[ROM] [sailfish] [9] [LOS-based] **crDroid**OMS**v5.8

jontxo

May 3, 2011

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

Hello

I have created this rom using the Lineage sources and a fix from the creator of the rom of this page: http://customromz.proboards.com/thread/11/crdroidandroid-9-marlin-v5-zip?page=1&scrollTo=16. I don't have too much knowledge in how the rom is developed so perhaps I won't be able to solve all your questions.

Please let me know if you have any issue.

Regards

SourceTree
LineageOS

Features
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM
GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your google pixel, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
1) Install stock rom
2) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip and twrp zip to your device
3) Boot into Recovery
4) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
5) Flash ROM
6) Reboot into recovery
7) Flash gapps
8) Boot up
9) when the setup wizard starts execute the following command to allow it to connect to wifi
adb shell pm grant com.google.android.apps.pixelmigrate android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
10) Open the contacts and phone apps and accept the permissions requests

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
you tell me...

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Joe pacino
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

DONATE

Last edited:

PapaSmurf6768

Jul 29, 2011
Are anyone try this rom? How was the performance and battery life? Any problems?
I flashed it, all good so far.
Couple things to note, the Stock OpenGapps package said it was too big for system storage, had to move to Mini package.
When going through setup, the adb command given wasn't working until I went through setup a little bit, then came back to the beginning. Not sure exactly how to fix it but it worked eventually, and WiFi connected.
Will put it through its paces over the next couple days, thanks for the build!

jontxo

May 3, 2011
I flashed it, all good so far.
Couple things to note, the Stock OpenGapps package said it was too big for system storage, had to move to Mini package.
When going through setup, the adb command given wasn't working until I went through setup a little bit, then came back to the beginning. Not sure exactly how to fix it but it worked eventually, and WiFi connected.
Will put it through its paces over the next couple days, thanks for the build!
You are welcome. And thanks for trying it.

Regards

kkjb

May 3, 2017
Good features, like the "past" features. Your kernel has very good sleep mode, and speed stepping. Overnight battery life looking good. I haven't tried cell radio yet, this is the second pixel I use for testing first. I will try a couple of ways to get Google photos app to work Like Pie, before I commit more. Photos device file backups not working correctly, but that might be my device to device transfer process to move master work data to a newly flashed build. THANKS for your time and efforts.
Edit- yep had device transfer problem. Complete wipe / reinstall apps. Photos fine again.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoKa1993

jontxo

May 3, 2011
Good features, like the "past" features. Your kernel has very good sleep mode, and speed stepping. Overnight battery life looking good. I haven't tried cell radio yet, this is the second pixel I use for testing first. I will try a couple of ways to get Google photos app to work Like Pie, before I commit more. Photos device file backups not working correctly, but that might be my device to device transfer process to move master work data to a newly flashed build. THANKS for your time and efforts.
Edit- yep had device transfer problem. Complete wipe / reinstall apps. Photos fine again.
I am glad everything is OK.

SoKa1993

Nov 22, 2018
Everything is ok but the charging speed is quite slow. Max i got just 5.0W. Is it because the rom or the kernel i used? Currently using latest franco kernel. But on others rom it works fine. Other than that, i loved it. Thanks

jontxo

May 3, 2011
Everything is ok but the charging speed is quite slow. Max i got just 5.0W. Is it because the rom or the kernel i used? Currently using latest franco kernel. But on others rom it works fine. Other than that, i loved it. Thanks
How have you managed to flash franco kernel. I have this error: new image larger than host partition. Aborting...

Regards

PapaSmurf6768

Jul 29, 2011
After a few days on this I can say this is easily the best Pie ROM I've put on my phone. Features are great and no problems to report in my day to day use.
Couple notes I had; I had to flash the Mini Gapps since the Stock package said it was too large for the partition. After booting, the trick to get WiFi to work during setup didn't work immediately but did work after clicking around a bit. Then Photos was crashing on start so I deleted it as a system app and just installed it from Google Play. That works fine, and I haven't had any other apps do this.

Thanks again OP, will be on this one for a while.

SoKa1993

Nov 22, 2018
How have you managed to flash franco kernel. I have this error: new image larger than host partition. Aborting...

Regards
I just flash it and it work like usual. Maybe something wrong when u flash the rom file. Did u clean flash it or dirty? Mine clean flash. After flashing the rom, i boot it to system. Then install gapps, magisk. Boot it again. Then franco. Work like a charm. Btw, this rom is smoother than other roms. Love the extra setting on this rom. Thanks for ur work.