[ROM][S905X2] A95X Max - atvXperience v3 - The Ultimate AndroidTV OS Experience!

Search This thread

anterosHK

Aug 16, 2016
atvx-v3-bootsplash-black.png

We're back, boys!
This time with with Oreo 8.1.0 atvXperience v3 for S905X2 and specifically A95X Max!
THE FIRST EVER CUSTOM ROM FOR A95X MAX!!

• Android OS version: 8.1.0
• For devices: A95X MAX
• Recovery: AOSP

Those who don't have it, you can buy from this link. Probably the most popular S905X2 TV box with HDD and SSD Support and really fast and stable!

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009379639442.html?wid=1433363&lkid=39289238

Based on AndroidTV OS. Has all the features of an AndroidTV but since atvXperienceOS provides a different experience, we combine the best of AOSP and ATV.

QE5D3Rm.gif

Credit: SrWladimir

team.png

* Nayam Amarshe
* Carmine Rovito
* Taylor Stephen Hadden
* Vadim Mussin

downloads.png

v3A
NOTE
The first boot will take a lot of time! Screen will be glitchy, bootvideo will be laggy and you may not even see anything except for black screen but this is normal and doesn't affect the device in any way. This only happens on the first boot because the encrypted kernel and bootloader try to reject the device but it boots anyway and everything will be OK in the second boot.

features.png

v3A
• Based on latest AndroidTV OS, latest Security patches.
• Google Play Works
• All Google Apps Work!
• Recommendations work great! To turn off go to Settings - Home
• Casting Works with Airscreen
• Fully Compatible with A95X Max!
• atvXed up with Multiple USB drivers!

v3B To-Do:

Add USB drivers
Add Navbar and Status Bar
Change Settings shortcut to TVSettings
Change App Drawer Wallpaper
Add some more preinstall apps
DO THE ATVX THING

instructions.png

PLEASE WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO:

donate.png

Please consider donating if you like our work :)
PAYPAL LINK
or
PAYPAL EMAIL
[email protected]

about.png

Known Problems:
None my boi

Credits:
Fabio Ciani
Ricky Divjakovski
Superceleron
eric
A95X Max developers
XDA-Developers Members
forumXperience members
My team
atvXperience followers
and the one reading this

Special Thanks to my boi Nitin for making this when I was busy
3 more years,still waiting for V3b with navigation bar,please.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    atvx-v3-bootsplash-black.png

We're back, boys!
    This time with with Oreo 8.1.0 atvXperience v3 for S905X2 and specifically A95X Max!

THE FIRST EVER CUSTOM ROM FOR A95X MAX!!

• Android OS version: 8.1.0
    • For devices: A95X MAX
    • Recovery: AOSP

Those who don't have it, you can buy from this link. Probably the most popular S905X2 TV box with HDD and SSD Support and really fast and stable!

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009379639442.html?wid=1433363&lkid=39289238

Attention:
    I don't force you to use the ROM. It's stable and can be used as daily driver except for a few things.
    If you don't like something, please ask me on how to remove/add it.
    atvXperience and nobody from the team nor the forum moderators are responsible for bricked devices. But we always try to help as much as we can :)

Based on AndroidTV OS. Has all the features of an AndroidTV but since atvXperienceOS provides a different experience, we combine the best of AOSP and ATV.

QE5D3Rm.gif

Credit: SrWladimir

team.png

* Nayam Amarshe
    * Carmine Rovito
    * Taylor Stephen Hadden
    * Vadim Mussin

downloads.png

v3A
    NOTE
    The first boot will take a lot of time! Screen will be glitchy, bootvideo will be laggy and you may not even see anything except for black screen but this is normal and doesn't affect the device in any way. This only happens on the first boot because the encrypted kernel and bootloader try to reject the device but it boots anyway and everything will be OK in the second boot.

features.png

v3A
    • Based on latest AndroidTV OS, latest Security patches.
    • Google Play Works
    • All Google Apps Work!
    • Recommendations work great! To turn off go to Settings - Home
    • Casting Works with Airscreen
    • Fully Compatible with A95X Max!
    • atvXed up with Multiple USB drivers!

v3B To-Do:
    Add USB drivers
    Add Navbar and Status Bar
    Change Settings shortcut to TVSettings
    Change App Drawer Wallpaper
    Add some more preinstall apps
    DO THE ATVX THING

instructions.png

PLEASE WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=hnliXmly7WY

donate.png

Please consider donating if you like our work :)
    PAYPAL LINK
    or
    PAYPAL EMAIL
    [email protected]

about.png

Known Problems:
    None my boi

Credits:
    Fabio Ciani
    Ricky Divjakovski
    Superceleron
    eric
    A95X Max developers
    XDA-Developers Members
    forumXperience members
    My team
    atvXperience followers
    and the one reading this

Special Thanks to my boi Nitin for making this when I was busy
    bluetooth disconnection issues solved ... a95x max stock firmware under developer's options choose bluetooth audio LDAC codec : playback quality select balanced audio and connection quality (660kbs/606kbps)./.. no bluetooth disconnection issue anymore after selectiong this option
    Go to app drawer -> settings -> Bluetooth
    Sent from my Avocado using Tapatalk

Hey N'ayam, you need to replace 2 files from v81 firmware to fix Bluetooth.
    vendor\lib\libbluetooth_mtk.so
    vendor\lib\libbt-vendor.so

Not forget to add line to vendor_statfile.txt about libbluetooth_mtk.so

And thank you for unpacking scripts.
    Rom is *meh*, as it completely throws away the stock android Oreo layout and switches to a straight up TV Box setup like a Roku. Most apk's refuse to work with this setup. The included Youtube app sucks and needs to be REMOVED FROM THE ROM as a system app or at least replaced with YT Vanced. Also, Chrome is simply gone...and you cant find it in the "store" either. The apk can be manually installed with a USB/SD card. Netflix app installed within the store does not work with this rom so its like what are we doing here?... but there is a work around. There is no option to boot straight to recovery either, if there even is one. We need TWRP for this to let us do what we want...Get rid of the Android TV BS and let people install their own launcher and you will profit more than just re-skinning the stock OS with this.
    Then don't use it... I use it because of the Android TV layout. He was very up front in the beginning as to what this was and what would and would not work. No 3rd party box is going to work with Netflix or Amazon Apps at this time due to widevine DRM.

If what you have described is what you want, then by all means make your own ROM.

Rom is *meh*, as it completely throws away the stock android Oreo layout and switches to a straight up TV Box setup like a Roku. Most apk's refuse to work with this setup. The included Youtube app sucks and needs to be REMOVED FROM THE ROM as a system app or at least replaced with YT Vanced. Also, Chrome is simply gone...and you cant find it in the "store" either. The apk can be manually installed with a USB/SD card. Netflix app installed within the store does not work with this rom so its like what are we doing here?... but there is a work around. There is no option to boot straight to recovery either, if there even is one. We need TWRP for this to let us do what we want...Get rid of the Android TV BS and let people install their own launcher and you will profit more than just re-skinning the stock OS with this.