[ROM][Signature Spoofing]LineageOS 18.1 for Note10+ 5G/Note10+/Note10 Exynos

Search This thread

jasilbrazz

Dec 26, 2015
Hi everyone,

I installed this Lineage with MicroG as battery-friendly, data-sensitive, open source Google Play Services substitute and want to share my installation experience. For the full documentation of NanoDroid (MicroG is a part of that), see here and here.
Installation process in recovery mode (coming from another custom ROM):
- Format data (and disable encryption, if wanted).
- wipe cache, dalvik cache and system.
- flash LineageOS.
- install magisk boot IMG as described in post #3.
- install microG (TWRP-Version), I got it from here, because this version is newer than the one mentioned by Ivan).
- now boot into System. Signature spoofing is already enabled.
- grant all app permissions for MicroG.
- open MicroG -> self test -> in my case, I had to grant the signature spoofing permission for the fake play store (by clicking the check-mark). Make sure all marks are checked.
- For fully using MicroG (all possible without using your personal Google account), in settings enable device registry, cloud messaging, SafetyNet and both location modules.
- When trying to open magisk, I received a parsing error, so I had to download the latest .apk from here and installed it (process will boot again into system).
- for using the Aurora (= fake) play store, download the latest version from here and install it (I chose root installation in the process). You can either use your own Google account or an anonymous one from Aurora.
- Voila, it works!

My findings:
- All apps I use are working besides Google Maps - a known fact about MicroG (you can use Maps Go instead). I have to admit, though, that I avoid other Google apps, so I don't know about them.
- GPS takes a little longer than with Google Play Services (5-10 sec, at the very first use be patient for some minutes).
- Other than that, I haven't noticed any disadvantages yet. The battery life seems somewhat better, but not too significantly.
- The German app eBay Kleinanzeigen doesn't work properly in the latest version, use version 11.2.0 (15763).
I would like to express my gratitude to you tempe222 for your post!
I am not a noob when it comes to rooting phones, but things have changed a lot these last 2 years and I was a bit out of shape, plus, the information everywhere seems too incomplete and lacking a lot of details.
Your great post however has all the answers I needed. Now I've got my Note 10+ up and running beautifully and completely DEGOOGLED, which was my goal!
Thank you so very much!

abrahamjohn731

Dec 4, 2012
Belgium
Installation instructions

Make sure you are on Q stock firmware (All of the Q firmwares are tested and confirmed to be working, This should be the case with new fws too as long as Samsung doesnt significantly change bootloader trustzone bits)
I updated my android 10 to 11 latest 07 version and I can't downgrade. Do you know when will be released a version of Lineageos with signature spoofing for android 11?

Adrenesis

May 31, 2021
Hi, thank you for the rom, hacks and infos =)

As it's complicated and everything is updated, the accuracy of tutorials tend to decrease, this is why I wrote a whole new one, as accurate as possible, so newbies can escape Samsung's hell, it allows you to get a rooted lineage-18.1 OS and has been tested today.

Available in its repository page

Enjoy =)

Last edited:
Reactions: tempe222 and ICV

zhelev81

May 18, 2011
Varna
Anybody has a problem with the stock camera taking video ? mine goes on spikes and the audio is in 2x 3x speed ... is this a know bug ?

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Here is quick security update build with june security update merged, There will be another build this month with a lot of exciting updates

as for camera audio issues i managed to reproduce them on stock with 3rd party app and they have been reported to samsung as they are related to omx which is proprietary and samsung has to resolve them

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as it woulnt be possible to keep up with build server cost without their support, Enjoy new build and stay safe

Haque

Dec 26, 2007
Hi!

I flashed LineageOS, Gapps and flashed magisk boot image to boot slot and Rebooted the device. I got Root Access but didn't pass the Safety Net in Magisk.

I'll appreciate help to resolve the issue.

