• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][SDCLANG-6][microg ready][OMS exPosures]NLOS-16.0] - 20210714

Search This thread

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
All the same new directory structure. Seems like it might be the new AOSP standard for Android 10.

Just a heads up in case you weren't aware, but it's a bit of a PITA, right?

Thanx. The system as root **** is introduced with Android 10. I've assumed everybody using 10 roms is aware of this - but after reconsidering, I belive you are right. I've added
"For all system as root roms (Android 10 based roms) you need to adjust PROPFILE in META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary."
to #3.

meiser

Nov 6, 2010
Hi nvertigo67,

may I ask you to integrate the StopSwitch Delay patch to remove a delay mentioned in the XDA Navigation Gestures app thread?

The patch is for frameworks_base and is quite trivial:
Code:
diff --git a/services/core/java/com/android/server/am/ActivityManagerService.java b/services/core/java/com/android/server/am/ActivityManagerService.java
index eb9e84e27ca..60ed3a01fcb 100644
--- a/services/core/java/com/android/server/am/ActivityManagerService.java
+++ b/services/core/java/com/android/server/am/ActivityManagerService.java
@@ -574,7 +574,7 @@ public final class ActivityManagerService extends ActivityManagerNative

// Amount of time after a call to stopAppSwitches() during which we will
     // prevent further untrusted switches from happening.
-    static final long APP_SWITCH_DELAY_TIME = 5*1000;
+    static final long APP_SWITCH_DELAY_TIME = 0;

// How long we wait for a launched process to attach to the activity manager
     // before we decide it's never going to come up for real.

Thanks in advance,
meiser

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
Hi nvertigo67,

may I ask you to integrate the StopSwitch Delay patch to remove a delay mentioned in the XDA Navigation Gestures app thread?

The patch is for frameworks_base and is quite trivial:
Code:
diff --git a/services/core/java/com/android/server/am/ActivityManagerService.java b/services/core/java/com/android/server/am/ActivityManagerService.java
index eb9e84e27ca..60ed3a01fcb 100644
--- a/services/core/java/com/android/server/am/ActivityManagerService.java
+++ b/services/core/java/com/android/server/am/ActivityManagerService.java
@@ -574,7 +574,7 @@ public final class ActivityManagerService extends ActivityManagerNative

// Amount of time after a call to stopAppSwitches() during which we will
     // prevent further untrusted switches from happening.
-    static final long APP_SWITCH_DELAY_TIME = 5*1000;
+    static final long APP_SWITCH_DELAY_TIME = 0;

// How long we wait for a launched process to attach to the activity manager
     // before we decide it's never going to come up for real.

Thanks in advance,
meiser

I don't think it's a good idea. "static final long APP_SWITCH_DELAY_TIME = 5*1000;" is part of https://github.com/nvertigo/android_frameworks_base/commit/95fc68f24a2a.

If somebody thinks the 5s delay isn't necessary and regressing the fixed issue is less important then fixing a third party app on rom basis (which is systematically a bad idea!), the complete commit should be reverted.

In my oppinion, the fix is more important, then a workaround which reintroduces this issue in favour for a third party app.

If I find a timeslice for reading a thread of over 2600 posts, I'll look into. Sadly the thread search for APP_SWITCH_DELAY_TIME returns 2 postings (incl. the OP), but in both postings APP_SWITCH_DELAY_TIME can't be found.

xuser_

Nov 13, 2016
@nvertigo67
I have successfully upgraded to stock oos 9.0.5(without losing my oos oreo data and internal storage)
thanks to your post,
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/how-to/guide-cope-9-0-3-5-0-8-firmware-barrier-t3941164

Now, I am unrooted, unlocked bootloader and encrypted with latest official twrp
1- Flashing latest NLOS build will wipe my internal storage?
2. Is the latest fully rebased kernel any better than the previous one?

Optional,
Any Idea if franco's r50 kernel is rebased for oos pie?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

[/COLOR @nvertigo67
I have successfully upgraded to stock oos 9.0.5(without losing my oos oreo data and internal storage)
thanks to your post,
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/how-to/guide-cope-9-0-3-5-0-8-firmware-barrier-t3941164

Optional,

Thanks!

