[ROM][S9+/S9][UNOFFICIAL][LineageOS 18.1][21-03-2021]

Search This thread

muammil

Jun 17, 2009
KD
2okPze5.png

REQUIREMENTS:
  • Stock Samsung Oneui 2 - 2.5 (Android 10) Firmware. (Bootloader + Vendor)

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Lineage Recovery or TWRP
  • Format /system + /data + /cache
  • Flash
  • Reboot

WORKING:
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Mobile Network
  • GPS
  • NFC
  • Audio
  • Camera
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • HDMI
  • Ethernet
  • MTP/ADB
  • Call Recording
  • Encryption
  • SELinux Enforcing
  • Android Auto
  • Glove Mode
  • OTA Updates

BROKEN:
  • Iris Scanner
  • VoLTE

DOWNLOADS:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Version Information
Stable
ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.118
ROM Firmware Required: Oneui 2 - 2.5

Contributors
synt4x.93

Source Code: https://github.com/synt4x93/

Created: 16-12-2020
Last Updated: 21-03-2021
I lost baseband after flashing this rom. No imei. Any solution?

owenjm

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks for this amazing ROM @Synt4x.93 ! Everything that is supposed to work is working perfectly, smoothly and flawlessly. I really hope that this is lined up to be an Official release so that updates keep coming through automatically?

One thing to note -- like many ROMs for this device, it's missing a gps.conf file in /system/etc to provide the ephemeris data links for other systems. Without the correct file, GPS works but only locks onto GPS satellites; with the file, I'm able to connect to BeiDou, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS sats and get a faster and more accurate fix.

For anyone like me who was coming from an Oreo vendor / bootloader, I had success doing the following with TWRP 3.2.3
  1. Factory reset / full system wipe
  2. Flash DTC5 vendor
  3. Flash ROM
  4. Flash GAPPS
  5. Flash Magisk 21.4 (didn't dare use the latest Magisk.app, those instructions are clear as mud and greatly scare me!)
  6. Flash DTC5 bootloader
  7. Flash latest SoLdieR9312 flashable firmware (ETF5_r7 in my case -- was worried if this would cause problems, but it seems fine)
There was thankfully no need to revert to stock with Heimdall (which I had thought was required, and is what had put me off upgrading to a Android10-vendor-based ROM for the longest time).

I migrated my apps with Migrate (as apparently TiBu no longer works, sadtimes), and that more-or-less worked provided you don't try to restore permissions.

Feels like my phone has a new lease of life :)

gnarf49

Jan 21, 2013
The gps.conf seems to have changed location, I found /vendor/etc/gnss/gps.xml on my S9 running on last official MicroG 17.1 from 18/Jan/2021. Galileo is enabled but I have never seen it being used (trying with SATSTAT). GPS and GLONASS working perfectly fine always, sometimes a Beidou signal is received.

owenjm

Dec 8, 2010
The gps.conf seems to have changed location, I found /vendor/etc/gnss/gps.xml on my S9 running on last official MicroG 17.1 from 18/Jan/2021. Galileo is enabled but I have never seen it being used (trying with SATSTAT). GPS and GLONASS working perfectly fine always, sometimes a Beidou signal is received.
gps.xml != gps.conf

There's nothing wrong with the gps.xml file in vendor, but you need a separate (and very different!) gps.conf to find the other satellite clusters. (Yes, you will get an occasional GLONASS or BeiDou without it - but I see 32+ satellites for my fix, which I suspect is a lot more than what you're seeing ...)

The GPS works tolerably without the conf file, but it's so much faster to get a cold fix (and should be more accurate in suboptimal conditions) with it.

Confuserix

Jun 9, 2017
Just have flashed my Galaxy S9+ Duos but I had no success although I strictly followed the installation procedure given here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/star2lte/install
First I made sure to have an exynox CPU and that Android 10 is installed and downloading the correct recovery image. Then I have installed adb following the advice given here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/adb_fastboot_guide.html
and checked it via "adb shell". It was answered by "daemon started at tcp:5037"
My Heimdall version is that from the link within the LineageOS guide.

Then I flashed the phone via heimdall as recommended, using the recovery image:
lineage-18.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-star2lte-recovery.img

It was loaded very quick to the phone completely (loading bar).

But even after 10 minutes waiting, I got no display report, that the flashing process is finished. Instead, the display showed the following lines (only the first five lines):
ODIN MODE
DOWNLOAD SPEED: FAST
PRODUCT NAME: SM-G965F
CURRENT BINARY: Custom (0x4)
KG STATE: Checking

After rebooting, I got a distorted display and with the help of a magnifying glass I could read the message, that the software did not fit the check. I assume, that Samsung Knox did prevent to start up the phone with LineageOS. But I have bought the phone as a used device and so we don't have the 7 days limit for new devices.
After about 10 minutes, the phone rebooted automatically in the Samsung original software. I am lucky, that I had not bricked the phone.

But how should I proceed now, to flash LOS 18 on it? And I fear now, that I am next time not so lucky and really would brick my phone!

Any idea what I did wrong?

