[ROM]SGH-I997_UCKK3[Rooted, Deodexed, Busybox, and Zipaligned stock..

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
Heres the rooted version of the UCKK3 leak(no video doesnt work yet)For testing purposes for those who want to flash...:)

Everything works but video....

This rom features Entropy's awesome daily driver. Please thank him for all his hard work!

Download here:http://www.multiupload.com/ZEF2TRVWSQ

Installation:
1 Download zip
2 boot into cwm
3 wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache
4 choose zip
5 flash and reboot

Rom is:
Rootede
Deodexed
Busybox and su installed
Zipaligned

Last edited:

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Thanks, dman.

I'm sorry for being dense.
Let me see if I got this right,
The plain stock version have everything working correctly, including video but NO ROOT. - and so far super1click doesn't work.
Yours KK3 has Entropy's kernel with tweaks, rooted but no video.

correct?

dman3285

Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
The plain version has video cause it has stock kernel...mine is rooted but no video...for testing...everything else works...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Reactions: qkster

bignate78

Mar 30, 2011
Thousand oaks, ca
Thanks, dman.

I'm sorry for being dense.
Let me see if I got this right,
The plain stock version have everything working correctly, including video but NO ROOT. - and so far super1click doesn't work.
Yours KK3 has Entropy's kernel with tweaks, rooted but no video.

correct?
You can flash the stock kernel back to get video, you'll keep root because of the custom kernel rooting it to begin with.

Big dog Infuse I997 GB KJ4

Reactions: qkster

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
You can flash the stock kernel back to get video, you'll keep root because of the custom kernel rooting it to begin with.

Big dog Infuse I997 GB KJ4
Thanks, nate, dman.

btw..lol..where can i get the stock kernel? (sorry about the noob question)

Last edited:

dman3285

Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
I would make a tar for Odin but I'm busy busy this week for Thanksgiving...Ill try y'all..unless someone beats me to it...lol

Reactions: perseofeliz

rxnelson

Aug 30, 2011
Yeahh, we want the stock kernel!!! Can somebody please upload the stock kernell or tell us how to make the .tar.md5 with the zimage from stock rom!!

Thanks!!
On a previous leak I was able to extract the zimage out of the tar and heimdall it. Alternatively I think you can also use sgs kernel flasher once extracted. Wait until someone that knows what they are talking about to verify/reject this though. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Bronk93

Oct 31, 2009
Central, FL
All you have to do is extract the zimage from the .tar file using winrar, put it on your internal SD then flash with sgs kernel flasher.

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
You too man...thanks..:)

Yeah..happy turkey day, dman. thnks

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Here's the stock UCKK3 kernel in zimage format just flash it using sgs kernel flasher(in market)to get stock kernel u will lose recovery. Just flash back to Entropy's kernel using sgs flasher if u want recovery back.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ncd2bry8fws1fsg
thanks, rob

Reactions: xKrisx

xKrisx

Jan 27, 2011
Hmm, careful on flashing that Stock Kernel with SGS Kernel Flasher :), it locked me up for a few. SAMSUNG logo freeze for the win lol.

Oh well, its fixable lol.

EDIT: Not sure what the hell I did but still cant get off the Samsung Logo lol. Heimdall didn't fix it. Headed towards GTG Now. I have never had this happen before. Anyone know exactly what I did so I dont do it again ?

Last edited:

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
Hmm, careful on flashing that Stock Kernel with SGS Kernel Flasher :), it locked me up for a few. SAMSUNG logo freeze for the win lol.

Oh well, its fixable lol.

EDIT: Not sure what the hell I did but still cant get off the Samsung Logo lol. Heimdall didn't fix it. Headed towards GTG Now. I have never had this happen before. Anyone know exactly what I did so I dont do it again ?
Did you stay on EXT4 or return to RFS? Stock kernel doesn't support EXT4