[ROM] Aidan's ROM [v7.5] [Netflix TV] [Prime Video TV] [S905X] [ATV 7.1.2] (Lag & Bloat Free, Pre Rooted, Samba & Miracast) 2021 Update!

Search This thread

DaVinci21

Feb 11, 2020
A relative recently gave me his old Buzz TV XPL 3000 to play around with since I never got into these boxes before. So I did some fiddling around and I realized why he stopped using it years ago. There is a problem with Android 7.1.2 crashing and freezing. Lots of complaints posted because of it. I've experienced too. It works ok with Tivitmate and I recently loaded an apk upgrade for Buzz TV 2 which wasn't upgraded through the upgrade portal. I have a new Buzz TV for my main TV so it's just to play around with.

I had rooted my Samsung phone for many years using the ROM and tools on this forum so I searched to see if there was a ROM created for this IPTV box. Unfortunately, a lot of the links are broken and I am not even sure where are the files for this box. Is it even worth it to upgrade this device now? I'm sure it can't be any worse than the original stock.

Thanks in advance.

mAtvXk

Jan 31, 2022
Motorola Defy
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

DaVinci21

Feb 11, 2020
👇
Thx. One question I have which is important to me; which file to install? The link to Aidan's website lists 8 chipsets, all saying they support various devices. I haven't seen any list (like with my Samsund smartphone) which lists what device(s) (based on chipset) each rom is for. Do I need to open the Buzz XPL 3000 to check the chipset or is one rom for all chipsets of this model?

DaVinci21

Feb 11, 2020
The most accurate way to determine hardware in your android box, or using Device Info HW app.
IMG_20240219_165603.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240219_165619.jpg
    IMG_20240219_165619.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10

mAtvXk

Jan 31, 2022
Motorola Defy
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

DaVinci21

Feb 11, 2020
Not true, your box is supported (S905X chipset)...

Describe your flashing procedure in detail !?
I am using V.2.2.0. I have a male-to-male cable. I've pressed the reset button on the bottom just before plugging in the power. But, then I realize that the device has to be connected to a tv to navigate through the start up menu. The options are just to do a hard reset, wipe out the cache partition or install updates through EXT or Data.

If I plug in the usb cable the device boots up using the power of the PC.

USB Burning Tool does not connect to the device. Actually, the account at the telegram channel realized he was wrong and provided a few options. The one I think may have to be done is the MASK MODE. Which I wouldn't even know which chip to touch on the board to get it to be recognized and connected.

mAtvXk

Jan 31, 2022
Motorola Defy
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
..then I realize that the device has to be connected...
Nothing should be connected to the device, hold the reset button pressed and attach usb cable while burning tool (preferable v2.1.7.3), make multiple attempts and reset computer in between tries.

Which OS are you running, try on different computer !? Have you any other android tv box to test ?

...which chip to touch on the board to get it to be recognized and connected.
Post hires photos of both sides of the board.

Last edited:

DaVinci21

Feb 11, 2020
Nothing should be connected to the device, hold the reset button pressed and attach usb cable while burning tool (preferable v2.1.3.7), make multiple attempts and reset computer in between tries.

Which OS are you running, try on different computer !? Have you any other android tv box to test ?

One thing to clarify, there is no v2.1.3.7. There is v2.1.3 or v2.1.7.3

DaVinci21

Feb 11, 2020
Using Windows 10 laptop. Yes I tried on a Windows 10 mini laptop/tablet.

The only other old box I have is a MI BOX4 (Android TV). I have new Buzz XR4500. This is owned by someone else and It's always in use.

DaVinci21

Feb 11, 2020
Nothing should be connected to the device, hold the reset button pressed and attach usb cable while burning tool (preferable v2.1.7.3), make multiple attempts and reset computer in between tries.

Ok. success. I connected it again to my Mini HP laptop and it is connected. I used v2.2.0 on that pc.

I was told that this is the rom with the remote patch. https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=333093

DaVinci21

Feb 11, 2020
It contains remote files for MyGica boxes, maybe they apply to the Buzz XPL 3000 box also. 🤷‍♀️

Before any flashing attetempts backup system/etc/remote.conf file from stock firmware.
well, I didn't back up the system because there was no way to back up this device. It's not like the newer boxes that have that option.

The flash went ok. The system loaded and the remote patch seems to be in the rom. But, it's not fully functional. The most important button missing is the back button.

DaVinci21

Feb 11, 2020
After doing a little more research, I realize what you meant by backing up the remote.conf file. For those that may come here in the future, the file is not accessible without super user access. Then you can access the system/etc folder. Good thing that the config file can be added to the image and then burned to the device since you can't navigate at the initial setup stage without a working remote.

After testing Aidan's ROM, I find that he did a great job and reviving this and many other devices.

