Q: How do I install the rom?!
A: (Thanks to anarchychris for putting these together)
ViperXL Install Instructions
- Download the the latest ViperXL full ROM zip from the download section
- Place the file somewhere on your phone storage
- Confirm the MD5 on the download page matches the MD5 of the file on your phone (ES File Explorer will show the MD5 of the file)
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery
- Backup current ROM if desired
- Install ROM using TWRP and select wipe during aroma install if coming from another base
- If you have 1.14 hboot you may need to flash the boot.img in fastboot (ViperXL is fastboot 1.14 friendly but in some cases you will need to manually install the Boot.img). You will need to extract the Boot.img from the ROM zip.
- Reboot and Enjoy
- The following tool is useful for installing Boot.img: [TOOL] HTC Auto Boot.img Installer (One Click Tool)
- If you would like to downgrade hboot refer to the details on the following thread: [HBOOT, eMMC][11/14/2012] JET - The Jewel/Evita Toolkit
- If you would like S-Off refer to the details in the following thread: [S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA
Q: I have a problem with the ROM (FC, Boot Loop, apps closing automatically). How can I get my problem resolved?
A: First things first. Try wiping data and replicating the issue:
- Rebooting into Recovery
- Perform a Nandroid backup (of just Data if you wish)
- Flash the ROM and select the option to "Wipe Data"
- Try replicating the issue
If the problem persists, capture a logcat and send it to me.
To capture a logcat, If you have fastboot setup, you already have the drivers installed and probably already have adb.exe in the same folder as fastboot.exe:
- Open the Command Prompt (run it as Administrator if UAC is enabled in Windows)
- run adb logcat >c:\logcat.txt
- If it's just not booting, let it run for about 20 seconds. If it's a FC, replicate the FC in this step
- Press Control-C to stop logging
- Paste the contents of c:\logcat.txt into http://pastebin.com
- Post the link here with the problem being experienced
- Hopefully, I'll have a fix available (assuming I'm not too busy) that others can benefit from.
Q: Whats the md5 sum thing?
A: It ensures, that the rom is downloaded correctly and completly to avoid weird issues when installing/using the rom. Google for "md5 sum checker" and you should find what you need.
Q: I found a theme or mod, will it work on this rom?
A: It's NOT recommended to use mod/themes that dont clearly state, that they are compatible with our rom. Thems/Mods always use framework files which will brake mods/stuff in our rom.
Q: My question is not listed here, what to do?
A: Ensure you used the xda search, google and your brain before asking a question in the thread. If you cant find an answer yourself we will answer your question for sure! (-:
Q: My media (pictures, music, etc.) is not listed in the Gallery/HTC Music/etc.
A: Try rescanning your SDCARD by using an app such as Media Scanner
Q: What are the correct sizes for the App drawer and notfication pulldown background?
A: Try 720x1280.
Q: What are the correct sizes for custom carrier logo?
A: Try 100x100