• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][SDCLANG-6][microg ready][OMS exPosures]NLOS-16.0] - 20210714

Search This thread

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
Sorry for the double post. Manually added persist.volte_enabled_by_hw=1 and rebooted - No luck

404/49 set to different values in apns-conf.xml of nlos & oos.

Additional value in apns_conf.xml for 404/49 apn type in oos: protocol="IPV4V6" roaming_protocol="IPV4V6"

Copy oos version to /system/etc/apns-conf.xml, check/fix permissions and selinux contexts, reset network settings and reboot.

Is there any solution for Mobile network standby issue on Pie firmware?

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

I've never expirienced that. I can't fix, what's not an issue on nlos.

Reactions: thomasnsr

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
Every custom ROM based on LineageOS has that sincer dianlujitao merged Pie blobs. Even LineageOS has that. And I am not the only one who has that. See detailed battery after some time you used the phone with mobile data.
I'm not sure if you've noticed before but thet Mobile Network Standby you see in battery details has been there since Lollipop (Android 5), IIRC. I had a OnePlus one then and this was the most discussed topic, how to fix mobile standby battery drain.
I use mobile data 80-90% during the weekdays and i can tell you that it barely affects my battery if phone is in standby. Ofcourse if you have sync running in background and too many apps sending you push notifications while phone is not in use, it will affect your battery and your phone will be temporarily out of deep sleep.

I am not sure how you use your phone or what apps you use, but I have really no drastic battery drain with mobile data ON and phone on standby mode.

Reactions: nvertigo67

vijay.ev

Jun 10, 2013
Copy oos version to /system/etc/apns-conf.xml, check/fix permissions and selinux contexts, reset network settings and reboot.

Selinux contexts !?

Sorry i was complete noob on that. What needs to do/check or any terminal commands needs to perform !??

Once again. Thanks very much for your patience & knowledge to fix the issue on volte topic.

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

@nvertigo67 please look into below thread where @SuperDroidBond confirmed airtel volte working on their rom. It might be very much helpful to replicate same in our Nlos.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...nal-aosp-5-0-android-8-0-pre-t3693585/page274

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
Every custom ROM based on LineageOS has that sincer dianlujitao merged Pie blobs. Even LineageOS has that. And I am not the only one who has that. See detailed battery after some time you used the phone with mobile data.

I'm not sure if you've noticed before but thet Mobile Network Standby you see in battery details has been there since Lollipop (Android 5), IIRC. I had a OnePlus one then and this was the most discussed topic, how to fix mobile standby battery drain.

I havn't expirienced the mobile data drain myself, but I've noticed quite some reports of moile data drain since 5. What I've never seen is a logcat for mobile data drain after a clean flash with only nano or pice opengapps and no other apps installed nor apps or data or settings restored.

We had some wifi related wake locks in 14, 15 and 16 from the kernel, which resulted in idle drain. I've addressed them by @Lord Boeffla's wake lock blocker, but after the last kernel rebase it's not needed anymore.

For now I'm still pretty sure it's a setup triggered issue (or maybe carrier specific - but I doubt that), but no rom issue.

Selinux contexts !?

Sorry i was complete noob on that. What needs to do/check or any terminal commands needs to perform !??

I've explained all steps in detail two pages back, when you've asked the very same question: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80611769&postcount=1149

@nvertigo67 please look into below thread where @SuperDroidBond confirmed airtel volte working on their rom. It might be very much helpful to replicate same in our Nlos.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...nal-aosp-5-0-android-8-0-pre-t3693585/page274

I've read the complete page, but did not find any hint on how to fix.... No change, no gerrit commit not even a change log. I have no idea, why this link should help fixing this.

Considering the above, I would like to stop the airtel conversation with you at this point.

IonutGherman

Dec 16, 2014
Cluj-Napoca
I havn't expirienced the mobile data drain myself, but I've noticed quite some reports of moile data drain since 5. What I've never seen is a logcat for mobile data drain after a clean flash with only nano or pice opengapps and no other apps installed nor apps or data or settings restored.

We had some wifi related wake locks in 14, 15 and 16 from the kernel, which resulted in idle drain. I've addressed them by @Lord Boeffla's wake lock blocker, but after the last kernel rebase it's not needed anymore.

For now I'm still pretty sure it's a setup triggered issue (or maybe carrier specific - but I doubt that), but no rom issue.

I've explained all steps in detail two pages back, when you've asked the very same question: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80611769&postcount=1149

I've read the complete page, but did not find any hint on how to fix.... No change, no gerrit commit not even a change log. I have no idea, why this link should help fixing this.

Considering the above, I would like to stop the airtel conversation with you at this point.
I will make a clean flash with no apps to see if that can be fixed.

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
UPDATE (mainly maintainance)

Build 20191024

Note: 20191022 removed because of incomplete patching (curtent.pick.sh wasn't run). If you use 20191022 update as soon as possible to 20191024.

