[ROM] [ serrano 3G & LTE ] AICP 12.1 - N7.1.x_rXx | OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES

Search This thread

R-TEAM

Apr 29, 2011
mmhh . o.k. ... i try TubeMate und the downloadable kernel audiutor-mod apk - on both (if i use Total Commander with root or the built in file browser) i get on german "Beim Parsen des Pakets ist ein Problem aufgetreten" ....
The settings on "allow install from unsecure sources" dont matter - even with this "off" the same error msg appear ...
Have the ROM nightly 20171008 installed with Remix-kernel CM14-v.18LTE and SuperSU-v2.82 ZIP ....

wartomato

mmhh . o.k. ... i try TubeMate und the downloadable kernel audiutor-mod apk - on both (if i use Total Commander with root or the built in file browser) i get on german "Beim Parsen des Pakets ist ein Problem aufgetreten" ....
The settings on "allow install from unsecure sources" dont matter - even with this "off" the same error msg appear ...
Have the ROM nightly 20171008 installed with Remix-kernel CM14-v.18LTE and SuperSU-v2.82 ZIP ....
We checked again last night. With stock kernel, latest build, with and without the: Es ging, glaub mir... ;)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using XDA Labs

R-TEAM

Apr 29, 2011
Hey Hey - I believe you already ..... but why can I then no app outside the playstore install ..?
Can this be due to the I / O behavior? (algorithm / buffer) (set by kernel auditor-mod ..)
Am otherwise quite at a loss ..... (also the location of the apk datai makes no difference - whether on the external SD or in the download directory of the internal memory ..)
Hatt before some time still works .... (~ 3-4 months)
-> (Mod edit - google translate)

He he - ich glaub dir schon ..... aber warum kann ich dann keine app auserhalb vom playstore installieren ..?
Kann das an einstellungen des I/O verhaltens liegen ? (algorithmus/buffer) (über kernel auditor-mod eingestellt ..)
Bin ansonsten recht ratlos ..... (auch der ort der apk datai macht kein unterschied - egal ob auf der externen SD oder im download verzeichniss des internen speichers ..)
Hatt vor einiger zeit noch funktioniert ....(~3-4 monate)

Last edited by a moderator:

dddinu

Nov 21, 2016
Not that issue, but I added the clock to not be battery optimized...

Guys in the official lineage thread had delayed alarm issues some weeks ago. arco did some stuff to (probably) fix it. A starting point is here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73725037&postcount=1863
Then going BACKWARDS in that thread.

I tried to take off apps from the doze list, but no luck; anyway, from what I gather the doze functionality regards just push messages, not internal ones? Anyway, this morning, the 8AM alarm rang at 10:30 (probably the phone was woken up by some other app). MaChiMiB, from what you posted it looks like it's kernel related? I could try some different kernel.

dddinu

Nov 21, 2016
Broken hw buttons

This happened after the last upgrade and once again some time ago (so I don't think it's specific). Fix was to restore backup and upgrade again.
The home and on/off button are broken in a weird way:
- Home button doesn't trigger launcher home; but long pressing home does trigger the task manager app; however, the app list is empty in it at all times
- On/off button doesn't trigger some behaviors (such as end call), but does trigger sleep/wake up
Before restoring from backup, is this a known problem that can be fixed simpler?

Later edit: here's THE FIX:
I managed to fix this starting with instructions from https://www.xda-developers.com/broken-navigation-bar-lock-screen-ota-update/
However:
In the state the phone was in, Developer Options were disabled and so was ADB debugging; I had not installed a shell app and Play Store install was also disabled.
The way I managed to fix it is this:
- (repeat multiple times until it succeeds): reboot with the phone connected to USB. On the PC, repeatedly run "adb shell settings put global device_provisioned 1". You need to hit a sweet spot in the boot process between getting
1) "error: no devices/emulators found",
2) "Error while accessing settings provider",
3) here's the sweet spot, command will complete without error,
4) "error: no devices/emulators found"
Once you manage to run that (took me about 3 tries), seems developer options unlock;
Then, enable dev options by clicking a lot of times on "Build umber" from Settings -> About phone;
Then, go to developer Settings -> Developer options and enable ADB interface;
Then you are able to run the seccond command: "adb shell settings put secure user_setup_complete 1" to unbreak everything.

