A Mobile Version of the Ubuntu Operating System
Ubuntu Touch is made and maintained by the UBports Community. A group of volunteers and passionate people across the world. With Ubuntu Touch we offer a truly unique mobile experience - an alternative to the current most popular operating systems on the market. We believe that everyone is free to use, study, share and improve all software created by the foundation without restrictions. Whenever possible, everything is distributed under free and open source licenses endorsed by the Free Software Foundation, the Open Source Initiative.
For more information check out the UBports website.
- During installation finding the device in recovery mode takes some time. Use the "Try again" button frequently until it is found by the UBports Installer.
- Under active investigation: Sometimes the device loses data signal without indication. In this case the device needs a reboot.
- Even though GPS should work it might take a long time to get a GPS fix on location requests.
- Bluetooth calls miss working microphone routing.
- WIFI usage drains the battery.
Please join @UBports_Porting on Telegram for more.
- Factory image PQ3B.190801.002
Instructions (tested on Ubuntu 20.04):
- Make sure to revert to factory image PQ3B.190801.002 before continuing: https://developers.google.com/android/images#sargo
- Install Ubuntu Touch using the UBports installer, available for Linux, Windows & macOS
- For first time installers: Please make a backup of your phone and wipe everything using the wipe option in the installer
Kernel source: GitHub
Device tree: GitHub