[ROM][S9+/S9][UNOFFICIAL][LineageOS 18.1][21-03-2021]

Search This thread

brotobg

Mar 11, 2014
Hello. Everything went smoothly with the installation of my Samsung S9 plus (SM-G965F). The phone works quickly and smoothly. So far, I haven't noticed any problems, except that Wi-Fi doesn't sleep when the phone is in deep sleep mode. The battery has a good life, but I believe it will improve even more if Wi-Fi falls asleep. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Bertonumber1

May 17, 2020
Glasgow UK
Hello. Everything went smoothly with the installation of my Samsung S9 plus (SM-G965F). The phone works quickly and smoothly. So far, I haven't noticed any problems, except that Wi-Fi doesn't sleep when the phone is in deep sleep mode. The battery has a good life, but I believe it will improve even more if Wi-Fi falls asleep. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
You should be able to do this in build.prop

Edit the text file with any root explorer with root and copy/paste this :

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

After the last line in the build.prop.
Save and exit then change the file permission (in properties) to :

rw r- r-

Reboot

If someone with more knowledge than me could advise.

I have all the build.prop tweaks in my s9+ G965F android 10 stock firmware rooted with locked bootloader and magisk 22.1.

Obviously what works for some doesn't always for others so be careful.

Regards

roizcorp2

Oct 25, 2015
does anyone managed to connect a NTFS usb drive via MTP?

it only shows me that the phone is being controlled by the connected device (search "usb" in settings while connected) and i cannot switch

UPDATE: it does not support EXT4 drive neither

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
does anyone managed to connect a NTFS usb drive via MTP?

it only shows me that the phone is being controlled by the connected device (search "usb" in settings while connected) and i cannot switch

UPDATE: it does not support EXT4 drive neither
Interesting.
I noticed that the phone is rebooting, if connected to a device with USB and I switch the connection type from 'charging' to 'file transfer'.
If I switch from 'charging' to 'Midi' to 'file transfer' it's working without reboot.

Onimir89

Apr 20, 2021
Can i record call with this Mod?
because I need call recording for work but Google is a really pain in tha ass. I tried each recording app that I found on the play store but nothing.

brotobg

Mar 11, 2014
You should be able to do this in build.prop

Edit the text file with any root explorer with root and copy/paste this :

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

After the last line in the build.prop.
Save and exit then change the file permission (in properties) to :

rw r- r-

Reboot

If someone with more knowledge than me could advise.

I have all the build.prop tweaks in my s9+ G965F android 10 stock firmware rooted with locked bootloader and magisk 22.1.

Obviously what works for some doesn't always for others so be careful.

Regards

Thanks for the recommendations, but I don't think the expected result was obtained.
I added the improvements to the build.prop file, but the wi-fi didn't sleep. I even noticed that the battery started to drop faster than before.

Do you have any other suggestions?

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Can i record call with this Mod?
because I need call recording for work but Google is a really pain in tha ass. I tried each recording app that I found on the play store but nothing.
the only tool that works great for me is the Magisk module "CallRecorder-SKVALEX", trial 14 days, I bought it because it works great with the S9.
But to your actual question ... there is a menu entry "Call recording" with AMR-WB and ACC in the settings of the dialer. But there is no record button when you call or there is a folder with CallRecord in the device menu. So I think nothing is recorded there.
(sorry for engl ... I use translators)
Device: G960F (starlte)

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
Interesting.
I noticed that the phone is rebooting, if connected to a device with USB and I switch the connection type from 'charging' to 'file transfer'.
If I switch from 'charging' to 'Midi' to 'file transfer' it's working without reboot.
I have to correct myself:
The reboot happens also when I'm switching from 'charging' to 'midi' to 'file transfer'.
I just have to try it for a few times (everytime with a reboot) and earlier or later it works.
I have no idea why.

Onimir89

Apr 20, 2021
the only tool that works great for me is the Magisk module "CallRecorder-SKVALEX", trial 14 days, I bought it because it works great with the S9.
But to your actual question ... there is a menu entry "Call recording" with AMR-WB and ACC in the settings of the dialer. But there is no record button when you call or there is a folder with CallRecord in the device menu. So I think nothing is recorded there.
Thank you, I'll try Magisk module.

