• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Sac23 S6 Edge Ported V1-fixed 9/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MDMonster

Dec 21, 2010
Dude i aint no dev either but 100 of them will tell u google is your best friend logs are easy but your claiming 48hrs of battery that just a head scratcher
I shall reflash the ROM, and give it go. Any other suggestions that would help?
I am using a stock battery and other get about 12 hours. 48 hours wow. I did notice screen was 11% what setting does that stay at and do you have bluetooth? And data sync?
Rarely use Bluetooth, and sync is always on. I am roaming at all times, if that matters.
Well…if screen is only 11% that tells me that it just sat there without any use with screen off for 2 days running no apps except stock. Imo. No need for the attitude though.
The attitude is for being called a troll without him actually looking at my past. I don't troll, just screenshots are the only 'proof' I could think of.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pstarkey001

styles420

Nov 12, 2010
The attitude is for being called a troll without him actually looking at my past. I don't troll, just screenshots are the only 'proof' I could think of.

He's calling you a troll because you're making claims even one of the devs who worked with this rom can't believe, and then you're dodging every request for proof. Screenshots can be misleading, both intentionally and by mistake...

So at this point, we're better off assuming that your claims are bogus until proof can be provided that helps others duplicate your "results" - your claims do nothing to help anyone otherwise, and that's what gives them that trollish odor

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

pstarkey001

Aug 11, 2008
He's calling you a troll because you're making claims even one of the devs who worked with this rom can't believe, and then you're dodging every request for proof. Screenshots can be misleading, both intentionally and by mistake...

So at this point, we're better off assuming that your claims are bogus until proof can be provided that helps others duplicate your "results" - your claims do nothing to help anyone otherwise, and that's what gives them that trollish odor

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

To clarify…everyone is asking for more details on what your setup is to achieve such feats. What kernel you're running,if custom kernel what settings,what apps,flashing process,what was phone state during the 48hrs(sleeping,use,screen on, etc.)??? Hope this helps and please let's keep this thread clean. Thanks.

MDMonster

Dec 21, 2010
To clarify…everyone is asking for more details on what your setup is to achieve such feats. What kernel you're running,if custom kernel what settings,what apps,flashing process,what was phone state during the 48hrs(sleeping,use,screen on, etc.)??? Hope this helps and please let's keep this thread clean. Thanks.

So I did the following process to flash:
Shut phone off>Boot into recovery>Wipe the usual (data, cache, system)>reboot back into recovery so I can flash it>flash it>reboot into ROM.

Here is a logcat from the app called aLogcat and some battery/cpuz screenshots. Sorry about the slow reply, double shift and ended up tired as hell lol. Anything else, just ask.

Attachments

• alogcat.2015-09-28-23-49-00-0500.txt
    118.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_2015-09-28-23-55-53.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-28-23-55-53.png
    241.2 KB · Views: 1,007
  • Screenshot_2015-09-28-23-56-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-28-23-56-07.png
    232 KB · Views: 1,011
  • Screenshot_2015-09-28-23-56-18.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-28-23-56-18.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,005
Reactions: richardjrdeal

dinaps86

May 20, 2012
Long Island, New York
Anybody know why the Bluetooth wasnt working in version one of this rom, Paco ported it to note edge but Bluetooth didnt work and than all of a sudden when i went to unlock the device all that happened was it showed my wallpaper but than wouldnt open the app drawer, it allowed my notification window to drop down but than didnt allow my settings to load but it wasn't frozen idk it seemed awesome for the 5 min it did work

millerboy3

Feb 3, 2010
Columbia
So I did the following process to flash:
Shut phone off>Boot into recovery>Wipe the usual (data, cache, system)>reboot back into recovery so I can flash it>flash it>reboot into ROM.

Here is a logcat from the app called aLogcat and some battery/cpuz screenshots. Sorry about the slow reply, double shift and ended up tired as hell lol. Anything else, just ask.

This battery/SOT looks much much more plausible than what you said before... I actually got better battery than that! But I'm not a heavy user some days :)

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I am not a dev. Any info is here. What is with this community? I've heard of 'logs' , but never done one. Why not tell me how to do so, or suggest another thing I could do to help. No, instead you and the one dev just **** talk me. You really must not have read that last comment well, either. I said 'I'll gladly reflash and give any information' . I only thought of screenshots as I literally flashed the ROM and then used it. No more, no less..

I understand what you're saying and nobody is mad at you. Just use the rom and try to report your findings the best that you can as well as post your methods of achieving what you report. It's all good! We're all here to help one another.

