I'm running mine unlocked with Rogers, so I have no say
Based on Rogers 2600 MHz spectrum available in majority of sectors within Rogers LTE coverage areas; in sectors where 2600 MHz is not available, device will seamlessly fallback to 2100 MHz.
One last question dsixda, does LTE work fine for you?
According to rogers:
The I757 only has: 800 / 1800 / 2600
The I727 has: 1700 / 2100
So according to rogers then I guess the I757 just can't fall back to 2100 so it would fall back to HSDPA+ I assume. Would be nice to see a coverage map of the 2600 spectrum.
Sorry to be asking this here, just there is so little info on this device and no specific forum for it.
I am considering this since a few days ago Bell's schedule of ICS updates bumped the phone to August. I would like to confirm what ISN'T working in the last release of this ROM? The front page only list what does and its so long that I cannot tell what's missing?
Like a good noob I re-read this entire thread to make sure I didn't miss something. I was waiting for the front camera to get working to try this out. Was pumped when I finally saw you had it working - Thanks BTW!
On Saturday I flashed cm-9-20120713-UNOFFICIAL-celoxhd.zip after rooting and all that other good stuff.
It has been pretty flawless actually. I didn't know there was a funny faces thing either, but I've been texting and taking pics and playing around without issue for the most part. I have found a couple odd things that might not even be issues with regards to the capacitive buttons only.
1) When I have the phone charging and I get a message, the capacitive buttons light up and stay lit until I at least unlock then lock again. (Wow monday coffee, just figured this might be intentional - as in a you have messages light - which would be cool). What setting would I use to turn this off (which might solve the 2nd issue)?
2) I like my phone to be my alarm clock by the bed so I have an app Kaloer Clock that turns on when I charge the phone over night. It keeps the screen on so I have a clock to look at. Unfortunately the capacitive button light stays on all night which is probably not great for it?
Cheers sir. Really appreciate the time you spent working on this. I may never bother with the Bell update if it keeps working as well as it has thus far.
You can turn off button lights or backlight notifications under System Settings / Advanced / Sensors.
EDIT: However, I can raise this is an issue when the clock app is used with the backlight off (the button lights ideally should be off in this case, but they're not).
CyanogenMod is an open source replacement firmware based on the Android mobile operating system for smart phones and tablet computers. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.
- Phone calls - 3G/HSPA/LTE Data - SMS send/receive - Wi-Fi - Video playback - YouTube (including HD videos) - Adobe Flash - Hardware acceleration in browser - Rear camera (model M5MO) takes photos and videos, and uses flash - Front camera (model SR200PC20M) - takes photos and videos - BLN (Backlight Notification on buttons) - Overclocking/underclocking - Face Unlock - Panorama mode for camera - USB mass storage - MTP - Skype - Audio from speakers - Play Store - Vibration and haptic feedback - Orientation sensor - Magnetic field sensor / compass (model AK8975) - Gyroscope (model K3G) - Accelerometer (model K3DH) - Optical sensor, i.e. proximity and ambient light sensor (model TAOS) - Auto-brightness - Bluetooth (and A2DP) - GPS - Headphone audio - Torch app - USB tethering - Speakerphone - Wi-Fi hotspot - Google Goggles - Lights on capacitive buttons - Internal and external (micro) SD card access - Note: Internal SD is under [B]/mnt/emmc[/B], micro SD is '/sdcard' - CPU frequency is being reported correctly as 1512MHz - MHL (compiled into kernel but not tried yet)
- Front camera now works
- Added SGH-I757M ICS camera binaries
- Updated to newer kernel sources (this allowed the front camera to work with the above binaries)
- Merged kernel configuration with that from SGH-I757M ICS test ROM (generally the same but CM9 version includes BLN and overclocking)