[ROM] Senseless Energy 2.3.5 Sense(less) 3.5 -Themed and Tweaked!

Search This thread

klund29078

Jan 27, 2013
By the way, the version of seeder included in the ROM is old. I recommend going to the thread linked in the op and getting the latest version. It's 2.0.0.

I updated Seeder.

I also found in the holo launcher settings, the setting "Keep in memory" was unchecked. So I checked it. I haven't had a problem yet. I'm assuming this creates a cache of the launcher home settings or something? Whatever though, seems to be fixed!

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
I updated Seeder.

I also found in the holo launcher settings, the setting "Keep in memory" was unchecked. So I checked it. I haven't had a problem yet. I'm assuming this creates a cache of the launcher home settings or something? Whatever though, seems to be fixed!

That option makes sure that when you're low on memory, the OS kills other apps first before killing the launcher

Reactions: klund29078

junpei1337

Oct 14, 2011
Jackson,MI
First off this ROM is really nice. Love the aosp feel and presence of sense features. Small issue though, I have voicemail notification that won't go away. Tried redownloading/reflashing, deleted all my voice mails, even tried clearing data for VM app and uninstalling, but it is still there. Any help would be appreciated.
Running the updated version 2

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
*From the OP, "This ROM gets texts from 9016 to let you know you have voicemail. If you text "block 9016" to 9999 you will get a text back from 9999 saying "SprintFreeMsg: Text messages from (and to) '9016' are now blocked" and that takes care of it". However it may not work. I found a fix a while back but I never persued it. I'll revisit this when I get home but our internet has been down...

jdjohn

Dec 16, 2012
Nashville, TN
First off this ROM is really nice. Love the aosp feel and presence of sense features. Small issue though, I have voicemail notification that won't go away. Tried redownloading/reflashing, deleted all my voice mails, even tried clearing data for VM app and uninstalling, but it is still there. Any help would be appreciated.

I just reflashed this fresh last night and think I know what you're seeing. After the initial text msgs as already mentioned, it wants you to update to a new version of VM, and maybe that's what you're seeing??? I had that as well, went ahead and updated, and it seems fine now.

Reactions: junpei1337

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
Well I tried the fix I mentioned earlier but it didn't do anything. From what I've read the problem is in the Phone.apk so if someone would try taking the phone.apk from Legendary-Infamous, Legendary, MikRunny or newRUNNY and replacing the one in this using es file explorer or the like then booting into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik-cache 3x and rebooting, that may fix it. If you do this please report back what your result is. I'd do it myself but I don't have time right now.

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
I just reflashed this fresh last night and think I know what you're seeing. After the initial text msgs as already mentioned, it wants you to update to a new version of VM, and maybe that's what you're seeing??? I had that as well, went ahead and updated, and it seems fine now.

What he's refering to is when someone leaves a message, the app tells you there is a message but you also recieve a text message telling you there is a message.

junpei1337

Oct 14, 2011
Jackson,MI
It is actually from the first boot, notification has VM icon. It says I have 1 new voicemail dial(my number to listen). If the apk swap you mentioned may help I can try. Tried updating VM but still there. Weird....

Last edited:

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
It is actually from the first boot, notification has VM icon. It says I have 1 new voicemail dial(my number to listen). If the apk swap you mentioned may help I can try. Tried updating VM but still there. Weird....

When you boot for the first time, the vm app connects to sprint and once that connection is made you recieve I think its 2 messages letting you know about the connection

Edit: I'll be home again late tonight and see if I can put together a flashable zip that'll work. If it does then I'll put together a new update as well for this and Energy.

Last edited:

junpei1337

Oct 14, 2011
Jackson,MI
Thats why I'm confused. I am used to those showing up on new ROMs. They come up and go away but this one persists. Won't let me upload pic from mobile.

Last edited:

jdjohn

Dec 16, 2012
Nashville, TN

You're dialing in, but are you also opening the app and looking in your inbox? I have had it happen where no vm on dial-in check, but still the message is in my inbox in the app, and has to be deleted from there to remove the notification.

klund29078

Jan 27, 2013
Well I tried the fix I mentioned earlier but it didn't do anything. From what I've read the problem is in the Phone.apk so if someone would try taking the phone.apk from Legendary-Infamous, Legendary, MikRunny or newRUNNY and replacing the one in this using es file explorer or the like then booting into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik-cache 3x and rebooting, that may fix it. If you do this please report back what your result is. I'd do it myself but I don't have time right now.

I tried the phone.apk from newRunny and it is still getting the ever-annoying text message from 9016 //Android. You think it could be the visual voicemail app?

Edit: I tried to install the voicemail app from newRunny and still got the same results (even after that app updated).