Note this was trial&error and only succeeded once, so maybe you need to experiment with these operations... Time of completion: ~15 min excluding the research.

If you have a shell app already installed, seems the problem is much more easier to fix, just run:
su settings put global device_provisioned 1
su settings put secure user_setup_complete 1

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryu--X and nussbaum

wmiki75

Oct 27, 2011

wartomato

Thanks wartomato!
I tried the aicp_serranoltexx_mm-11.0-NIGHTLY-20170218.zip, and it seems fast!
But i have some bug, in this ROM.
- In some app, the text rows are duplicated.
- Some app (TV24) stopeed, and exit.
Have you other version (older, or newer) from aicp_serranoltexx_MM-11?
I want a try with it.
Hi,
Actually...no.
This build was made almost 3 months after we changed officially to Nougat and our sources were only updated one time after that build, so even our sources are "old" by now. :(
Sorry.

Reactions: wmiki75

wmiki75

Oct 27, 2011
:(
In your pervious comment i found an older version.
aicp_serranoltexx_mm-11.0-UNOFFICIAL-20160914.zip
But no other MM :( I must to go Android 7?

kullino

Feb 15, 2013
Hello,

in the last three weeks i sometimes get the message: Cam error. No connnection to cam.

Only a reboot (full or warmstart) helps. Problem of the rom or maybe is my phone damaged?

kullino

Feb 15, 2013
Hi,

a few days ago i had the same problem while using papercam. Sometimes the error apears after the first picture.
I use dark frenzy kernel v19.

The very first time i had the error message was when i try out oreo rom. I thought it was only a problem of this rom, so came back to 7.1.2 and around one week later have the same issuse is.

Btw, whats about aicp @oreo? Still working at the rom?

Last edited:

wartomato

Hi,

a few days ago i had the same problem while using papercam. Sometimes the error apears after the first picture.
I use dark frenzy kernel v19.

The very first time i had the error message was when i try out oreo rom. I thought it was only a problem of this rom, so came back to 7.1.2 and around one week later have the same issuse is.

Btw, whats about aicp @oreo? Still working at the rom?
Es ist auf der Liste, ja... ;)
Wird aber dauern.

Can you please log the error if possible and post the log? Thanks.

kullino

Feb 15, 2013
Hello,

google and found an app. I changed only show errors. Is it normal that there are so many? The last error appears every few seconds.
Screenshot_20180111-072858.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180111-072858.png
    Screenshot_20180111-072858.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 373

wartomato

Hello,

google and found an app. I changed only show errors. Is it normal that there are so many? The last error appears every few seconds.
Well, we got the "log that ****" option in aicp extras for the same purpose. If you want to see the log, matlog is the best app I know.
And no, it is not normal but errors happen on many occasions on the ROM, yes. Most of them you will not notice. Yours are mostly permission errors. They tend to come up then not properly rooted for example. Sometimes using a custom kernel too...
That's why we need always a bit more Infos like custom kernel and used root method...

scheibengardine

Feb 24, 2018
Hi,

I have a GT-I9195 and want to flash this Rom, but from the offical AICP site all 12.1 Builds are removed and only 13.1 Builds are aviable, but AICP 13.1 isn´t offically aviable for the S4 Mini yet. Is there a possibility to still download the latest AICP 12.1 Build? It would be nice if someone could give a link.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

scheibengardine

Feb 24, 2018
Thanks a lot!
I don´t have time to try it at the moment, but im sure it will work for me. I only use the device as Music Player. So it should not matter if there are some bugs.