For now I'm using my brother's pocophone.

Anyway, I think that Google position about call recording is stupid and absurd.

Reactions: testerS4

Aga.bogdan

Apr 26, 2021
Great rom.i just want to know any working port for gcam for s9+ as with default LOS camera quality is very poor as well telephoto lens in not working.
I installed MGC by BSG gcam port but also telephoto lens is not working.i tested by placing finger on telephoto lens in broad day light and also in portrait mode in 2x zoom. Searched a lot of forums but found nothing.any one have same issue??

Aga.bogdan

Apr 26, 2021
And even I wonder why every custom rom especially LOS of any version is lacking camera quality?I have been using LOS from many years.i had installed open camera but there too no telephoto lens working.or it may be my fault that I am poor to under stand this camera settings both for open camera and GCAM

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
And even I wonder why every custom rom especially LOS of any version is lacking camera quality?I have been using LOS from many years.i had installed open camera but there too no telephoto lens working.or it may be my fault that I am poor to under stand this camera settings both for open camera and GCAM
Getting camera to work at all is hard in aosp based ROM. There are closed source hardware drivers and undocumented interfaces.

Aga.bogdan

Apr 26, 2021
Ok.but how people on exynos used macro and telephoto lens with GCAM port by BSG.i found nothing related to auxiliary telephoto lens in setting or am I overlooked it?

Aga.bogdan

Apr 26, 2021
Unable to use telephoto lens and wide angle tried zcam and open camera and even gcam port by BSG.
Why my telephoto lens not working any one have same problem?now I have to test telephoto lens by installing original samsung firmware if it works or not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VoLTE ATTACK
    Thank you, I'll try Magisk module.

For now I'm using my brother's pocophone.

Anyway, I think that Google position about call recording is stupid and absurd.
    I have the s9+ G965F. which file do i download for my device? Also i cant find gapps for android 11
    First the file you want is lineage-18.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-star2lte.zip
    Star2lte
    is the Exynos s9+

Gapps for Android 11: try these
    First the file you want is lineage-18.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-star2lte.zip
    Star2lte
    is the Exynos s9+

Gapps for Android 11: try these
    Thank you very much. I jujst installed the rom and it went super smoothly.
    Screenshot_20210503-141943_Settings.png
    Battery life is awesome. Hoping we see more updates on this rom.
    2okPze5.png

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Stock Samsung Oneui 2 - 2.5 (Android 10) Firmware. (Bootloader + Vendor)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    • Lineage Recovery or TWRP
    • Format /system + /data + /cache
    • Flash
    • Reboot

WORKING:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • HDMI
    • Ethernet
    • MTP/ADB
    • Call Recording
    • Encryption
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • Android Auto
    • Glove Mode
    • OTA Updates

BROKEN:
    • Iris Scanner
    • VoLTE

DOWNLOADS:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Version Information
    Stable
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.118
    ROM Firmware Required: Oneui 2 - 2.5

Contributors
    synt4x.93

Source Code: https://github.com/synt4x93/

Created: 16-12-2020
    Last Updated: 21-03-2021
    great work dev just flashed the rom is smooth and fast (y)
    Hii everyone is VOLTE working in this rom.
    and any Geekbench score?
    I can't believe how many times this has to be repeated. VOLTE will never work on any custom ROM. Never. The files required for this are proprietary. The only choice is to use stock or a rom based on it(Alexis rom).
    Nikgapps broke their 31/12/2020 build, addon.d script does not reflash correctly for all devices. Revert to 14/12/2020 :) just flash it over your setup no wipes.

OMG, thank you so much for the quick reply!!!
    This completely solved the problem! It literally feels like you saved my life - thank you!😀😊😁🥳
    That's interesting. Despite I'm not a fan of AOSP ROMs I may give it a try. Thank you :)
    PS:
    I don't see GAPPS here but are available on his channel. Here is a mirror as well, because I download them all.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone