[ROM][Signature Spoofing]LineageOS 18.1 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos

Search This thread

gaglia83

May 7, 2017
this is the reason I think why it is not possible to encrypt the phone in the usual way (going on Settings -> Security), because AOSP's UI on Android 10+ only supports FBE-style encryption.
Actually I'm not sure about this. It would be cool to have a ROM that comes with FBE disabled by default but allows to encrypt the phone with FDE through the UI.

jogurcik13

Oct 28, 2020
Screenshot_2021-04-25 Element [2] Techlore - Main.png

Regarding my last conversation with somebody on Techlore element.io server, what the hell is happening with this? This exact lineage unofficial distro for s10 doesnt let me encrypt my phone and set SElinux to enforcing

Last edited:

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Please give me 10second of your time for feedback (can be by PM too).

I am wondering: What might be for YOU the reason to use LOS on this device?

1) you used it at previous devices before
2) better privacy control (so I think together with microG ?) - if not, why?
3) just for fun and nerdic reason (selfcompiled)
4) more features or better control over features
5... You can add more reasons if you like.

Thank you

Last edited:

gaglia83

May 7, 2017

Thank you
In my personal case, better privacy / control (obviously without any variant of Google apps or service installed)

Stamzrat10

• Nov 28, 2020
    In my personal case, better privacy / control (obviously without any variant of Google apps or service installed)
    Me too, however, during use and over time I begin wondering whether it serves its purpose. I'll explain:

I have gone Google free, so I use a different email provider, cloud storage, etc. Therefore in the beginning I used microg.

But then the phone doesn't pass safetynet, I thought it did back when I used exposed and hiddencore module, but apparently it was just fooling the user to think that safteynet passed and who knows what that hiddencore module actually contained.

Not passing safteynet means that some crucial apps, like banking and such won't work, some partially, some not.

I then installed Nikgapps core, which is the minimum required and I pass safteynet.

I also use aurora store instead of play store. So I guess it's the debloating and other fine tuning that keeps me with lineageos.

caccamo88

Sep 21, 2014
    hi guys
    someone knows if ant+ connection supported? I know seems a stupid question but I was used to connect speed, cadence, heart ant+ sensors during cycling activities
    In case no, would previous version works?
    Thanks

anyone for example with heart rate monitor, or Garmin watches etc. that can tell me if able to connect via ant+? Thanks

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
    @gaglia83 , @Stamzrat10 and others:

I started with LOS/Cyanogenmod as my phone wasn't updated anymore. Than because of privacy.
    Due to limits of AOSP (as mentioned before) I started some tests here:

And finally (see latest post there) I go one step further and just leave stock as it is with just block ANY system-app (including gapps) by firewall.
    I am using contacts, calendar, email ... from FDroid and so far I didn't find any problem even with Playstore-Apps via Aurora. I am surprised. Does it mean it is enough to have that gapps, even if not connected to internet? Or am I just lucky not to use apps that really needs it?
    I don't to discuss it hear (OT), but if you are interested in just privacy this might be of interest.

atm I just have a second phone, so one with stock and one with LOS (my daily driver) - to get a better picture.

perxeus

Jan 22, 2011
    Frankfurt

Thank you
    all of the mentioned.

i am using LOS since years on several devices

no google, no gapps - banking is working though

i do not want to be the idiot that knows much less about himself compared to what google knows about him

El Dun

Jul 3, 2014
    Hi, thanks for maintaining this ROM.
    after I saw in changelog you fixed USB-C audio I tried it out, but for me, High-Res audio over USB-C is still not working, basically I have the same problem I posted last year:

I've also tested using my DJI drone with this ROM and did not get it working, while the usual warning message appears if the app is allowed to access USB, after that nothing happens. It's 100% working on stock and I did the same procedure with this ROM, also I've tried troubleshooting but couldn't get any further.
    It is quite interesting that I only found this problems with AOSP ROMs, but not with stock ones, so do other (Qualcomm-based) devices have those problems with AOSP ROMs too?

kriz_

Apr 2, 2021
    Hello
    Thank you for your work.

