[ROM][S9+/S9][UNOFFICIAL][LineageOS 18.1][21-03-2021]

Search This thread
S9 Plus exynos. I think it has a bit larger battery than s9 but larger screen too.

LOS 18.1 Unofficial, NO Google apps, DNS pointed to cloudflare. Bromite webview, etc. Rooted with magisk, adaway, FOSS applications. Few apps from aurora store.

If you want to keep oneui check out Alexis Rom.
Yes. I like One UI. I will check Alexis Rom. Thanks for the information.

smallz2k

Aug 12, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S9
Another great ROM from great old school dev team, been using them since waaaay back I'm not sure, was it a sony Xperia X10!/?mini over 10yrs ago?cyanogen? Anyway about this one, has anyone had any problems getting the voice recorder working? Cleared cache, data etc still no joy, also phone runs a bit hot but still for me easily the best Android 11 ROM out there for these now pretty old phones so maybe the heat is the phone having to work harder? Thanks.

smallz2k

Aug 12, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S9
Unable to use telephoto lens and wide angle tried zcam and open camera and even gcam port by BSG.
Why my telephoto lens not working any one have same problem?now I have to test telephoto lens by installing original samsung firmware if it works or not.
Whats telephoto lenses do, I thought my cameras working fine? Is this for special kind of photo?

wojtos1

Aug 22, 2018
Hi everybody,
first of all thank you for best ROM! Everything runs smoothly and nice.
But I'm trying to solve an issue with SafetyNet because checking it in Magisk Manager gives
"SafetyNet API Error
basicIntegrity -
ctsProfile -
evalType N/A".

Checking the status in app SafetyNet Checker gives:
"Basic Integrity Success
CTS Profile Match Failed
Response Signature Verification Success"
I really don't know which way should I go to resolve that issue. I was trying doing step by step
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-17-1-22-on-pie.3929950/page-9#post-79643248
installing SafetyNet Fix gives bootloop
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-1-1-0.4217823/

Now I have no clue to do it. Could somebody help?
I will be grateful for any help.

Aga.bogdan

Apr 26, 2021
Hi everybody,
first of all thank you for best ROM! Everything runs smoothly and nice.
But I'm trying to solve an issue with SafetyNet because checking it in Magisk Manager gives
"SafetyNet API Error
basicIntegrity -
ctsProfile -
evalType N/A".

Checking the status in app SafetyNet Checker gives:
"Basic Integrity Success
CTS Profile Match Failed
Response Signature Verification Success"
I really don't know which way should I go to resolve that issue. I was trying doing step by step
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-17-1-22-on-pie.3929950/page-9#post-79643248
installing SafetyNet Fix gives bootloop
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-1-1-0.4217823/

Now I have no clue to do it. Could somebody help?
I will be grateful for any help.
Install Magisk canary and Magisk build props to hide.

Reactions: wojtos1

wojtos1

Aug 22, 2018
Install Magisk canary and Magisk build props to hide.
Thnak you Aga.bogdan for your help.
I have installed Magisk Canary Manager first, again flashed Magisk.zip on twrp. Next I've install Magiel Prop Module and enabled Magisk Hide. I've used Hide for Google Play Services and Google Pay (fresh install). Ten opened Termux, props and used signature for Samsung S9 android 10 because there was no 11. Now I've got this means "incorrect certificate".
Screenshot_20210509-225320_Magisk.png

Google Pay does note work of course. Am I doing something wrong?

Aga.bogdan

Apr 26, 2021
Thnak you Aga.bogdan for your help.
I have installed Magisk Canary Manager first, again flashed Magisk.zip on twrp. Next I've install Magiel Prop Module and enabled Magisk Hide. I've used Hide for Google Play Services and Google Pay (fresh install). Ten opened Termux, props and used signature for Samsung S9 android 10 because there was no 11. Now I've got this means "incorrect certificate". View attachment 5304775
Google Pay does note work of course. Am I doing something wrong?
In props select
1.google manufacturer
2.pixel 4xl
3.andriod 11
4.Restart
clear playstore data and Google play services
5.restart

Isovitisgr

Aug 25, 2011
Athens
Hi guys, may I ask if the support of this ROM has been stopped? Last update is from March as I can see and since then there was at least one update every month.

Sorry for asking but I'm thinking if re-installing it after some time as it is the smoothest ROM for S9+ for my opinion.

wojtos1

Aug 22, 2018
EDIT: solved. I used manual from the post https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-official-weekly-exynos.4209683/post-84188511
BUT it is important to add Magisk Module called Universal SafetyNet Fix taken from here:
https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases

Additional I used MagiskHide for all apps with "google" in the app name. Ofc there is a need to hide root for apps like Revolut, Banks etc.

