[ROM][S9+/S9][UNOFFICIAL][LineageOS 18.1][21-03-2021]

Search This thread

anujtuteja1993

Jan 11, 2012
Best rom for our phones!!
Not sure if anyone else has faced the same issue, but, I am unable to turn on 'Ok Google' detection. The button in the voice match settings, reverts back to off state as soon as I move away from the page.
Have tried a variety of google apps but been having the same issue with every one of them. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot for the amazing rom, though. :)

Reactions: sarius02

Azoz5236

Jan 12, 2020
Hi everyone, I experience some problems installing this version : it does not reboot on lineage : after a moment it come back to TWRP. I come from the last version of Alexis ROM. Should I downgrade to an other Android 10 version ? Witch one ?

Thanks for your answers.

[EDIT : ] the issue come from NikGapps Addons ... I've to investiate a little bit more.

do u find any solution? cos I have the same issue..

SNOOP_69

Feb 27, 2011
is there any chance to get the stock camera app running on this rom? I´ve tried the "Samsung Camera 11.0.02.56.apk" from apk-mirror but the system reported "app not installed" after the installation. Is there any other apk or zip that can be installed or sideloaded out there?

Reactions: Rosok

jomann

Jan 29, 2021
Ok, this is crazy! I now have an S9 (G960F) with exactly the same issue as my G960N: wifi APs are visible, but connections fail. I updated to the latest stock rom for each (yes, I used device specific stock roms downloaded from Samsung with samloader) and the wifi worked fine for both. I though the G960N was a fluke because less people use them and so they weren't tested.

Could this be an incompatibility with the firmware from the latest stock roms? Any ideas?

DarkSides166

May 19, 2010
Hi Guys, I have a Problem.

I flashed the Recovery to use TWRP 3.5.0_9.1 this worked fine.

When I try to install LineageOS 17.1 Official, It get Error 7 so i Searched, for something working and found this Article and TWRP runs the install with 18.1 Unofficial without error, but when I try to boot to OS, the Device boots to the Downloading Screen...

Do someone have an Idea to fix the Problem and run 18.1 in a right way to use it on my Device?

I have a G960F Dual-Sim

jomann

Jan 29, 2021

When I try to install LineageOS 17.1 Official, It get Error 7 so i Searched, for something working and found this Article and TWRP runs the install with 18.1 Unofficial without error, but when I try to boot to OS, the Device boots to the Downloading Screen...

Do someone have an Idea to fix the Problem and run 18.1 in a right way to use it on my Device?

I have a G960F Dual-Sim
It isn't normal to get an error 7 when flashing LOS. It means something is wrong and you should probably figure out what instead of just trying something else. The rom zip could be corrupted (validate with the sha256 checksum) or it could indicate something about the current state of the device doesn't meet requirements.

What Android version is the firmware (from the last stock rom) that was on the device? You might need to install the latest stock rom and start over since LOS 17.1 and 18.1 require Android 10 firmware.

koskos

Aug 24, 2006

I have a G960F Dual-Sim
I have a similar problem: TWRP runs the install with 18.1 Unofficial without error, but when I try to boot to OS, the Device boots to the Downloading Screen...

I am coming from the official Samsung ROM, device is rooted with Magisk and has TWRP. but after installing LineageOS 18.1 via TWRP it restarts into Download mode.

Synt4x.93

What could be the cause? zip checksum verified, no errors there.

Last edited:

jomann

Jan 29, 2021
I have a similar problem: TWRP runs the install with 18.1 Unofficial without error, but when I try to boot to OS, the Device boots to the Downloading Screen...

I am coming from the official Samsung ROM, device is rooted with Magisk and has TWRP. but after installing LineageOS 18.1 via TWRP it restarts into Download mode.

What could be the cause? zip checksum verified, no errors there.
The latest stock rom? It has to have been Android 10. What steps did you take from starting with a functional stock Android 10 rom? Did you maybe get a bit wipe happy with TWRP?

Reactions: Synt4x.93

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
is there any chance to get the stock camera app running on this rom? I´ve tried the "Samsung Camera 11.0.02.56.apk" from apk-mirror but the system reported "app not installed" after the installation. Is there any other apk or zip that can be installed or sideloaded out there?
I installed the ZGCAM yesterday to test it. So it works very well with the ROM. In any case, I can't see any bugs quickly.
sorry for engl ... I use translators)
Device: G960F (starlte)

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
I installed the ZGCAM yesterday to test it. So it works very well with the ROM. In any case, I can't see any bugs quickly.
sorry for engl ... I use translators)
Device: G960F (starlte)
FYI, it seems there are news about GCam for Exynos.
I didn't test it myself yet.

Edit: Doesn't work for me. It seems you have to have GApps installed and fake services aren't enough.

Last edited:

koskos

Aug 24, 2006
The latest stock rom? It has to have been Android 10. What steps did you take from starting with a functional stock Android 10 rom? Did you maybe get a bit wipe happy with TWRP?