Releasenotes:

This build relies on OxygenOS firmware. OxygenOS 9.0.5 firmware is required. At this point you have two options:
  1. You don't care about loosing data on an unlocked bootloader and clean flash including format userdata according to the first time installation instructions in OP (recommended):
  2. You want to keep your current setup and like to dirty flash on top of beta builds:
    I've created a firmware package from OxygenOS 9.0.5. To avoid issues due to an unlocked bootloader and/or encrypted userdata partition, I've kept the bootloader and and keymaster partition to OxygenOS 5.0.8. This allows to run the pie-blobs builds with native Oneplus OxygenOS 9.0.5 blobs, but you don't need to reformat the userdata partition (for details see: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/how-to/guide-cope-9-0-3-5-0-8-firmware-barrier-t3941164 ).
If you need to pass safetynet api flash sec-patch-2019-08-01.zip from https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...-nlos-16-0-t3879405/post78433987#post78433987 .

For a complete list of additional cherry picks see: current.pick.sh.

Changelog (Last repo sync: 24 Okt 2019, 10:31:52 CEST / 24 Okt 2019, 08:31:52 UTC):

• op3/t: overlay: CarrierConfig: add 260/01. — Nvertigo
  • op3/t: overlay: CarrierConfig: add 404/49 from OOS. — Nvertigo
  • op3/t: overlay: CarrierConfig: add 404/40 from OOS. — Nvertigo
Note: if you want to test the new CarrierConfig for 260/01, 404/40 or 404/49 after a dirty flash (aka update), reset network setting and reboot to system!

NLOS-Bootlogo
nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip
back_in_black_bootlogo-v1.0.zip(pre ob16 OxygenOS Bootlogo)

[SIZE="+2"]DOWNLOAD[/SIZE]​

Happy flashing!

pedritopl

Apr 3, 2015
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 3T
Hi,

I'm getting the dialer app crashes from time to time since some time already, but only today I was able to check and confirm that the crashes only appear if I have the "Record all calls" option on (which is how I want it). It seems to be crashing mostly (or only) if I try to call someone and then I hangup before the call is answered.
I last clean flashed around January and dirty flashed all builds since then, so I'll understand if this report is ignored.
I attach the logcat from a quick problem reproduction.
The line which seems to be the most interesting is:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String com.android.incallui.call.DialerCall.getNumber()' on a null object reference
My setup: OP3T A3010, build 20191024, opengapps-pico
I'd appreciate if anyone looks at this and lets me know if the problem is somewhere in my setup or is it a bug introduced by the record-all-calls option.

Attachments

• dialer-crash.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 2

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
Hi,

I'm getting the dialer app crashes from time to time since some time already, but only today I was able to check and confirm that the crashes only appear if I have the "Record all calls" option on (which is how I want it). It seems to be crashing mostly (or only) if I try to call someone and then I hangup before the call is answered.
I last clean flashed around January and dirty flashed all builds since then, so I'll understand if this report is ignored.
I attach the logcat from a quick problem reproduction.
The line which seems to be the most interesting is:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String com.android.incallui.call.DialerCall.getNumber()' on a null object reference
My setup: OP3T A3010, build 20191024, opengapps-pico
I'd appreciate if anyone looks at this and lets me know if the problem is somewhere in my setup or is it a bug introduced by the record-all-calls option.

Since the log is filtered, I can only guess: Is the crash happening, when you pick an incoming call, or if you make a call? I guess the first. Does the call comes with callerid suspressed? I havn't expirienced this myself, but I ignore all calls without caller-id.

pedritopl

Apr 3, 2015
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 3T
Since the log is filtered, I can only guess: Is the crash happening, when you pick an incoming call, or if you make a call? I guess the first. Does the call comes with callerid suspressed? I havn't expirienced this myself, but I ignore all calls without caller-id.
Hi, I used "logcat -v long" - does that filter the output by default? :-o
The "test procedure" is:
- make sure "record all calls" is on
- start a call
- hangup before the other part answers
App crash.
Reproduction rate with this scenario is about 60-70%.

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
Hi, I used "logcat -v long" - does that filter the output by default? :-o
The "test procedure" is:
- make sure "record all calls" is on
- start a call
- hangup before the other part answers
App crash.
Reproduction rate with this scenario is about 60-70%.

I should have written "cutted" instead of filtered. The system part is missing.

Anyway: can confirm the crash. It tries to save a call tjat hasn't been made. I'll look into more detailed, but I'm afraid either I need to completely rewrite the record all code, or I need to remove it. I tend to the latter.

pedritopl

Apr 3, 2015
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 3T
Anyway: can confirm the crash. It tries to save a call tjat hasn't been made. I'll look into more detailed, but I'm afraid either I need to completely rewrite the record all code, or I need to remove it. I tend to the latter.
Thanks for the confirmation!
I still prefer this feature in even with this bug (if you ask me). The benefits are greater to me than the cost :)
...but it's your ROM of course :)

Top Liked Posts