• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] ShadowSense 1.4 - SYSRW-OVERLAY|Undervolt|SILVER Icons|RebootMenu|eXpressoBar

Search This thread

ParagonDevil

Aug 17, 2010
Singapore
Hello!! Great rom you have here.. ^^ There are a bit so stuff i want to ask..

1) Can you add DSP Manager?
2) Let us have a choose our lock screen preference through a update? I prefer the htc.. :p
3) I am unable to update stuffs from google.. What do I need to do such that an update is possible?

jungler449

Oct 4, 2010
Prague
halo, I have a problem. This is firt time I am trying to instal custom ROM to my Desire. I installed this ROM
It installed normaly. I rebooted and now I am watching cross animation over 30 minutes. Is this normal? What should I do if it is not normal :)
Thank you for any advice. :)

edit:
lol I am lame... I tried to do it again with full wipe and it is working now.

Last edited:

stevenhw8

Oct 28, 2010
Hamburg
this is my first android phone and chose this ROM as the first one
i got 1.3 from ROM Manager and then patched it up to 1.4

questions:

1. after installing shadowsense 1.4, how much internal phone memory should still be free? i read a lot of custom ROMs will leave around 130MB after installation, but with shadowsense i only had 77MB after installation (haven't d/led anything yet)

is this normal?

2. is it OK/recommended to format the SD after flashing this ROM? if this ROM includes ext3 or ext4 and i format the SD card, will the partitions be gone and affect a2sd+?

3. on stock froyo sense OS, if you touch the home screen clock, it would open alarms, stopwatch, timer, etc... how come it doesn't work here?

thanks!

Last edited:

panter1970

Nov 3, 2010
Heiloo
Hi Ieftm,

I cant install your rom on my Desire. After installing, I see only a animated X on the screen and no respons of the device. You can only remove the battery and recover the older rom. I used ROM Manager and one time HBoot. All with the same result.
What doing I wrong?

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
Hi Ieftm,

I cant install your rom on my Desire. After installing, I see only a animated X on the screen and no respons of the device. You can only remove the battery and recover the older rom. I used ROM Manager and one time HBoot. All with the same result.
What doing I wrong?

How long do you boot before removing the battery? Most roms, especially sense roms need quite a lot of time to do everything right.

Sent from my HTC Desire

panter1970

Nov 3, 2010
Heiloo
starting up rom

The first time I installed it, I waited more then 5 min and nothing happend.
But the last time I installed the rom it worked! It took long before it started up, much longer then the original. But hey.. it works now.. :)
thanks for your reply..

stevenhw8

Oct 28, 2010
Hamburg
this is my first android phone and chose this ROM as the first one
i got 1.3 from ROM Manager and then patched it up to 1.4

questions:

1. after installing shadowsense 1.4, how much internal phone memory should still be free? i read a lot of custom ROMs will leave around 130MB after installation, but with shadowsense i only had 77MB after installation (haven't d/led anything yet)

is this normal?

2. is it OK/recommended to format the SD after flashing this ROM? if this ROM includes ext3 or ext4 and i format the SD card, will the partitions be gone and affect a2sd+?

3. on stock froyo sense OS, if you touch the home screen clock, it would open alarms, stopwatch, timer, etc... how come it doesn't work here?

thanks!

any insights on this matter?
thanks!

nuksyed

Nov 4, 2010
Hey, I flashed this ROM but how come my screen doesnt look like yours do in the screen shot? Mine just looks like the normal Sense screen with a circular battery display and a new wireless display?