Yes, latest stock ROM (rooted with Magisk).

Re: wipe in TWRP, what exactly should I wipe?

In instruction it says
  • WIPE SYSTEM/DATA/CACHE
However, there are 2 types shown in Wipe section in TWRP: dalvik cache and just cache, which one of them should I wipe?

jomann

Jan 29, 2021
Yes, latest stock ROM (rooted with Magisk).

Re: wipe in TWRP, what exactly should I wipe?

In instruction it says
  • WIPE SYSTEM/DATA/CACHE
However, there are 2 types shown in Wipe section in TWRP: dalvik cache and just cache, which one of them should I wipe?
Just wiping DATA should give you mount errors. You should have to format DATA to remove the encryption. I think it is normal to wipe DALVIK CACHE and CACHE when flashing roms so this may be what synt4x.93 means or DALVIK may be irrelevant or handled during flashing. Either way it shouldn't be a problem. Wiping other partitions like VENDOR would be a problem.

My G960F/DS boot looped when I wrongly assumed the stock ROM was android 10. It was not, but after I Odin flashed the latest stock rom, let it boot, and complete setup, the LOS install was successful. A boot loop seems like a kernal issue including being unable to find firmware. If yours goes straight to download mode that seems like the device thinks the OS is completely missing. Are you sure the flash was successful?

The install of Magisk is different for the stock firmware (i.e. rebuild the AP zip and Odin flash) and I wouldn't expect it to survive a SYSTEM wipe. TWRP 3.5.0_9-1 has been unable to flash other roms for me (as reported by others), but it worked fine for LOS. Where it failed it was during the flashing operation so it was very obvious.

Koffietijd

Jun 21, 2018
FYI, it seems there are news about GCam for Exynos.
I didn't test it myself yet.

Edit: Doesn't work for me. It seems you have to have GApps installed and fake services aren't enough.
@geronimoge, You are right!
I was using ZGCam from koopahtmaniac.com and that was working reassonable well. Just now installed this BSG's version: MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV0m_Eng.apk and that is working even better and more fluid. Thank you for pointing that out.
I'm running samsung starlte S9, with Lineageos 18.1 en Nikgapps

Reactions: geronimoge

roizcorp2

Oct 25, 2015
@geronimoge, You are right!
I was using ZGCam from koopahtmaniac.com and that was working reassonable well. Just now installed this BSG's version: MGC_8.1.101_A9_PV0m_Eng.apk and that is working even better and more fluid. Thank you for pointing that out.
I'm running samsung starlte S9, with Lineageos 18.1 en Nikgapps
It looks like it has some problem write the pictures on the disk, did you managed?
the gallery app shows black images instead

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Stock Samsung Oneui 2 - 2.5 (Android 10) Firmware. (Bootloader + Vendor)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    • Lineage Recovery or TWRP
    • Format /system + /data + /cache
    • Flash
    • Reboot

WORKING:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • HDMI
    • Ethernet
    • MTP/ADB
    • Call Recording
    • Encryption
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • Android Auto
    • Glove Mode
    • OTA Updates

BROKEN:
    • Iris Scanner
    • VoLTE

DOWNLOADS:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Version Information
    Stable
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.118
    ROM Firmware Required: Oneui 2 - 2.5

Contributors
    synt4x.93

Source Code: https://github.com/synt4x93/

Created: 16-12-2020
    Last Updated: 21-03-2021
    would you mind specifying exactly what you did to build this? I am using the lineage for microg docker based build and it currently succesfully builds 17.1. I would like to build 18.1 with OTA and sign it myself and provide the OTA like you do.
    There are fragments of info across this thread, it would be great if you or anyone else can put them together.
    Thanks!
    Hi,

Sure I can share what I did.

1. Prepare directories and get Lineage sources (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/starlte/build)

# Create directories
    Bash:
    mkdir -p ~/bin
    mkdir -p ~/android/build
    mkdir -p ~/android/build/src
    mkdir -p ~/android/build/ccache
    mkdir -p ~/android/build/keys
    mkdir -p ~/android/build/logs
    mkdir -p ~/android/build/zips
    mkdir -p ~/android/build/manifests

# Get repo tools
    Bash:
    curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo
    chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

# Create a "~/.profile" file and paste this into:
    Bash:
    “if [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] ; then
        PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"
    fi”

# Prepare git
    Bash:
    cd ~/android/build/src
    git config --global user.email "you@example.com"
    git config --global user.name "Your Name"

# Init repo
    Bash:
    source ~/.profile
    repo init -u https://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b lineage-18.1

# Time to sync (it can take a very long time, so be patient).
    Bash:
    repo sync

2. At this point, I forked all Synt4x.93 related repositories on my Github. But, you don’t really need to do that if you just want to build.

For OTA, the only repo you will need to fork is android_device_samsung_starlte.

Create an other repository named OTA.