Don't look at SafetyNet status in MagiskManager. I recommend to use SafetyNet checker from Play Store.

Probably I am doing something incorrect.
I tried again today after fresh lineageos installation (wiped DALVIK cache, system, data, cache. Then I flashed NIKGapps and booted. I installed Magisk Canary apk, rebooted into recovery to flash Magisk.zip, then from the app upgraded Magisk.
I rebooted system and installed MagiskHide Prop Config, hid Play Services and Google Pay (I have not opened it before) in Magisk Hide. In Termux using PROPS I've changed fingerprint to Google Pixel 4 XL, Android 11. After reboot in Magisk:
"API ERROR SafetyNet
-
-
N/A"

Maybe there is my bad somewhere in Magisk installation?

Last edited:

oky82

Aug 4, 2017
www.oky-photography.de
Hi there, I'm using this ROM for some weeks now. I just figured out two bugs, one is very disturbing the usage of the phone. I use an SD card of 128GB formatted with exFAT. When connecting with USB and enabling the file transfer the phone immediately reboots. The other bug maybe depending on the app "duolingo". On lineage 17.1 I was able to do speech exercises. And after the upgrade this feature is gone.
Overall the system is very stable. Keep up the great work!

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
Hi there, I'm using this ROM for some weeks now. I just figured out two bugs, one is very disturbing the usage of the phone. I use an SD card of 128GB formatted with exFAT. When connecting with USB and enabling the file transfer the phone immediately reboots.
Same here
SD card was formatted by system (LOS) but I don't know if it's connected to the SD card at all.

So does it work for you, when you're unplugging the SD card from phone?

Top Liked Posts

Update: I was able to successfully compile LineageOS-18.1 for starlte and execute an update of the OS and Recovery!

Before I delve into what the problems were and how I solved them, it is important to note that I am working on Windows 10 using Ubuntu in virtual mode.

The problem with roomservice was a permission issue. I was downloading the roomservice.xml using windows and then placing it in the local_manifests folder through windows explorer. This resulted in a permissions problem when the compiler was trying to access it during repo sync. Further research revealed that I should really be working with WSL2, which offers better functionality than WSL1 but Windows explorer cannot browse Ubuntu directories (like was possible with WSL1). I just decided to start from scratch at this point, reinstalling Ubuntu and downloading roomservice into local_manifests in the virtual Ubuntu environment. There were no permission issues and repo sync fetched the additional files properly.

The problem with soong exec format error ninja actually ended up being a virtualization setting I had to enable in the BIOS. By habit, I always disable SVM in my BIOS since I never had to use it, until now that is. The error line is indicating that an executable cannot be run in the virtual environment, which requires CPU virtualization to be enabled. After enabling it in my BIOS, the compiling worked flawlessly.

The compile process took about 2 hours at 100% CPU usage (R5 3600, Pcie4 nvme, 16GB 3200), with no errors. The upload process was carried out in the Windows environment using Heimdall (for the new recovery), ADB (for the sideload in recovery), and zadig (per Lineage's standard guide). Since I was flashing 18.1 with the May 2021 security update over Synt4x's older 18.1, I just updated via ADB in recovery instead of a full format.

The starlte works perfectly and all my apps and settings are still there! I look forward to building whenever I need to; especially when security updates are released.

Many thanks to @Synt4x.93 for housing all the device specific repos and @gusnz for the helpful guidance!
    Don't mean to be a jerk, simply stating my choices. The person who made this unoffical rom has been online several days this past week and has given us zero communication on future updates.

I'll be heading to arrow os soon.
    In open source nobody owes anything to anyone. People are working in their free time. Which is kind of obvious.

@ElPakoTech

Thanks for your work!
    I will test the build and give you feedback.

Nice , if we have a maintained LOS with current security patches.
    Have you a paypal adress, that i can buy you a beer?

Regards
    dreas
    I will do my own build anyway if there is no official support so I'm happy to share it. No need to tips but thanks :)
    Update: I was able to successfully compile LineageOS-18.1 for starlte and execute an update of the OS and Recovery!

Before I delve into what the problems were and how I solved them, it is important to note that I am working on Windows 10 using Ubuntu in virtual mode.

