• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][SHT-AL09][Fenris_SHT-AL09]

Search This thread

vecna

Jul 14, 2017
yJOijxe.jpg

Fenris Features

Built in current MicroG
Built in Magisk
Built in BusyBox
Built in GNU Utils compiled for android ( bash etc )
Radically debloated
Built for Lucky Patcher ( lvm already patched and modded playstore in place )
Working Desktop Mode ( PC mode ), Yes you read that right :)
320 DPI and working camera UI etc.
Better sized Launcher icons.
Shipped as a old school zip so fully customisable by anyone with winrar

Bugs
Wallpapers etc missing ( belongs to an apk i deleted and cant be bothered to track it down ) fixed in beta 2
Standard filemanager is replaced by CM native file manager ( dont want the big H knowing whats on your drive ) so some share functions may not be available
but SMB over the network is fine and thats all im interested in.
Both the TWRP 's are flaky, this version https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-view-10/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-0-t3769917 has just refused to boot on me twice despite a decrypted data partition. But thats not down to Fenris in any way. The second twrp ( view 10 ) is no longer possible. It requires formating /data and by doing that wipes all the themes/wallpapers and screws the theming engine so i am having to stick with the first TWRP.
Unfortunately it BARELY works, just good enough to flash Fenris and associated zip kind of correctly.
Because of a crap TWRP Magisk needs to be setup on first use and download the manager, ie internet needed. It also can not update its zip so that has to be flashed by hand
Battery.... Tablet manager had to go, it deliberately interferes with LP in-app spoofing, but it also provides battery statistics and possibly with it missing, battery life could be worse than stock
( memory handling could also be compromised ). Its a damn hard thing to check since i have never run the tab stock.
Tablet manager is back, it controls the recents screen which is broken without one of tablet managers services. Writing a startup script to disable some TM services, but at moment i use MyAndroidTools to do same
Maybe more, this is a beta.

Dev Info.
Huawei have done a good job with their Andfroid shell, its very memory aware and frugal ( unlike samsung and HTC ), its a very good base for Fenris
I would have kept a lot more native apk's but then there are some security concerns so anything with a free line out had to go ( except HwShare, use at your own risk )
If there is demand i will release a total stock zip so peeps can mix-match and roll their own.

Information

Based on MediaPad M5 8.4 SHT-AL09 hw eu Schubert-AL09A 8.0.0.196(C432) Firmware 8.0.0 r1 EMUI8.0 05014XYF.
the link for this firmware https://androidhost.ru/tuA
You must be on this firmware to grantee Fenris operating correctly ( currently Fenris does not ship the vendor or kernel due to issues with the TWRP available being flaky )
, fenris may work on other firmware ( Android O ) but this is for you to try.
I will most prob keep Fenris SHT-AL09 updated as i find stuff i like/do not like, but i AM NOT a Dev, i only get my hands dirty when i need to, so as far as support goes, dont expect much and you will not be disappointed.

My tested method of getting fenris on your SHT-AL09

......download Fenris from here https://mega.nz/#!BKpX2YpT!DhotPKAkJvASYQUPeUlNz3MrZanmFNCxmm6tcd4qcE4
......download Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 SHT-AL09 hw eu Schubert-AL09A 8.0.0.196(C432) Firmware 8.0.0 r1 EMUI8.0 05014XYF from here https://androidhost.ru/6n0
......downgrade using the dload method
......Get a bootloader unlock code using DC unlocker method ( keep the bootloader unlock code, you will friggin need it )
......Unlock bootloader using Fastboot Unlock Method
......download MediaPad M5 8.4 SHT-AL09 hw eu Schubert-AL09A 8.0.0.196(C432) Firmware 8.0.0 r1 EMUI8.0 05014XYF. from here https://androidhost.ru/tuA
......Upgrade using the Dload method
......Unlock bootloader using Fastboot Unlock Method ( dont worry the code is the same )
......Go into you new 196 system and Activate ADB and OEM-Unlock
......Flash this TWRP https://forum.xda-developers.com/mediapad-m5/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-2-1-t3813825 using TWRP fastboot method
......DO NOT LET IT BOOT INTO SYSTEM, BOOT INTO TWRP INSTEAD
......Have a OTG USB adapter ( you can also use the sd card but that is a pain ) and Stick ready , copy all the files your going to need in the further steps onto it
......Hook up the stick and Flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_Quota_05.21.2019.zip from here https://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe
......Also Kernel-Sepolicy-Patcher.zip from here also https://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe
......THen finally flash Fenris
......Boot ito Fenris

TWRP fastboot method
1.... Make sure you have latest HW adb drivers installed ( check by getting an adb shell to work )
2.... Download latest Android platform tools https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
3)... Decompress etc, get to fastboot dir, open a CMD there
4)... Copy your TWRP image to same dir
5).... Boot into Download mode ( vol down while plufgging USB into computer with drivers set up )
5).... fastboot.exe flash recovery_ramdisk xxxxxxxxxx.img
6).... Get frigin ready to pull the usb and hold power + vol UP ( to reboot int TWRP you just flashed ) DO NOT LET IT BOOT INTO SYSTEM
7).... fastboot.exe reboot
8).... Pull USB, Boot into TWRP
9).... TWRP reboot Menue to shutdown

Dload Method
1.... extract the archive
2.... copy dload folder to root of a fat32 formated sd card
3.... boot up, enable dev options
4.... In dev options enable OEM-unlock ( you will need to be on internet from setup onwards ) unlock and adb
5.... In phone dialer dial *#*#2846579#*#*
6..... Get to upgrade from sd card and hit it.
7..... Phone reboots and does the ****
8..... If you have used online Erecovery downgrading may fail but if setting up from new ( unboxing) this will def work

Dc Unlocker Method ( copied from a p20lite thread , but works for m5 identically )
1)First connect your phone to the PC using the original USB cable.
2)When drivers are installed a popup screen would appear to view the "HiSuite" drive. This is a created drive-letter which contains a HiSuite Software downloader. Click to open or use the Windows Explorer to browse to this virtual drive.
3)Install the HiSuite software - this is important to get the correct drivers AND correct COM ports installed on your system. Skipping this step will result in non working DC Unlocker software.
4)When all is done go to the settings in your phone and open: System -> About Phone and tap the Build-number line about 7 to 8 times. Most likely the phone will ask for a PIN to active the developers mode. This is the code you've setup to use your phone. If you're already have a "developers option" you can skip this step.
5)Now click the "back" arrow once and select "Developer options".
6)Tap OEM-Unlock to activate it (confirm if needed), scroll down and tap USB Debugging to turn it on.
7)Your phone should ask permission to connect your PC (with some MAC address). Confirm it so the connection is approved. If that doesn't show up disconnect the USB cable and check if the USB debug mode is still active in the "Developer options". Than reconnect the cable to your PC.

ready to use the DC-Unlocker software to get our unlock code:

8)First you need some credits and you can buy the using this link: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy
9)Just fill in the the fields User-name, E-mail and Credits. Leave the "New user account" option selected if you are a new user.
10)For the Credits you only need 4 of them. I, initially, bought 5 so I still have one left
11)You'll receive a confirmation e-mail with a username and password. These are needed a bit later.
12)Extract the DC-Unlocker client to a fold and start it by clicking dc-unlocker2client.exe using the Windows Explorer (or any other file manager). To be sure you can also right-click the file and start the program using Administrator credentials.
13)Select in the right portion of the program the tab "Server" and enter the username and password you've received by mail. Check the "Remeber" box and click "Check login" to verify your account.
14)Click in the left portion of the program the dropdown list below "Select manufacturer" and choose "Huawei phones".
15)Leave the droplist "Select model" selected at "Auto detect (recommended)".
16)Grab your phone and open your dialer to type this code: *#*#2846579#*#* - this will get you into the service menu of the phone.
17)Tap 1. Background Settings -> USB Port Settings and select Manufacture Mode and than tap Close.
18)Put the phone done and let your PC install the newly found drivers.
19)If that's done click the Magnifying glass in the DC-Unlocker client software.
20)If all is connected correctly your phone is detected and a message in the white part of the program will tell you so. Also the "Select Model" field should display Huawei HiSilicon Kirin Android if the detection is succesfull.