4. From your forked android_device_samsung_starlte repository, modify the file lineage_starlte.mk

Change the last line with your GitHub username:
    Code:
    PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES += \
    lineage.updater.uri=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/<Your_username>/OTA/lineage-18.1/starlte.json

5. Then you need to add the roomservice.xml file to add the device and kernel sources.

You can use the resources from Synt4x.93, mine or from Neurotical (He’s maintaining a more recent version of the kernel, you should have a look: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-s9-s9-unofficial-lineageos-18-1-weekly.4302901/ )

Get one of the manifests:
    -Synt4x.93: https://github.com/synt4x93/local_manifests
    -pakaoraki: https://github.com/pakaoraki/local_manifests
    -Neurotical: https://github.com/Geoknyda/local_manifests

Then modify the file roomservice.xml: change "project name" with your GitHub username to match your repository:
    Code:
    <project name="synt4x93/android_device_samsung_starlte" path="device/samsung/starlte" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />

Copy your version of roomservice.xml into ~/android/build/manifests directory.

# Update source again
    Bash:
    repo sync

6. Generate your own keys (https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html)

From the root of your Android tree, run these commands, altering the subject line to reflect your information:
    Bash:
    subject='/C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Android/OU=Android/CN=Android/emailAddress=android@android.com'

cd ~/android/build/src
    for x in releasekey platform shared media networkstack testkey; do \
        ./development/tools/make_key ~/android/build/keys/$x "$subject"; \
    done
    make a copy of the “keys” directory and keep it safe.

7. Install docker and get docker-lineage-cicd image:

You can use lineaos4microg : https://hub.docker.com/r/lineageos4microg/docker-lineage-cicd/Dockerfile
    Bash:
    docker pull lineageos4microg/docker-lineage-cicd

Or

I also re-write my own docker image to add some options. You can try: https://hub.docker.com/r/pakaoraki/docker-lineage-cicd
    Bash:
    docker pull pakaoraki/docker-lineage-cicd

8. Then you are ready to build:

Execute this command (change pakaoraki/docker-lineage-cicd with lineaos4microg/docker-lineage-cicd if needed)

Bash:
    docker run \
    -e "BRANCH_NAME=lineage-18.1" \
    -e "DEVICE_LIST=starlte" \
    -e "INCLUDE_PROPRIETARY=false" \
    -e "SIGN_BUILDS=true" \
    -v "~/android/build/src:/srv/src" \
    -v "~/android/build/zips:/srv/zips" \
    -v "~/android/build/logs:/srv/logs" \
    -v "~/android/build/ccache:/srv/ccache" \
    -v "~/android/build/keys:/srv/keys" \
    -v "~/android/build/manifests:/srv/local_manifests" \
    pakaoraki/docker-lineage-cicd

9. When build is done, create a new release on your OTA repo: choose a tag and upload recovery.img and zips file.

you will need to create a starlte.json that match to your build and release information:
    Code:
    {
       "response": [
          {
             "datetime": 1627204505,
             "filename": "lineage-18.1-20210725-UNOFFICIAL-starlte.zip",
             "id": "39b85208c5c30edfafd983673a703d60",
             "romtype": "UNOFFICIAL",
             "size": 608774193,
             "url": "https://github.com/<username>/OTA/releases/download/<tag>/lineage-18.1-20210725-UNOFFICIAL-starlte.zip",
             "version": "18.1"
          }
       ]
    }

<tag>: the tag you use when creating the release on Github.
    <username>: your username.

Then, upload starlte.json to your OTA repository.

It's possible that I forget something but you get the global idea.

@ElPakoTech

Thanks for your work!
    I will test the build and give you feedback.

Nice , if we have a maintained LOS with current security patches.
    Have you a paypal adress, that i can buy you a beer?

Regards
    dreas
    I will do my own build anyway if there is no official support so I'm happy to share it. No need to tips but thanks :)
    5th July security update ready on this build if you are compiling your own.
    How to check when its available besides going thru the make process and checking
    ~/android/build/core/version_defaults.mk
    once complete for the security update date ?

Also checking the
    //source.android.com/security/bulletin
    for the monthly date and
    https://lineageos.org/blog/
    changelog
    isnt helpful. How to know what patch is ready to build before I go thru the whole process ???

Need to keep the device patched to the latest at all times to be able to use as a daily for work :p
    To check for security update version of Lineage 18.1 before building your own: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_build/blob/lineage-18.1/core/version_defaults.mk#L243

There is a build with July security update and an upstreamed kernel here: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-s9-s9-unofficial-lineageos-18-1-weekly.4302901/

I am upstreaming the kernel daily and building these new builds daily as well.
    Don't mean to be a jerk, simply stating my choices. The person who made this unoffical rom has been online several days this past week and has given us zero communication on future updates.

I'll be heading to arrow os soon.
    In open source nobody owes anything to anyone. People are working in their free time. Which is kind of obvious.