• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][SDCLANG-6][microg ready][OMS exPosures]NLOS-16.0] - 20210916

Search This thread

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
1) Is there anyway I can enable navigation bar and hardware buttons at the same time?

I don't know. It has never come to my mind to try. For me it's an "one or the other"-type decission.

2) How much overnight battery drain % is normal?

What is "normal"? The idle drain heavily depends on your setup, i.e. which bg active apps are installed and allowed to keep the device active? It also depends on curtent degradation of the battery itself. Idle drain for my setup with a three years old battery is about 0.6%/h. If I use whatsapp-web it's 0.8%/h.

3) If I want to test other custom kernel, what is right way to back up current kernel and revert back?

Just dirty flash the rom and all boot partition altering packages, or use twrp's backup/restore, or make your own image backup with dd.

Reactions: Yeshas Prabhakar

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191109_204910.jpg
    Screenshot_20191109_204910.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 420

rituj_b

Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2012
Jaipur
@nvertigo67 Am I missing something, or something as basic as VOLTE is not working.
Jio Sim doesn't work at all with calls.
With airtel 4g, it falls back to 3g/gsm and then places or receives a call, which takes atleast 3 4 seconds.

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
@nvertigo67 Am I missing something, or something as basic as VOLTE is not working.
With airtel 4g, it falls back to 3g/gsm and then places or receives a call, which takes atleast 3 4 seconds.

Honestly, I don't know. Since some carriers work with volte I'm pretty sure volte is generally working, but broken for some carriers. As a rule of thumb: if volte is working for a specific carrier in oos it should be possible to make it work on los/nlos.

If you read this thread, you'll find that volte on i.e. 404/49 isn't working. I've tried several additional settings, for the latest (https://github.com/nvertigo/local_manifest/commit/a412167e51cce064135c6ad4ba8b31d753be9126 -> https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_vendor_lineage/+/242686 ) I did not receive any feedback until your posting. Thanx for the feedback.

Since I'm not using any 404/* carrier (I'm on 262/02 vodafone.de, which isn't supported by the the vendor's blobs), I can't test myself, which makes debugging something between impossible and pain in the arse.

Considering all this, I suggest bringing up airtel and jio volte in the official los-16.0 thread, hoping to reach more airtel/jio users and eventually a dev on airtel/jio.

I'll happily add or change something for airtel/jio isers, but I've completely run out of ideas, other then those I've already tried.

rituj_b

Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2012
Jaipur
Honestly, I don't know. Since some carriers work with volte I'm pretty sure volte is generally working, but broken for some carriers. As a rule of thumb: if volte is working for a specific carrier in oos it should be possible to make it work on los/nlos.

If you read this thread, you'll find that volte on i.e. 404/49 isn't working. I've tried several additional settings, for the latest (https://github.com/nvertigo/local_manifest/commit/a412167e51cce064135c6ad4ba8b31d753be9126 -> https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_vendor_lineage/+/242686 ) I did not receive any feedback until your posting. Thanx for the feedback.

Since I'm not using any 404/* carrier (I'm on 262/02 vodafone.de, which isn't supported by the the vendor's blobs), I can't test myself, which makes debugging something between impossible and pain in the arse.

Considering all this, I suggest bringing up airtel and jio volte in the official los-16.0 thread, hoping to reach more airtel/jio users and eventually a dev on airtel/jio.

I'll happily add or change something for airtel/jio isers, but I've completely run out of ideas, other then those I've already tried.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/64mb...-OB_VoLTE-VoWiFi_Enabler_v1.0-signed.zip/file

I found this module on xda. The author does not describe how he did it. But this fixed VOLTE for me.
Do take a look and hopefully you will be able to fix this.

Reactions: nvertigo67

knpk13

Dec 11, 2015
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
I did not receive any feedback until your posting.

I use Jio too right now, and I reset network settings (like you asked us to) whenever you merge any volte commits. It hasn't worked till now, but I'll let you know if it does. I still need to test it on OOS. I suspect it doesn't work on OOS either since I bought the US model of the phone when I was in the US. Still don't really get why there's different regional models with bands as the only difference.

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
I'm using JIO and VoLTE works flawlessly for me. However, I've never seen the VoLTE indicator in status bar, and I honestly don't care as long as VoLTE works fine, but it works regardless.

rituj_b

Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2012
Jaipur
Do you say this module for oos on op2 makes volte on nlos-16.0 on op3/t working?
I found it in op3 forum.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3/how-to/x-s-s-s-t3858254/amp/

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

I'm using JIO and VoLTE works flawlessly for me. However, I've never seen the VoLTE indicator in status bar, and I honestly don't care as long as VoLTE works fine, but it works regardless.
Hmm. Weird. Mine shows call ended on Jio immediately. And airtel switched to 3g to make the call.

knpk13

Dec 11, 2015
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
@nvertigo67 I can confirm that Airtel Volte is working after flashing this magisk module!

I tried the module and it doesn't work for me, I'm guessing because US model, although mobile data works so idk. What model do you have? Did you do anything else to get it to work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191110-202928.jpg
    Screenshot_20191110-202928.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 212

Top Liked Posts