Aug 28, 2010
Absolutely great ROM. Cant say anything about performance or battery life because i only have it flashed for 1 hours, but its absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the power button addon, I was used to that one.
Keep the good work up.

asdfgj69g

Aug 5, 2010
Howto update Maps, Gmail etc in Shadowsense 1.4

You need to do this with ADB. Open a shell in your linux box in the Tools folder of ADB, then paste:

#Maps
./adb remount
./adb shell find /system /data -name \*google\*maps.apk\* -o -name Maps.apk -delete
./adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps

#Gmail
./adb remount
./adb shell find /system /data -name \*google\*gmail.apk\* -o -name Gmail.apk -delete
./adb uninstall com.google.android.gm
# ./adb shell find /system /data -name \*google\*rovider.apk\* -o -name GmailProvider.apk -delete
# ./adb uninstall com.google.android.providers.gmail

#Streetview
./adb remount
./adb shell find /system /data -name \*google\Street.apk\* -o -name Street.apk -delete
./adb uninstall com.google.android.street

#VoiceSearch
./adb remount
./adb shell find /system /data -name \*google\VoiceSearch.apk\* -o -name VoiceSearch.apk -delete
./adb uninstall com.google.android.voicesearch

#Chrome to phone
./adb remount
./adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.chrometophone

#GoogleSearch
./adb remount
./adb shell find /system /data -name \*google\GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk\* -o -name GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk -delete
./adb uninstall com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox

After this you can update all these fancy Google apps just by going to the Market, search for them and install them. :D:D
If you want to update other apps in in the future which are baked in this ROM, then adjust the script using Google for the apk name and the package-name. Success!

Last edited:

asdfgj69g

Aug 5, 2010
Reboot into recovery and choose the option for installing .zip files.

Shadowsense is very battery-intensive; I've switched to Oxygen

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

waltpinpin

Nov 3, 2010
Excellent!

very very good job!

this rom is the one I was looking for since 2 months (I've tried tons of other roms but always something not working)

-sense but light
-stable
-large memory for my apps (finally!) thanks to app2sd

I can stop fiddling with my phone guts and just enjoy with it... :)

cooooooooool

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

Here we are again, I decided to release my personal ROM which is stock OTA froyo 2.2, modded to have everything i need in it.
    Now also available on ROM Manager.

I'll start off with some screenshots:

ss-home.png
    ss-sysrw.png

ss-powermenu.png
    ss-rebootmenu.png

I'll list what this ROM consists of.

Base
    Stock HTC OTA froyo 2.2
    -Perflock disabled
    -EXT4 / TUN / FUSE added
    -NoFullSleep Wifi module. No 802.11n because of power drains.
    -Legacy A2SD+, modified / Dalvik
    -CPUFreq interactive/powersave switching, thanks to FloHimself.
    -Undervolt for about 75-100mV for extreme powersaving! Thanks to iscaela.
    -System partition overlay on /data/sysrw . I will be switching to AUFS2 when
    this comes available (or when S-OFF is released publically ;) )
    This should allow you to use MetaMorph.

I will probably also release a custom recovery which you can use to either commit or revert changes to the /system overlay, based on ClockWorkMod recovery.

-This has the vanilla Froyo lockscreen. No stupid HTC lockscreen.
    -Trackball push to wakeup.
    -Disabled vibration from shutdown
    -Reboot menu by snq- (allow to reboot normally, to recovery, or bootloader)
    -Fixed NewsReader.apk from FC'ing when fast scrolling in feeds with pictures.

Removed:
    All social networking apps, teeter, stocks, etc.

Added:
    -Titanium Backup
    -ROM Manager
    -Launcher2
    -Extra ported HTC widgets by Paul from Modaco.

The theming was done by re-doing all the battery mods, and framework mods floating around, and REBUILDING the apk's from the ground up. I found that many of the mods consist of half-assed reworked apks. This is CLEAN.
    Mind you, the images are done by the authors of these mods, I can't remember which they are, so I will give credit where due.

I will be updating to later OTA releases as they come by, and IF (or when) HTC's kernel source is released, I will do OCUV kernels and such.

On to the download:

ShadowSense 1.4

-If you got ShadowSense <1.4 and want to patch up:

Patch from any release to 1.3.

-If you want to use the POWER button to wake from unlock:

POWER unlock.

-If you want to use the MENU button to wake from unlock:

MENU unlock.

Changelog
    [*]1.4 NewsReader fix
    [*]1.3 Reboot menu
    [*]1.2 Undervolting
    [*]1.1 Initial (public) release
    [*]1.0 Internal testing

---

DONATE here. This will support both my ROM development, as well as hacking efforts for S-OFF.