Development [ROM] [SHARED] [UNOFFICIAL] [12.1] [SHARED] [EOL] Pixel Experience for Xiaomi Mi 11 (venus)

Search This thread

kotalol

Feb 25, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 11
1650224255713.png

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation).

Your warranty is now void, or not... Xiaomi? ・ We are not responsible for bricked devices, thermonuclear war or alarm app fails. ・ Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! ・ YOU are choosing to make these modifications, we are in no way responsible if anything happens.

End of Service, what happened?
Well, basically an official Maintainer started working on official releases for the phone, Yair decided to retire since PE Team will do a better job. So now, Yair is behind PPUI and ArrowOS AOSP developpement for Mi 11.
And i'm also coming up with other AOSPs, so stay tuned.
Informations :

- Android Version : 12.1
- Maintainer : Yair
- Updates : Me
- Selinux Status : Permissive
- Kernel Link : Here! (Thanks Cosmin)

What's broken ?

- Quick Tap
-Boots take up 3 Minutes
- Proximity Sensor
- Tell me here!

Instruction Guide :
・ Make sure that you are on MIUI 13.0.X, this ・ Flash the Boot Image included in the files by doing "fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img". (Recovery) ・ Reboot into Recovery Mode by doing this command "fastboot reboot recovery". ・ Once in Recovery, go into "Format Data/Factory Reset". (DOING THIS STEP WILL WIPE YOUR DATA) ・ Then go back into the main menu, ang go into Apply Updates -> Apply from ADB. ・ Check if the device is connected by doing "adb devices", it should be in Sideload Mode. ・ Finally, Sideload your ROM by performing this command : "adb sideload rom_name.zip" and reboot.
You're done with flashing!

Downloads :
- New Release (Updated since post day)
- Pixel Experience 12.1 : [Download Link]
- Recovery (Boot Image) : [Download Link]

Contributors :
- Yair for maintaining the ROM. (not anymore)
- Cosmin for his Mi 11 Kernel.
- me and Tofu for the page. (yes)

Join us at @mi11dev on Telegram for other AOSPs, early builds and more!
Donate to Yair here!
Thanks to all bug reporters.

Have a nice day!
- kota.

Last edited:

Jangaron

Feb 24, 2022
I have only one Problem on all A12 AOSP roms. I dont know it came from the rom or from my MI11, but on miui i dont have the problem. I Always run Dark mode and i have the problem that it looks like the screen changing brightness or color level randomly, black color elements randomly changing color to dark gray and black again. I have this bug often at the Settings background and on all google apps and on Opera GX to. Sorry my english is not the best, i hope its understandeble. I can try tomorrow to make a video, but it looks like the greyscale from the background changes randomly for 1-3 seconds and i have the problem on real amoled black to, its for 1-2 seconds randomly gray.

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
I have only one Problem on all A12 AOSP roms. I dont know it came from the rom or from my MI11, but on miui i dont have the problem. I Always run Dark mode and i have the problem that it looks like the screen changing brightness or color level randomly, black color elements randomly changing color to dark gray and black again. I have this bug often at the Settings background and on all google apps and on Opera GX to. Sorry my english is not the best, i hope its understandeble. I can try tomorrow to make a video, but it looks like the greyscale from the background changes randomly for 1-3 seconds and i have the problem on real amoled black to, its for 1-2 seconds randomly gray.

Easy, it's because changing refresh rate 60/120hz, create flikering.
We have talk in TG, so for people read here :
- Dev settings > Always force peak refresh rate
or
Using a smart and friendly app called "SmartHertz" for choose refresh rate like you want by app / UI
It's a XDA Dev friend, thanks to Miguel alias @Naprzod
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-root-nonroot-smarthertz-control-your-display-refresh-rate.4383823/

Reactions: Jangaron and Sage

Sage

Dec 12, 2005
AU
Xiaomi Mi 11
you didnt specify "boot" partition..

need to write:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

looks like the instructions are wrong in the OP :)

how's the camera and battery life?

Well done and keep it up!

kotalol

Feb 25, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 11
you didnt specify "boot" partition..

need to write:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

looks like the instructions are wrong in the OP :)

how's the camera and battery life?

Well done and keep it up!
battery is pretty good in my case, for cameras you should try gcam ports, anx miui cam port is not suoported yet for mi 11

Reactions: Sage

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Safety net dosen't pass by default, tho you can use MagiskHide Prop and Universal Safetynet Fix to get through it. I didn't test Google Pay tho, my bank isn't supported yet

MagiskHide Prop is useless from A12. Don't use on A12.
Only Safety Net Fix by kdrag0n and Zygisk activated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1650224255713.png

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation).

Your warranty is now void, or not... Xiaomi? ・ We are not responsible for bricked devices, thermonuclear war or alarm app fails. ・ Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! ・ YOU are choosing to make these modifications, we are in no way responsible if anything happens.

