• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [S905X] Android TV Custom Rom 7.1.2 (Most S905X based devices)

Search This thread

decathlon70

Sep 27, 2014
hello team,
I installed Aidan's custom rom 7.1.2 on my X96 TV Box OTT Android player S905x, 2GB RAM 16GB Storage. but I have big display problem, I configure my display in high resolution but when restarting it goes back to initial 600x800 mode. Netflix does not work, Prime video does not work, and when I want to revert to the original android 6.0 firmware, impossible. Via USB cable, USB Burning tool did not recognize my Box, my PC does not even detect my box, when I try via SD Card, even using the Reset button the recovery mode does not appear, the TWRP does not work any more. how can i go back to the original version?
thank you so much

• Love
Reactions: aidanmacgregor

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
hello team,
I installed Aidan's custom rom 7.1.2 on my X96 TV Box OTT Android player S905x, 2GB RAM 16GB Storage. but I have big display problem, I configure my display in high resolution but when restarting it goes back to initial 600x800 mode. Netflix does not work, Prime video does not work, and when I want to revert to the original android 6.0 firmware, impossible. Via USB cable, USB Burning tool did not recognize my Box, my PC does not even detect my box, when I try via SD Card, even using the Reset button the recovery mode does not appear, the TWRP does not work any more. how can i go back to the original version?
thank you so much
you will need to use mask rom mode to force it to be seen b usb burning tool, i made a video here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello team,
    thank you so much
    THIS HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH V7.4 (27/10/2020) FIND HERE
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...m-aidans-android-tv-custom-rom-7-1-2-t4104869

THIS HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH V7 (26/05/2020)
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...m-aidans-android-tv-custom-rom-7-1-2-t4104869

This is my version 6 Rom (Second shared), i use this as a daily driver and it is stable

Improvements Made

No longer based on atvXperience
    User Interface renders at full 1080p
    Fixed bug where remote power button would turn box off/standby but not wake it up again
    Added Miracast (scren mirroring)
    Removed Chromecast and other bloat (wont work in uncertified devices and would fill storage in 24 hours)
    New bootlogo and boot animation (No longer will bootanimation appear frozen during 1st boot)
    Bluetooth disabled Version (now optional there is a bluetooth enabled version too)
    Misc tweaks & adjustments

Im very happy with how this turned out, please install and let me know if it works for you have any suggestion

Bug: Issue with root, if anyone knows about pre rooted images advice would be good
    :)
    Bug: Miracast no longer works for me(will probably remove)

Tested on
    MXQ Pro 4K (1/8GB P212)
    rasse-001 (unknown Ram/rom)
    Install using amlogic burn tool

Download NEW V7.4 From [October 2020] (XDA LINK)

Screenshot-20190320-001313.png

Screenshot-20190320-001323.png

Screenshot-20190320-001331.png

Screenshot-20190320-001344.png

Screenshot-20200511-160843.png

What it looks like with apps installed:
    Screenshot-20200511-174519.png
    Hello. I really liked your custom firmware. Everything works well. There is no bluetooth in the settings, you can install it or give firmware with working bluetooth. Loved but lacks bluetooth.:good:

Yes i can look at adding bluetooth, a few hours maybe
    my box has no bluetooth so i cant test that functionality specifically so you would need to test it and let me know
    also what box did you install on?

Bluetooth Version Now Added!!!
    New update soon

Got new box, (Trongle X1) wifi not working, fix soon will add a couple wifi drivers
    Hi All,

this image is working great for my NPET s905x 2G Box, as Wifi and Bluetooth are now working again!
    Great work, man!

One question remain: How do I get Amazon prime working on this box, as I cant get any movie to load. it says : "Something is wrong here!"?

Cheers,
    Cromatic

Hi ,Thanks, i think it has to do with the device not having Widevine L1 certifacation, its the reason netflix wont work either, you could try the mobile version of the app as that (as far as i know) only needs Widevine L3 (wich this rom supports) the prime and netflix (TV Verions) wont work due to this, i dont have a prime or netflix account to test the mobile versoins, if it works let me know please

https://apkpure.com/amazon-prime-video/com.amazon.avod.thirdpartyclient/download?from=details
    That works fine! Thanks...you made my day!