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
New builds are up with July 2021 security update here is a brief changelog
- Merged July 2021. Security update
- Performance and stability improvements
- Changed sensors handling in doze mode to prevent battery drain
- Synced with LOS source

Unfortunately some bigger changes didnt make it into this build as i was on vacation last month and didnt touch android too much (Keep in mind i do this in my free time) but they will be out soon

As always big thanks to everyone who donated because it helps pay for the build server cost and keep the project alive.
Enjoy new build and stay safe

h078

Nov 18, 2007
I have couple of questions and hopefully I would get an answer from fine folks here on the forum;

I have dual SIM note10 (using with T-Mobile and AT&T) - stock Android 11, but I am experiencing horrific battery drain (like 10% in the first 30min in the morning when I take it from charger and while having my coffee and reading the news).

1. I know LOS is spectacular for a battery life, but has anyone used it with full set of GAPPS and if so is the battery life still good?
    1. Mainly I need work profile setup functionality and it seems it is available in Full Gapps only
  2. Without Magisk - will Google Pay work?
    1. I have not rooted a phone forever and because of work profile I would not be installing Magisk or try to fiddle w SafetyNet
  3. What is "Signature Spoofing" in terms of GAPPS and does it have any effect If install Full NikGapps?
    1. Will Gapps auto update from PlayStore?
  4. Can I re-lock bootloader if my company detects unlocked bootloader?
    1. I know I wont be able to flash updated roms and I know that If I unlock I will delete all data
  5. What are a good app recommendations to re-gain some S-pen functionality (Note taking and such)?
  6. Is there any version of GCam that works with this rom and takes advantage of all 3 (4) cameras?
  7. Finally if I dont like the ROM and I go back to stock via ODIN will I be able to receive OTA updates?

Thanks in advance

zhelev81

May 18, 2011
Varna
@Ivan_Meler
when i flash the magisk on latest rom, and restart , no mobile network .... I only get wifi ... how to fix this ?

maybe magisk needs update ?

Last edited:

Donkey666

Jun 30, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
@Ivan_Meler
Hi I just recently instaled LineageOS on my (Note10+d2s, thank god for someone like you) and I have noticed some imperfectios, none of them is critical but I feel like mentioning them is also way to participate in comunity..
1. s-pen doesnt triggers keyboard showing up when I tap on any text field (puts there cursor but no keyboard)
2. This one is hard for me to explain but I cant find option to lock access to quick settings tiles while locked (that thing you pull down from top of the screen) but I've seen it previosly and set it locked but out of nowhere it enabled again and cant find it in settings ( i had enabked developer settings but did not played with it much but that is like only thing I remember doing before I noticed this happend but it might have been going on even before that)

Donkey666

Jun 30, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
@Ivan_Meler
I tried encrypt phone and it seems not to work, phone imidiately restarted with some android robot logo and after few seconds restarted and booted back to system so it looked like encryption isnt working right? ..or bug? latest version flashed using twrp Note10+(d2s)

Reactions: biggary

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy Note10+ 5G and Note10+

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Video Playback
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - GPS
    - Cameras (All of them)
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Signal indicator
    - Double tap to wake
    - Wireless PowerShare
    - TOF camera
    - S-Pen input and pressure sensitivity

Not Working
    - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework
    - 5G on 5G model unfortunately, should start working once rom is rebased on top of OneUI3.0 blobs
    - S-Pen bluetooth functionality

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
    a) Logcat
    b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
    c) /data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps installation

Installation instructions

Make sure you are on Q stock firmware (All of the Q firmwares are tested and confirmed to be working, This should be the case with new fws too as long as Samsung doesnt significantly change bootloader trustzone bits)
    Download Q twrp
    flash twrp as per given instructions
    if you are coming from stock and have encryption enabled format data (Note i said format, Wiping it in twrp is not the same as formating it)
    wipe cache, dalvik cache and system
    flash LineageOS
    If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
    Reboot the device

Downloads:

