• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Sac23 Note 5 Ported V2 .1 10/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vivrosh

Sep 1, 2010

Attachments

• 1444138820175.jpg
    1444138820175.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 814

j00manji

May 30, 2011

vivrosh

Sep 1, 2010
yep

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

youtube video get hang over 720p bugging me ...anyone have fix?

Reactions: BigMosley

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
My battery life (even with greenify and all Fly-On Mods enabled) still isn't so great, not completely horrible but not so great. Mind you this is just from 30 mins of Facebook in the morning before work and maybe 2 hours of listening to music during work. I would get 12+ hours on the stock OG5 ROM. Can anyone else relate?

Attachments

• 1444162962720.jpg
    1444162962720.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 694

Kul_dood

Feb 24, 2013
My battery life (even with greenify and all Fly-On Mods enabled) still isn't so great, not completely horrible but not so great. Mind you this is just from 30 mins of Facebook in the morning before work and maybe 2 hours of listening to music during work. I would get 12+ hours on the stock OG5 ROM. Can anyone else relate?

I usually get around 5-6h SOT but when I had xposed installed that dropped down to 4h SOT.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

jaymaj

Apr 6, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Honestly that's pretty darn good.
I might try a new kernel later. I wiped and reflashed ROM this morning to try to see if maybe it was an app issue. Still seeing it burn through battery. Going to try emotion R21.

I think greenify with Fly-on might be the best solution.

Some reviews of 5.1.1 seem to indicate this might be a problem with the base. Any thoughts or other options?

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
I finally had a chance to update to cog5 and flash this the other day. I have some of the same issues others are having but all in all a very nice daily driver. Thank you to all that have been working on this.

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
curious if AEL kernel 5.1.1 NA ED v5.1 is any good on this? do all features still work?

i see other touting emotion kernel as a possible alternative. Curious to hear what others are running?

Reactions: hallrob1

thebrohluis

Dec 6, 2014
Okay so for me I noticed that only YouTube freezes or acts up when it ether 720p 60fps and lso 1080p 60fps or 1440p video, if anyone knows a fix thanks & if anyone knows which kernel would be best for this rom please do share . But regardless this rom is amazing much better then any out there, it makes this phone feel different and new and the screen off memo is just great! Battery life has been pretty well, for the most part but there are some days that are worst then others. If anyone does anything special to your phone for better battery life please do share

liquid307

Mar 14, 2008
Okay so for me I noticed that only YouTube freezes or acts up when it ether 720p 60fps and lso 1080p 60fps or 1440p video, if anyone knows a fix thanks & if anyone knows which kernel would be best for this rom please do share . But regardless this rom is amazing much better then any out there, it makes this phone feel different and new and the screen off memo is just great! Battery life has been pretty well, for the most part but there are some days that are worst then others. If anyone does anything special to your phone for better battery life please do share
Stay away from emotion kernel r21.

AEL Kernel _Ed_v5_1_210915
+ synapse works great.

I froze a bunch of system apps, using Chef's freezer app it's easier to work with than TB, you can find it in the playstore. I'll try to link a list. Here: https://goo.gl/nB1nfm

You tube working fine with this set up, I just tried this video here:

:)https://youtu.be/3bEtJgnd86M

Hit thanks, it's free.

Last edited:

hallrob1

Jun 7, 2014
Michigan
Stay away from emotion kernel r21.

AEL Kernel _Ed_v5_1_210915
+ synapse works great.

I froze a bunch of system apps, using Chef's freezer app it's easier to work with than TB, you can find it in the playstore. I'll try to link a list. Here: https://goo.gl/nB1nfm

You tube working fine with this set up, I just tried this video here:

:)https://youtu.be/3bEtJgnd86M

Hit thanks, it's free.

Are you using the Fly on Mod with this kernel?
What Synapse settings are you using?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    removed

thanks guys

can a mod please close this thread
    Guys might have something for u soon
    Yes the rom still needs work and there are definitely some issues with sprint data, battery drain, and the little things that some of you already mentioned. But overall it's a great initial release. Keep in mind that this is a port which contains international files therefore there are gonna be some issues with certain things because of that. However, I am still working on things on my end. It's going to take me some time but i will be continuing to fix things in the days and weeks to come. This rom will have my attention for the forseeable future. Like I've said before, the N5 port is gonna be the rom of choice for the N4 so I'm putting my time and effort into making it even better regardless.
    Guys almost done with n3 ill be back on this soon
    Random question @tx_dbs_tx
    why use an international base rom?
    Would it be less work to work on a sprint base rom to port?
    It takes less time to use an international base a specific carrier takes more work because you have to set the base accordingly thus u have huge battery drain im sure the data configs are completely different than a sprint base would look like
    If you only knew the half of it! Yes this is correct. TONS of things need to be ported from the sprint N5 rom. I'm working on it. Will make a dramatic difference. I will do my best to make N5 port work correctly on our Sprint N4's. Give me time, I'm just as anxious as all of you therefore I will be putting time into this as much as I can. Thanks for the feedback. It's important to us!