• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][S9/S9+]Resurrection Remix 8.7[Q][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Freeze24

Apr 14, 2012
Bavaria
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hi guys,

I really love RR and since there seems to be no one else who is willing to maintain the latest Resurrection Remix ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ for Android Q, I offer you this unofficial version.

Up to now I shared the download links in the official thread of the ROM (thank you and excuse me garett_09! I hope everything is okay with you, since you suddenly stopped providing updates), but - to my complete understanding - this is not in the interest of this forum (thank you for the advice, @Badger50, just didn't think about it). Thus I created this new thread.

-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-

Note:
By downloading this ROM you take full responsibility of all consequences by your own!
I'm not responsible if you brick your device or do any other damage.

-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-

Download and changelog for starlte and star2lte:
https://freeze.ws/RR

Please don't ask me for support how to flash!

Kernel Source: https://github.com/yarpiin/White-Wolf-Uni-LOS
Resurrection Remix Source: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

There are two minor changes I've made:
- The default networkTransitionTimeout is decreased from 60 to 30 seconds.
- The bluetooth icon in the status bar is visible as soon as bluetooth is enabled (and not only if a bluetooth device is connected).

Everything else is default RR!

This is the roomservice.xml with all sources I use for the build:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <!--Device trees-->
  <project name="ResurrectionRemix-Devices/android_device_samsung_universal9810-common" path="device/samsung/universal9810-common" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="Q" />
  <project name="ResurrectionRemix-Devices/android_device_samsung_star2lte" path="device/samsung/star2lte" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="Q" />
  <project name="ResurrectionRemix-Devices/android_device_samsung_crownlte" path="device/samsung/crownlte" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="Q" />
  <project name="ResurrectionRemix-Devices/android_device_samsung_starlte" path="device/samsung/starlte" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="Q" />
  <!--Hardware-->
  <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="lineage-17.1" />
  <!--Vendor-->
  <project name="BlissRoms-Devices/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="q" />
  <!--Kernel-->
  <project name="yarpiin/White-Wolf-Uni-LOS" path="kernel/samsung/universal9810" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="master" />
</manifest>

As long as there is no RR for Android 11, as long as RR for Android 10 gets updated and as long as I stick to my SGS9, I will provide security updates in this thread.

I hope you enjoy it.

Big thanks to the LineageOS team, to synt4x93, to yarpiin, to garett_09 and especially to all the RR developers.
Thank you for this amazing ROM!!

One more hint:
Here you find the latest basebands for the SGS9 (big thanks to jaeck!):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...0-22-08-2021-android-10-pie-stockrom.3858990/
For me, the latest version from 07/27/2021 performs best concerning battery consumption in comparison to the modems of the whole last two years.

Last edited:

Freeze24

Apr 14, 2012
Bavaria
Samsung Galaxy S9
Does Android Auto work?
Just tried it with my F36. It didn't work using USB at all and using bluetooth the google assistant tried to do something after pushing the assistant button of my car, but there was also no connection possbile.
But to be honest, I'm not even sure if my car supports Android Auto. Maybe someone else could test who is sure that his/her car supports it.

Freeze24

Apr 14, 2012
Bavaria
Samsung Galaxy S9
Just curious, how is this compared with the official one?
In fact it's the same with the following differences
- the latest security fixes are included
- the bluetooth icon is visible in the status bas as soon as bluetooth is enabled and not only if a device is connected
- the networkTransitionTimeout is set to 30s instead of the default 60s (this is the time your device stays awake after a change in the network connection occured)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I really love RR and since there seems to be no one else who is willing to maintain the latest Resurrection Remix ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ for Android Q, I offer you this unofficial version.

Up to now I shared the download links in the official thread of the ROM (thank you and excuse me garett_09! I hope everything is okay with you, since you suddenly stopped providing updates), but - to my complete understanding - this is not in the interest of this forum (thank you for the advice, @Badger50, just didn't think about it). Thus I created this new thread.

Note:
    By downloading this ROM you take full responsibility of all consequences by your own!
    I'm not responsible if you brick your device or do any other damage.

Download and changelog for starlte and star2lte:
    https://freeze.ws/RR

Please don't ask me for support how to flash!

Kernel Source: https://github.com/yarpiin/White-Wolf-Uni-LOS
    Resurrection Remix Source: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

There are two minor changes I've made:
    - The default networkTransitionTimeout is decreased from 60 to 30 seconds.
    - The bluetooth icon in the status bar is visible as soon as bluetooth is enabled (and not only if a bluetooth device is connected).

Everything else is default RR!

This is the roomservice.xml with all sources I use for the build:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <!--Device trees-->
      <project name="ResurrectionRemix-Devices/android_device_samsung_universal9810-common" path="device/samsung/universal9810-common" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="Q" />
      <project name="ResurrectionRemix-Devices/android_device_samsung_star2lte" path="device/samsung/star2lte" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="Q" />
      <project name="ResurrectionRemix-Devices/android_device_samsung_crownlte" path="device/samsung/crownlte" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="Q" />
      <project name="ResurrectionRemix-Devices/android_device_samsung_starlte" path="device/samsung/starlte" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="Q" />
      <!--Hardware-->
      <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="lineage-17.1" />
      <!--Vendor-->
      <project name="BlissRoms-Devices/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="q" />
      <!--Kernel-->
      <project name="yarpiin/White-Wolf-Uni-LOS" path="kernel/samsung/universal9810" remote="github" clone-depth="1" revision="master" />
    </manifest>

As long as there is no RR for Android 11, as long as RR for Android 10 gets updated and as long as I stick to my SGS9, I will provide security updates in this thread.

I hope you enjoy it.

Big thanks to the LineageOS team, to synt4x93, to yarpiin, to garett_09 and especially to all the RR developers.
    Thank you for this amazing ROM!!

One more hint:
    Here you find the latest basebands for the SGS9 (big thanks to jaeck!):
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...0-22-08-2021-android-10-pie-stockrom.3858990/
    For me, the latest version from 07/27/2021 performs best concerning battery consumption in comparison to the modems of the whole last two years.