Anybody know why the Bluetooth wasnt working in version one of this rom, Paco ported it to note edge but Bluetooth didnt work and than all of a sudden when i went to unlock the device all that happened was it showed my wallpaper but than wouldnt open the app drawer, it allowed my notification window to drop down but than didnt allow my settings to load but it wasn't frozen idk it seemed awesome for the 5 min it did work
A direct port of this current rom build to another device will only carry over it's existing bugs & issues as well as introduce a ton more! Paco has his work cut out for him i promise. If people knew the extent of what goes into fixing these ports correctly and making them work properly on a specific device model, they would think us dev's have literally lost our minds. I sometimes ask myself how come i keep punishing myself like this? LOL! The truth is, i want these ports to work just as much as anybody else because I have the N4 and think these N5/S6 ports are the way of the future for the N4 until we get updated TouchWiz software... which may never happen. so this is why we do this for all of you for free.

Not working with SView Flip Cover. Should i expect this will ever be supported on this ROM? How about the Note 5 ROM?
I don't know about this. Try the Note 5 port because it is more likely to work on that rom. I know i have been doing a ton of work on the N5 port behind the scenes and bringing it as close to 100% compatibility with our Sprint N4/N5 as i possibly can. It has been grueling to say the least.

MDMonster

Dec 21, 2010
I understand what you're saying and nobody is mad at you. Just use the rom and try to report your findings the best that you can as well as post your methods of achieving what you report. It's all good! We're all here to help one another.

Well good to hear instead :D . So was the logcat useful in anyway as I did post one the other day, or anything that may help?

hammerchucker

Jan 14, 2014
Roseville
Regarding battery life, i was gettting easily 1 full day and still had 20 or 30% left when i would forget to charge over night on alliance and noterized. I was using the yankactive governer setting. I noticed that it was generally only in 3 states; deep sleep, 300mhz, or 1700mhz though i did up that limit 2200mhz with a little drop in battery life.

I also noticed that the CPU cores were not inexplicably running at full speed for no apparent good reason like most of the other governer setting would do.

SamuelBegui

Jan 27, 2015
/home/coolbeans/
Bluetooth pairing with pin. Noticed with dpi set to 640, popup for pairing code works. If you want to keep the 560 setting i would think you could change to 640 do your pairing for gear, car, etc then change back to 560.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried this and managed to get Bluetooth pairing popup working?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Derekao

Mar 23, 2011
Tried to install ROM and failed.

I have tried to install both of Sac23 rom's Note 5 V2.1 and S6 and I get the same error. What am I doing wrong. Wipe all data except SD card then install but always fails. Please see attachment for error message.

Attachments

• NoteS6Fail.jpg
    NoteS6Fail.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 391

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I have tried to install both of Sac23 rom's Note 5 V2.1 and S6 and I get the same error. What am I doing wrong. Wipe all data except SD card then install but always fails. Please see attachment for error message.
reboot recovery and flash again

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Derekao

bilyhoe

Jan 8, 2012
I love this rom but hate that i cant pair bluetooth with my car radio for hands free calling. Tried everything to get pop up to show with no luck. Anyone able to get it to work???

zeroualot_7

Feb 24, 2007
beautiful ROM BUT i need luanguage fr in this rom

thx

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

beautiful ROM BUT i need luanguage fr in this rom

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mods please close this thread thanks
    guys ill be updating this rom but you guys might want to wait and see whats coming soon ;)
    I've already tried replacing all the bluetooth files and that did not work. Not sure what else other than that will fix the issue. My guess is there has to be something going on with the drawables/visuals that render the pop-up but I have no clue where to find that.

If it were the bluetooth files, we most likely wouldn't be able to connect to anything but in this case we are receiving a connection just not the actual menu to verify it. So it has to be something with the actual menu and not in the bluetooth files.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

I believe it should be easy to add though.... A simple code that can trigger some sort of menu to verify the connection seems rather easy to code as far as my research regarding this issue goes. Just not sure where to actually place these fixes and if they'll further conflict or not.

But I'm not a developer so I could be very far off lol.
    There's no missing "code". I've been through all smali etc. It's all intact. However, lately I have not messed with trying to fix the issues with the S6 port becaue we are working on the N5 port which in my opinion will replace this rom. Our time and efforts are better spent on the N5 port. Both ports are very similar but the N5 port is the way to go. I have not been able to test bluetooth and the pin popup yet on the N5 port but i think it should work fine. There's so many underlying things that need to be fixed and i have been digging deep to address them. Our goal is to make the N5 port as pefrect as we can make it with no annoying bugs. I now look at the S6 port as a "preview" of what's to come. Please understand that Sac23 is busy as well as a few more of us and we are working on the N5 port daily as time permits. Therefore support for the S6 port may not be available or deemed a priority for the reasons i mentioned. Just enjoy the port and learn what you can about it's current issues so you can possibly offer your tips in the future if needed. Wait and see what Sac23 decides to do with this rom but i think it's fair to say that this was a gift and a preview of what's to come. Now it's time to get back to work.
    Yea it's not gonna be a quick and easy process. I think the note 5 port will be the rom that really makes the note 4 THE device to have. It would have all the benefits of the new software of the note 5 along with the Note 4's extra hardware features, like ir blaster, removable battery and removable micro-sd card. Win Win in my book!