• Thread starter Deleted member 4405529
  • Start date
Search This thread

IonutGherman

Dec 16, 2014
Bucharest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 2 XL
Is your device entering deep sleep? If not: which wake locks are preventing deep sleep?

Did I really need to mention, that increasing the log buffer, only makes sense, if you het a log from the drainage? If so: After increasing the log buffer and rebooting, wait until the drainage shows (i.e. over night) and get a log from the clean flash (no otjer apps, then gapps pico or nano).
well, the fact is now that I am on OxygenOS 9.0.5 now. and I have the drainage here.

adriakus

Dec 26, 2015
Great work! Just what I was looking for.
I'm on lineage 16 (official), but I'd like to have some additional features. One of them is signature spoofing, so I can use microG.
Can LOS be updated to NLOS? If so, do you think that if I dirty flash the NLOS rom over the official lineage I'll get to keep all the data? What are the odds I'll have to ease it? It's my dad's phone and he doesn't want to go over the back up - restore process again haha.
Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 4405529

Great work! Just what I was looking for.
I'm on lineage 16 (official), but I'd like to have some additional features. One of them is signature spoofing, so I can use microG.
Can LOS be updated to NLOS? If so, do you think that if I dirty flash the NLOS rom over the official lineage I'll get to keep all the data? What are the odds I'll have to ease it? It's my dad's phone and he doesn't want to go over the back up - restore process again haha.
Any ideas?

You can try, but it's neither recommended, nor supported. If you dirty change from los to nlos and get any issues you are on your own. Don't report issues in this thread.

Clean flashing and restoring the data partition from a previous installation's setup is the same as dirty flashing - obviously. Clean flashing is needed to reset all settings and remove all apps including there data. I always recommend to use apps own backup/restore functions (where possible), i.e. I export the settings from k9, after clean flashing I import the settings inside k9 again. The same goes for nova. The only app I restore regulary after a clean flash is navigon, becaise of 6GB offline maps.

I've learned the hard way, that clean flashing and setting up tje device again is much less time comsuming, then dirty changing/migrating and hunting down issues later.

Reactions: thomasnsr

adriakus

Dec 26, 2015
You can try, but it's neither recommended, nor supported. If you dirty change from los to nlos and get any issues you are on your own. Don't report issues in this thread.

Clean flashing and restoring the data partition from a previous installation's setup is the same as dirty flashing - obviously. Clean flashing is needed to reset all settings and remove all apps including there data. I always recommend to use apps own backup/restore functions (where possible), i.e. I export the settings from k9, after clean flashing I import the settings inside k9 again. The same goes for nova. The only app I restore regulary after a clean flash is navigon, becaise of 6GB offline maps.

I've learned the hard way, that clean flashing and setting up tje device again is much less time comsuming, then dirty changing/migrating and hunting down issues later.

Yeah, I know. That's what I do. I even wipe clean and let android format the sd on my device every time I flash a new rom. This also helps me keep a long term settings and data back up in the event of a device lost or failure (...).

But it's my dad's we are talking about. And he wants to regain his privacy from Google and others with the minimum affect to his daily usage. And now he needs microG for some apps to work properly. The main priority was to be able to take good pictures, and gcam pretty neat (but it needs microG). Luckily, installing it, without signature spoofing, was enough. So he's happy now :D
So, I've heard lineage 17 (android 10) is about to go public (or is already published, I don't know the status). So I guess there is gonna be a lineage 17 for one plus 3T, eventually. Once this happens, do you plan on working on a NLOS for android 10, too? It'd be great. If so, I'll make him wait patiently for it to come and then we'll clean install it.

D

Deleted member 4405529

do you plan on working on a NLOS for android 10, too?

I don't know if and when, yet. I never ship roms without - at the very least - without selinux set to enforcing and hw encryption working. It's the same every year: when the rom is full featured and most issues are ironed out, everybody is searching for the next release... I love using nlos-16.0 and doesn't feel any hurry or need to change to q, yet.

adriakus

Dec 26, 2015
I don't know if and when, yet. I never ship roms without - at the very least - without selinux set to enforcing and hw encryption working. It's the same every year: when the rom is full featured and most issues are ironed out, everybody is searching for the next release... I love using nlos-16.0 and doesn't feel any hurry or need to change to q, yet.

These two are absolutely a must. And having a stable rom is always nice haha. I'm talking long term here. I'm using pie myself and have no intention to update to any time soon. They are releasing new android versions too often (so people have to renew their phones more often not to be left behind if using stock roms).
Updating to an other android version is an excuse to make him back up his data and upgrade to another rom.
But again, long long term. Eventually, the day will come. But it's not in the forseen calendar.
Thank you!

D

Deleted member 4405529

@nvertigo67 How to make IMS status as registered. Sorry for touching volte topic. IMS should be registered to make volte work. Thanks.

We've been there already. Compare oos' apns-conf.xml and nlos' apns-conf.xml, edit nlos' apns-conf.xml according to oos' apns-comf.xml, check permissions and selinux contexts, reboot, delete network settings and reboot again.

I've ask you to do that two times - this is the third time.

After a quick check I found the ims apn (at least) is missing. I can't test, if adding the ims apn is resolving the issue.

Please use the rom, you've mentioned in https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80634605&postcount=1164 which has volte working for 404/49 according to your post, or follow the directions in my previous postings.

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
Hello @nvertigo67
I'm experiencing the phone dying while in my pocket from last 3-4 days. No new app has been installed and no changes have been made. Ive taken logs using SysLog app and the last_kmsg option was greyed out when I started my phone by pressing power button for several seconds. I'm attaching the log here. If the phone dies next time in pocket, let me know if i can pull any log some other way to help you.

Attachments

• 2019-10-30_20.55.zip
    149.4 KB · Views: 4
D

Deleted member 4405529

Hello @nvertigo67
I'm experiencing the phone dying while in my pocket from last 3-4 days. No new app has been installed and no changes have been made. Ive taken logs using SysLog app and the last_kmsg option was greyed out when I started my phone by pressing power button for several seconds. I'm attaching the log here. If the phone dies next time in pocket, let me know if i can pull any log some other way to help you.

op3/t's kernels doesn't support last_kmesg since 14. Use /sys/fs/pstore instead. Keep in mind, that the content of /sys/fs/pstore needs to be copied on the very next reboot, otherwise it's gone. I.e.: if you boot to recovery after a crash, you need to copy pstore in this recovery session; if you tebot to system again, pstore has the logs for the rec9very session, not from the crash.

Sadly a logcat from after a reboot doesn't have any info on what happened before the reboot. :(
@All: does anybpdy expirience the issue @abhibnl has described? I'm using a flip cover, which may have saved me from the above.

Reactions: abhibnl

abhibnl

Oct 13, 2011
op3/t's kernels doesn't support last_kmesg since 14. Use /sys/fs/pstore instead. Keep in mind, that the content of /sys/fs/pstore needs to be copied on the very next reboot, otherwise it's gone. I.e.: if you boot to recovery after a crash, you need to copy pstore in this recovery session; if you tebot to system again, pstore has the logs for the rec9very session, not from the crash.

Sadly a logcat from after a reboot doesn't have any info on what happened before the reboot. :(

@All: does anybpdy expirience the issue @abhibnl has described? I'm using a flip cover, which may have saved me from the above.

Just to make sure I perform these steps correctly the next time my phone dies in pocket (I hope it won't). Once i force restart it, do I have to force reboot it into recovery directly or can i reboot it normally and then select recovery by pressing volume up button when prompted?
Once I am in recovery with the correct method, I'll copy the contents of /sys/fs/pstore

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Just to make sure I perform these steps correctly the next time my phone dies in pocket (I hope it won't). Once i force restart it, do I have to force reboot it into recovery directly or can i reboot it normally and then select recovery by pressing volume up button when prompted?
Once I am in recovery with the correct method, I'll copy the contents of /sys/fs/pstore
If your second option refers to pressing the volume key on the screen shown in the attachment, then, yes, both options are good.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

Attachments

• IMG_20191031_100756.jpg
    IMG_20191031_100756.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 273
D

Deleted member 4405529

It's just important, that it's the very next reboot. Some people think "very next reboot" as "next boot to system", which is NOT true. You van also boot ditectly to system and get pstore (if rooted), but it needs to be the very next reboot. I'm recommending recovery, because it doesn't needs root, but the only important point is: it must be taken on the very next reboot.

D

Deleted member 4405529

UPDATE (Airtel ims apns; maintainance)

Build 20191102

Note: 20191022 removed because of incomplete patching (curtent.pick.sh wasn't run). If you use 20191022 update as soon as possible to 20191024.

Releasenotes:

This build relies on OxygenOS firmware. OxygenOS 9.0.5 firmware is required. At this point you have two options:
  1. You don't care about loosing data on an unlocked bootloader and clean flash including format userdata according to the first time installation instructions in OP (recommended):
  2. You want to keep your current setup and like to dirty flash on top of beta builds:
    I've created a firmware package from OxygenOS 9.0.5. To avoid issues due to an unlocked bootloader and/or encrypted userdata partition, I've kept the bootloader and and keymaster partition to OxygenOS 5.0.8. This allows to run the pie-blobs builds with native Oneplus OxygenOS 9.0.5 blobs, but you don't need to reformat the userdata partition (for details see: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3t/how-to/guide-cope-9-0-3-5-0-8-firmware-barrier-t3941164 ).
If you need to pass safetynet api flash sec-patch-2019-08-01.zip from https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/one...-nlos-16-0-t3879405/post78433987#post78433987 .

For a complete list of additional cherry picks see: current.pick.sh.

Changelog (Last repo sync: 2 Nov 2019, 09:30:50 CET / 2 Nov 2019, 08:30:50 UTC):

• current.pick.sh: "APNs: add IMS APNs for Airtel [IN]". — Nvertigo
Note: if you want to test the new IMS apn for 404/* after a dirty flash (aka update), reset network setting and reboot to system!

NLOS-Bootlogo
nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip
back_in_black_bootlogo-v1.0.zip(pre ob16 OxygenOS Bootlogo)

[SIZE="+2"]DOWNLOAD[/SIZE]​

Happy flashing!

Top Liked Posts