Best Greets!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GhQyhHk.png
    AICP​
    Android Ice Cold Project​

AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, Rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development then (but made a comeback by now), we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features. Since CM changed to LineageOS in 2017, our base remain LineageOS (LOS).

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LOS team, if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn't LOS supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

3ueQ7DH.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:
    • CM team and esp to the great @arco68. Thank You Arne !!!
    • @f4k for his great work with kernel and the permissions for using it - Thanx Man :)
    • maxwen
    • SlimBean rom team
    • CarbonRom team
    • LiquidSmooth rom team
    • Omni rom team
    • DU team
    • Community

ISn0uXd.png

• @LorD ClockaN
    • @zipsnet
    • @n3ocort3x
    • @semdoc
    • @eyosen
    • @alienmind
    • @Chezbel
    • @Drgravy
    • @eboye

K2p0Hv4.png

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

3U7XWsV.png

Latest Stable Release Version 12.1

Download link: goo.gl/mIgmYG

VTVKEeK.png

Full Changelog link: goo.gl/mIgmYG

b5b2bXK.png
    • Don't disable Heads-Up. You wont be able to answer phone calls otherwise.
    • You tell... :p

kfCXFCX.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Nougat. Only thing that is needed additionally is a root soultion, if you want this! Simply download the latest ROM, GApps, root soultion, flash it, and go!
    You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

Addition for installing root on builds after 17/06/14:
    CHANGES (READ THIS BEFORE FLASHING!)

YES. AICP is going to build rootless builds.
    This change will happen during a short period of time.

I could explain the decision for that,
    but that would not be understandable for all users, so i put it this way...

Going rootless means that the ROM will NOT come with any Root or SU built in anymore.
    There will be no Magisk - as a buildin root solution - be provided when the user flashes the ROM zip file.

What you will have to do (If you don't do it by now):
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You will have to flash a root solution of your choice (lineage-su addon, SuperSU or Magisk) by yourself after the ROM.
    I will link the appropriate solutions here in this post.

REMEMBER:
    First flash the ROM, then your desired root solution!
    This MUST also be done on every dirty flash to ensure root is not lost!
    This MUST be done, when using the OTA app too! Just add the "root" zipfile after the ROM!

What will be noticeable to the user:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. We had to cut out some features for getting this done. Those are:
    a. The SELinux switch in the dev options is gone for now.
    This can also be done by other apps, if necessary.
    b. The feature to flash another bootanimation from AICP Extras is gone.
    You can still use a flashable ZIP from TWRP or Substratum.
    c. The builtin logcat feature in AICP Extras will be gone.
    Most users did not use it either as it only can store max. 400KB.
    We already advised to use Catlog or Syslog Apps (both free on Play store).
    Remember that both need root!
    d. The builtin "System app remover" will be gone, as it required root to run.
    2. You will, of course, not see Magisk Manager in the app folder, of course.
    3. Remember that without a root solution some other apps e.g. Kernel Audiutor will also not work.

Whatever you choose. Lineage SU options are in dev options in settings. The others use separate Apps.

Links to tested root solutions (download from the thread):
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Magisk (remember that v12 need the Manager to be flashed separately. v13 will have it buildin the flashable ZIP:
    Magisk Official
    Magisk beta

SuperSU (Use whatever works for you, stable or beta):
    SuperSU stable
    SuperSU beta

Lineage SU-addon (check your needed version 14.1 arm or arm64!):
    LineageOS su-addons for 14.1
    -> the removal zip is available here too.

How to flash:

• Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!
    • TWRP is the recommended custom recovery (and needed for OTA Updates)
    • 1. full wipe
    • 2. flash ROM
    • 3. flash GApps
      (The ROM has GApps persistance in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!)
    • 4. flash root solution of your choice (SuperSU, Magisk or whatever you want)

KERNEL:

AICP for serrano3gxx and serranoltexx was powered with @f4k kernel on MM and now uses LOS stock kernel on N. So expect the best regarding performance, battery life and performance!
    IF you want, you can try the Remix Kernel available on XDA.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
    To be able to flash over OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed.
    You can still use CWM and OTA app, but only to download zip file and flash it manually from within recovery. The ROM Zip gets saved under AICP_ota folder on your internal SDcard.