The problem with roomservice was a permission issue. I was downloading the roomservice.xml using windows and then placing it in the local_manifests folder through windows explorer. This resulted in a permissions problem when the compiler was trying to access it during repo sync. Further research revealed that I should really be working with WSL2, which offers better functionality than WSL1 but Windows explorer cannot browse Ubuntu directories (like was possible with WSL1). I just decided to start from scratch at this point, reinstalling Ubuntu and downloading roomservice into local_manifests in the virtual Ubuntu environment. There were no permission issues and repo sync fetched the additional files properly.

The problem with soong exec format error ninja actually ended up being a virtualization setting I had to enable in the BIOS. By habit, I always disable SVM in my BIOS since I never had to use it, until now that is. The error line is indicating that an executable cannot be run in the virtual environment, which requires CPU virtualization to be enabled. After enabling it in my BIOS, the compiling worked flawlessly.

The compile process took about 2 hours at 100% CPU usage (R5 3600, Pcie4 nvme, 16GB 3200), with no errors. The upload process was carried out in the Windows environment using Heimdall (for the new recovery), ADB (for the sideload in recovery), and zadig (per Lineage's standard guide). Since I was flashing 18.1 with the May 2021 security update over Synt4x's older 18.1, I just updated via ADB in recovery instead of a full format.

The starlte works perfectly and all my apps and settings are still there! I look forward to building whenever I need to; especially when security updates are released.

Many thanks to @Synt4x.93 for housing all the device specific repos and @gusnz for the helpful guidance!
    IOW, WRT lineageos 18.1 for s9/s9+, how about documenting how to build it from source.
    The old official doc is here : https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/star2lte/build

The official doc isn't bad but you need an extra step:
    1) Before running repo sync, add roomservice.xml from Synt4x93's Github to .repo/local_manifests/ in the Lineage root folder.
    2) Then run repo sync and the rest of the instructions. You can skip the "Extract proprietary blobs" step.

Of course make sure you are checking out 18.1 not 17.1 during repo init. My first build attempt crashed out after running low on RAM but hopefully you folks have luck!
    Can you share your builds, I really want security updated phone
    Hi,

I made a new one and you can download it here: https://github.com/pakaoraki/OTA/releases

Just let you know this build is signed with my own keys: so in the future if you want to update to an official or to another unofficial build, you will need to wipe and start over (or see this page https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html to change keys for a dirty flash). It's also 100% source code from @Synt4x.93 so big thanks to him again.

I plan to do some other updates time to time to keep the ROM secure, and the OTA should be working. I am not a confirmed android/lineage dev so there is absolutely no guaranty that any issues come due to Lineageos updated code. If the main dev build again updated Rom in the future, I would recommend to use it.

After flashing properly data/system from Lineage Recovery this time, and installed the new build, the problem I had with settings is gone now: sor far, any issues. I also use MindTheGapps this time as Lineageos dev recommend it for 18.1 and everything is fine. Just let you know that I wasn't able to install it the first time with TWRP (got some errors), it is why I switched to NikGapps in the first place, which is working great too.
    2okPze5.png

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Stock Samsung Oneui 2 - 2.5 (Android 10) Firmware. (Bootloader + Vendor)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    • Lineage Recovery or TWRP
    • Format /system + /data + /cache
    • Flash
    • Reboot

WORKING:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • HDMI
    • Ethernet
    • MTP/ADB
    • Call Recording
    • Encryption
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • Android Auto
    • Glove Mode
    • OTA Updates

BROKEN:
    • Iris Scanner
    • VoLTE

DOWNLOADS:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Version Information
    Stable
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.118
    ROM Firmware Required: Oneui 2 - 2.5

Contributors
    synt4x.93

Source Code: https://github.com/synt4x93/

Created: 16-12-2020
    Last Updated: 21-03-2021

@ElPakoTech

Thanks for your work!
    I will test the build and give you feedback.

Nice , if we have a maintained LOS with current security patches.
    Have you a paypal adress, that i can buy you a beer?

Regards
    dreas
    I will do my own build anyway if there is no official support so I'm happy to share it. No need to tips but thanks :)
    Don't mean to be a jerk, simply stating my choices. The person who made this unoffical rom has been online several days this past week and has given us zero communication on future updates.

I'll be heading to arrow os soon.
    In open source nobody owes anything to anyone. People are working in their free time. Which is kind of obvious.
    great work dev just flashed the rom is smooth and fast (y)
    Hii everyone is VOLTE working in this rom.
    and any Geekbench score?
    I can't believe how many times this has to be repeated. VOLTE will never work on any custom ROM. Never. The files required for this are proprietary. The only choice is to use stock or a rom based on it(Alexis rom).
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone