[OLD VERSION] [ROM] Aidan's ROM [v7.5] [Netflix TV] [Prime Video TV] [S905X] [ATV 7.1.2] [OLD VERSION]

Search This thread

timbellomo

Jan 17, 2010
Working on Nexbox A95X (S905X 1GB+8GB)
IR remote isn't working, so using a wireless mini keyboard for now. Can't figure out how to edit remote.conf because root doesn't appear to be working (i believe you said as much in your notes). Is there any way for me to edit this (and other similar) file?

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidanrom.com
Working on Nexbox A95X (S905X 1GB+8GB)
IR remote isn't working, so using a wireless mini keyboard for now. Can't figure out how to edit remote.conf because root doesn't appear to be working (i believe you said as much in your notes). Is there any way for me to edit this (and other similar) file?

Hi, you can flash magisk via TWRP, on my V7 thread I left a link in comments for the version I have on google drive (I will add it to the main page) TWRP is pre installed

soliditalstud

Nov 15, 2011
hi there

i was running 7.4 on my XPL3000 however ran into issues with wifi not working at all and Ethernet kept dropping not to mention IPTV function for recording stopped. So I wanted to revert back to my stock firmware

luckily I had a backup. I tried to resto, it did successfully but as you can see not everything restored. Looks like several partitions are missing. When the box booted, it got stuck on the boot logo. Toothpick method doesn’t boot me into recovery. I end up having to short the pins so I can flash ur ROM again using USB burning tool. Any suggestions? Is there a way to recreate these partitions?

I ended up buying a USB to TTL just in case but I’mafraid that if I wipe everything on the eMMC with putty, I might not be able to boot anything. I think the partition structure is messed up

CA31B0A6-D564-4A9E-8F2E-F4921C2C768E.jpeg

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidanrom.com
hi there

i was running 7.4 on my XPL3000 however ran into issues with wifi not working at all and Ethernet kept dropping not to mention IPTV function for recording stopped. So I wanted to revert back to my stock firmware

luckily I had a backup. I tried to resto, it did successfully but as you can see not everything restored. Looks like several partitions are missing. When the box booted, it got stuck on the boot logo. Toothpick method doesn’t boot me into recovery. I end up having to short the pins so I can flash ur ROM again using USB burning tool. Any suggestions? Is there a way to recreate these partitions?

I ended up buying a USB to TTL just in case but I’mafraid that if I wipe everything on the eMMC with putty, I might not be able to boot anything. I think the partition structure is messed up

View attachment 5151759

Did you get sorted?

Wbward

Apr 11, 2021
I recently came across a amlogic mxq pro 4K box and decided to try to get it going. After many days playing with it I decided it needed to be up graded. I loaded several firmware images I located and very recently tried this rom. My box is now stuck on the Android TV splash screen. I’ve tried everything I can think of, which isn’t much, nothing seems to work. The usb firmware tool won’t connect, reset switch inside av port does nothing, can’t get it to boot to recovery, won’t even boot to/from usb or sd card, even shorting pond doesn’t get reboot to recovery... I’m at a loss any ideas where to go next?

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidanrom.com
I recently came across a amlogic mxq pro 4K box and decided to try to get it going. After many days playing with it I decided it needed to be up graded. I loaded several firmware images I located and very recently tried this rom. My box is now stuck on the Android TV splash screen. I’ve tried everything I can think of, which isn’t much, nothing seems to work. The usb firmware tool won’t connect, reset switch inside av port does nothing, can’t get it to boot to recovery, won’t even boot to/from usb or sd card, even shorting pond doesn’t get reboot to recovery... I’m at a loss any ideas where to go next?

hmm it works on my mxq pro 4k, did you install the universal version? and to force device to be detected by usb burning too l mask rom mode may be needed more info here :)

Wbward

Apr 11, 2021
hmm it works on my mxq pro 4k, did you install the universal version? and to force device to be detected by usb burning too l mask rom mode may be needed more info here :)
After many trys your suggestion above about masking the rom to get it to load. I reloaded a rom from atvxperience but have plans to retry your universal load maybe tomorow. Thanks for your help. I guess I forgot the first rule... when in trouble google, and read ... someone has had the same issue or very simular.