Reactions: mAtvXk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After doing a little more research, I realize what you meant by backing up the remote.conf file. For those that may come here in the future, the file is not accessible without super user access. Then you can access the system/etc folder. Good thing that the config file can be added to the image and then burned to the device since you can't navigate at the initial setup stage without a working remote.

After testing Aidan's ROM, I find that he did a great job and reviving this and many other devices.
    https___i.ibb_.co_ctzdkmk_screenshot-20200526-040433.png

Aidan's Custom Android TV 7.1.2 ROM
    UPDATED: 10/02/2021

Netflix For Android TV!
    screenshot_20210207-224128-png.5213437

This is version 7.5 of my Rom, i use this as a daily driver and it is stable, it is CLEAN & NO BLOAT (any included apps are removable), this replaces my previous version (v6, v7 & v7.1 ect...)

UPDATE: Aidan's Android TV 9 Pie Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Port To S905X Now Also Available!
    XDA Post Clock Here

NEW Website! Check it out & Downloads
    https://aidansrom.wordpress.com/

Improvements Made [V6]
    ●NOT pre-rooted (Flash Magisk via TWRP for root)
    ●User Interface renders at full 1080p
    ●Fixed bug where remote power button would turn box off/standby but not wake it up again
    ●Added Miracast (scren mirroring) [BROKEN] FIXED IN V7
    ●Removed Chromecast and other bloat (wont work in uncertified devices and would fill storage in 24 hours)
    ●New bootlogo and boot animation (No longer will boot animation appear frozen during 1st boot)
    ●Added New App Drawer (And modified APK) THIS WILL SHOW NON TV APPS
    ●Misc tweaks & adjustments

Improvements [V7]
    ●Added More Wi-Fi Drivers
    ●WIFI & LAN SPEED fixed (Was maxing about 6Mbps, now sucsesfully got 40Mbps)
    ●DPI Changed to 320 (Android TV Stock DPI)
    ●More tweaks
    ●Now comes with Filelinked Pre-installed (You can uninstall if you dont need)

Improvements [V7.1]
    ●TWRP replaced as was rendered at 720p in the top left on corner some devices
    ●More WiFi & Bluetooth improvements
    ●Updated boot animation android tv 11 (Thanks khurramrizvi for extracting)
    ●Added more keylayout files (USB)
    ●More visual tweaks
    ●More Performance tweaks

Improvements [V7.2] (19/09/2020)
    ●Fixed Disney+ No sound issue fixed (Thanks to DiogoSilva48)
    ●More visual tweaks
    ●More Performance tweaks

Improvements [V7.3] (06/10/2020)
    ●PRE ROOTED! (Root switch does not work, Always ON)
    ●Disney+ now has working sound (v7.2 but worth mentioning again)
    ●All preinstalled apps can be Un installed (exept system apps)
    ●Samba Windows File Server [NAS] (Usb HDD, SD, Internal)
    ●Google Documents UI added (fixes bugs in some apps opening files)
    ●Stock Downloads File Explorer Added (Related to documentsUI)
    ●Google Assistant Text Search Navigation Bug
    ●Phone Settings crash fixed
    ●Wi-Fi Tethering now works (Ethernet to Wi-Fi)
    ●Changed Mouse cursor
    ●Certificate installer fixed
    ●GlobalKeyInterceptor added
    ●OneTimeInitaliser added
    ●GooglePartnerSetup added
    ●Updated Backdrop (no longer claims chromecast built in)
    ●Alternative Screensaver Included (Can uninstall)
    ●Reboot to recovery option in all apps section
    ●More visual tweaks
    ●More Performance tweaks

Improvements [V7.4] (06/10/2020)
    ●Added missing Files for WiFi Chip AW-NH665 (Thanks Erick)
    ●Special Build for devices that fail to flash Universal ONLY (MXQ Special Build) (Testing Need Feedback)

Improvements [V7.5] (10/02/2021)
    ● Added Netflix Android TV Version

Im very happy with how this turned out, please install and let me know if it works for you what device you installed on & if you have any suggestion

Facebook Page
    https://bit.ly/facebookaidansrom

Tested on
    ●MXQ Pro 4K (1GB RAM)
    ●Trongle X1 (2GB RAM)
    ●NPET A95X( 2Gb RAM)
    ●rasse-001 (unknown Ram/rom)
    ●Leelbox q2 (unknown RAM/ROM)
    ●X96 (1GB Ram 8GB Rom)
    ●Beelink MXIII-II (Unknown RAM/ROM)
    ●T95X
    ●Nexbox A95X [SPECIAL BUILD FOR REMOTE AVIAILIBLE]
    ●Sammix R95
    ●M9C PRO
    ●X96 Max
    ●Buzz TV XPL 3000 (Needs my Buzz TV 3000 Remote. patch)
    ●Trongle S3 (Report that needs super su to root)
    ●T95N
    ●TX3 PRO
    ●KM5 OTT 1GB/8GB (No reset button 1 user reported using "Reboot Update" worked)
    ●Alfawise A12 Plus Projector (AW-NH665 WiFi fixed in v7.4, Also Needs my Remote patch)
    ●T6 S905X 1/8GB
    ●KM5 (This Version only Worked With Alternative Special Build AKA: MXQ Special Build) [No Reset Button, Connect the box to PC with USB & Connect AC Power WHILE also pressing the Power Button, the device should then connect to the software and Flash]
    ●Many More...

