• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][S905W] atvXperience - The Ultimate AndroidTV experience!

Did you enjoy atvXperience OS?

• HELL YEAH!!

Votes: 103 72.5%
  • Can't say...

Votes: 39 27.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

peteresasi

May 24, 2020
T96 mars - no funciona wifi atvxperience

Hola, disculpen mi ignorancia pero cuando instale esta rom me anda todo de 10 menos el wifi y el ethernet! alguno tiene alguna solución o alguna rom que le haya funcionado todo con el t96 mars

nick2013

Mar 11, 2015
OnePlus 7
In this rom my wifi is getting off from time to time and i am unable to connect for a long time. Until i restart the box and sometimes even that doesnt help. I have to restart my router to connect.
Wifi shows disabled after getting disconnected can anybody help?

enter21st

Dec 12, 2011

Click this link to watch installation guide of ATV 9 for S905w Amlogic devices. I used X96 Mini in this video.

rio16suarez

Feb 19, 2018
the atvxperience website is down, the amlogic card burner tool is constantly closing

the atvxperience website is down, the amlogic card burner tool is constantly closing whenever i try to burn the .img on my sd card. i tried the twrp method but cannot find any working .zip file. please help me out.

minoltista

Mar 30, 2014
Hi, I installed successfully but on first boot I cannot choose anything in the configuration. I have to choose language, scroll the mouse uo to my preferred language but I cannot select. Tried right mouse button, left mouse button, scroll button.... Nothing.
Any help?
Thank you
M

hwweiler

Sep 2, 2016
I can't get around Uboot/Get results/DiskInitial error, with SD-card installation it hangs very early after going through one time.

Only stock TX3Mini-20181210.img works.

I've tried: atvXperience_s905w_v2F.rar, s905w_atvXperience_v2FF per USB Burning Tool and SD Card,

Last edited:

Rajib Askory

Jan 19, 2015
I can't speak for the rest of them experiencing issues but my x96 mini was a "Wish" special. Has to be a clone/knockoff box. I've managed to flash 1 ROM. It works, even the wifi. But it's bloated. It's ugly and its sluggish (my box was advertised as the 2gb model but they shipped me a cheap/weak 1gb model)
I'd pay for a working atvx for this clone. But I assume without the actual stock firmware that shipped with them... we're not going to get a proper atvx.

I have bricked my x96 mini flashing atvxperience s905x. But before that I tried to flash stock 7.1 and stock 9 but failed. Then I opened it and found but it has s905x instead of s905w. Now I found the way to short the pin and detected the pc but fails at 2% rom code initialzation error or usb control error. On the back of the motherboard its written: X96 _LP3_V2.0_00418. Please help me.

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Hi,
Have you find any solution to the ''[0x10103005]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Download buffer/Read item data failed'' problem? I am really stuck with no tv in this quarantine times. Need help for my x96 mini s905w bricked after trying the atxexperience 2FF.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Have you find a solution? :crying:

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Find and solution?

I have bricked my x96 mini flashing atvxperience s905x. But before that I tried to flash stock 7.1 and stock 9 but failed. Then I opened it and found but it has s905x instead of s905w. Now I found the way to short the pin and detected the pc but fails at 2% rom code initialzation error or usb control error. On the back of the motherboard its written: X96 _LP3_V2.0_00418. Please help me.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Hello

I just bricked (permanent red light after an apparently successful flashing (IMG method) ) my brand new x96 Mini (2G + 16G and Android 7.1.2) while trying to flash it (via sdcard) with AtvExprerience ..
First brick in 10 years of flashing various phone, router ect It was bound to happen some day :D :D
I will try to unbrick it thanks to the different way possible.
I have a question: does that mean my X96 is irrevocably incompatible with ATV experience Rom or is there any other explanation or workaround?

Thanks

I have bricked my x96 mini flashing atvxperience s905x. But before that I tried to flash stock 7.1 and stock 9 but failed. Then I opened it and found but it has s905x instead of s905w. Now I found the way to short the pin and detected the pc but fails at 2% rom code initialzation error or usb control error. On the back of the motherboard its written: X96 _LP3_V2.0_00418. Please help me if you found any solution.