End of Service, what happened?
    Well, basically an official Maintainer started working on official releases for the phone, Yair decided to retire since PE Team will do a better job. So now, Yair is behind PPUI and ArrowOS AOSP developpement for Mi 11.
    And i'm also coming up with other AOSPs, so stay tuned.
    Informations :

- Android Version : 12.1
    - Maintainer : Yair
    - Updates : Me
    - Selinux Status : Permissive
    - Kernel Link : Here! (Thanks Cosmin)

What's broken ?

- Quick Tap
    -Boots take up 3 Minutes
    - Proximity Sensor
    - Tell me here!

Instruction Guide :
    ・ Make sure that you are on MIUI 13.0.X, this ・ Flash the Boot Image included in the files by doing "fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img". (Recovery) ・ Reboot into Recovery Mode by doing this command "fastboot reboot recovery". ・ Once in Recovery, go into "Format Data/Factory Reset". (DOING THIS STEP WILL WIPE YOUR DATA) ・ Then go back into the main menu, ang go into Apply Updates -> Apply from ADB. ・ Check if the device is connected by doing "adb devices", it should be in Sideload Mode. ・ Finally, Sideload your ROM by performing this command : "adb sideload rom_name.zip" and reboot.
    You're done with flashing!

Downloads :
    - New Release (Updated since post day)
    - Pixel Experience 12.1 : [Download Link]
    - Recovery (Boot Image) : [Download Link]

Contributors :
    - Yair for maintaining the ROM. (not anymore)
    - Cosmin for his Mi 11 Kernel.
    - me and Tofu for the page. (yes)

Join us at @mi11dev on Telegram for other AOSPs, early builds and more!
    Donate to Yair here!
    Thanks to all bug reporters.

Have a nice day!
    - kota.
    TA.png

New Pixel Experience Build!

Fixes :
    Better Adaptative Brightness
    Most Sound Glitches
    Calls with echo
    Fast Charging
    Dual Sim
    FOD

Bugs :
    USB Configuration page is gray out
    Android Auto is not working

Boot take 3+ minutes
    Quick tap is missing

Guide :
    Check for it on the initial post!

Download :

Click me!
    Maintained by Yair.
    Kernel by Cosmin.
    Posted here by kota.
    Have a nice day!

(The initial post got updated)
    I'm first :)
    The image is designed by me btw
    View attachment 5596727

New Pixel Experience Build!

Fixes :
    FOD
    Fast Charging
    Dual Sim
    Better Adaptative Brightness
    Most Sound Glitches
    Calls with echo

Bugs :
    Boot take 3+ minutes
    USB Configuration page is gray out
    Quick tap is missing

Download :

Click me
    Maintained by Yair.
    Posted here by kota.
    Have a nice day!

Mi 11 AOSP Flashing Guide. (by kota)

X) WARNING :

I'm not responsible if anything happens, flashing this ROM Is your choice.
    Make sure that you have a backup if you have any important data that you need to keep.
    Flashing a ROM will need you to format data (except in Dirty Flashing case).

1) Download and flash MIUI 13.0.6.X (xiaomi.eu highly recommended)
    - Link to download a xiaomi.eu ROM : https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-13-stable-release.64441/

- If you are using a xiaomi.eu MIUI ROM :
    * Extract the ROM and then go into Fastboot by pressing POWER and VOLUME-.
    * Launch "fastboot_first_install_with_data_format" (The File Extension depends on what system you are using).
    * xiaomi.eu MIUI 13 will start installing itself on your device.

Once the ROM is done flashing, boot into Fastboot Mode.

2) Flashing ArrowOS Recovery :

Start ADB on Administrator Mode, drag the boot image from the post into your ADB Folder and run this command :

- fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img

3) Booting into ArrowOS Recovery and Wiping Data.

* Reboot on Recovery Mode by pressing POWER and VOLUME+)
    * Do a "Format data / Factory Reset" (This will wipe data from MIUI 13)

4) Sideloading you ROM.

* Go into "Apply Update", then go into "Apply from ADB". Then do "adb devices" on ADB to make sure that your device is connected.
    * Drag your ROM into the ADB Folder and sideload it by doing this command:

- adb sideload rom_name.zip

When reaching 47% of the sideloading process, the sideloading starts Part 2 and should stop in a matter of seconds. This is normal! Your rom is now flashed!

5) Reboot and Enjoy your ROM!

* Congratulations!

X) Rooting your ROM. (Optional)

* Releases of Magisk can be found here.

* Go into Recovery,
    Then reboot to Recovery and go into "Apply Update" and then into "Apply from ADB", then apply Magisk by doing this command:

- adb sideload magisk_name.apk

Let it flash Magisk and you will be done.
    Reboot and you will be Rooted.

⚠️ This is just a better and revamped guide with more details for people in need!​

Easy, it's because changing refresh rate 60/120hz, create flikering.
    We have talk in TG, so for people read here :
    - Dev settings > Always force peak refresh rate
    or
    Using a smart and friendly app called "SmartHertz" for choose refresh rate like you want by app / UI
    It's a XDA Dev friend, thanks to Miguel alias @Naprzod
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-root-nonroot-smarthertz-control-your-display-refresh-rate.4383823/