• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Sac23 S6 Edge Ported V1-fixed 9/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lowery23

Apr 20, 2009
Thanks to everyone that contributed tot his ROM. I flashed it yesterday and my phone is running great and seems much snappier than it was previously. Bluetooth audio working great, paired easily with my gear 2, no issues at all so far.

jass65

Dec 21, 2014
2600mah?

rom is great, no issues at all. I noticed it says 2600mah in about phone. Is this something to be concerned about because the note 4 has 3000mah?

coolwater22

Jan 9, 2009
rom is great, no issues at all. I noticed it says 2600mah in about phone. Is this something to be concerned about because the note 4 has 3000mah?

the note 4 has 3200 mah actually, the note 5 has 3000 mah :/..bigger battery on an older phone..try recalibrating the battery. I am not to sure why it says that

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I have fixed all of that and more sorted out in my test builds however it hasn't really helped battery life according to my test builds of the N5 port. There's also a bunch of other cpu, batt and other configs & arrays as well that are incorrect for our hardware. I have fixed them all on my test build but I still feel like battery life isn't what it should be. The S6 and N5 port roms still need extensive work in order to cure the battery drain problem. I have done as much as i can with the help of some testers I have following me. I'm afraid the S6 and N5 ports are what they are at this point. Even after fixing little things like what you mentioned, there are still more things that need to be fixed. I have done a ton of things to the N5 port but like i said, battery life is terrible. It's just not worth the effort anymore. There are updates coming out and Marshmallow will follow so hopefully we can have something new to work with in the near future. Enjoy the ports as they are for now. It took a lot of work and time getting them to the point they are now and hats off to those guys who contributed to get the ports booting and working as they are. but they are obviously unfinished and may never reach their full potential without a true team effort... which we don't have right now. Enjoy what;s available and hope for more things to come for the N4.

Invisibility

I have fixed all of that and more sorted out in my test builds however it hasn't really helped battery life according to my test builds of the N5 port. There's also a bunch of other cpu, batt and other configs & arrays as well that are incorrect for our hardware. I have fixed them all on my test build but I still feel like battery life isn't what it should be. The S6 and N5 port roms still need extensive work in order to cure the battery drain problem. I have done as much as i can with the help of some testers I have following me. I'm afraid the S6 and N5 ports are what they are at this point. Even after fixing little things like what you mentioned, there are still more things that need to be fixed. I have done a ton of things to the N5 port but like i said, battery life is terrible. It's just not worth the effort anymore. There are updates coming out and Marshmallow will follow so hopefully we can have something new to work with in the near future. Enjoy the ports as they are for now. It took a lot of work and time getting them to the point they are now and hats off to those guys who contributed to get the ports booting and working as they are. but they are obviously unfinished and may never reach their full potential without a true team effort... which we don't have right now. Enjoy what;s available and hope for more things to come for the N4.

My battery life on the N5 port isn't all that bad, I can get a full day and then some depending on what I'm doing.

schlepprock

Jan 10, 2014
Archdale NC
Heres my battery life running the Note5 port. Im running LSpeed mod as well.

Attachments

• 1448197463630.jpg
    1448197463630.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 1448197477777.jpg
    1448197477777.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 329

schlepprock

Jan 10, 2014
Archdale NC
Screen on time is 4h which isn't that much, mines usually around 6hrs after about 18 hrs or so...

Well i went down to 1%, sot was 4 hours and 30 minutes with a total of 33 hours and 39 mins is excellent battery life..jmho

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Was this a just checking the life of charge or did u actually use it through out the day???

4 hours and 30 minutes sot i used it. A little gps, a little pandora, a little sirius and lots of web surfing with quite a few text and calls.

Last edited:

jass65

Dec 21, 2014
Battery life is actually not that bad.

I installed the N5 rom about a month ago . My battery life is near stock 5.1.1 .Mabye because i deleted some systems apps, disabled some sevices and am using greenify. Also it states 3220mah in about device, which is correct. Been using it for a while, solid rom. No lag, restarts , fc. Great work!

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I installed the N5 rom about a month ago . My battery life is near stock 5.1.1 .Mabye because i deleted some systems apps, disabled some sevices and am using greenify. Also it states 3220mah in about device, which is correct. Been using it for a while, solid rom. No lag, restarts , fc. Great work!

The battery info is determined by what is enetered in smali in framework and even though it is incorrect for our N4 it really has nor "real" impact on the battery life or any other battery functions. There are several other places in the rom where cpu and battery arrays are actually critical. Changing those does help but I have not had success in killing or even taming the battery hog. I have been looking at different approaches to the N5 port. I have mostly given up but i keep finding my curiosity pulling me back in when I brain storm for a few days. I't fun to mess with roms but too much of it will drain you brain cells lol.

christian1818

Nov 20, 2010
Sac23 Ported S6 Edge Custom Rom​

Guys this is a Sprint S6 Edge port

Kernel = Freeza

Changelog V1

- S6 Edge 5.1.1 Base

- S6 + Apps Edge Ported

- S6 Edge Peoples Edge

- Added Working Sparking And Water Droplet Lock screen Effects

- Added N5 Launcher

- Added Launcher VN Team Home Screen Settings

- Added N5 air command Ported

- Added Full Norma Settings
. Potato Clock
. 3minit Battery
. UPSM Manager
. Working Tool Box With 12 apps Enabled
. Online Network Speed 1 or 2 Lines
. Operator Display
. Virtual Keys Satus Bar

