• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][S905X2] A95X Max - atvXperience v3 - The Ultimate AndroidTV OS Experience!

Search This thread

canepos

Dec 12, 2019
Stuck with your firmeware

Thank you both for good work & good comment :) keep it up
It doesn't mean that he underestimating your work if he says some critic words out!!
It does mean if you introduce something just make it straight forward after many checks..
for sure we do appreciate your work and as we subscribed to your channel and liked your good video, when it's completely right you will get more likes.
Why you develop it if you're not sure and you won't take criticism while you're not even the manufacturer.. DON"T put yourself so high beside god coz after all we're only HUMANS :)
Also, it happened to me same as he referred! moreover, it got many things to re-develop and you might aware about all..
What's annoying here is: you permit yourself to lockup all devices of whomever apply the video to their devices without warning them that (there's no way to get back to the original stock firmware):(
Just put yourself in same shoes & tell us how you feel, otherwise try sincerely to drop files down below so it's easy for everybody & for sure you'll get the best wishes :) :good:

Thanks,

Oct 17, 2017
A95X Max won't connect

Hello,

I've followed all the steps in the video, but my A95X Max doesn't seem to connect to my PC even after installing the latest USB Flash Tool from Amlogic. The World driver thing seemed to have installed without a hitch (I saw a green checkmark next to it saying it's Ready in the install window).

I've even have gone as far as turning driver signing enforcement off.

Does anyone have any idea why my A95X Max won't show up in my PC?

flopsy123

Dec 25, 2019
A95X Max S905X2 Restore

I hope I have a nice Christmas present for you to bring the solution to your Android board to new life. A long time ago I had an MXR 4K TV Box and wanted to install new firmware, Brick, Dead, I was looking for how to use it again and came across the forum of FreakTab see picture 1, picture 2 and 3 is ours Board (have two A95X Max with different WiFi AP6356S, MT7668RSN boards).
Flash software Amlogic USB Burning Tool v.2.1.6.8 and install the WorldCup device driver from it, I also downloaded an Android 9.0 firmware A95X F2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 9.0 KODI 17.6 4K TV Box firmware update at Geekbuying, a USB A to USB A Cable, now it comes to the canned, USB-A of course comes to the PC, now you need a small screwdriver or something that is made of iron and has a 3mm width (to close the nand briefly), sticks a toothpick or Similar in the AV socket (reset button) to start for the flash process, click the software on START and plug the USB-A into the USB 2.0 (black connector not blue), the screwdriver as shown in Figure 2-3, the two Tap contacts briefly. Then the red LED lights up (there is an adhesive strip on the front of the board, remove, then you can see the two LEDs blue and red). It may be that you have to fetch this again and again because the PC does not always recognize the driver from the Android board. For this I have the device manager on the desktop as well as the flash tool, if the devices flicker back and forth he has the driver recognized and starts flashing, the whole takes about 6 minutes,

So dear people get to work.

With kind regards from Old Germany Uwe

Last edited:

Edstro

Feb 4, 2016
Nokia 7 Plus
I love that rom. But i bricked my device from install su whit flash. Can someone who know how to boot to TWRP make me TWRP Flashable backup whit all included, especially boot and bootloader, so it would be a lot easier to restore from TWRP backup, or does it work if bootsector is broken but not recovery? I can start it to TWRP but cant find backup or zip what installs from there.. Share pls

sally80

Feb 23, 2020
any body have the original firmware of a95x max v10 ? i looke every where in the web with no result .. :crying:

tmesen

Apr 11, 2020
So is there anything we can do with A95X Max? The stock firmware sucks you can't update the (TV media) or KODI it's junk.

rwrutl

May 23, 2012
I had recently discovered this ROM and upgraded 2 A95X boxes with the OS. Installing took a couple of efforts (mostly due to the connecting to PC process) after installing and configuring apps and settings I was impressed and frankly glad to have discovered the ROM, my thanks goes out to the people who did this. My concerns are with Netflix and Youtube TV , I had to look around for alternate versions of Netflix (using Aptoide TV) and landed on one that seems compatible . After installing YTV I'm experiencing 'playback error' and while I suspect that my issue might be overall bandwidth capabilities (I'm using a MoFi 4G router) my signal is inconsistent. I'm looking around for older versions of YTV app and trying out my limited bandwidth using smartphones but I wonder if anyone has insight as to possible limitations of the current YTV app on this ROM and the A95X Max. The app opens and displays programming options and listings, but gets a playback error. I'm currently researching for video playback setting in the ROM itself (that would inhibit YTV ) but other streaming apps play (mostly) fine. Again my bandwidth limits are well known to me and taken into consideration. My questions would apply to any known special requirements within this Rom and the Youtube TV app. Any possible help is TIA, and if I can assist others in how I got my PC to recognize the A95X box please ask and I will try to help.

babai93

Feb 5, 2010
Sambalpur
is this rom compatible with magisk?

don't ever try "magisk". You will get boot loop or only recovery mode left to you.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Bluetooth does not connect, v81

here is the Solution... https://forum.atvxperience.com/viewtopic.php?t=1043&start=70#p8835
also you can find the attached below
vendor\lib\libbluetooth_mtk.so
vendor\lib\libbt-vendor.so

