• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][S905X] atvXperience v3 Oreo - TX5 Pro and other Devices

Search This thread

N'ayam Amarsh'e

Dec 27, 2013

We're back, boys!
This time with with Oreo 8.0.0 atvXperience v3 for S905X!

• Android OS version: 8.0.0
• For devices: S905X - TX5 Pro and a few other devices
• Recovery: AOSP

Attention:
I don't force you to use the ROM. It's stable and can be used as daily driver except for a few things.
If you don't like something, please ask me on how to remove/add it.
atvXperience and nobody from the team nor the forum moderators are responsible for bricked devices. But we always try to help as much as we can :)

Based on AndroidTV OS. Has all the features of an AndroidTV.

QE5D3Rm.gif

Credit: SrWladimir

* Nayam Amarshe
* Carmine Rovito
* Taylor Stephen Hadden
* Vadim Mussin

v3wip

• Based on latest AndroidTV OS, made to be compatible with majority of S905X Devices except for wifi.
• Google Play Works
• All Google Apps Work!
• Recommendations work great! To turn off go to Settings - Home
• Casting Works with Airscreen
• Pure AndroidTV OS for now, no atvX spices.
• Ethernet is essential for setup

Please consider donating if you like our work :)
PAYPAL LINK
or
PAYPAL EMAIL
[email protected]

Known Problems:
v3wip
Bootanimation by atvX doesn't work
No pre-install apps
init.d not working
Wi-Fi only for a few chipsets
DO NOT FLASH WITHOUT CONSIDERING THAT THE NEW UBOOT MAY LEAVE YOUR DEVICE UNFLASHABLE!

Last edited:

desidude2000

Jul 7, 2012
great stable rom with oreo and atv experience (pun intended!). some minor notes:

- couldn't get to HDMI-CEC menu without going to apps in the settings and then launching the second settings apps. it would be nice if that was easily accessible.
- no wifi for me, used ethernet to get it up and running. i have the m9c max 4k box. not sure which wifi chipset it comes with.

- livetv works great without having to install anything additional for my hdhomerun network tuner. this wasn't the case with atv and 7.1.x release. apparently with 8.0, access to hdhomerun must be built in, which is great.
- really nice and clean interface. i -hated- recommendations, and this allows me to put simple couple of apps at the top for an elders without recommendations flooding the home screen.
- youtube works great.

- haven't tried, but i assume, no root ? (since i don't see supersu by default)

Great work... first and only Oreo ROM i've seen for a generic S905X install. (yes, there is other oreo image on freaktabs, but that's not atv). so a big THANK YOU! keep up the great work.

N'ayam Amarsh'e

Dec 27, 2013
great stable rom with oreo and atv experience (pun intended!). some minor notes:

- couldn't get to HDMI-CEC menu without going to apps in the settings and then launching the second settings apps. it would be nice if that was easily accessible.
- no wifi for me, used ethernet to get it up and running. i have the m9c max 4k box. not sure which wifi chipset it comes with.

- livetv works great without having to install anything additional for my hdhomerun network tuner. this wasn't the case with atv and 7.1.x release. apparently with 8.0, access to hdhomerun must be built in, which is great.
- really nice and clean interface. i -hated- recommendations, and this allows me to put simple couple of apps at the top for an elders without recommendations flooding the home screen.
- youtube works great.

- haven't tried, but i assume, no root ? (since i don't see supersu by default)

Great work... first and only Oreo ROM i've seen for a generic S905X install. (yes, there is other oreo image on freaktabs, but that's not atv). so a big THANK YOU! keep up the great work.
Thanks for the detailed feedback. This is still a work in Progress because I will eventually be launching Android Pie for S905X devices so thought it'd be a better idea to just leave this here for those wanted to test.
Thanks again for trying the ROM out :)

Sent from my F3116 using Tapatalk

KnishxD

Dec 19, 2016
after installing this my remote wont turn my box on. before it would turn it on even when shutdown. i dont have a physical on button. how to fix this?
and i just noticed, it wont play ac3 audio through plex..?

