ROM[SCORPIO][8.1]**crDroid**[4.6]

Search This thread

firebird11

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity

this is crDroid for Xiaomi MiNote2

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
Click for feature list

First time installing crDroid to your MINote2, or coming from another ROM:
- Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP)
- Copy GApps and crDroid zip to your external SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Wipe system,data and cache
- Flash crDroid zip
- Flash GApps zip
- Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
- Copy crDroid ZIP to your external SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Wipe system and cache
- Flash crDroid zip
- Flash Gapps
- Reboot

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running stock crDroid-kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

DONATE

crDroid G+ community

https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Website

XDA:DevDB Information
crdroidandroid, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Note 2

Contributors
firebird11
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-04-22
Last Updated 2018-04-22

Last edited:

pepsimaxmjs

Jul 12, 2008
Hi,

I'd like to say thanks for this ROM. It is very functional - lots of extra options - and seems to work very well. I have been trying all the Oreo ROMs, but most have battery life issues and the phone runs too hot. This ROM however is different - after the load and a short settle down period the ROM runs cool and does not use so much juice. Oreo seems like Nougat at launch, basically over hyped and short on genuine 'advances'. As usual developers will have to figure out how to get the best from the code, so initial ROMs are in many ways a step backwards on the battery life and performance possible on Nougat.

The only issue I have noted so far - and this applies to all of the Oreo ROMs is that they take ages to charge the battery. I know this can be fixed by better Kernel optimisation, but alas there is nothing available that I can get to work right now - tried Pepsy but it hangs 100% of the time, and it is not for this ROM anyway (yes I did read ALL of the instructions for the so called compatible ROMs). I have around 200 apps loaded on my phone, so far all of them seem to work OK. Great job! Thanks :0)

Pepsimaxmjs

pepsimaxmjs

Jul 12, 2008
Hi,

I'd like to say thanks for the OTA update yesterday. Now the 'fast charge' appears to work, and a few other minor issues have been resolved. The ROM continues to exhibit excellent battery life, and also runs very cool (even when charging). I am getting as low as 22 degrees Celsius which is the best I have got with any ROM. I am using Greenify and DU Battery Saver. These both seem to work fine and do help get rid of any hidden battery drains.

Using Viper and this works fine (implemented via Magisk).

The only issue I now have to figure out is when using the Wifi Hotspot feature I am losing the connection when the screen goes off. Most likely it is something I have killing the app, but I cannot find the root cause. Any tips would be welcome!

Thanks again for a top quality ROM with great features and superb performance / battery. Not going back to MIUI - this is now my daily driver :0)

Pepsimaxmjs

Reactions: firebird11

alexmanu1

Feb 9, 2016
Constanta
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hi,

I'd like to say thanks for the OTA update yesterday. Now the 'fast charge' appears to work, and a few other minor issues have been resolved. The ROM continues to exhibit excellent battery life, and also runs very cool (even when charging). I am getting as low as 22 degrees Celsius which is the best I have got with any ROM. I am using Greenify and DU Battery Saver. These both seem to work fine and do help get rid of any hidden battery drains.

The only issue I now have to figure out is when using the Wifi Hotspot feature I am losing the connection when the screen goes off. Most likely it is something I have killing the app, but I cannot find the root cause. Any tips would be welcome!

Thanks again for a top quality ROM with great features and superb performance / battery. Not going back to MIUI - this is now my daily driver :0)

Pepsimaxmjs

Thank you for the reviews you posted here , it made me want to try this rom, so when i'll get the chance (mostly it's about the time), i'll switch to it.
Seems to be a very cool ROM! Thank you , dev! :)

nikerossxp

Sep 16, 2006
Moscow
yeah, phone seems running cooled, for standart usage it's good! Most of options, like AEX or RR is presented, so now i use this ROM and waiting for more features and updates.

alexmanu1

Feb 9, 2016
Constanta
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Hi!
I've finally got the chance to test the ROM and i am very impressed by how feature packed it is.
The only things that i've noticed is that the reception is not that great as other roms and sometimes it doesn't want to connect to the mobile data , so i have to turn on&off the airplane mode.
Also, the sound volume is low . Can it be higher by default?
Thank you for your work here!
I hope there will be updates in the future, too!

pepsimaxmjs

Jul 12, 2008
Oreo & heating phones...

Another problem i've noticed is the fact that the phone gets pretty hot when doing normal activities like scrolling through facebook or using camera :)

I do find certain apps can cause the phone to heat up. I don't use either Facebook or the native camera app - so I am not seeing this issue. I do have a Logitech wifi camera app that is a nightmare - but if I set it to Greenify it stops being a problem.

One other point is to note the unusual upgrade instructions - wipe system partition and re-load gapps. I did not do this for a couple of updates and a few things started to go wrong. Hopefully doing as per the Dev's instructions will improve things. Tried latest version of ASOP Extended and fled back to crDroid which seems not to eat the battery so fast.

Always remember a couple of key disciplines when changing ROM - I always reset the Battery Stats with a battery calibrator after a full charge (first time only), and then you need a few hours for the software to 'settle down' and stop running various hidden set-up / optimisation routines. Typically a day later the things starts to work properly. This happens on all ROMs in my experience.

Thanks again Firebird for this ROM :)

Reactions: alexmanu1

proton252

Jul 25, 2017
kocaeli
Bluetooth always crashed.

Edit: Re-flash and fixed

Attachments

• 2018-06-12-12-38-47.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

iPeck

Dec 28, 2010
Saint-Hippolyte
Hi, thanks for your work.

Phone says i have an update (20180614 v4.4) but when i click on the page link, the file isnt there. Only previous versions.

iPeck

Dec 28, 2010
Saint-Hippolyte
Thanks. Downloading now.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Link to newly needed firmware would be appreciated. ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

this is crDroid for Xiaomi MiNote2

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

First time installing crDroid to your MINote2, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP)
    - Copy GApps and crDroid zip to your external SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe system,data and cache
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    - Copy crDroid ZIP to your external SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe system and cache
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock crDroid-kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

DONATE

crDroid G+ community

https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Website

XDA:DevDB Information
    crdroidandroid, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Note 2

Contributors
    firebird11
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-04-22
    Last Updated 2018-04-22
    Hi,

I'd like to say thanks for this ROM. It is very functional - lots of extra options - and seems to work very well. I have been trying all the Oreo ROMs, but most have battery life issues and the phone runs too hot. This ROM however is different - after the load and a short settle down period the ROM runs cool and does not use so much juice. Oreo seems like Nougat at launch, basically over hyped and short on genuine 'advances'. As usual developers will have to figure out how to get the best from the code, so initial ROMs are in many ways a step backwards on the battery life and performance possible on Nougat.

The only issue I have noted so far - and this applies to all of the Oreo ROMs is that they take ages to charge the battery. I know this can be fixed by better Kernel optimisation, but alas there is nothing available that I can get to work right now - tried Pepsy but it hangs 100% of the time, and it is not for this ROM anyway (yes I did read ALL of the instructions for the so called compatible ROMs). I have around 200 apps loaded on my phone, so far all of them seem to work OK. Great job! Thanks :0)

Pepsimaxmjs
    Hi, thanks for your work.

Phone says i have an update (20180614 v4.4) but when i click on the page link, the file isnt there. Only previous versions.
    I'll check it when I'm home
    Sorry guys for the lack of interaction, summer months are usual very busy for me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Hi,

Pepsimaxmjs