Last edited:

Confuserix

Jun 9, 2017
Sorry to say, that my S9+ is broken in a strange way: While I tried to set it up with the original Samsung stock firmware, which seemed to work at first, I got a message on the display, that Samsung wanted to install an update, dated from April 1st.
I made the mistake, to agree to that update. After it has been installed, the phone rebooted automatically and it showed up a very distorted display with some dim green lines at the top of the display. No error messages did show up.
While I was writing this text, suddenly the phone rebooted again and showed a regular screen from stock ROM and showing a message, that the apps would be optimized. The progress bar was creeping slowly. When it finished at 100%, the regular main screen showed up and now the phone seems to work regularily.
But I am sure now, that I will run into problems again, as soon as I reboot again. And this probably will prevent me from further trying to flash my S9+ with LineageOS.

What should I do????

Confuserix

Jun 9, 2017
Concerning my two requests here:
I have found the reason for my problems: I thought, my S9+ would have been rooted, because OEM-unlock would tell me. Instead it is still unrooted, because VaultKeeper and Knox are preventing it.

I have found some advice here:

But they tell, that you have to enter the DownloadMode by pressing volume-down + power + bixby. And then you get a screen, offering three options. The second one should be available by pressing the volume up button some seconds in order to start the root process.
But on my screen, I do not have this option! And I do not know, how this option can be gone. You can see it on my two Screenshots. On the second screen, it is remarkable, that in the fifth line is showing up: KG STATE : Checking
And Warranty Void: 1 (0x0000) is set. In spite, the Current Binary is Samsung Official.

So what can I do, to get rid of the problems and get real root? I am on Linux and don't have access to Windows / Odin.

Attachments

• Screen-1_.jpg
    Screen-1_.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Screen-2.jpg
    Screen-2.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 38

roizcorp2

Oct 25, 2015
when watching full screen youtube videos on firefox the bottom edge is cut while i get a substantial black edge on top. Anyone has it as well? ( i do not wish to use youtube app)

d4foasta

Aug 26, 2012
This rom is amazing, nice to look at and with good performance. I especially like the integration of seedvault - thats exactly what i missed since going Android Open Source...

Thank you.

PS: not sure yet who is the culprit (rom or vlc), but when listening to audiobooks (single big audio files), sometimes it shows my position at something quite ahead of the max duration of the file.... happens most of the time after i pause and resume playback. s/o with the same phenomenon?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VoLTE ATTACK
    the only tool that works great for me is the Magisk module "CallRecorder-SKVALEX", trial 14 days, I bought it because it works great with the S9.
    But to your actual question ... there is a menu entry "Call recording" with AMR-WB and ACC in the settings of the dialer. But there is no record button when you call or there is a folder with CallRecord in the device menu. So I think nothing is recorded there.
    (sorry for engl ... I use translators)
    Device: G960F (starlte)
    Thank you, I'll try Magisk module.

For now I'm using my brother's pocophone.

Anyway, I think that Google position about call recording is stupid and absurd.
    I have the s9+ G965F. which file do i download for my device? Also i cant find gapps for android 11
    First the file you want is lineage-18.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-star2lte.zip
    Star2lte
    is the Exynos s9+

Gapps for Android 11: try these
    First the file you want is lineage-18.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-star2lte.zip
    Star2lte
    is the Exynos s9+

Gapps for Android 11: try these
    Thank you very much. I jujst installed the rom and it went super smoothly.
    Screenshot_20210503-141943_Settings.png
    Battery life is awesome. Hoping we see more updates on this rom.
    2okPze5.png

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Stock Samsung Oneui 2 - 2.5 (Android 10) Firmware. (Bootloader + Vendor)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    • Lineage Recovery or TWRP
    • Format /system + /data + /cache
    • Flash
    • Reboot

WORKING:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • HDMI
    • Ethernet
    • MTP/ADB
    • Call Recording
    • Encryption
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • Android Auto
    • Glove Mode
    • OTA Updates

BROKEN:
    • Iris Scanner
    • VoLTE

DOWNLOADS:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Version Information
    Stable
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.118
    ROM Firmware Required: Oneui 2 - 2.5

Contributors
    synt4x.93

Source Code: https://github.com/synt4x93/

Created: 16-12-2020
    Last Updated: 21-03-2021
    great work dev just flashed the rom is smooth and fast (y)
    Hii everyone is VOLTE working in this rom.
    and any Geekbench score?
    I can't believe how many times this has to be repeated. VOLTE will never work on any custom ROM. Never. The files required for this are proprietary. The only choice is to use stock or a rom based on it(Alexis rom).
    Nikgapps broke their 31/12/2020 build, addon.d script does not reflash correctly for all devices. Revert to 14/12/2020 :) just flash it over your setup no wipes.

OMG, thank you so much for the quick reply!!!
    This completely solved the problem! It literally feels like you saved my life - thank you!😀😊😁🥳
    That's interesting. Despite I'm not a fan of AOSP ROMs I may give it a try. Thank you :)
    PS:
    I don't see GAPPS here but are available on his channel. Here is a mirror as well, because I download them all.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone