[ROM] [S9/S9+] [UNOFFICIAL] [LineageOS 18.1] [Exynos] [Weekly]

Search This thread

M45s3rD0g3

Jul 9, 2020
Hi, I have todays release update installed. However, I do not see any wireguard settings or menus. Have I missed something?

EddoWagt

Mar 21, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Can anybody tell me why I'm running the February 5th 2020 security update? Running the latest build, have never seen something like this. Other roms were always up to date. Could it be my Gapps?

francoism90

Dec 18, 2016
Anyone else having issues with rising temperature? I was watching some series using VLC and after a couple of hours (I usually fall asleep) my phone was really hot.

Could it be a CPU boosting issue?

---

Seems https://github.com/synt4x93 created some new repo's, maybe they are useful @Neurotical?

Last edited:

Neurotical

Feb 7, 2011
Can anybody tell me why I'm running the February 5th 2020 security update? Running the latest build, have never seen something like this. Other roms were always up to date. Could it be my Gapps?

That is quite an outdated Security update. Can you verify which version of the ROM you are running? To check this, please navigate:

Settings > About Phone > Android Version

Your screen should look like this below:

Screenshot_20210923-091604_Settings.png

murtzsch

May 10, 2014
Hi Neurotical, have you seen the last updated sources from synt4x93 ? I just let you know to be careful if you want to try it, backup everything, I made my own build but it break my encryption when I installed it, I lost all my data.

And from now, it still do not start properly even with a clean cache/data reset. I will reinstall my phone later with my previous version.
HI
I just encountered this issue, my phone wasn't encrypted.
Hopefully I did not lose my data, just had to flash an old build.

EddoWagt

Mar 21, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S9+

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-152241_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210923-152241_Settings.png
    155 KB · Views: 44

Neurotical

Feb 7, 2011
Anyone else having issues with rising temperature? I was watching some series using VLC and after a couple of hours (I usually fall asleep) my phone was really hot.

Could it be a CPU boosting issue?

---

Seems https://github.com/synt4x93 created some new repo's, maybe they are useful @Neurotical?

Hey Francois, ,glad you are enjoying the ROM :)

I will try and watch an HD movie on my S9 to see if I can experience what you are experiencing. For reference though, if you are watching several hours of video playback on VLC on your phone, heating up could be normal for any phone, especially if there is a case over it.

One reputable tool I find quite useful when trying to control for battery life and heat generation is "Root Booster", which can be found in the play store. Give that a try and let us know if it helps you.

Neurotical

Feb 7, 2011
Running the previous build I guess, which is only 2 weeks old
This is quite intriguing!

The Lineage team are the ones who roll the AOSP updates into the ROM every month and then update the flag for the new version. See this link to the LOS 18.1 code.

Perhaps someone on this thread with an S9+ can confirm the security version they are on by checking Settings > About Phone > Android Version? This would be helpful to determine if it's a tweak needed in the star2lte repo or not.

EddoWagt

Mar 21, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S9+

The Lineage team are the ones who roll the AOSP updates into the ROM every month and then update the flag for the new version. See this link to the LOS 18.1 code.

Perhaps someone on this thread with an S9+ can confirm the security version they are on by checking Settings > About Phone > Android Version? This would be helpful to determine if it's a tweak needed in the star2lte repo or not.
It is weird isn't it! I can't quite remember for sure, but I think I was on the January 2020 patch before updating to the latest release, so something is working, but incorrectly

Isovitisgr

Aug 25, 2011
Athens

This is from my s9+ running the latest version you have uploaded
Screenshot_20210923-165502_Settings.png

Reactions: Neurotical
Hi Neurotical,
thank you also from my side for your time and involvent for this ROM.
After several OTA updates I recognized that the build time is every time after a restart/reboot been used and tested with the current release if this changes when I manually set the time via settings. But neither manually changing it nor syncing it via NTP (ru.org.amip.ClockSync) the time is after every reboot on build time. Currently 0:15 UTC+2.
Via # date 16:30 Set it is also on build time after reboot
# date
Fri Sep 17 00:15:35 CEST 2021

Build time Thu Sep 16 18:15:08 EDT 2021

What would be a solution and how can be this debugged more.

Best,
Tobias
Hi @Neurotical
I found some related bug and this was solved.
Might this have to be added for this ROM too?
I am using a SIM card with a PIN and a lock pattern.
TWRP shows the correct time.
Using automatic or manual time does not help.
Best regards,
Tobias

J'aimerais savoir quels gapps vous me recommandez. J'ai un s9 plus exynos pour information. (désolé pour mon anglais j'utilise un traducteur)

Translated by GT: I would like to know which gapps you recommend to me. I have an s9 plus exynos for information. (sorry for my english i use a translator)

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

ROM DOWNLOADS:

ROM INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    • From OEM:
      • Lineage Recovery
      • Format /system + /data + /cache
      • Flash
      • Reboot
      • Root is not included. To root, install Magisk yourself.
    • From existing Unofficial weekly:
      • Use OTA, or
      • Sideload via ADB in recovery

BASEBAND UPDATING:
    1. Install Samsung USB drivers
    2. Install Odin 3.14 (or later)
    3. Download updated baseband firmware from the XDA thread for your model phone.
    4. Unzip and re-pack "modem.bin" into a .tar file such as "modem.tar"
    5. Reboot phone into download mode
    6. Open Odin
    7. Load your modem.tar file into CP in Odin
    8. Start flash
    9. Reboot

MICROG INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    • In the F-Droid store add in the appropriate repo: https://microg.org/fdroid/repo per the official instructions.
    • Do the following, in this order:
      1. Install microG services core (F-Droid or Github)
      2. Install microG services framework proxy (F-Droid or Github)
      3. Install NLP backends Mozilla location (F-Droid) and GSM Location (F-Droid)​
      4. Install Google Play Store (APK mirror) or FakeStore (F-Droid or Github)​
      5. microG settings -> self check -> enable all features​
      6. microG settings -> location modules -> enable Mozilla Location Service​
      7. For background location permission go to your system settings and allow microG services core and your Mozilla NLP to access location all the time.
      8. For full notification support got to microG settings -> enable Google device registration, cloud messaging, and Google safety net.