- Added Mokee List View Animations
. On/Off Toggle In Settings

- Enabled all QuickSettings (Requires Reboot when asked on first boot)

- Disabled Page Scrolling

- Added Working Hot Spot

- Added Call Record

- Added Call Message Block Settings

- Added Modded Mms apk
. Folder View
. Locked Messages
. Blocked Mesages
. Save To Sd
. Restore From Sd
. And alot more

- Added Call Button In Logs

- Added all N5 Icons

- Added Faster .5 Transitions

- Added Dev options on boot

- Added 5 Way Reboot

And Alot More

V1 fixed Changelog

- Fixed Rotation

- Fixed Bluetooth

- Fixed Error On Boot

- Fixed Gear (cant test )

GUYS NO ONE IS ALLOW TO TAKE ANYTHING FROM MY ROM WITHOUT ASKING THIS WAS REALLY HARD AND TIME CONSUMING TO PORT AND FIX SO PLEASE RESPECT AND DON'T TAKE

SPECIAL THANKS TO THESE GUYS WITHOUT THEM THIS WOULDN'T BE POSSABLE

geiti94

darkera13

rlmiller

paco1

albe95

shaji_ka_71

thereassaad

alemtro95

gharrington

nguyenxuanhoa

daxgirl

if i forgot u please let me knwo ill add thanks alot to everyone /\/\/\/\

V1 - https://mega.nz/#!KEoFyIBD!WxC2rvXLUpHO8aBt0bYS9sQH4MRXsMOZDDBdkE-FsHQ

v1 - Fixed - https://mega.nz/#!uJ4FwBoZ!4Mi-afdnKtfXDWdrlZKIUbY0X1Q_5wAJ988EYH7Z5_I

anyone who wants to enable all toggles heres flashable thank u goes to daxgirl for this

EXTRA TOGGLES - https://mega.nz/#!TdZWmKKZ!ETzvbq53nDvSulwRjAD4f6F9Pf9g6Tm6WGHCwcfLFZs
What am i doing wrong! I dont have data...?
It said no sim card.. did everything you guys said ... 3x clear and reboot to recovery 2x install fix but still no data everything else works... just no Data

styles420

Nov 12, 2010
What am i doing wrong! I dont have data...?
It said no sim card.. did everything you guys said ... 3x clear and reboot to recovery 2x install fix but still no data everything else works... just no Data

What are you doing wrong? Quoting the entire OP, for starters :p

But on a more serious note, I believe this rom requires you to take an official 5.1.1 update because the partitions changed compared to 5.0.x - if you flashed this rom straight from a 5.0 rom then that could be the cause

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

christian1818

Nov 20, 2010
What are you doing wrong? Quoting the entire OP, for starters :p

But on a more serious note, I believe this rom requires you to take an official 5.1.1 update because the partitions changed compared to 5.0.x - if you flashed this rom straight from a 5.0 rom then that could be the cause

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks for the answer
Im coming from 5.0.1 rom
Can you redirect me to upgrade to 5.1.1
And that would explain why i couldnt get it to work. Hope that solves my issue since i heard good things about this rom.
And by the way thank you

jhill110

Oct 12, 2012
Santa Barbara
HTC U11
Moto G Power
Reactions: styles420

wmatheney

Oct 25, 2012
Wow!! This is one solid ROM with awesome features! Great work! I love it. But since I use android wear, it's keeping me from using it as a daily. Do you know if there is a fix coming? Sob ?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Atech4life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mods please close this thread thanks
    guys ill be updating this rom but you guys might want to wait and see whats coming soon ;)
    I've already tried replacing all the bluetooth files and that did not work. Not sure what else other than that will fix the issue. My guess is there has to be something going on with the drawables/visuals that render the pop-up but I have no clue where to find that.

If it were the bluetooth files, we most likely wouldn't be able to connect to anything but in this case we are receiving a connection just not the actual menu to verify it. So it has to be something with the actual menu and not in the bluetooth files.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

I believe it should be easy to add though.... A simple code that can trigger some sort of menu to verify the connection seems rather easy to code as far as my research regarding this issue goes. Just not sure where to actually place these fixes and if they'll further conflict or not.

But I'm not a developer so I could be very far off lol.
    There's no missing "code". I've been through all smali etc. It's all intact. However, lately I have not messed with trying to fix the issues with the S6 port becaue we are working on the N5 port which in my opinion will replace this rom. Our time and efforts are better spent on the N5 port. Both ports are very similar but the N5 port is the way to go. I have not been able to test bluetooth and the pin popup yet on the N5 port but i think it should work fine. There's so many underlying things that need to be fixed and i have been digging deep to address them. Our goal is to make the N5 port as pefrect as we can make it with no annoying bugs. I now look at the S6 port as a "preview" of what's to come. Please understand that Sac23 is busy as well as a few more of us and we are working on the N5 port daily as time permits. Therefore support for the S6 port may not be available or deemed a priority for the reasons i mentioned. Just enjoy the port and learn what you can about it's current issues so you can possibly offer your tips in the future if needed. Wait and see what Sac23 decides to do with this rom but i think it's fair to say that this was a gift and a preview of what's to come. Now it's time to get back to work.
    Yea it's not gonna be a quick and easy process. I think the note 5 port will be the rom that really makes the note 4 THE device to have. It would have all the benefits of the new software of the note 5 along with the Note 4's extra hardware features, like ir blaster, removable battery and removable micro-sd card. Win Win in my book!