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

Yeah just use the stock, it's the best option for now.
I don't have that box and honestly I have no plans for buying one either. atvXperience runs great on X96 Mini, which I barely use and it's just sitting in the corner.
I like my S905X better which is just amazing in every single way. I wouldn't lie or brag but the atvXperience firmware I use on my A95X Pro (S905X) is possibly the best AndroidTV firmware in the market. It's fast, it's too user-friendly and best thing is I can play AndroidTV games which would have not been possible on the normal ROM + The UI is fantastic. I haven't released the build yet because of a few personal reasons but I will release the build specifically for A95X Pro and will later try to just port the functionality back in S905W and S912 (If I'm bored with the Pie project).

Sorry for all the trouble you had to go through but there are a lot of things in life I can't handle and this project is not dead ofc but it's paused currently as we're working on Android Pie for S905W, S912 and S905X.

Hello,

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

download link for firnware stock x96 mini (s905w) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KOm-XJm1zg7Qua3aWhZ0TmzRdPhjwP-X/view
download open ubt load that file and click start and wait ,if fail disconnect device pres stop and remove tick erase bootloader and pres start if flashed succes you need to run again but now load file than dont remove erase bootloader ,for me that work ok .
you can sea the photo

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

Can't give an ETA, sorry. But I've been able to get a working build. The problem is, the kernel sources aren't working for some reason. We need those sources to build an image with wider compatibility.
Currently, the build works fine in my X96 Mini.
And yeah, Amlogic dropped support for S905W and S912, but we're somehow keeping them alive by making code changes to the sdk.

Hello

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

Hi, can you help me? I've a box x96 mini 4/32 and I would like to try your rom...sfortunately with usb burning tool it don't works and stopped at 4% [0x10303004]Romcode/Switch status/Identify/Error result
Now the box don't start, I've tried many roms but nothing to do it always stop the upgrade....
The chipset is S905W

Hello,
Did you find any solution? I have bricked my x96 mini flashing atvxperience s905x. But before that I tried to flash stock 7.1 and stock 9 but failed. Then I opened it and found but it has s905x instead of s905w. Now I found the way to short the pin and detected the pc but fails at 2% rom code initialzation error or usb control error. On the back of the motherboard its written: X96 _LP3_V2.0_00418. Please help me.

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

OMG, I have the same problem ( x96 Mini, maybe Fake CHIP), and haven't got the solution
Flash with a USB burning tool has not solved the problem,
firmware that I have tried
1. atvXperience_S905W_V2FF
2. atvXperience_S905W_V2H_FINAL
3. X96 MINI (original version)
4. NonchersV2.9
but still having an error "[0x10103005]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Download buffer/Read item data failed"
maybe someone can share when they have found a solution
Ty
Did you find any solution?
I have bricked my x96 mini flashing atvxperience s905x a few days ago. But before that I tried to flash stock 7.1 and stock 9 but failed. Then I opened it and found but it has s905x instead of s905w. Now I found the way to short the pin and detected the pc but fails at 2% rom code initialzation error or usb control error. On the back of the motherboard its written: X96 _LP3_V2.0_00418. Please help me.

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Hi,

Wonderful forum. I was so happy to discover it & thought "Yes! Here is my solution!!!"

But few days after, I'm always getting this USB burning tool error at 2% : [0x10105004]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/Error result
I'm still stuck with a bricked x96 mini:
- Nothing on screen
- Red led is always On.
- Reset button does nothing.

uboot corrupted ? Welcome USB burning tool.

But I tried:
- at least 10 different ROM, inc. those from https://forum.xda-developers.com/an.../amlogic-s905w-x96-mini-tanix-3-mini-t3718658
- USB burning tool v2.1.6 & several old versions, launched in Admin mode
- Unsintal / reboot Win10 / re-instal.
- Try with another Win7 PC
- World Cup Device driver re-install
- Several USB ports
- 2 different mala-male USB cable
- SDcard update
etc...

Like LoRd4LoL .... & many others, it guess that my X96 mini 2+16+6051 QX6 is a fake :((((

By chance, USB Burning Tool is able to detect my PCB every time with pin to GND. I still have a last chance :)

" I've managed to flash 1 ROM. It works, even the wifi."
JG420, reading this, it sounds that you were lucky to identify a suitable ROM for "fake" X96 mini !? Could you share a link please?