Google Drive

(Select build coresponding to your devices codename, d2x = Note10+ 5G | d2s = Note10+ | d1 = Note10)

sha256 checksums

Code:
    865c31100eba10ed75ae0df4528c832955d5cd22c66d4c5e4e9a1ad34fce7e8b  lineage-18.1-20211111-UNOFFICIAL-d2x.zip
    6025d358292582ef3162cc0bcb41386e984494b1012309c2b17b36b17e31b980  lineage-18.1-20211112-UNOFFICIAL-d2s.zip
    14fc7deaa42f3e4ed2f538c264574bc718b1c1214a4c903eae8f0cd49743d6d0  lineage-18.1-20211112-UNOFFICIAL-d1.zip

If you need general help or questions feel free to join Telegram group

Gapps

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
    if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Due to requests from some users I added signature spoofing support to the rom which allows usage of MicroG
    you can simply install MinMicroG and grant it needed permissions for signature spoofing to make it work as intended

Based On Android R
    Changelog

- Merged November 2021. security update
    - Further Improved bluetooth in call handling
    - Added more advanced burn in protection
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged October 2021. security update
    - Improved bluetooth in call handling
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged September 2021. Security update
    - Fixed issue where video audio would get out of sync
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged August 2021. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Synced with LOS source

- Merged June 2021. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added wifi and portable hotspot overlays
    - Merged May 2021. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed dual sim on d1/d2s (Note10 and 10+ 4g)
    - Fixed USB C audio input/output
    - Fixed charging with device powered off (It also has nice new animation now)
    - Merged April 2021. Security update
    - Added signature spoofing support
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged March 2021. Security update
    - Modernized AdvancedDisplay app codebase
    - Cleaned up the source
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged January 2021. Security update
    - Fixed OpenGapps installation from lineage recovery
    - Fixed features that broke with initial 18.1 merge
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added d1 (Note10) Support
    - Merged December security update
    - Fixed ADB inside of lineage recovery
    - Merged december 2020 pixel feature drop
    - Fixed bug where note10+ would show as 10+ 5g in bt settings
    - Fixed camera2 api video recording
    - Cleaned up d2s vendor

- Initial public release

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 18.0 for Note10+ 5G/Note10+ Exynos , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_beyondlte/tree/lineage-18.0

ROM OS Version: 11.0

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.0

Created 2020-11-12
    Last Updated 2020-11-12
    New builds are up with July 2021 security update here is a brief changelog
    - Synced with LOS source

Unfortunately some bigger changes didnt make it into this build as i was on vacation last month and didnt touch android too much (Keep in mind i do this in my free time) but they will be out soon

As always big thanks to everyone who donated because it helps pay for the build server cost and keep the project alive.
    Enjoy new build and stay safe
    New builds with March security update are up here is a brief changelog

- Merged March 2021. Security update
    - Modernized AdvancedDisplay app codebase
    - Cleaned up the source
    - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover build server cost, Enjoy new builds and stay safe
    New builds are up with April security update and few other fixes merged here is a brief changelog
    - Fixed dual sim on d1/d2s (Note10 and 10+ 4g)
    - Fixed USB C audio input/output
    - Fixed charging with device powered off (It also has nice new animation now)
    - Merged April 2021. Security update
    - Added signature spoofing support
    - Synced with LOS source

Do not forget to reflash Magisk boot image after installing the rom
    (Instructions for microg/signature spoofing have been added to Original Post too)

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover build server cost and get me coffee for free time spent on this
    Enjoy new builds and stay safe
    Magisk

Magisk boot images are provided in this google drive folder named beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img you can flash them on boot slot and install magisk manager, No need to worry about rebooting to recovery or not having TWRP and magisk at the same time, Just make sure you dont try to boot to system with magisk patched TWRP as that might cause issues but as long as you have stock twrp and have flashed beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img image to boot slot you are fine, Source for given kernel is available at GitHub if you want to compile kernel yourself just run source build.sh devicename e.g. source build.sh d2x, It will produce new boot image in build/ folder, To update magisk you can follow instructions given at this commit enjoy

Do note that you will have to reflash magisk boot image when updating rom