Known Issues
    Wifi chip HS2734A
    ZTE B860H (2 reports didn't work)
    MXQ boxes have hundreds of clones, should work on 90% of boxes if no Roms work at all for you I have some last resot ROMs at bottom of this post

V7 Download From Google Drive (Fast Download)
    Replaced with v7.1

V7.1 Download From Google Drive (Fast Download)
    Replaced with v7.2

V7.2Download From Google Drive (Fast Download)
    Replaced with v7.3

V7.3 Download From Google Drive (Fast Download) (06/Oct/2020)
    Replaced with v7.4

[V7.4] Universal Download (Fast Download) (24/Oct/2020)

Special Builds (Fast Download) (06/Oct/2020)

[v7.4] Nexbox A95X Remote WITH POWER ON BUX FIX (07/07/2020) (Updated 24/Oct/2020)
    This Version Has Nexbox_Remote.zip pre installed in case can't access recovery to flash the patch (Added 22/06/2020)
    ^ Thanks to klo33 (freaktab) for testing these changes

[v7.4]Alternative Special Build [ONLY Use IF Universal Fails!] (07/07/2020) (Updated 24/Oct/2020)
    This Version has additional DTB files (Alternative P212 + p214 & p242)
    Drawback is the UI is rendered at 720p with 210 DPI, The UI wont look as Sharp as universal 1080p with 320 DPI
    FEEDBACK NEEDED!!

MY Patches (Flash with TWRP)
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DwgIHPeV4RB5eMeAG_Pf8H0oMMPJBWq5?usp=sharing

●Mygica atv 495x REMOTE (Thanks to nicko450 for supplying the remote.conf file)
    ●Buzz TV XPL 3000 Remote patch (You need to use ADB or terminal to enter recovery on these Devices)
    ●Xview R7 Remote Patch
    ●Mini M8S II Remote Patch (Thanks to Kishore12 for finding and fixing a .conf file)
    ●Sunvell T95k Pro Remote Patch
    ●Alfawise A12 Plus Projector Remote Patch

Patches (Flash with TWRP) [BY MINIXFREAK]
    Nextbox, sunvell, Mecool, Zoomtak Remote Patches
    a95X, l8, Magicsee, T95U, T95Z, Tanix, x92, Zoomtak, Youndoo Clock Patches
    QC9377 & 4.1 Bluetooth patches
    https://mega.nz/folder/5o5B0SII#p-W0crI8UbegQNA80vKSzQ/folder/x9YXRIxD

Install using amlogic burn tool
    DOWNLOAD AND HOW TO:
    https://bit.ly/aidanscustrom

Donate & Support Me & Buy me an IRN-BRU
    Paypal: http://paypal.me/aidanmacgregor92
    Bitcoin: 1GhSiPf2ZURa9HiVMVh5KXmmB8nXr6nCVZ

FAQ (WIP)

Q. Netflix wont work from play store
    A The TV Version of Netflix needs Widevine Level 1 DRM, This cannot be added to your device with a firmware, FIXED IN LATEST VERSION PATCHED NETFLIX PREINSTALLED

Q. Amazon Prime Wont Work

A. Like Netflix Install the mobile app, the TV version needs Widevine Level 1

Q. Disney+ No Sound
    A. Fixed in v7.2

Q. Root Switch Wont Work
    A. Unfortunately v7.3 is always rooted and the switch doesn't work (I may offer unrooted versions if there is demand)

Screenshots On The Website
    https://aidansrom.wordpress.com/

NONE OF MY ROMS AND NO OTHER ROMS WORK?
    If you have one of these devices that really struggle taking any custom ROM, sometimes these are MXQ devices (there are so many clones of these devices) and they may have a locked bootloader or it needs a DTB that isn't common or known, there are some ROMs that have saved some people before, these are only if no other custom ROMs will work for you and are a last resort :)

See this post:
    Hi, Why should one pick this 7.5 version over the 8.0 one? Thank you
    This one did it because 8 does not support remote control and does not support the same set of keys in BT keyboard. Only 7.5 can be operable, but true, the both works and 8 has mutch better GUI.
    Ok here is TWRP backup of v7.1, Can you test this and let me know it works properly please? this can be installed over the top of v7 using TWRP. Simply place the "TWRP" folder onto a USB Drive (See Readme Instructions.txt)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jgj9Cd8oFkMKwZ4nM05cUWeovrDe-uBe/view?usp=sharing

Installed and working fine. Thank you !
    Glad you used the Boot Animation, hoping more devs would include it in their builds ?