**ready to read the unlock code! Yeah!

21)Click in the right portion of the DC-Unlocker client on the tab Unlocking.
22)Several buttons are visible but just click Unlock which could take a few moments before something is displayed in the white area at the bottom of the program window.
23)The unlock code can be copied and pasted - so please do copy the number to a text file and store it savely on your computer or in your cloud.

Fastboot Unlock Method
1).... Make sure you have latest HW adb drivers installed ( check by getting an adb shell to work )
2).... Download latest Android platform tools https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
5).... Boot into Download mode ( vol down while plugging USB into computer with drivers set up )
6).... fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190802-191620.jpg
    Screenshot_20190802-191620.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 1,411
  • Screenshot_20190802-191554.jpg
    Screenshot_20190802-191554.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 1,417
  • home_wallpaper_0_default.jpg
    home_wallpaper_0_default.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,361
  • Screenshot_20190802-191452.jpg
    Screenshot_20190802-191452.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,193
Last edited:

vecna

Jul 14, 2017
Glad to read that the development of our Schubert isn't dead:D

Not sure about that :) Seems barren in terms of real development. But in this case stock is a very good base, and in terms of memory usage very competitive with LOS, so in this case do not miss real open source code for the device.
The TWRP for our device is not great, and thats something i will get hands dirty fixing.

xabat

Apr 6, 2014
Any chance you could upload few pictures to show us how pc mode looks on smaller device, and will ever update your rom to 9.0?

Thanks in advance.

vecna

Jul 14, 2017
Any chance you could upload few pictures to show us how pc mode looks on smaller device, and will ever update your rom to 9.0?

Thanks in advance.

Yes sure will get a few screenshots out.
Will update to 9 when the dev community ( LP, Xposed, and all the other projects ) catches up.
At the moment we are prob a year away. ( Xposed barely works on EMUI 8 ).
Fenris is not your normal developers rom, its not about the latest version or untested beta code. Its about providing a stable platform for "alternative" open source code projects focused on Penetration testing, and pushing the boundaries.

Reactions: xabat

vecna

Jul 14, 2017
Are you rooted with the TWRP mentioned in the post ?
If not not much point in going further, plus its not an easy job mate, you good at messing around with your internal files ? Permissions and selinux contexts ? Edify script ? If so then you prob could do it. Otherwise best not even start.

xabat

Apr 6, 2014
Are you rooted with the TWRP mentioned in the post ?
If not not much point in going further, plus its not an easy job mate, you good at messing around with your internal files ? Permissions and selinux contexts ? Edify script ? If so then you prob could do it. Otherwise best not even start.
Yes, I unlocked bootloader months ago and I have root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yJOijxe.jpg

Fenris Features

Built in current MicroG
    Built in Magisk
    Built in BusyBox
    Built in GNU Utils compiled for android ( bash etc )
    Radically debloated
    Built for Lucky Patcher ( lvm already patched and modded playstore in place )
    Working Desktop Mode ( PC mode ), Yes you read that right :)
    320 DPI and working camera UI etc.
    Better sized Launcher icons.
    Shipped as a old school zip so fully customisable by anyone with winrar

Bugs
    Wallpapers etc missing ( belongs to an apk i deleted and cant be bothered to track it down ) fixed in beta 2
    Standard filemanager is replaced by CM native file manager ( dont want the big H knowing whats on your drive ) so some share functions may not be available
    but SMB over the network is fine and thats all im interested in.
    Both the TWRP 's are flaky, this version https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-view-10/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-0-t3769917 has just refused to boot on me twice despite a decrypted data partition. But thats not down to Fenris in any way. The second twrp ( view 10 ) is no longer possible. It requires formating /data and by doing that wipes all the themes/wallpapers and screws the theming engine so i am having to stick with the first TWRP.
    Unfortunately it BARELY works, just good enough to flash Fenris and associated zip kind of correctly.
    Because of a crap TWRP Magisk needs to be setup on first use and download the manager, ie internet needed. It also can not update its zip so that has to be flashed by hand
    Battery.... Tablet manager had to go, it deliberately interferes with LP in-app spoofing, but it also provides battery statistics and possibly with it missing, battery life could be worse than stock
    ( memory handling could also be compromised ). Its a damn hard thing to check since i have never run the tab stock.
    Tablet manager is back, it controls the recents screen which is broken without one of tablet managers services. Writing a startup script to disable some TM services, but at moment i use MyAndroidTools to do same
    Maybe more, this is a beta.

Dev Info.
    Huawei have done a good job with their Andfroid shell, its very memory aware and frugal ( unlike samsung and HTC ), its a very good base for Fenris
    I would have kept a lot more native apk's but then there are some security concerns so anything with a free line out had to go ( except HwShare, use at your own risk )
    If there is demand i will release a total stock zip so peeps can mix-match and roll their own.

Information

Based on MediaPad M5 8.4 SHT-AL09 hw eu Schubert-AL09A 8.0.0.196(C432) Firmware 8.0.0 r1 EMUI8.0 05014XYF.
    the link for this firmware https://androidhost.ru/tuA
    You must be on this firmware to grantee Fenris operating correctly ( currently Fenris does not ship the vendor or kernel due to issues with the TWRP available being flaky )
    , fenris may work on other firmware ( Android O ) but this is for you to try.
    I will most prob keep Fenris SHT-AL09 updated as i find stuff i like/do not like, but i AM NOT a Dev, i only get my hands dirty when i need to, so as far as support goes, dont expect much and you will not be disappointed.

My tested method of getting fenris on your SHT-AL09

......download Fenris from here https://mega.nz/#!BKpX2YpT!DhotPKAkJvASYQUPeUlNz3MrZanmFNCxmm6tcd4qcE4
    ......download Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 SHT-AL09 hw eu Schubert-AL09A 8.0.0.196(C432) Firmware 8.0.0 r1 EMUI8.0 05014XYF from here https://androidhost.ru/6n0
    ......downgrade using the dload method
    ......Get a bootloader unlock code using DC unlocker method ( keep the bootloader unlock code, you will friggin need it )
    ......Unlock bootloader using Fastboot Unlock Method
    ......download MediaPad M5 8.4 SHT-AL09 hw eu Schubert-AL09A 8.0.0.196(C432) Firmware 8.0.0 r1 EMUI8.0 05014XYF. from here https://androidhost.ru/tuA
    ......Upgrade using the Dload method
    ......Unlock bootloader using Fastboot Unlock Method ( dont worry the code is the same )
    ......Go into you new 196 system and Activate ADB and OEM-Unlock
    ......Flash this TWRP https://forum.xda-developers.com/mediapad-m5/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-2-1-t3813825 using TWRP fastboot method
    ......DO NOT LET IT BOOT INTO SYSTEM, BOOT INTO TWRP INSTEAD
    ......Have a OTG USB adapter ( you can also use the sd card but that is a pain ) and Stick ready , copy all the files your going to need in the further steps onto it
    ......Hook up the stick and Flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_Quota_05.21.2019.zip from here https://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe
    ......Also Kernel-Sepolicy-Patcher.zip from here also https://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe
    ......THen finally flash Fenris
    ......Boot ito Fenris

TWRP fastboot method
    1.... Make sure you have latest HW adb drivers installed ( check by getting an adb shell to work )
    2.... Download latest Android platform tools https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    4)... Copy your TWRP image to same dir
    5).... Boot into Download mode ( vol down while plufgging USB into computer with drivers set up )
    5).... fastboot.exe flash recovery_ramdisk xxxxxxxxxx.img
    6).... Get frigin ready to pull the usb and hold power + vol UP ( to reboot int TWRP you just flashed ) DO NOT LET IT BOOT INTO SYSTEM
    7).... fastboot.exe reboot
    8).... Pull USB, Boot into TWRP
    9).... TWRP reboot Menue to shutdown