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidanrom.com
After many trys your suggestion above about masking the rom to get it to load. I reloaded a rom from atvxperience but have plans to retry your universal load maybe tomorow. Thanks for your help. I guess I forgot the first rule... when in trouble google, and read ... someone has had the same issue or very simular.
Brilliant not you know mask Rom your device its basically un brickabke by bad/incompatible firmware, you installed atvx. Was it normal atvx v2ff or was it that special build for some MXQ devices?

Wbward

Apr 11, 2021
Brilliant not you know mask Rom your device its basically un brickabke by bad/incompatible firmware, you installed atvx. Was it normal atvx v2ff or was it that special build for some MXQ devices?
Gave the universal ROM another shot this am... error with "failed:Verify Failed with sha1sum, origin sum "af74cbf4a70952b6fc4eb691a627e06fa5e18caf" != gen sum "96de9a67ff09f3b0f4d80bdbb4c4c1be1bd0f113" Not sure what that indicates... 99% loaded... gonna keep trying.

wawa9292

Jan 9, 2012
Trenggalek
Great custom Rom, I tried flash to HG680-P which using Armlogic S950x, 2GB/8GB, unfortunately I got error on 7% with error message "[0x32030201]Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error

Any advice regarding case above?

Ps: After that error, I tried flash HG680-P stock rom, and success, i mean i think there is no related with software version of flashing tool or usb to usb cable.

Any feedback will really appreciated
Hello bro, can you confirm the message shown before error 7%,,??
As for me, it's shown "download meson1" then stating "formatting" and then it fail/stopped..

If i analyze that's occurred due to formatting / repartitioning failed.. 🙏🙏🙏

I own HG680P too..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH V7.4 (27/10/2020) FIND HERE
    https://xdaforums.com/android-stick...m-aidans-android-tv-custom-rom-7-1-2-t4104869

THIS HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH V7 (26/05/2020)
    https://xdaforums.com/android-stick...m-aidans-android-tv-custom-rom-7-1-2-t4104869

This is my version 6 Rom (Second shared), i use this as a daily driver and it is stable

Improvements Made

No longer based on atvXperience
    User Interface renders at full 1080p
    Fixed bug where remote power button would turn box off/standby but not wake it up again
    Added Miracast (scren mirroring)
    Removed Chromecast and other bloat (wont work in uncertified devices and would fill storage in 24 hours)
    New bootlogo and boot animation (No longer will bootanimation appear frozen during 1st boot)
    Bluetooth disabled Version (now optional there is a bluetooth enabled version too)
    Misc tweaks & adjustments

Im very happy with how this turned out, please install and let me know if it works for you have any suggestion

Bug: Issue with root, if anyone knows about pre rooted images advice would be good
    :)
    Bug: Miracast no longer works for me(will probably remove)

Tested on
    MXQ Pro 4K (1/8GB P212)
    rasse-001 (unknown Ram/rom)
    Install using amlogic burn tool

Download NEW V7.4 From [October 2020] (XDA LINK)

Screenshot-20190320-001313.png

Screenshot-20190320-001323.png

Screenshot-20190320-001331.png

Screenshot-20190320-001344.png

Screenshot-20200511-160843.png

What it looks like with apps installed:
    Screenshot-20200511-174519.png
    Hello. I really liked your custom firmware. Everything works well. There is no bluetooth in the settings, you can install it or give firmware with working bluetooth. Loved but lacks bluetooth.:good:

Yes i can look at adding bluetooth, a few hours maybe
    my box has no bluetooth so i cant test that functionality specifically so you would need to test it and let me know
    also what box did you install on?

Bluetooth Version Now Added!!!
    New update soon

Got new box, (Trongle X1) wifi not working, fix soon will add a couple wifi drivers
    Hi All,

this image is working great for my NPET s905x 2G Box, as Wifi and Bluetooth are now working again!
    Great work, man!

One question remain: How do I get Amazon prime working on this box, as I cant get any movie to load. it says : "Something is wrong here!"?

Cheers,
    Cromatic

Hi ,Thanks, i think it has to do with the device not having Widevine L1 certifacation, its the reason netflix wont work either, you could try the mobile version of the app as that (as far as i know) only needs Widevine L3 (wich this rom supports) the prime and netflix (TV Verions) wont work due to this, i dont have a prime or netflix account to test the mobile versoins, if it works let me know please

https://apkpure.com/amazon-prime-video/com.amazon.avod.thirdpartyclient/download?from=details
    That works fine! Thanks...you made my day!