Please be sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery.
    For current builds of Nougat (AICP 12.1) please use the versions from here (thx to @ne0zone75):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678420

AICP supports F2FS for /data & /cache since MM. So enjoy the F2FS smoothness thanx to @f4k !!!!

If you want to contribute to the AICP or want see what is being worked on or merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit Review system (link is at the bottom!!!)

F6DLgPu.png

AICP G+ community

kernel github
    rom gerrit

You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [ serrano 3G & LTE ] AICP 12.1 - N7.1.x_rXx | OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    semdoc, wartomato, DarkExistence, Lord CloCKaN
    Source Code: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/?device=serrano3gxx

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 12.1
    Stable Release Date: 2016-11-04

Created 2015-02-10
    Last Updated 2017-08-12
    Reserved

How to Convert your Ext SD Card into Semi Portable Storage?

STDt4vN.png
    s6Y4wKS.png

I have converted my ext sdcard into semi portable storage as you can see above.

Benifits (8gb adopted storage+21Gb Portable Storage) out of 32GB ext sdcard Class 10

1. i have 8GB (internal)+ 8GB(external) now for apps to move around
    2. i can still remove the sdcard and transfer files directly to the sdcard 2nd partition of 21GB from PC

i followed the following guide by Sam Liddicott here is the link.

Code:
    http://blog.sam.liddicott.com/2016/02/android-6-semi-adopted-storage.html

if ADB commands dont work from pc . try mounting all partitions from TWRP recovery that worked for me

i am on the latest build of this rom
    MM Nightlies started. New nightly will out with F2FS support for data & cache (as always)..

If you are on my unofficial builds, OTA may skip you... So please check AICP Download page yourself...

You can flash Nightly dirty - just for the records..

So .. Enjoy :p
    After looooong time.... As you probably noticed...

10.0 Stable is on the way !!!

10.0 Stable Features:
    • Sources updated to 5.1.1_r6
    • SlimPIE
    • Slim Recents
    • Floating Windows
    • Breathing notifications
    • Dynamic tiles
    • Music tile
    • Return of Silent mode
    • Force Expanded Notifications
    • Signal cluster updates
    • Statusbarheader items: CAF TaskManager, HeadsUp, PowerMenu
    • RestartSystemUI to dev settings, as Tile, as part of Reboot menu
    • Ambient Display brightness setting
    • Call recording format
    • Notification Ticker is back
    • App Sidebar
    • Over Scroll Effects
    • Snooze option to HEADSUP
    • Torch to PowerMenu
    • TaskManager, HeadsUp and PowerMenu on Notification Drawer
    • Notification Ticker
    • AICP_OTA fixes and improvements
    • Smart Mute. Flip phone to mute
    • Smart Call
    • Proximity Speaker. Speakerphone starts automatically whey you remove phone away from your ear.
    • Clear All Icon color added to Custom Colors
    • Battery Light: 100% Charged Level
    • Gesture Lockscreen
    • Reorder items under Notification Drawer settings
    • Storage notification enhancements. Now we have Mount/Unmount in statusbar.
    • Battery saver color selection is back
    • Linked volume implementation changed
    • Membar added to recents options
    • LS Shortcuts increased from 5 to 7
    • InCallUI fixes and enhancements
    • Whole bunch of fixes and enhancements for all included packages
      and

• Selinux Switch (Don't use it on serrano - our f4k kernel requires PERMISSIVE mode. :D:D:D )

Enjoy !!!
    Lol Guys... Leave your phones to the table and enjoy your Holliday :)

Merry Christmass to all who celebrate it :p