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
[MENTION=4405529]

Just stick to the installation instructions in the OP: as long as you don't expirience any issues with encryption, no need to format data, just wiping data is sufficient.

Both worked flawlessly for me, I've noticed no difference in stability, performance and bat life. The same goes for the removal of boeffla's wake lock blocker. As you already know, no other user has reported any issues neither with the old kernel, nor with the rebased one.

Why do you ask? What is your problem with one of them?

Optional,

Please respect OP.

What is your issue with the shipped kernels?

xuser_

Nov 13, 2016
Just stick to the installation instructions in the OP: as long as you don't expirience any issues with encryption, no need to format data, just wiping data is sufficient.

Both worked flawlessly for me, I've noticed no difference in stability, performance and bat life. The same goes for the removal of boeffla's wake lock blocker. As you already know, no other user has reported any issues neither with the old kernel, nor with the rebased one.

Why do you ask? What is your problem with one of them?

Please respect OP.
>>I do

What is your issue with the shipped kernels?
>> No problem just wanted to know if
1. FK rebased kernel(if exists) for stock oos pie
2. there is any significant advantage of upgrading to stock oos kernel vs latest r50 FK kernel vs your fully rebased kernel
3. Is your rebased kernel compatible with the latest stock oos? if yes, could you please share the kernel as zip?

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

BTW OP does not talk about the 'internal storage' ( flashing from stock oos pie to NLOS pie)
6. Optional (mandatory, if you have issues with encryption): Format data: in twrp tap on wipe and then tap on format data. This will delete all data, remove encryption and leave you with ext4, which is highly recommended. If you are insisting to use f2fs see: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...9#post75688089 - NOT recommended!

so, if we have issues with encryption will format data format the internal storage as well?

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
2. there is any significant advantage of upgrading to stock oos kernel vs latest r50 FK kernel vs your fully rebased kernel

If you don't start respecting OP, I'll stop answering you!

3. Is your rebased kernel compatible with the latest stock oos? if yes, could you please share the kernel as zip?

OOS kernels and source build rom lernels aren't compatible to each other, never has been and (to my understanding) never will be.

BTW OP does not talk about the 'internal storage' ( flashing from stock oos pie to NLOS pie)

If you don't understand, that my answer as well as the directions in OP answers your question for "internal storage" bijectively and sufficiently, that means that you don't know, that wiping data in twrp doesn't touch media and formatting data cleans the complete data partition. If that is the case, I strongly recommend to learn about twrp, before using it.

so, if we have issues with encryption will format data format the internal storage as well?

I've answered that already.

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

6. Optional (mandatory, if you have issues with encryption): Format data: in twrp tap on wipe and then tap on format data. This will delete all data, remove encryption and leave you with ext4, which is highly recommended. If you are insisting to use f2fs see: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...9#post75688089 - NOT recommended!

You really have no clue that OOS Pie and NLOS are two completely different ROMs and their respective kernels are NOT built to just flash & work on each other.
1. You shouldn't ask FK kernel queries in this thread. There is a separate thread for that and you should go there and ask any queries related to FK you have
2. You can not use NLOS's kernel on OOS Pie and vice versa.
3. Yes, formatting data will delete everything from internal memory. This ROM requires OOS Pie firmware and OP already has provided 2 ways to switch to OOS Pie firmware if you are coming from OOS Oreo. NLOS will NOT format your internal memory by itself.

Please only ask relevant questions to NLOS here and don't discuss custom kernels.

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
Is there any specific build that is the most stable or are we to assume the latest build is the most stable build?
For my usage pattern (apps, mobile data, way i use my phone),I've not seen a single issue or bug in the last 2 months. With NLOS, you can always go with the latest release. However, everyone has a unique way of using their phone so there could be something broken for you. It's better to report with logs and the developer will help fix it.

Dec 19, 2013
@nvertigo67
I think the automatic switch for LTE/GSM/WCDMA (in mobile networks settings) doesn't work correctly, what could possibly the cause of it? Blocked wakelocks?

Few times in a month, let's say i moved to a bad signal 4g location and the signal is lost usually for the first time. In order to get the signal back, i should force it to GSM only via settings, boom it's full, and then switched back to LTE/GSM/WCDMA to get 4g signal (in the same location, even it's bad). If i don't do that, i can't use internet nor phone calls.