WORKING FEATURES:

• GPS
    • NFC
    • Wi-Fi
    • Audio
    • HDMI
    • Camera
    • Ethernet
    • Bluetooth
    • MTP/ADB
    • Encryption
    • Glove Mode
    • Android Auto
    • OTA Updates
    • Call Recording
    • Mobile Network
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • Signature Spoofing
    • Wireguard (via kernel)

NOT WORKING FEATURES:

• Iris Scanner
    • VoLTE

CONTRIBUTORS:

SOURCE CODE:

REFERENCES:

REQUIREMENTS:

• Stock Samsung Oneui 2 - 2.5 (Android 10) Firmware. (Bootloader + Vendor)

XDA DevDB Information

• LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Version Information

• ROM Firmware Required: Oneui 2 - 2.5

My work will always be free for everyone to use and I will never hide anything behind a paywall.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing custom ROMs/kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk. You take responsibility upon yourself and are not to blame us or XDA.
    * Your warranty will likely be voided by installing custom ROMs.
    Good day,

I just want to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who has tried this ROM, given feedback, and even helped out along the way! It is with all of your help that I can keep the builds coming and I look forward to doing this for as long as I can for the S9 and the S9+ :) Our community deserves the best and that only happens when we all work together :)

Have a great day, and thank you again to everyone in this community :)
    Good day everyone!

I have returned from a small vacation and time off caring for my newborn baby! He is healthy and well.
    I apologize for the brief hiatus, but I am back to continue providing updated kernels, security patches, and Lineage OS 18.1 for you all!

What's new since the latest version:
    Kernel: 4.9.290 -> 4.9.297
    Security patch: November 5, 2021 -> December 5, 2021 (January 5, 2022 should be out soon)

Now available via OTA or OP, as usual :)

Have a great day!
    Why don't You Maintain The ROM Officially ?.Love This ROM Very Much Hope it Gets Lineage OS 19
    I would love to maintain it officially. In fact I reached out to the Lineage team about doing just that in September last year.

They responded back outlining how there are a lot of procedures to follow, including needing a team to manage the device tree and other repos. There were also some things that me not being a programmer just can't provide like being able to independently bug fix compile errors when changes are made by the LOS team that are incompatible with the S90/S9+. Right now I rely on the community to help with these fixes and I just copy them. It's worked so far because there are, humbly, more knowledgeable people maintaining device trees than I.

That leaves me in a position where I am learning from the experts and this wonderful community in a collaborative effort to keep the LOS 18.1 going for the S9 and S9+ :)
    A couple of questions as I am somewhat new:
    1. Why is this build unofficial resp. what is preventing this build to become official again (as starlte official was discontinued after LOS 17.1)?
    2. How trustworthy is an unofficial build compared to an official build?
    With regards to safety and trustworthiness:
    • Everything is open source so anyone can see what is going into the all the builds. This includes the kernel, Lineage OS, and Samsung device trees. These links are in the OP.
    • I don't make any changes of my own because I am not knowledgeable enough to do that, but I do copy kernel patches from the Linux Long-term Maintenance team run by Linus and Greg for the 4.9y branch; I can at least bug-test and roll them into the weekly ROM builds. Linus & Greg pretty much head up Linux entirely, so the patches they approve are as trustworthy as you can get :D
    • I also got the Wireguard kernel patch into this build, which is pretty awesome, but without the help of the contributors in the OP, I really wouldn't have been able to do it on my own.
    With regards to making it official:
    • I was using the official Lineage OS, but when the support for official status was dropped, I started learning how to build Lineage for unsupported devices. Then I came across Synt4x's repos, which gave me all the resources needed to build Lineage 18.1 for the S9 and S9+. I simply maintain kernel patches that come out weekly by the Linux Long-term Maintenance team (Linus & Greg et al.), work with the community here to maintain the device trees, and then compile the builds as often as needed.
    • After I got the hang of all this, I figured everyone who has an S9 or S9+ should be able to benefit form Lineage OS 18.1 support. These phones have great hardware and I think it a shame not to allow users the option to de-google it or take full control of it so soon after it has been released. Besides, the 4.9y kernel is going to be maintained until 2023. So I upgraded from a 3600 to a 5900x and 16gb RAM to 32gb RAM to speed up the builds (each build is only about 8 minutes now) and support the community!
    • I would like to see an official build, but I can't maintain it all by myself. I am not a programmer, and most of the code I look at is jibberish to me; I just trust the Linux team and Lineage OS team. So we need the community here to help me with build errors when the Lineage team makes changes to their OS; I'm not knowledgeable enough yet to tackle those problems on my own. But I am learning, and have successfully tackled two compile errors so far with the help of the community, and I've learned from them :D
    What you will get with this build, even though it is unofficial is:
    • Kernel updates straight from the Linux Long-term Maintenance team; this is very official and safe;
    • AOSP security patches straight from the Lineage group; this is very official and safe;
    • Lineage OS updates as they roll out; this is very official and safe;
    I literally can't do anything else because of my limited skillset.