• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Sac23 Note 5 Ported V2 .1 10/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jhill110

Oct 12, 2012
Santa Barbara
HTC U11
Moto G Power
Can you elaborate which settings in All fly on you are using? I have never used this before. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

Since the dialer does don't work, is there anyway to determine which band I am on? I usually check via ##DEBUG#, my speeds are quite lower lately.

PM sent...

Reactions: BigMosley

vivrosh

Sep 1, 2010
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but when you watch YouTube videos and you put it on 1440p resolution or its in 1080p/720p 60 fps the video completely stops but you can hear it but the video just freezes any idea why?

same here..

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Can you elaborate which settings in All fly on you are using? I have never used this before. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

Since the dialer does don't work, is there anyway to determine which band I am on? I usually check via ##DEBUG#, my speeds are quite lower lately.

everything on by default i just turn off the logging engine
and on greenify hibernate app as well as some system app that you tbink of

Last edited:

llawen

Dec 5, 2012
What is the small box next to brightness slider. If you click on it, it resets. Mine was red and I clicked on it it changed to dark. Thanks

LIBERTY or DEATH

flynhawn2002

Feb 24, 2012
I was hesitant on moving to OG5 since I was on OB7 but used TX OB7/OG5 and I still have the OB7 bootloader! And running this awesome rom with no issues that I am aware!

Thanks Sacs and team! Thanks TX for the tar ball!

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
I have found a bug, others please try and see if the same result happens. When using the S-Pen and the Smart Select feature it force closes. I use the feature and share it to Sketch book it force closes every 3rd or 4th time using it, not constantly. Also, does the Note 5 not have the "Lasso" capability with the S-Pen like Note 4 ROMs? I used this often to create pictures/memes, made it alot easier.

Attachments

• 1443982360893.jpg
    1443982360893.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 602

Erod730

May 11, 2013
same here..

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

everything on by default i just turn off the logging engine
and on greenify hibernate app as well as some system app that you tbink of

Same here to but in not sure its a rom issue, could be the app issue, i had this problem on other rom on tx hybrid odexed stock rom

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I was refering to the youtube issue

dgr581

Feb 16, 2011
I have found a bug, others please try and see if the same result happens. When using the S-Pen and the Smart Select feature it force closes. I use the feature and share it to Sketch book it force closes every 3rd or 4th time using it, not constantly. Also, does the Note 5 not have the "Lasso" capability with the S-Pen like Note 4 ROMs? I used this often to create pictures/memes, made it alot easier.

Thats happens to me as well

Bellefotopervoi

Jun 23, 2013
messaging

Just notice that the list options while you're in a messaging with an individual doesn't allow you to delete at all when one on one.
It blinks on and off when you select more. You then have to back out to the list of messengers, and delete the whole dialogue. Any known fixes?

xShivp

Feb 19, 2014
Can anyone post a clearcut list of instructions? It has been a wild goose chase using the search function and getting people replying to others to use other threads as instruction. It has taken me 3 hours and I still haven't gotten it.

After I flash the OG5, I then flash TWRP, then Root, After rooting I try to flash the ROM and I get an error about binaries... This has happened like 7 times after 7 clean flashes of the OG5.

Any help is appreciated!

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
dont wipe system after root, just wipe dalvik/cache/data then flash rom. I got errors on binary problem only when I wiped system. hope that helps

xShivp

Feb 19, 2014
dont wipe system after root, just wipe dalvik/cache/data then flash rom. I got errors on binary problem only when I wiped system. hope that helps

When I don't wipe anything it finally boots, but before the setup "UI has Crashed" and it keeps re-appearing, happened 3 times so I just shut down odin-ed stock and I give up now I guess.

Edit: Thanks dude it worked! Hopefully phone calls work for me so I can actually use my phone!

Last edited:

hammerchucker

Jan 14, 2014
Roseville
Thank you for the ROM, this one and the S6 port. I've tried them both this weekend and so far think I'll stick with the N5 rom since i do of course have a note phone and so far no real major issues so far (ie. stablility) in comparison between two. Freeza's netflix fix worked. Cant tell on battery life yet but does at least go into deep sleep when the screen is off. Bluetooth worked fine. If all stays as is and I can at least get through my work day and home before 15%, it'll be my daily driver.

Any way to get the clock/time to show up in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the notification bar there next to my LTE or Wifi symbol and battery %?

What is potato clock?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    removed

thanks guys

can a mod please close this thread
    Guys might have something for u soon
    Yes the rom still needs work and there are definitely some issues with sprint data, battery drain, and the little things that some of you already mentioned. But overall it's a great initial release. Keep in mind that this is a port which contains international files therefore there are gonna be some issues with certain things because of that. However, I am still working on things on my end. It's going to take me some time but i will be continuing to fix things in the days and weeks to come. This rom will have my attention for the forseeable future. Like I've said before, the N5 port is gonna be the rom of choice for the N4 so I'm putting my time and effort into making it even better regardless.
    Guys almost done with n3 ill be back on this soon
    Random question @tx_dbs_tx
    why use an international base rom?
    Would it be less work to work on a sprint base rom to port?
    It takes less time to use an international base a specific carrier takes more work because you have to set the base accordingly thus u have huge battery drain im sure the data configs are completely different than a sprint base would look like
    If you only knew the half of it! Yes this is correct. TONS of things need to be ported from the sprint N5 rom. I'm working on it. Will make a dramatic difference. I will do my best to make N5 port work correctly on our Sprint N4's. Give me time, I'm just as anxious as all of you therefore I will be putting time into this as much as I can. Thanks for the feedback. It's important to us!