Regards to all,

KissInno

I have bricked my x96 mini flashing atvxperience s905x which I bought it 7days ago. But before that I tried to flash stock 7.1 and stock 9 but failed. Then I opened it and found it has s905x instead of s905w. Now I found the way to short the pin and detected the pc but fails at 2% rom code initialzation error or usb control error. On the back of the motherboard its written: X96 _LP3_V2.0_00418. I think they used the modified uboot for this device and as I bought it from local store so there is no way to contact the original seller of this device. Please help me

zisu320

Jan 2, 2015
Need clock fix for tx3 mini

Hi, anyone can helpme to find this file? i had it on my computer but i deleted time ago, and i don`t find it in aTVX website.

Thanks.

Sales?

I went to download your rom and was prompted with an "enter your donation code"
So we have to donate first before we can try this rom out.
Please make other members aware they need to make a donation first before they can download your rom.

Ps it looks great, and if it was possible for me to try it out first on my box i would have made a donation like i have done many times before

Cheers

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

[email protected]

Sep 9, 2020
help

I like the atvx v2FF very much and my box is fine with this ROM only I can't turn on the box with the original remote control
all buttons work, only on it doesn't work

is there any way to turn on the box from a distance?
thank you

i tried the atvx v4 and this problem did not exist

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
I had the same problem, I had to search hard and high to find a GOOD working link, a few days ago when ATVXPERIENCE was public, and not private, you were able to download 4.2.1, you may now get releases if you wish to donate. I suggest using 4.2.1 since 4.3 is paywalled at the moment.

I have done the leisure of providing the link since the developer does NOT seem to be very active here, moderation and staff please let me know if there is an issue so that I may rectify it post-haste. I have uploaded it on my AFH dev account.

ATVXPERIENCE v 4.2.1 for S905W (Tested as my own personal daily driver on x96 Mini S905W 1GB RAM + 8GB ROM) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682948207

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Announcement: Head over to forum.atvxperience.com, I provide 24/7 quick Support.
    Stop yourselves from getting scammed! BUY FROM GENUINE WEBSITES, atvXperience is made specially for these boxes:

http://bit.do/tx3minioriginal
    http://bit.do/x96minioriginal
    webbanner.png

• Android OS version: 7.1.2
    • For devices: S905W
    • Recovery: TWRP
    • Made By: N'ayam Amarsh'e

Attention:
    I don't force you to use my ROM. It's stable and can be used as daily driver.
    If you don't like something, please ask me on how to remove/add it.
    I am doing my best to provide you the best ATV Experience.

Based on AndroidTV OS & AOSP. Has all the features of an Android TV + Extras.

https://www.atvxperience.com/donation/
    Donate

team.png

ROM DEVELOPMENT, UX, UI : Me, Carmine Rovito(@Carmine), Vadim Mussin
    WEBSITE, BRANDING, UX, UI: Taylor Stephen Hadden(@stephenh)

HOW TO FLASH IMG VERSION:

VIDEO TUTORIAL:

TEXT TUTORIAL:

1. Download ROM, the file must be a .rar, extract it with WinRAR, 7Zip or any other archive extractor. Now you'll get an IMG. Just rename the IMG to atvx so it now becomes atvx.img.

2. Download Amlogic Burn card maker http://www81.zippyshare.com/v/ZoilYyaS/file.html

3. Get an EMPTY SD Card

4. INSERT THE MEMORY CARD INTO YOUR COMPUTER WITH A USB CARD READER.

4. OPEN THE TOOL AND SELECT THE IMG ROM FILE. NOW SELECT THE SD CARD DRIVE.

5. SELECT *FORMAT* OPTION, DESELECT ERASE BOOTLOADER. NOW, LEAVE OTHER SETTINGS AS IS.

NOW CLICK ON (MAKE)

6. IT WILL TELL YOU TO FORMAT MEMORY CARD. FORMAT MEMORY CARD WITH FAT FILESYSTEM AND USE QUICK FORMAT.

7. IT WILL NOW FLASH THE ROM IN MEMORY CARD.

8. INSERT MEMORY CARD IN BOX.

9. USE A MATCHSTICK AND PUT IT IN THE AV PORT HOLE OF THE ROM.

10. NOW PUSH THE MATCHSTICK INSIDE THE HOLE TO PRESS THE BUTTON. KEEP IT PRESSED AND TURN ON THE POWER.

11. WAIT FOR 5 MINUTES TO FLASH.

12. ALL DATA WILL BE WIPED.

13. ENJOY!

HOW TO FLASH ZIP VERSION:

