[ROM][S9+/S9][UNOFFICIAL][LineageOS 18.1][21-03-2021]

Search This thread

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
Can anyone tell me if phone encryption works?And if so, are all functions in TWRP like decryption with boot into recovery and browsing folders, flashing apps and updating the ROM isn't a problem?

roizcorp2

Oct 25, 2015
Did you try going into Display > LiveDisplay and setting "Color profile" to adaptive and "Display mode" to "Off"? This way the screen looks as expected
You nailed it! the night mode pretty trashes the colors though, i tried to adjust the red/blue temperatures but it seems pretty lost

gros_rouge

Jun 18, 2014
Hi everyone, I experience some problems installing this version : it does not reboot on lineage : after a moment it come back to TWRP. I come from the last version of Alexis ROM. Should I downgrade to an other Android 10 version ? Witch one ?

Thanks for your answers.

[EDIT : ] the issue come from NikGapps Addons ... I've to investiate a little bit more.

Last edited:

anujtuteja1993

Jan 11, 2012
Best rom for our phones!!
Not sure if anyone else has faced the same issue, but, I am unable to turn on 'Ok Google' detection. The button in the voice match settings, reverts back to off state as soon as I move away from the page.
Have tried a variety of google apps but been having the same issue with every one of them. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot for the amazing rom, though. :)

Reactions: sarius02

Azoz5236

Jan 12, 2020
Hi everyone, I experience some problems installing this version : it does not reboot on lineage : after a moment it come back to TWRP. I come from the last version of Alexis ROM. Should I downgrade to an other Android 10 version ? Witch one ?

Thanks for your answers.

[EDIT : ] the issue come from NikGapps Addons ... I've to investiate a little bit more.

do u find any solution? cos I have the same issue..

SNOOP_69

Feb 27, 2011
is there any chance to get the stock camera app running on this rom? I´ve tried the "Samsung Camera 11.0.02.56.apk" from apk-mirror but the system reported "app not installed" after the installation. Is there any other apk or zip that can be installed or sideloaded out there?

Reactions: Rosok

jomann

Jan 29, 2021
Ok, this is crazy! I now have an S9 (G960F) with exactly the same issue as my G960N: wifi APs are visible, but connections fail. I updated to the latest stock rom for each (yes, I used device specific stock roms downloaded from Samsung with samloader) and the wifi worked fine for both. I though the G960N was a fluke because less people use them and so they weren't tested.

Could this be an incompatibility with the firmware from the latest stock roms? Any ideas?

DarkSides166

May 19, 2010
Hi Guys, I have a Problem.

I flashed the Recovery to use TWRP 3.5.0_9.1 this worked fine.

When I try to install LineageOS 17.1 Official, It get Error 7 so i Searched, for something working and found this Article and TWRP runs the install with 18.1 Unofficial without error, but when I try to boot to OS, the Device boots to the Downloading Screen...

Do someone have an Idea to fix the Problem and run 18.1 in a right way to use it on my Device?

I have a G960F Dual-Sim

jomann

Jan 29, 2021

When I try to install LineageOS 17.1 Official, It get Error 7 so i Searched, for something working and found this Article and TWRP runs the install with 18.1 Unofficial without error, but when I try to boot to OS, the Device boots to the Downloading Screen...

Do someone have an Idea to fix the Problem and run 18.1 in a right way to use it on my Device?

I have a G960F Dual-Sim
It isn't normal to get an error 7 when flashing LOS. It means something is wrong and you should probably figure out what instead of just trying something else. The rom zip could be corrupted (validate with the sha256 checksum) or it could indicate something about the current state of the device doesn't meet requirements.

What Android version is the firmware (from the last stock rom) that was on the device? You might need to install the latest stock rom and start over since LOS 17.1 and 18.1 require Android 10 firmware.

koskos

Aug 24, 2006

I have a G960F Dual-Sim
I have a similar problem: TWRP runs the install with 18.1 Unofficial without error, but when I try to boot to OS, the Device boots to the Downloading Screen...

I am coming from the official Samsung ROM, device is rooted with Magisk and has TWRP. but after installing LineageOS 18.1 via TWRP it restarts into Download mode.

Synt4x.93

What could be the cause? zip checksum verified, no errors there.

Last edited:

jomann

Jan 29, 2021
I have a similar problem: TWRP runs the install with 18.1 Unofficial without error, but when I try to boot to OS, the Device boots to the Downloading Screen...

I am coming from the official Samsung ROM, device is rooted with Magisk and has TWRP. but after installing LineageOS 18.1 via TWRP it restarts into Download mode.