Dload Method
    1.... extract the archive
    2.... copy dload folder to root of a fat32 formated sd card
    3.... boot up, enable dev options
    4.... In dev options enable OEM-unlock ( you will need to be on internet from setup onwards ) unlock and adb
    5.... In phone dialer dial *#*#2846579#*#*
    6..... Get to upgrade from sd card and hit it.
    7..... Phone reboots and does the ****
    8..... If you have used online Erecovery downgrading may fail but if setting up from new ( unboxing) this will def work

Dc Unlocker Method ( copied from a p20lite thread , but works for m5 identically )
    1)First connect your phone to the PC using the original USB cable.
    2)When drivers are installed a popup screen would appear to view the "HiSuite" drive. This is a created drive-letter which contains a HiSuite Software downloader. Click to open or use the Windows Explorer to browse to this virtual drive.
    3)Install the HiSuite software - this is important to get the correct drivers AND correct COM ports installed on your system. Skipping this step will result in non working DC Unlocker software.
    4)When all is done go to the settings in your phone and open: System -> About Phone and tap the Build-number line about 7 to 8 times. Most likely the phone will ask for a PIN to active the developers mode. This is the code you've setup to use your phone. If you're already have a "developers option" you can skip this step.
    5)Now click the "back" arrow once and select "Developer options".
    6)Tap OEM-Unlock to activate it (confirm if needed), scroll down and tap USB Debugging to turn it on.
    7)Your phone should ask permission to connect your PC (with some MAC address). Confirm it so the connection is approved. If that doesn't show up disconnect the USB cable and check if the USB debug mode is still active in the "Developer options". Than reconnect the cable to your PC.

ready to use the DC-Unlocker software to get our unlock code:

8)First you need some credits and you can buy the using this link: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy
    9)Just fill in the the fields User-name, E-mail and Credits. Leave the "New user account" option selected if you are a new user.
    10)For the Credits you only need 4 of them. I, initially, bought 5 so I still have one left
    11)You'll receive a confirmation e-mail with a username and password. These are needed a bit later.
    12)Extract the DC-Unlocker client to a fold and start it by clicking dc-unlocker2client.exe using the Windows Explorer (or any other file manager). To be sure you can also right-click the file and start the program using Administrator credentials.
    13)Select in the right portion of the program the tab "Server" and enter the username and password you've received by mail. Check the "Remeber" box and click "Check login" to verify your account.
    14)Click in the left portion of the program the dropdown list below "Select manufacturer" and choose "Huawei phones".
    15)Leave the droplist "Select model" selected at "Auto detect (recommended)".
    16)Grab your phone and open your dialer to type this code: *#*#2846579#*#* - this will get you into the service menu of the phone.
    17)Tap 1. Background Settings -> USB Port Settings and select Manufacture Mode and than tap Close.
    18)Put the phone done and let your PC install the newly found drivers.
    19)If that's done click the Magnifying glass in the DC-Unlocker client software.
    20)If all is connected correctly your phone is detected and a message in the white part of the program will tell you so. Also the "Select Model" field should display Huawei HiSilicon Kirin Android if the detection is succesfull.

**ready to read the unlock code! Yeah!

21)Click in the right portion of the DC-Unlocker client on the tab Unlocking.
    22)Several buttons are visible but just click Unlock which could take a few moments before something is displayed in the white area at the bottom of the program window.
    23)The unlock code can be copied and pasted - so please do copy the number to a text file and store it savely on your computer or in your cloud.

Fastboot Unlock Method
    1).... Make sure you have latest HW adb drivers installed ( check by getting an adb shell to work )
    2).... Download latest Android platform tools https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    5).... Boot into Download mode ( vol down while plugging USB into computer with drivers set up )
    6).... fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance.

Yes sure will get a few screenshots out.
    Will update to 9 when the dev community ( LP, Xposed, and all the other projects ) catches up.
    At the moment we are prob a year away. ( Xposed barely works on EMUI 8 ).
    Fenris is not your normal developers rom, its not about the latest version or untested beta code. Its about providing a stable platform for "alternative" open source code projects focused on Penetration testing, and pushing the boundaries.