1. DOWNLOAD THIS http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/85eCS93k/file.html and put it into sdcard.

2. Download the rom and put it into sdcard.

3. Open Update&Backup App, Click on select and select TWRP311.zip, now hit UPDATE.

4. Now you'll be in TWRP. If you aren't, select Update from EXT and select sdcard, now again select TWRP311.zip

5. Now once in TWRP, Swipe if you get a warning.

6. [OPTIONAL] Go to Backup and select SYSTEM, DATA, LOGO, BOOT, RECOVERY and swipe to backup. Now go back to home.

7. Go to Wipe - Advance Wipe - Select Data, system, Dalvik cache and cache and Swipe to wipe.

8. Go back and select install. Now Click on select storage and select External sd card, ATVXperience zip file. Now, swipe to flash.

9. Once rom is flashed, select Reboot system.

10. Enjoy!

v0wip - DOWNLOAD

v1B - DOWNLOAD

v2A - ATVXperience v2A - Here comes the BEAST
    • New Look
    • Smooth & Responsive UI
    • Google Sign In Working
    • Pre-installed with cool Media Apps
    • STABLE AF!!
    DOWNLOAD NOW!

v2B - Changelog:
    • Stability Patches
    • Speed improvements
    • New Boot Logo
    • New Boot Screen
    • Faster Operations
    • Base Changed
    • Added new Wallpaper
    • init.d Support added
    • Magisk preinstalled(ONLY IN ZIP VERSION)
    • Netflix ULTRA HD Preinstalled
    • Greenify Preinstalled
    • ATVXperience OTA App added
    • AFR Level 1 Available
    • Google Apps updated
    • build.prop tweaks for Speed
    • Less RAM Usage
    • AptoideTV Store Preinstalled
    • New Cursor Look
    • Recommendations can be turned off now
    • Pixelated Background in Setup Fixed
    • OpenDNS Preinstalled
    • YouTube 1080P
    • and other under-the-hood improvements
    DOWNLOAD
    v2F - Final Version(No Bugs, No issues, This is our GOAL!)

• Based on latest AndroidTV OS, made to be compatible with majority of s905W Devices.
    • Google Play Works
    • All Google Apps Work!
    • Pre-installed with great media apps!
    • Recommendations work great! To turn off go to Settings - Home
    • Chromecast Works
    • Comes with AndroidTV OS.
    • Latest Security Patches from Google and MANY MORE!!
    • COMPATIBLE WITH ALL S905W DEVICES!!

Please consider donating if you appreciate our hardwork.https://www.atvxperience.com/donation/
    Donate :)

Known Bugs:
    v0wip - Setup doesn't work. FCs.
    v1B - Google Sign In not working. Google Device Uncertified. *FIXED - SEE POST #70
    v2A - None

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP, AndroidTV

Version Information

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][S905W] atvXperience – The Ultimate AndroidTV experience! X96 Mini & TX3 Mini, ROM for the Android Stick & Console Computers

Contributors
    N'ayam Amarsh'e
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: A compatible Processor Type
    Based On: atvXperience Project

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v2E
    Stable Release Date: 2018-09-09

Created 2018-09-05
    Last Updated 2019-04-23
    Screens:smartmockups_jfwxbpjp.jpegsmartmockups_jfwxdguy.jpegsmartmockups_jfwxex86.jpegsmartmockups_jfwxg4tl.jpegsmartmockups_jfwxhc21.jpegsmartmockups_jfwxi74z.jpegsmartmockups_jfwxjthz.jpeg

Sent from my F3116 using Tapatalk
    ATVXperience v2A - Here comes the BEAST

• New Look
    • Smooth & Responsive UI
    • Google Sign In Working
    • Pre-installed with cool Media Apps
    • STABLE AF!!

DOWNLOAD NOW!
    In a few hours maybe, I am doing the final testing.
    When it will be released for S905W devices?

Oreo development for S905W has been started.
    A build will be posted soon.
    A work in progress build has already been posted on the forum for S905X.