting into recovery. Doing this from the OTA updater didn't work: after the update file had been downloaded and pressing the install button I got an installation error message after 1 second (before the phone would reboot to recovery).

I'm using TWRP 3.2.3. Is OTA supposed to work with it, or does the OTA updater only likes the Lineage Recovery? [emoji848]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

I'm in the exact situation, had to manually install OTA update from /data/lineageos_updates (had to search on Google where the LineageOS updates are stored).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+, codename starlte, star2lte.

Join our Lineage Exynos 9810 Development Telegram Group!

How to Install:
    Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.
    MAKE SURE YOU ARE INSTALLING LINEAGE OVER FULLY STOCK ANDROID 10 FIRMWARE

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

What's not working:
    • Applicable exceptions granted in device support requirements.
    • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
    • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status.
    • Official Lineage OS builds requires official stock unmodded android 10 firmware installed.
    • Official Lineage OS builds uses stock android 10 vendor so encryption is enabled by default.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS for S9, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-16
    Last Updated 2020-04-17
    Can we add some haptic feedback on hard pressing the home button? That would be more pleasing as to get nothing in return and doesn't actually know if it's actually registered.
    Great rom but please stick to xda for support or questions,because the telegram support group is not monitored and some of the mods are ruthless and behave like animals some random user abused me for asking a question in the group and i pinged the admin (Rob) regarding this and he told me to "shut up" and muted the abuser along with me