[ROM][September 4] Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0 [ICS / CM9.1 stable]

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
U have the search key to ics recent app mod in this rom? Does this Rom have Chinese input? Does it have the dock(soft key) like In the aokp Rom?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
U have the search key to ics recent app mod in this rom? Does this Rom have Chinese input? Does it have the dock(soft key) like In the aokp Rom?

It's a version of the Recent App mod modified to retain the Search key through the long-press.

I'm not sure what you mean by dock as I don't run AOKP, but likely not as it's CM9 based.

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
It's a version of the Recent App mod modified to retain the Search key through the long-press.

I'm not sure what you mean by dock as I don't run AOKP, but likely not as it's CM9 based.
The dock I mean was like the galaxy nexus soft key, (back,home and recent app)

etp23

May 4, 2011
el paso texas
Flashed this over latest cm9 and worked nothings gone well wen the come out with the ics reloaded mod for the notification bar will it work on this or it it andramaudes based??

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

magic_android

Jan 10, 2012
Melbourne
Yes you released it! :D! Seriously, congratulations on all your hard work! I'm really glad to see your work come so far. Also the other things on the "to do list" are really good ideas too. I would love to have GB style app switching on this ROM, i find the native ICS task switcher to be too slow at times.

It's so good to see real creative drive coming back to the HTC Vision now :). This will be the first ROM i flash once i have time again after my exams. Once again, good on you blk_jack for all your amazing work!

Edit: One suggestion i have continually forgotten to mention is to add the option of applying Edkeys' radio-related patches as an option during the install process. I think a lot of people use those patches and they do seem to be useful . Anyway that's just my little suggestion, keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Hai_Duong

Feb 20, 2011
Göppingen
Thank u for this awesome ROM :D Its very smooth but compared to UI Tablet b38 ROM battery drain is quite High can u import there Kernel here or do a battery tweak/mod ??

I use the app Battery Drain to see how high the drain is.

Display On with wifi:
-Mimicry ROM: 18%-21%
-UI Tablet MOD B38 ROM: 6%-10%

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Thank u for this awesome ROM :D Its very smooth but compared to UI Tablet b38 ROM battery drain is quite High can u import there Kernel here or do a battery tweak/mod ??

I use the app Battery Drain to see how high the drain is.

Display On with wifi:
-Mimicry ROM: 18%-21%
-UI Tablet MOD B38 ROM: 6%-10%

If the battery stats haven't been wiped since you flashed that may be the issue. I get 1-2% an hour idle and 5-6hours screen on time. Simply put, very good battery for ICS roms on our device.

palmwangja

Feb 20, 2008
Wow, this ROM looks promising, thanks!

Does this rom read "my phone number" out correctly from configuration (settings - about phone - status)? one of my apps requests that... and it's critical.

wolek76

Jun 7, 2009
london
Finally, an ICS ROM that makes me want to flash it (even though I do prefer sense... ), thank you :)
May I suggest though that you'd provide MD5 check sums, just to avoid issues with bad downloads etc...
Another question is, do I have to flash gapps after install since you have provided it? or is that an option?
Also, perhaps a stupid question, but will this install do anything to my SD card? I dont fancy moving 26GB of data (never used supercharger or swap, and I'm worried it would ask to format/convert my card?)
Thanks for reading :)

fr3akBut

Dec 24, 2010
Loughborough
Excellent work, I would love to try this ROM.

I have a feature request (although it probably won't be popular). Would it be possible to get this rom as a zip with the boot, system, and data .img's so people with fried emmc's can extract it to sdcard and boot with 'fastboot boot boot.img'?

I have tried using bootmanager to create the .img's from cm9 / andro, but the resulting files fail to boot.

Sorry if it's a little OT, but congratulations on a very nice looking ROM, and a very professional OP, and development process.

J-Hop2o6

Aug 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Wow, this ROM looks promising, thanks!

Does this rom read "my phone number" out correctly from configuration (settings - about phone - status)? one of my apps requests that... and it's critical.
Yes. If it doesn't, add it yourself: Phone app>*menu button*>Options>Additional Settings>My Phone Number

Finally, an ICS ROM that makes me want to flash it (even though I do prefer sense... ), thank you :)
May I suggest though that you'd provide MD5 check sums, just to avoid issues with bad downloads etc...
Another question is, do I have to flash gapps after install since you have provided it? or is that an option?
Also, perhaps a stupid question, but will this install do anything to my SD card? I dont fancy moving 26GB of data (never used supercharger or swap, and I'm worried it would ask to format/convert my card?)
Thanks for reading :)
If u want google apps (including play store), then yes u will have to flash gapps.
No, it will not do anything to your sd card or anything additional other than flashing the rom+gapps from the sd card.

Reactions: palmwangja

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
Finally, an ICS ROM that makes me want to flash it (even though I do prefer sense... ), thank you :)....
I made the switch from sense, the only thing i miss really is the clock widget (although Fancy Widgets will cater for that) and the friendstream widget (yet to find something like it, suggestions anyone?).

This ROM is working well so far, tons of customising options etc... good work to all.

EDIT:: One suggestion for the ROM, bearing in mind I have been out of the loop for a while with this stuff but..., On previous ROMs I used (Virtuous) using OCUV Beater 2 1.7 I had the option to UV or OV aswell as the virtuous OC option (which is in this ROM....good stuff). Is this a big issue to add??

Last edited:

Pantherx12

Jan 12, 2011
Whats the camera preview like on this rom ( find it incredibly blurry on all other ICS roms)

Pictures would be lovely if anyone has any.

Mirko935

Dec 17, 2008
Zagreb
Flashed this without a full wipe over jerl92's CM9 and it works a treat, also seems to be a little smoother.

A problem I encountered is that the phone freezes almost immediately if I put the CPU clock to 1.7 or 1.8 GHz. I suppose you set lower voltages than him. It doesn't matter much, though, since I won't be running it that high, just thought you should know.

Also, the wake CRT animation doesn't always work, but I've seen it in MexDroid too, so I guess it's an Andromadus problem.

Regarding the Quick Torch, maybe you could make an option to let it run until it gets turned off manually instead of shutting it off as soon as the power button is released. I think I'd find it more useful that way.

All in all, it seems like a great ROM. Thumbs up.