Last edited:

ramoncio

Feb 10, 2006
Denia
I've been trying some roms for my SAMMIX R95S 1G/8G for a couple of days until I found this one.
I'm stuck with it, can't boot to recovery, SD recovery boot doesn't work, root is not enabled. USB or TCP
Settings are really limited, and I can't enable USB debugging or ADB to flash a new rom using a USB male to male cable or even ADB over TCP IP.
I also tried a TWRP recovery.img in a microSD and in a fat formatted USB disk, but no go.
How can I wipe it and move on?
Thanks

ramoncio

Feb 10, 2006
Denia
Still stuck with this :(
I finally found the settings to enable developer menu, and enabled USB debug, but reset button, microSD and USB seem useless, not even any usb device detected when I connect the USB male to male cable.
I then tried with AMLogicFlashTool.exe from AMLogicTools_V6.0.0, the device connects using TCP/IP, and I'm able to flash recovery, but no way to reboot into it with the reboot buttons in the app. Then I flashed the recovery.img into boot, to see if I can boot it from there and recover a nandroid backup. Both flashes went ok without errors. But no way I get into TWRP after rebooting.
I then downloaded the latest supersu 2.8.2 and latest adb and fastboot versions to see if I can root it from console.
Adb connects ok with tcp/ip and I can even open an adb shell to the device, but I can't mount /system as rw.
I think I nearly have it, just need to find a good script to root the device through network adb.
Any help with this?

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

I finally solved it with "adb reboot update", and then the new rom got flashed from the microSD card I prepared with Burn Card Maker.
I don't know why you disabled this SD upgrade feature, and why USB ports don't work, I lost a few hours thanks to this, but at least I learned new stuff.
Best regards!

JustIceForSake

Jul 25, 2014
Awesome project, thank you.

"Wi-Fi only for a few chipsets"
Is there any way to know which chipset are these (the ones working). I can use ethernet to set the ROM, but then I will have to use wifi, so it would be nice to know which wifi chipsets are working.
Thank you.

Hurto

May 12, 2019
Info on update firmware

What is the procedure for upgrading from ATVX 7.1 (2FF) to this? from firmware upgrade in the options?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

We're back, boys!
    This time with with Oreo 8.0.0 atvXperience v3 for S905X!

• Android OS version: 8.0.0
    • For devices: S905X - TX5 Pro and a few other devices
    • Recovery: AOSP

Attention:
    I don't force you to use the ROM. It's stable and can be used as daily driver except for a few things.
    If you don't like something, please ask me on how to remove/add it.
    atvXperience and nobody from the team nor the forum moderators are responsible for bricked devices. But we always try to help as much as we can :)

Based on AndroidTV OS. Has all the features of an AndroidTV.

QE5D3Rm.gif

Credit: SrWladimir

* Nayam Amarshe
    * Carmine Rovito
    * Taylor Stephen Hadden
    * Vadim Mussin

v3wip

• Based on latest AndroidTV OS, made to be compatible with majority of S905X Devices except for wifi.
    • Google Play Works
    • All Google Apps Work!
    • Recommendations work great! To turn off go to Settings - Home
    • Casting Works with Airscreen
    • Pure AndroidTV OS for now, no atvX spices.
    • Ethernet is essential for setup

Please consider donating if you like our work :)
    PAYPAL LINK
    or
    PAYPAL EMAIL
    [email protected]

Known Problems:
    v3wip
    Bootanimation by atvX doesn't work
    No pre-install apps
    init.d not working
    Wi-Fi only for a few chipsets
    DO NOT FLASH WITHOUT CONSIDERING THAT THE NEW UBOOT MAY LEAVE YOUR DEVICE UNFLASHABLE!
    I'm skipping 8.0/8.1. atvX will now be released as 9.0 Pie version.

Sent from my Avocado using Tapatalk
    I'm asking about V4, can I flash it using Amlogic Burn card maker tool?

I'll have to test first, so far I've only used the burning tool

Sent from my RMX1901 using Tapatalk