Attachments

• BluetoothFix_for_v3a.V81.zip
    28.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

lapidax

May 12, 2009
hola me gusta la rom pero es muy basica e vuelto a la que tenia el aparato .mas que nada por el tema del raton pero lo de la voz esta ok .muy bien saludos

gjorgis

Mar 14, 2015
Hello,i have trouble with the bluetooth on v81 bord.I tried to copy the files with root browser,but unable due to no root.Also tried unpacking with N'ayams unpacker and pasting them directly in vendor\lib\ as starix said,but then it freezes on boot.

damod11

Oct 16, 2017
LG G6
Moto G30
bluetooth disconnection issues solved ... a95x max stock firmware under developer's options choose bluetooth audio LDAC codec : playback quality select balanced audio and connection quality (660kbs/606kbps)./.. no bluetooth disconnection issue anymore after selectiong this option
Hi. LDAC codec wont stay after selection. SBC remains. How did you do it ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    atvx-v3-bootsplash-black.png

We're back, boys!
    This time with with Oreo 8.1.0 atvXperience v3 for S905X2 and specifically A95X Max!

THE FIRST EVER CUSTOM ROM FOR A95X MAX!!

• Android OS version: 8.1.0
    • For devices: A95X MAX
    • Recovery: AOSP

Those who don't have it, you can buy from this link. Probably the most popular S905X2 TV box with HDD and SSD Support and really fast and stable!

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009379639442.html?wid=1433363&lkid=39289238

Attention:
    I don't force you to use the ROM. It's stable and can be used as daily driver except for a few things.
    If you don't like something, please ask me on how to remove/add it.
    atvXperience and nobody from the team nor the forum moderators are responsible for bricked devices. But we always try to help as much as we can :)

Based on AndroidTV OS. Has all the features of an AndroidTV but since atvXperienceOS provides a different experience, we combine the best of AOSP and ATV.

QE5D3Rm.gif

Credit: SrWladimir

team.png

* Nayam Amarshe
    * Carmine Rovito
    * Taylor Stephen Hadden
    * Vadim Mussin

downloads.png

v3A
    NOTE
    The first boot will take a lot of time! Screen will be glitchy, bootvideo will be laggy and you may not even see anything except for black screen but this is normal and doesn't affect the device in any way. This only happens on the first boot because the encrypted kernel and bootloader try to reject the device but it boots anyway and everything will be OK in the second boot.

features.png

v3A
    • Based on latest AndroidTV OS, latest Security patches.
    • Google Play Works
    • All Google Apps Work!
    • Recommendations work great! To turn off go to Settings - Home
    • Casting Works with Airscreen
    • Fully Compatible with A95X Max!
    • atvXed up with Multiple USB drivers!

v3B To-Do:
    Add USB drivers
    Add Navbar and Status Bar
    Change Settings shortcut to TVSettings
    Change App Drawer Wallpaper
    Add some more preinstall apps
    DO THE ATVX THING

instructions.png

PLEASE WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=hnliXmly7WY

donate.png

Please consider donating if you like our work :)
    PAYPAL LINK
    or
    PAYPAL EMAIL
    [email protected]

about.png

Known Problems:
    None my boi

Credits:
    Fabio Ciani
    Ricky Divjakovski
    Superceleron
    eric
    A95X Max developers
    XDA-Developers Members
    forumXperience members
    My team
    atvXperience followers
    and the one reading this

Special Thanks to my boi Nitin for making this when I was busy
    bluetooth disconnection issues solved ... a95x max stock firmware under developer's options choose bluetooth audio LDAC codec : playback quality select balanced audio and connection quality (660kbs/606kbps)./.. no bluetooth disconnection issue anymore after selectiong this option
    Go to app drawer -> settings -> Bluetooth
    Sent from my Avocado using Tapatalk

Hey N'ayam, you need to replace 2 files from v81 firmware to fix Bluetooth.
    vendor\lib\libbluetooth_mtk.so
    vendor\lib\libbt-vendor.so

Not forget to add line to vendor_statfile.txt about libbluetooth_mtk.so

And thank you for unpacking scripts.
    Rom is *meh*, as it completely throws away the stock android Oreo layout and switches to a straight up TV Box setup like a Roku. Most apk's refuse to work with this setup. The included Youtube app sucks and needs to be REMOVED FROM THE ROM as a system app or at least replaced with YT Vanced. Also, Chrome is simply gone...and you cant find it in the "store" either. The apk can be manually installed with a USB/SD card. Netflix app installed within the store does not work with this rom so its like what are we doing here?... but there is a work around. There is no option to boot straight to recovery either, if there even is one. We need TWRP for this to let us do what we want...Get rid of the Android TV BS and let people install their own launcher and you will profit more than just re-skinning the stock OS with this.
    Then don't use it... I use it because of the Android TV layout. He was very up front in the beginning as to what this was and what would and would not work. No 3rd party box is going to work with Netflix or Amazon Apps at this time due to widevine DRM.

If what you have described is what you want, then by all means make your own ROM.

Rom is *meh*, as it completely throws away the stock android Oreo layout and switches to a straight up TV Box setup like a Roku. Most apk's refuse to work with this setup. The included Youtube app sucks and needs to be REMOVED FROM THE ROM as a system app or at least replaced with YT Vanced. Also, Chrome is simply gone...and you cant find it in the "store" either. The apk can be manually installed with a USB/SD card. Netflix app installed within the store does not work with this rom so its like what are we doing here?... but there is a work around. There is no option to boot straight to recovery either, if there even is one. We need TWRP for this to let us do what we want...Get rid of the Android TV BS and let people install their own launcher and you will profit more than just re-skinning the stock OS with this.