I'll do the proper way with logs and clean installation next time i travel again. Just a friendly conversation this time :D

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
@150208: my room is in the basement. Moving my op3t from the rear of the room (2/3g sometimes only edge; differs with weather conditions - really!) to the window (lte or lte+, the latter only if the weather plays in... ;) ) let it always jump back from 2/3g or edge to lte or lte+.

EDIT: Prefered network type is configured to LTE/TDSCDMA/CDMA/EVDO/GSM/WCDMA, though I don't think it's the problem. After https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3/+/244335/8/system.prop I've changed manually to 22 (aka: LTE/TDSCDMA/CDMA/EVDO/GSM/WCDMA).

Last edited:

Dec 19, 2013
@150208: my room is in the basement. Moving my op3t from the rear of the room (2/3g sometimes only edge; differs with weather conditions - really!) to the window (lte or lte+, the latter only if the weather plays in... ;) ) let it always jump back from 2/3g or edge to lte or lte+.

All right, thanks for the heads up
I'll do clean next time i travel then :good:

vijay.ev

Jun 10, 2013

Installed Rom in the morning... smooth one i would say.. Network switching between lte to all the way edge & then switching back to lte automatically was the issue.. No indication of signal bars in the status most of the times. Airtel volte doesn't work.. modified build.prop still volte doesn't work.. Help pls !??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191020-224356.jpg
    Screenshot_20191020-224356.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 164
  • Screenshot_20191020-224407.jpg
    Screenshot_20191020-224407.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 164

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
Installed Rom in the morning... smooth one i would say.. Network switching between lte to all the way edge & then switching back to lte automatically was the issue.. No indication of signal bars in the status most of the times. Airtel volte doesn't work.. modified build.prop still volte doesn't work.. Help pls !??

The build prop edits just enable the switch in the phone menu - it does not enable volte.

Does volte work for your mcc/mnc on oos? If so, have you tried the apn settings from oos fpr your mcc/mnc?

EDIT:
on signal strength indicators in the status bar and on how to compare real signal strength:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80289043&postcount=1079

Last edited:
Reactions: thomasnsr

vijay.ev

Jun 10, 2013
The build prop edits just enable the switch in the phone menu - it does not enable volte.

Does volte work for your mcc/mnc on oos? If so, have you tried the apn settings from oos fpr your mcc/mnc?

Airtel volte works on oxygen os starting from 5.0.8 to 9.0.5.. Bricked the phone in the morning & then flashed oxygenos from 3.1.2 to 9.0.5 :D

Will try to edit apn settings as suggested. Didn't know abt this trick.

Thanks...

shivangswain

May 8, 2015
Pune
ahoperunner.com
1) I can't seem to change the Bootsplash logo by flashing regular Bootsplash zips. Any idea what to do?

2) What kernel does this ROM use? A modification of the official LineageOS kernel or FrancoKernel (because I see you in the FrancoKernel thread often). Asking just out of curiosity, already using your ROM and loving it (except for the Bootsplash & Bootanimation, sorry).

vijay.ev

Jun 10, 2013

EDIT:
on signal strength indicators in the status bar and on how to compare real signal strength:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80289043&postcount=1079

Mcc/mnc for my state 404/40. If i change mnc to different state & save apn then it's picking default mnc 40. It doesn't work with suggested method :crying:

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
1) I can't seem to change the Bootsplash logo by flashing regular Bootsplash zips. Any idea what to do?

The bootlogo zips provided in this thread are still working.

For other packages ask the dev of those packages.

Anything in the recovery log from flashing bootlogo?

2) What kernel does this ROM use? A modification of the official LineageOS kernel or FrancoKernel (because I see you in the FrancoKernel thread often). Asking just out of curiosity, already using your ROM and loving it (except for the Bootsplash & Bootanimation, sorry).

https://github.com/nvertigo/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996

It's based on los sources, but has additions from @Sultanxda, @franciscofranco, @mcdachpappe, @Lord Boeffla and all I've forgotten. Best you check the commits: all nlos specific changes are always rebased on top of los, for ease of checking.

Top Liked Posts