• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [S905X] Android TV Custom Rom 7.1.2 (Most S905X based devices)

Search This thread

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
THIS HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH V7.4 (27/10/2020) FIND HERE
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...m-aidans-android-tv-custom-rom-7-1-2-t4104869

THIS HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH V7 (26/05/2020)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...m-aidans-android-tv-custom-rom-7-1-2-t4104869

This is my version 6 Rom (Second shared), i use this as a daily driver and it is stable

Improvements Made

No longer based on atvXperience
User Interface renders at full 1080p
Fixed bug where remote power button would turn box off/standby but not wake it up again
Added Miracast (scren mirroring)
Removed Chromecast and other bloat (wont work in uncertified devices and would fill storage in 24 hours)
New bootlogo and boot animation (No longer will bootanimation appear frozen during 1st boot)
Bluetooth disabled Version (now optional there is a bluetooth enabled version too)
Misc tweaks & adjustments

Im very happy with how this turned out, please install and let me know if it works for you have any suggestion

Bug: Issue with root, if anyone knows about pre rooted images advice would be good
:)
Bug: Miracast no longer works for me(will probably remove)

Tested on
MXQ Pro 4K (1/8GB P212)
rasse-001 (unknown Ram/rom)
Install using amlogic burn tool

Download NEW V7.4 From [October 2020] (XDA LINK)

Screenshot-20190320-001313.png

Screenshot-20190320-001323.png

Screenshot-20190320-001331.png

Screenshot-20190320-001344.png

Screenshot-20200511-160843.png

What it looks like with apps installed:
Screenshot-20200511-174519.png

Last edited:

Aliux

Feb 11, 2019
This is my version 6 Rom (Second shared), i use this as a daily driver and it is stable

Improvements Made

Fixed bug where remote power button would turn box off/standby but not wake it up again
Removed Chromecast and other bloat (wont work in uncertified devices and would fill storage in 24 hours)
New bootlogo and boot animation (No longer will bootanimation appear frozen during 1st boot)
Bluetooth disabled (I can re add bluetooth functonality if someone needs it)

Im very happy with how this turned out, please install and let me know if it works for you have any suggestions

Download From Google Drive (Fast)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kM-yE3sHxSAntWvpSjxeeP3nbqIa536V

Installed today and really impressed, no lags nice interface. Just can't find how to edit home screen.

KaShey31

May 12, 2020
Hello. I really liked your custom firmware. Everything works well. There is no bluetooth in the settings, you can install it or give firmware with working bluetooth. Loved but lacks bluetooth.:good:

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
Hello. I really liked your custom firmware. Everything works well. There is no bluetooth in the settings, you can install it or give firmware with working bluetooth. Loved but lacks bluetooth.:good:

Yes i can look at adding bluetooth, a few hours maybe
my box has no bluetooth so i cant test that functionality specifically so you would need to test it and let me know
also what box did you install on?

Bluetooth Version Now Added!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: KaShey31

ariey

Aug 25, 2008
Bogor - Indonesia
www.geohas.co.id
Great custom Rom, I tried flash to HG680-P which using Armlogic S950x, 2GB/8GB, unfortunately I got error on 7% with error message "[0x32030201]Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error

Any advice regarding case above?

Ps: After that error, I tried flash HG680-P stock rom, and success, i mean i think there is no related with software version of flashing tool or usb to usb cable.

Any feedback will really appreciated

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
Great custom Rom, I tried flash to HG680-P which using Armlogic S950x, 2GB/8GB, unfortunately I got error on 7% with error message "[0x32030201]Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error

Any advice regarding case above?

Ps: After that error, I tried flash HG680-P stock rom, and success, i mean i think there is no related with software version of flashing tool or usb to usb cable.

Any feedback will really appreciated

hi :) Try this version of USB Burning Tool its the one ive been using for 6 months
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oS0WAjJ-u9IaKb4GSd8zqHL4VbCHjhiW

Also when connecting the box to flash click START before you connect the box

but sounds like it dont like the uboot if you have a working ROM it may be possible to take thew uboot out of it and insert it this ROM

Last edited:

Slash2010

May 15, 2020
Hi,

I am very new to this, but this looks great. I was wondering whether you could tell me if this would also work for a S905 chipset device? I have a Trongle S2 on 5.1.1 so would like to upgrade, but cannot find any official firmware for it. Thanks!

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu

meric57

Oct 2, 2017
Hettange Grand
Hello, it works on MXQ S905X 64 Bits first generation WIFI ok.Just that disney + no sound I'm looking if there is not a way to modify in buid.prop so that the sound works, the sound works on youtube and others without disney +.
THANK

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
Hello, it works on MXQ S905X 64 Bits first generation WIFI ok.Just that disney + no sound I'm looking if there is not a way to modify in buid.prop so that the sound works, the sound works on youtube and others without disney +.
THANK

Hi, i dont think it has anything to do with the build prop, more lightly either its a drm issue or it could be a codec issue, Android tv seems to have issues with D+ alot of the time

You could maybe try the settings and turning off any audio processing, i dont have Disney plus so i cant really test that specifically

aldo read somwhere if you start downloading what you want to watch then play it that maight work as a workaround, Good luck

Cromatic

Jun 5, 2009
Hi All,

this image is working great for my NPET s905x 2G Box, as Wifi and Bluetooth are now working again!
Great work, man!

One question remain: How do I get Amazon prime working on this box, as I cant get any movie to load. it says : "Something is wrong here!"?

Cheers,
Cromatic

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
Hi All,

this image is working great for my NPET s905x 2G Box, as Wifi and Bluetooth are now working again!
Great work, man!

One question remain: How do I get Amazon prime working on this box, as I cant get any movie to load. it says : "Something is wrong here!"?

Cheers,
Cromatic

Hi ,Thanks, i think it has to do with the device not having Widevine L1 certifacation, its the reason netflix wont work either, you could try the mobile version of the app as that (as far as i know) only needs Widevine L3 (wich this rom supports) the prime and netflix (TV Verions) wont work due to this, i dont have a prime or netflix account to test the mobile versoins, if it works let me know please

https://apkpure.com/amazon-prime-video/com.amazon.avod.thirdpartyclient/download?from=details

Reactions: Cromatic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH V7.4 (27/10/2020) FIND HERE

THIS HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH V7 (26/05/2020)

Improvements Made

Bluetooth disabled Version (now optional there is a bluetooth enabled version too)

Im very happy with how this turned out, please install and let me know if it works for you have any suggestion

Bug: Issue with root, if anyone knows about pre rooted images advice would be good
    :)
    Bug: Miracast no longer works for me(will probably remove)

Tested on
    MXQ Pro 4K (1/8GB P212)
    rasse-001 (unknown Ram/rom)

Download NEW V7.4 From [October 2020] (XDA LINK)

Yes i can look at adding bluetooth, a few hours maybe
    my box has no bluetooth so i cant test that functionality specifically so you would need to test it and let me know
    also what box did you install on?

Bluetooth Version Now Added!!!
    New update soon

Got new box, (Trongle X1) wifi not working, fix soon will add a couple wifi drivers
    Hi All,

Great work, man!

Cheers,
    Cromatic

Hi ,Thanks, i think it has to do with the device not having Widevine L1 certifacation, its the reason netflix wont work either, you could try the mobile version of the app as that (as far as i know) only needs Widevine L3 (wich this rom supports) the prime and netflix (TV Verions) wont work due to this, i dont have a prime or netflix account to test the mobile versoins, if it works let me know please

https://apkpure.com/amazon-prime-video/com.amazon.avod.thirdpartyclient/download?from=details
    That works fine! Thanks...you made my day!