What could be the cause? zip checksum verified, no errors there.
The latest stock rom? It has to have been Android 10. What steps did you take from starting with a functional stock Android 10 rom? Did you maybe get a bit wipe happy with TWRP?

Reactions: Synt4x.93

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
is there any chance to get the stock camera app running on this rom? I´ve tried the "Samsung Camera 11.0.02.56.apk" from apk-mirror but the system reported "app not installed" after the installation. Is there any other apk or zip that can be installed or sideloaded out there?
I installed the ZGCAM yesterday to test it. So it works very well with the ROM. In any case, I can't see any bugs quickly.
sorry for engl ... I use translators)
Device: G960F (starlte)

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
I installed the ZGCAM yesterday to test it. So it works very well with the ROM. In any case, I can't see any bugs quickly.
sorry for engl ... I use translators)
Device: G960F (starlte)
FYI, it seems there are news about GCam for Exynos.
I didn't test it myself yet.

Edit: Doesn't work for me. It seems you have to have GApps installed and fake services aren't enough.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why EOL? is there any problem with this rom?
    nothing, but no March security patch while other roms based on this awesome dev's work already delivered

i've used many many custom roms over the years and the rule is there is no EOL announcement, they all die quietly, this is why i ask when i sense inactivity
    FYI, it seems there are news about GCam for Exynos.
    I didn't test it myself yet.

Edit: Doesn't work for me. It seems you have to have GApps installed and fake services aren't enough.
    @geronimoge, You are right!
    I was using ZGCam from koopahtmaniac.com and that was working reassonable well. Just now installed this BSG's version: MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV0m_Eng.apk and that is working even better and more fluid. Thank you for pointing that out.
    I'm running samsung starlte S9, with Lineageos 18.1 en Nikgapps
    nothing, but no March security patch while other roms based on this awesome dev's work already delivered

i've used many many custom roms over the years and the rule is there is no EOL announcement, they all die quietly, this is why i ask when i sense inactivity
    I know for a fact that this is not EOL, the dev is still working hard on making a better LOS experience on Exynos 9810, which includes this phone.

Please have patiece, all the good comes with time :p
    Can you help me out about how to download the rom. I have just found the github repository but do not understand how to get the flashable zip file.
    In the very first post, there is a link named "Download". When you follow it, you get to a GitHub releases page with roughly 10 entries. There should be a file like "lineage-18.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-starlte.zip" for every device, this example would be for S9.

Beside I would please you to NOT post questions as this as replies to totally unrelated posts like mine ;)
    Installed this rom recently and everything works exceptionally well, very impressed by the developers.
    Im installing White Wolf kernels. And my problem is when i charge while playing games like Mobile Legend or Etc My Battery cant Up And Run Down, but when not playing games everythings work great. Any some reason for my problem to solve that issue?
    Thank You before :)
    Regards for Developer this ROM!
    Sorry for my bad English.
    2okPze5.png

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Stock Samsung Oneui 2 - 2.5 (Android 10) Firmware. (Bootloader + Vendor)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    • Lineage Recovery or TWRP
    • Format /system + /data + /cache
    • Flash
    • Reboot

WORKING:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • HDMI
    • Ethernet
    • MTP/ADB
    • Call Recording
    • Encryption
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • Android Auto
    • Glove Mode
    • OTA Updates

BROKEN:
    • Iris Scanner
    • VoLTE

DOWNLOADS:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Version Information
    Stable
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.118
    ROM Firmware Required: Oneui 2 - 2.5

Contributors
    synt4x.93

Source Code: https://github.com/synt4x93/

Created: 16-12-2020
    Last Updated: 21-03-2021
    great work dev just flashed the rom is smooth and fast (y)
    Hii everyone is VOLTE working in this rom.
    and any Geekbench score?
    I can't believe how many times this has to be repeated. VOLTE will never work on any custom ROM. Never. The files required for this are proprietary. The only choice is to use stock or a rom based on it(Alexis rom).
    Nikgapps broke their 31/12/2020 build, addon.d script does not reflash correctly for all devices. Revert to 14/12/2020 :) just flash it over your setup no wipes.

OMG, thank you so much for the quick reply!!!
    This completely solved the problem! It literally feels like you saved my life - thank you!😀😊😁🥳
    That's interesting. Despite I'm not a fan of AOSP ROMs I may give it a try. Thank you :)
    PS:
    I don't see GAPPS here but are available on his channel. Here is a mirror as well, because I download them all.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone