[ROM]Sense 5.5 For the HTC EVO LTE - V4[Zoe][4/16/14]

Search This thread

chubbzlou

Jul 24, 2007
NYC
Ok guys here is Sense5.5 Rom that you guys been waiting on. This Rom took some time but thanks to Captain Throwback and his Pre Sprint 4.3 Sense5 Rom we got a working kernel and firmware.
Code:
*** Disclamer

I will NOT am not responsible if something happens to your device ***

Introduction
Download ROM & firmware+recovery file (if you previously ran the 4.13.651.3 RUU, only recovery needs to be flashed). Install firmware+recovery file via HBOOT or fastboot. This will update your HBOOT (2.10), your radio (1.13.11.1105) and some other important firmware bits, and install TWRP Recovery. This version of TWRP has been modified to accommodate the updated partition layout for this update. Make sure you remove or rename any PJ75IMG files from your external SD card after this step. Boot into recovery, and wipe all partitions except SD card. If there are errors, ignore them for now. Reboot recovery. Flash ROM zip via TWRP. If the TWRP gives an error and reboots, hold the volume down button to get back to the bootloader, boot back into recovery, and flash again. It *should* flash fine on the second attempt.

Firmware and recovery can be found here 4.13.651.3 Firmware/Recovery

Images
Screenshot-3_zpsae632460.png
Screenshot-2_zps23527be2.png
Screenshot-1_zps8b89662a.png

Download and Enjoy

Changelog
Code:
Current changelog: 04-16-2014
Zoe added along with proper 4.3 libs for features and functions
added etc/Bluetooth files from 3.17 for better connectivity
all playstore apks updated to current version
centered statusbar clock added
message popup feature added
additional edits and improvements for core phone functions
optimization of all system files

Code:
Changelog: 02-20-2014
Base updated to 4.13.651.3
Data Roaming option added
Roam Only mod added
DLNA Media Server Force Close fixed
Car app updated
Busybox updated to 1.21.0
Spanish language added back to HTC Keyboard
Flashlight toggle/Horizontal QS scrolling fixed
All Play Store APKs updated to latest versions

Code:
Changelog: 02-12-2014
Removed Location Icon 
Mod 1x/3G
Removed NFC Icon
Enable Horizontal Quick Settings
Added Launcher Menu 
Added APM (Advanced Power Menu)
Added LP Back Kill
Thanks To/Credits
Code:
tr1gg3r84 rom is located here [url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showread.php?t=2575766]HTC Mini One sense 5.5[/url]
Captain Throwback
Sinister 
everyone on XDA with there mods and guidance

XDA:DevDB Information
Sense 5.5 For the HTC EVO LTE, a ROM for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
chubbzlou, Sinistertensai, Captain_Throwback
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Firmware Required: 4.13.651.3
Based On: HTC ONE MINI

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-02-12

Created 2014-02-13
Last Updated 2014-04-16

Last edited:

Sinistertensai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 10, 2010
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6
DEV Stuffs

BEFORE POSTING
Read through the First and second post in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2661884 also suggest you read the last few pages too also search, Google is your friend. use it!

So you want this and that, here's how you can do it yourself.

toggles remove txt/tittle
decompile the systemui.apk and remove the <appname> strings in the toggle layout.xml.

adding a toggle to the themed bar
as for settings toggle via themed bar. its a little more tricky I'll look into it, but if youre interested in trying yourself, youll need to duplicate the stock settings toggle smali for the pquin toggles and create a directory for it, then also add the xml strings to include it plus icons and things like that. - I really dont wanna do all that work -Sin.

Make things faster and have better battery life
Decompile all the apks!
remove un-needed folders like values-ch (china)
recompile
profit
???

Features
Long press date area in statusbar for toggle layout to re-order. e.g pquin toggles will open the editor for that, the stock one opens, you guessed it. the stock one.

longpressing toggles (only the pquin ones) will launch the settings for that. so long press brightness toggles opens display settings.

on the lockscreen if you slide to the left from the right, you can add widgets.

signal bars represent data strength, to change this back to the old way check out this post by mmmmmmmma http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51226895&postcount=907

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
BUG LIST:

• 1x Mod not working (1x still shows as 3G)

COMPATIBLE MODS:

I think I'm going to use the rest of this post for my nuggets of knowledge that I pass along as people ask questions throughout the thread. I'll think I'll call it "Cap's Q&A"

So this works with the updated partitions correct? I just wanna make sure before I flash
yes you need the new firmware and recovery.

So initially the recovery from Captain had an issue with phone off charge boot to recovery and I never updated to the most recent build in his 4.3 will the one be okay?
its fine his old recovery will work.
Captain_Throwback adds: If you're still using the first build of recovery, your internal storage will get wiped when you wipe /data. Just do yourself a favor and update it.

Not that I want to try, but I always expect the question somewhere. Can I dirty flash from Sense 5.0?
No.

Does the Sense 5 toolbox work on this rom? I absolutely love the swipe up and down on homescreen options for the notification dropdown and and screen off
Yes.

Will flash in the morning either way, but does this include the Zoe functions?
no..

Can someone tell me if they have gotten xposed to install correctly? The app_process just will not take, the Xposedbridge.jar takes just fine though. Really fast Rom guys. Me likey....thanks
You have to flash SuperSU after the ROM so you have root.

Anyone that's not on the latest firmware/recovery already should probably read through my thread first.

Anyone dive into Exchange Security disable in this rom? Got one that works?

Thanks!
Captain_Throwback's response: I'm currently using this one, but this one might also work.

Same here. Also, anyone know if possible to disable the screenshot noise? I have all volumes turned down and it makes a shutter noise.
Not sure. I think this is like the camera shutter sound. There may not be an easy way to disable it.

Captain_Throwback said:
erockvr6 said:
Bluetooth does not auto connect to my car, nor does it access my phonebook even though it asks permission on the phone.
Do you have auto-pair set up in dock options? Do you have message access enabled in BT Settings? I haven't been out to my car to check this, so I can't confirm whether it works for me.

Captain_Throwback said:
erockvr6 said:
Is there a system wide color emoji option? (I know, insert teenage girl response) I assumed sense 5.5 had this, or can it be added? I do see an Androidemoji.ttf in fonts, however I'm sure that's not the only file that needs updated.
I don't use this, and cannot comment. I thought Emoji was more an International ROM thing - have Sprint ROMs ever had this?

Captain_Throwback said:
erockvr6 said:
One last thing is it normal to see /sdcard and /sdcard2 in root of device? I was under the impression internal memory was no longer seen as an SD card. TB shows 2.24gb System Rom and 12.4gb Internal, which is around the normal 14.xxx for 16gb of space.
Not sure where you got that impression. The whole point of the partition layout change was to combine the /data and /sdcard partitions into one and then emulate sdcard from /data/media. sdcard2 is still the external card. TB doesn't show the external card properly (at all), though. /data/media is symlinked to /sdcard, so you still have internal storage; it's just shared with the rest of /data now rather than separated onto another partition so that the space is optimized.

Captain_Throwback said:
Hey Capt- Thanks for a great Rom. Yes, I'm on the ROM now, and flashed the 2/09/14 firmware/recovery zip. After that I flashed the Rom. All went well. Yes, I'm so-off. But, TWRP still says no Rom/no root.
You sure you have the right TWRP? There aren't any errors in the TWRP log about being unable to mount /system? Did you follow the instruction to unlock your device w/HTCDev, since it shows as locked? That shouldn't have anything to do with this, but it will make sure fastboot is working properly. You're on HBOOT 2.10.0000, correct?

For the PJ75IMG firmware zip w/recovery included, do we rename the whole file to PJ5IMG.zip and flash in bootloader, or do we not have to rename it and just flash as is? Thank you.
The only way a file will be recognized by HBOOT is if it's named exactly PJ75IMG.zip. Only if you choose to flash via fastboot (RUU mode) does the zip name not matter.

Are you guys considering the video limit of MMS quality to be a bug? If so, are there plans to try and fix it. I was thinking it may be tackled when Sin gets Zoe added but I wasn't sure. I didn't see it listed in post 4 as a bug. I know Captain said you can bring over the camera.apk from Captain's Sense 5 4.3 rom, but I assume that means we'd lose the added features that are in the Sense 5.5 camera such as the ability to merge the continuous photos into one pic.
That camera app is different in that you have to select HD video and the resolution increases. Have you tried that already?

Also, I already updated the base with the Camera from Sense 5 so that all resolutions are supported. That's what the next version will have for maximum compatibility.

Hey Cap. So i looked thru the list of known issues in post 4.
The one I dont see is one that I have seen at least two other people report (counting me would be three).
Having issues with data dropping constantly.
Im sure its not Sprint related. Have a few friends with me that have sprint as well and their connection is solid.
Do you not consider this a bug due to it not being a universal issue for everyone?
Do you have any suggestions?
I have redownloaded and reinstalled the ROM already and still see the same issue.
Also done a PRL and profile update.
I noticed someone in your other thread drew out a long process that he tried to get this issue taken care of. Not sure if you would suggest that or not?
I would recommend doing a data refresh as is mentioned in the other thread if you're having data issues. I'm not listing it as a bug because as you said, it doesn't affect everyone. If it was affecting me, Sin or chubbz it would probably be considered a bug, but it isn't :rolleyes.
Captain_Throwback adds: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=50358090&postcount=513 (specifically the last sentence)

how do i get back to being able to flash other roms,,,,all the other roms i flash say fail,, only this one loads,,,,do i need to downgrade my hboot and firmware and ect??
Just run the official 3.17 RUU from HTC's website or run VipeRUU if you want to go back to a Sense 4 or AOSP ROM.

Last edited:

scataldo721

Dec 30, 2010
So this works with the updated partitions correct? I just wanna make sure before I flash

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Ok guys here is Sense5.5 Rom that you guys been waiting on. This Rom took some time but thanks to Captain Throwback and his Pre Sprint 4.3 Sense5 Rom we got a working kernel and firmware.
Code:
*** Disclamer

Introduction

Images

Download and Enjoy

Changelog
Code:
Current changelog: 02-12-2014
Removed Location Icon 
Mod 1x/3G
Removed NFC Icon
Added Launcher Menu 
Added LP Back Kill

Thanks To/Credits
Code:
tr1gg3r84 rom is located here [url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showread.php?t=2575766]HTC Mini One sense 5.5[/url]
Captain Throwback
Sinister 

Contributors
ROM Firmware Required: 4.13.651.1

Version Information

Created 2014-02-13
Last Updated 2014-02-12

So initially the recovery from Captain had an issue with phone off charge boot to recovery and I never updated to the most recent build in his 4.3 will the one be okay?

HTC Jewel Sense 5
Android 4.3
HBOOT 2.10 S-OFF

chubbzlou

Jul 24, 2007
NYC
Code:
*** Disclamer

Introduction

Images

Download and Enjoy

Changelog

HTC Jewel Sense 5
Android 4.3
HBOOT 2.10 S-OFF

Reactions: gstanke

drumwizard

Feb 3, 2013
So this is the 4.3 update that has been updated to sense 5.5?

And everything works?

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

numel007

Apr 22, 2011

scataldo721

Dec 30, 2010
Running really good so far no FC's it seems that there aren't any issues but I've only done some basic testing

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Not a deal breaker but there is no longer the option to have a different lockscreen wallpaper.

HTC Jewel Sense 5
Android 4.3
HBOOT 2.10 S-OFF

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    *** Disclamer

Introduction
    Download ROM & firmware+recovery file (if you previously ran the 4.13.651.3 RUU, only recovery needs to be flashed). Install firmware+recovery file via HBOOT or fastboot. This will update your HBOOT (2.10), your radio (1.13.11.1105) and some other important firmware bits, and install TWRP Recovery. This version of TWRP has been modified to accommodate the updated partition layout for this update. Make sure you remove or rename any PJ75IMG files from your external SD card after this step. Boot into recovery, and wipe all partitions except SD card. If there are errors, ignore them for now. Reboot recovery. Flash ROM zip via TWRP. If the TWRP gives an error and reboots, hold the volume down button to get back to the bootloader, boot back into recovery, and flash again. It *should* flash fine on the second attempt.

Firmware and recovery can be found here 4.13.651.3 Firmware/Recovery

Images

Download and Enjoy

Changelog
    Code:
    Current changelog: 04-16-2014
    Zoe added along with proper 4.3 libs for features and functions
    added etc/Bluetooth files from 3.17 for better connectivity
    all playstore apks updated to current version
    centered statusbar clock added
    message popup feature added
    additional edits and improvements for core phone functions
    optimization of all system files

Code:
    Changelog: 02-20-2014
    Base updated to 4.13.651.3
    Data Roaming option added
    Roam Only mod added
    DLNA Media Server Force Close fixed
    Car app updated
    Busybox updated to 1.21.0
    Spanish language added back to HTC Keyboard
    Flashlight toggle/Horizontal QS scrolling fixed
    All Play Store APKs updated to latest versions

Code:
    Changelog: 02-12-2014
    Removed Location Icon 
    Mod 1x/3G
    Removed NFC Icon
    Added Launcher Menu 
    Added LP Back Kill
    Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    Captain Throwback
    Sinister 

Contributors
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.13.651.3

Version Information

Created 2014-02-13
    Last Updated 2014-04-16
    so @chubbzlou is working on the beats stuff, im currently re optimizing the updated apks. just need to throw some tweaks in for under the hood stuff, and id say V4 is ready for release.
    BUG LIST:

• 1x Mod not working (1x still shows as 3G)

COMPATIBLE MODS:

I think I'm going to use the rest of this post for my nuggets of knowledge that I pass along as people ask questions throughout the thread. I'll think I'll call it "Cap's Q&A"

yes you need the new firmware and recovery.

Captain_Throwback adds: If you're still using the first build of recovery, your internal storage will get wiped when you wipe /data. Just do yourself a favor and update it.

Not that I want to try, but I always expect the question somewhere. Can I dirty flash from Sense 5.0?
    No.

Does the Sense 5 toolbox work on this rom? I absolutely love the swipe up and down on homescreen options for the notification dropdown and and screen off
    Yes.

Will flash in the morning either way, but does this include the Zoe functions?
    no..

Can someone tell me if they have gotten xposed to install correctly? The app_process just will not take, the Xposedbridge.jar takes just fine though. Really fast Rom guys. Me likey....thanks
    You have to flash SuperSU after the ROM so you have root.

Anyone that's not on the latest firmware/recovery already should probably read through my thread first.

Anyone dive into Exchange Security disable in this rom? Got one that works?

Thanks!
    Captain_Throwback's response: I'm currently using this one, but this one might also work.

Same here. Also, anyone know if possible to disable the screenshot noise? I have all volumes turned down and it makes a shutter noise.
    Not sure. I think this is like the camera shutter sound. There may not be an easy way to disable it.

Captain_Throwback said:
    erockvr6 said:
    Bluetooth does not auto connect to my car, nor does it access my phonebook even though it asks permission on the phone.
    Do you have auto-pair set up in dock options? Do you have message access enabled in BT Settings? I haven't been out to my car to check this, so I can't confirm whether it works for me.

Captain_Throwback said:
    erockvr6 said:
    Is there a system wide color emoji option? (I know, insert teenage girl response) I assumed sense 5.5 had this, or can it be added? I do see an Androidemoji.ttf in fonts, however I'm sure that's not the only file that needs updated.
    I don't use this, and cannot comment. I thought Emoji was more an International ROM thing - have Sprint ROMs ever had this?

Captain_Throwback said:
    erockvr6 said:
    One last thing is it normal to see /sdcard and /sdcard2 in root of device? I was under the impression internal memory was no longer seen as an SD card. TB shows 2.24gb System Rom and 12.4gb Internal, which is around the normal 14.xxx for 16gb of space.
    Not sure where you got that impression. The whole point of the partition layout change was to combine the /data and /sdcard partitions into one and then emulate sdcard from /data/media. sdcard2 is still the external card. TB doesn't show the external card properly (at all), though. /data/media is symlinked to /sdcard, so you still have internal storage; it's just shared with the rest of /data now rather than separated onto another partition so that the space is optimized.

Captain_Throwback said:
    Hey Capt- Thanks for a great Rom. Yes, I'm on the ROM now, and flashed the 2/09/14 firmware/recovery zip. After that I flashed the Rom. All went well. Yes, I'm so-off. But, TWRP still says no Rom/no root.
    You sure you have the right TWRP? There aren't any errors in the TWRP log about being unable to mount /system? Did you follow the instruction to unlock your device w/HTCDev, since it shows as locked? That shouldn't have anything to do with this, but it will make sure fastboot is working properly. You're on HBOOT 2.10.0000, correct?

For the PJ75IMG firmware zip w/recovery included, do we rename the whole file to PJ5IMG.zip and flash in bootloader, or do we not have to rename it and just flash as is? Thank you.
    The only way a file will be recognized by HBOOT is if it's named exactly PJ75IMG.zip. Only if you choose to flash via fastboot (RUU mode) does the zip name not matter.

Are you guys considering the video limit of MMS quality to be a bug? If so, are there plans to try and fix it. I was thinking it may be tackled when Sin gets Zoe added but I wasn't sure. I didn't see it listed in post 4 as a bug. I know Captain said you can bring over the camera.apk from Captain's Sense 5 4.3 rom, but I assume that means we'd lose the added features that are in the Sense 5.5 camera such as the ability to merge the continuous photos into one pic.
    That camera app is different in that you have to select HD video and the resolution increases. Have you tried that already?

Also, I already updated the base with the Camera from Sense 5 so that all resolutions are supported. That's what the next version will have for maximum compatibility.

Hey Cap. So i looked thru the list of known issues in post 4.
    The one I dont see is one that I have seen at least two other people report (counting me would be three).
    Having issues with data dropping constantly.
    Im sure its not Sprint related. Have a few friends with me that have sprint as well and their connection is solid.
    Do you not consider this a bug due to it not being a universal issue for everyone?
    Do you have any suggestions?
    I have redownloaded and reinstalled the ROM already and still see the same issue.
    Also done a PRL and profile update.
    I noticed someone in your other thread drew out a long process that he tried to get this issue taken care of. Not sure if you would suggest that or not?
    I would recommend doing a data refresh as is mentioned in the other thread if you're having data issues. I'm not listing it as a bug because as you said, it doesn't affect everyone. If it was affecting me, Sin or chubbz it would probably be considered a bug, but it isn't :rolleyes.
    Captain_Throwback adds: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=50358090&postcount=513 (specifically the last sentence)

how do i get back to being able to flash other roms,,,,all the other roms i flash say fail,, only this one loads,,,,do i need to downgrade my hboot and firmware and ect??
    Just run the official 3.17 RUU from HTC's website or run VipeRUU if you want to go back to a Sense 4 or AOSP ROM.
    Let me leave this here

Screenshot-2_zpsf3f6846f.png
    [/URL]
    V4
    Added proper libs and files for beats, including semi boom sound. This means your device speaker will sound a lot louder.
    I've optimized every file in the system for better performance. As always no eta.