[ROM] ShadowSense 1.4 - SYSRW-OVERLAY|Undervolt|SILVER Icons|RebootMenu|eXpressoBar

Search This thread

Moe5508

Jun 18, 2007
www.manicorp.com
My data signal keeps dropping.

Switching to a different rom as I have some odd issues with this one.
Hmmm, same issue here. What a pity, I had such great expectations for this release but totally disapeared data signal (no icon even, no internet, no connection at all) just made me switch. And no sooner than I did that than I get signal again, so definitely something to do with this ROM :confused:...

Dunbad

Dec 3, 2009
Kent
Hmmm, same issue here. What a pity, I had such great expectations for this release but totally disapeared data signal (no icon even, no internet, no connection at all) just made me switch. And no sooner than I did that than I get signal again, so definitely something to do with this ROM :confused:...

I'M not totally sure of this. I've had data signal drop on many roms in recent weeks. Both WiFi and 3g. A reboot fixes it. sometimes switching to aeroplane mode for a few seconds also fixes it. I know that MANY people had this issue on 2.1 including me. I've yet to experience dropped data signal on thus rom.

ieftm

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 17, 2008
I'M not totally sure of this. I've had data signal drop on many roms in recent weeks. Both WiFi and 3g. A reboot fixes it. sometimes switching to aeroplane mode for a few seconds also fixes it. I know that MANY people had this issue on 2.1 including me. I've yet to experience dropped data signal on thus rom.

What radio are you using?

Dunbad

Dec 3, 2009
Kent
Y
i'm the opposite, my 3G signal became better on this rom.

Yeah this is what I'm saying. My 3g signal is better on this Rom. I'm using the older radio though.

Also Ive just done the update to 1.4 using the patch on page 1. Can't remember how the patch is described on page 1 but it confused me coming from 1.3. Either way the patch works.

Last edited:

emf12

Jul 10, 2010
Romania
More rows/columns on display ?

Hy, I have a question: in the first screenshoot (first post)are 8 rows of icons.
With what program they are made?With "Multicon.apk" or this ROM gives this opportunity to made more rows/columns then HTC Sense original?
Thanks!

Rudolfje

Jun 9, 2008
Rotterdam
Thanks for this ROM.

I'm still using your OTA Rooted Stock ROM and I love it, but I wanted to add perflock disable, screenstate scaling etc.

And I used your script to acquire system read write, and it works! Thanks a lot.

I have one question though; I had to mod your 03union script, because it was unable to create the /sysro folder on a read-only filesystem.
Changed it into /data/sysro and it's working properly, can you tell me why I'm experiencing these issues?

bradputt

Jun 16, 2010
not working on the first flash, I had to adb push the host file into my phone, then it works.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

ieftm

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 17, 2008
Thanks for this ROM.

I'm still using your OTA Rooted Stock ROM and I love it, but I wanted to add perflock disable, screenstate scaling etc.

And I used your script to acquire system read write, and it works! Thanks a lot.

I have one question though; I had to mod your 03union script, because it was unable to create the /sysro folder on a read-only filesystem.
Changed it into /data/sysro and it's working properly, can you tell me why I'm experiencing these issues?

The root fs is mounted RW in the initramfs.

zebidee

Oct 30, 2008
I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding this cool looking Rom.

Would it be possible to install the rom then could I add friend stream manually?If so any help would be appreciated.

Bit of noob question here but does using any custom rom prevent your applications from updating themselves. For example I install this rom and google maps update in say 1 week would that update happen on my phone?

Thanks

J_me

Oct 21, 2009
Installation Aborted!

Hi, I have tried to install this ROM a number of times now and keep coming up with the same error;

Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/ief.tsone.info/shadowsense-1.3.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

I am using ROM Manager to install.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

philouleroy

Sep 23, 2010
Gmail and Gmaps issues

Hi,

Gmaps and Gmail proposes some new version but it is not possible to install them, the installation fails

Any solution ?

Thanks

Gooner4_1998

Dec 12, 2009
I have the same issues with updated gmail not installing.

Any solutions?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

Here we are again, I decided to release my personal ROM which is stock OTA froyo 2.2, modded to have everything i need in it.
    Now also available on ROM Manager.

I'll start off with some screenshots:

ss-home.png
    ss-sysrw.png

ss-powermenu.png
    ss-rebootmenu.png

I'll list what this ROM consists of.

Base
    Stock HTC OTA froyo 2.2
    -Perflock disabled
    -EXT4 / TUN / FUSE added
    -NoFullSleep Wifi module. No 802.11n because of power drains.
    -Legacy A2SD+, modified / Dalvik
    -CPUFreq interactive/powersave switching, thanks to FloHimself.
    -Undervolt for about 75-100mV for extreme powersaving! Thanks to iscaela.
    -System partition overlay on /data/sysrw . I will be switching to AUFS2 when
    this comes available (or when S-OFF is released publically ;) )
    This should allow you to use MetaMorph.

I will probably also release a custom recovery which you can use to either commit or revert changes to the /system overlay, based on ClockWorkMod recovery.

-This has the vanilla Froyo lockscreen. No stupid HTC lockscreen.
    -Trackball push to wakeup.
    -Disabled vibration from shutdown
    -Reboot menu by snq- (allow to reboot normally, to recovery, or bootloader)
    -Fixed NewsReader.apk from FC'ing when fast scrolling in feeds with pictures.

Removed:
    All social networking apps, teeter, stocks, etc.

Added:
    -Titanium Backup
    -ROM Manager
    -Launcher2
    -Extra ported HTC widgets by Paul from Modaco.

The theming was done by re-doing all the battery mods, and framework mods floating around, and REBUILDING the apk's from the ground up. I found that many of the mods consist of half-assed reworked apks. This is CLEAN.
    Mind you, the images are done by the authors of these mods, I can't remember which they are, so I will give credit where due.

I will be updating to later OTA releases as they come by, and IF (or when) HTC's kernel source is released, I will do OCUV kernels and such.

On to the download:

ShadowSense 1.4

-If you got ShadowSense <1.4 and want to patch up:

Patch from any release to 1.3.

-If you want to use the POWER button to wake from unlock:

POWER unlock.

-If you want to use the MENU button to wake from unlock:

MENU unlock.

Changelog
    [*]1.4 NewsReader fix
    [*]1.3 Reboot menu
    [*]1.2 Undervolting
    [*]1.1 Initial (public) release
    [*]1.0 Internal testing

---

DONATE here. This will support both my ROM development, as well as hacking efforts for S-OFF.