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18825015&postcount=7

Do you think this will work?

Edit: Tried installing MMS.apk from newRunny and still same result. Grrr. It's not a huge deal to me, because I don't get a lot of voicemails. Just bugs me when I can't fix/help fix things

Last edited:

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T

I was thinking, if what you want is sense 3.5/AOSP, you can go to my WIP Legendary Speedy ROM. DL one of the two options at the end of the OP. Delete every apk in the system/app folder that starts with "HTC" and ends with "widget", Rosie and SystemUI. Copy the SystemUI from Senseless Energy and the Holo apk into the system/app folder zip it up and see what happens. Just an idea. Now back to sleep.
Or just dl a different launcher from the play store...

junpei1337

Oct 14, 2011
Jackson,MI
Only played with it a little but runs great. Will let you know more later thank you though. Also the boot animation rocks

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

And I can't thank you enough for cooking that up for me. That was awesome of you

Reactions: Chad The Pathfinder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Senseless Energy

This is my Energy port. Gingerbread 2.3.5 Sense 3.5 with the Sense widgets and Rosie removed while maintaining the Sense apps like email, mms, sms, people etc. I made this for myself when I was putting an update together for Energy and messed up Rosie. I liked it so much I thought I would share. :)
    Original Rom is here.

ROM Features:
    Holo Launcher
    Seeder
    Wifi Teather
    Custom Wall Papers
    Sense 3.0 Lock screen
    Roam only option
    A2SD GUI
    And much more...

Bugs:
    The voice dialer hangs on some bluetooth devices.
    Some of the things in the Control Panel aren't working.
    *In version 1, the lock screen style changer causes bootloops, the rosie options do not work (because there is no rosie in this) the font changer is empty and the Spare parts option is unavailable. If there is a lot of interest in these features I'll see what I can do about fixing them.
    *In version 2 anything rosie related doesn't work (again because there is no rosie)
    *(FIXED 3/27/2013) This ROM gets texts from 9016 to let you know you have voicemail. If you text "block 9016" to 9999 you will get a text back from 9999 saying "SprintFreeMsg: Text messages from (and to) '9016' are now blocked" and that takes care of it.
    *The Scene and skin options are not working in system/personalize.
    *When fixing the phantom voicemail text message issue, I some how broke the weather app. All of the widgets and apps that use it still work but the weather app itself FCs when you try to access it.

Thanks to NRGZ28 for all of his awesome work with his Energy ROM and to all of the folks here at XDA who have been teaching me.

Change log:
    3/27//2013 Changed the notifications wallpaper to white to see the text better. FIXED the phantom vm notification text message issue!
    1/23/2013 Changed some icons in version 2 to give the status bar a more AOSP look using parts from Eclipse and CM7.

Flash at your own risk!
    Disclaimer: Flash at your own risk!
    *It is important to note that there may be additional issues I don't know about and as I am a truck driver, not a programmer I may or may not be able to fix things.
    Everyone is encouraged to do what ever you like with anything I post.

Instructions:
    Download to PC and put on the root of sd card
    Make a Nandroid (back up) of your current ROM
    Wipe Dalvic Cache 3x
    Format System 3x
    Wipe Data/Factory Reset 3x
    Flash and enjoy

Downloads:
    HERE

------------------------------------
    Ok. I'll update the OP when I get a little more time but here is an update. What I did was themed my Senseless-Legendary Speedy ROM I posted a page or two back to look as much like Energy as I could. The best thing is, NO PHANTOM VOICEMAIL TEXT NOTIFICATION! Please let me know what you all think.

http://d-h.st/OUT

P.S. the native screenshot function does work.
    Here is a patch that will give you a white notifications pull down menu and some cool effects switching between apps. Just flash in recovery. http://d-h.st/Fgb
    I know you guys hate it when we do that. :) I think it is restoring the apps that causes the problem in this case. I restore 'data' for call log,SMS/MMS history, and bookmarks. When I do that first and reboot, all is fine. But when I do that and then restore apps and then reboot, it gets stuck. I was only doing apps (not apps and data), but it must not like one of the apps even without data. NBD since I can redownload the apps. One is a live wallpaper, then also WeatherBug, What'sAppMessenger, and WordsWithFriends.

BTW, I'm having to reinstall A2SD through TermEmul after each time I flash. During that process, it gives me several FC messages as A2SD tries to move things. I just approve the FC as they popup, and it works eventually, but just FYI.

You get the force closes when running "a2sd reinstall" if one of the apps you moving is running. It has to close the app to move it.
    http://d-h.st/1Cz I threw this together this morning before I left home. It's senseless Legendary. (Not Legendary-Infamous). All I tested is that it boots...

Edit: Let me know what you think. We can make adjustments here and there...