Is it planned / possible to include SELinux Enforcing?
    It is not neccesary to have SELinux set to prermissive. Porperly developed (root) mods will work with SELinux Enforcing. I don't see a reason to leave this huge vulnerability open.

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
    New builds are up with may security update, Unfortunately patch to disable mac randomization didnt get added yet because for some reason google droped part of code resonsible for disabling it and im looking into that as we speak and will psot a new build with it fully working in a few days till that you cna enjoy build with latest may security update and latest lineage features merged

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover the build server cost and get me coffee Enjoy new builds and stay safe

Dec 20, 2020
    Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
    Hello, developers, thank you for your hard work to bring you such an excellent ROM, but I am a little sad that it does not support the device I am using now: Samsung S105G, the specific model is sm-g977n, yes, this is a Korean mobile phone. Is there any machine that will run your ROM on this device?

manusfreedom

Jul 9, 2008
    Since the April build, I can't get the Basic Integrity in Magisk (impossible to hide it), am I alone or not?

* Magisk app 22.x
    * Magisk boot images (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-s10e-s10-s10-exynos.4173663/post-83658967)
    * Samsung S10 (tested with DTH7 and FUBD firmware, now I can't rollback)

And every time I try to use MagiskHide Props Config, I can't boot the phone on Android and it corrupts the files in the data space (some files with null value).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Here is quick security update build with june security update merged, There will be another build this month with a lot of exciting updates

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as it woulnt be possible to keep up with build server cost without their support, Enjoy new build and stay safe
      The easiest way you can flash it is through TWRP. You just enter the IMG flashing mode and flash the .img file into the boot partition slot.

Seriously, it's that easy.

P.S.: But please install the stable version of Magisk Manager because if you install the Canary version of the app and upgrade Magisk through the app, you'll brick your phone.

I'm not joking, I've tried it out.
      Thank you for the explanation and warning. (I only chose canary because it was mentioned here earlier, so I uninstalled it and took the stable version)
      I successfully flashed the img file with TWRP as you suggested. (wasn't aware that this is possible)

After I figured out how the PlayStore with MicroG passes the starting icon (it seems I needed to allow signature spoofing, was a bit hidden), this ROM incl. microG and Magisk seems to run fine on my S10e. I hope it will be a good successor of my good old faithful Sony Z5 Compact. (S10e was the smallest useful phone with LineageOS I could find anyway nowadays ;-))

Now I will backup my current status and look into how I can pass safety net check. (Haven't figured that out yet, so many things have changes in the past 5 years. :-o)
      Then I'm more than happy. :)

PS: Many Thanks to @Ivan_Meler for this ROM, I will visit the donation page in a few minutes. :)
      Thanks Ivan for regularly updating!!
      Just plug it in PC and hold power , volume up, and bixby , let go of power when the phone vibrates. Should boot to twrp.

blame Samsung 👍
      Yes can confirm this is the way, weirdly enough I NEED to use the USB cable to get into TWRP or it just doesn't boot. Blame Samsung indeed.
      I feel like an idiot, but can someone hint me on how to boot into TWRP? I'm trying to:

1/ Boot into TWRP but I just can't seem to make it happen. I want to install the May update very badly!
      2/ I have the pre-May version running fine, with TWRP installed, but I can't get the phone rooted. Every time I mess around it seems to either brick and I need to reinstall, or nothing happens with magisk

Hopefully someone finds a moment to help me out. Appreciate it a lot!

I didn't read your request properly.. my bad :)

Just flash the appropriate boot image from the link I posted to the boot partition.

Grab magisk manager from here. :) It's pretty easy.

k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10 Series

Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

Working:
      - Wifi
      - Sound
      - mali drivers
      - USB tethering
      - Video Playback
      - Fingerprint Sensor
      - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
      - Sensors
      - Bluetooth
      - Wifi HotSpot
      - MTP
      - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
      - HW encoding/decoding
      - GPS
      - Cameras (All of them)
      - HWcomposer (HWC)
      - Signal indicator
      - Double tap to wake
      - Wireless PowerShare

Not Working
      - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
      a) Logcat
      b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
      c) /data/tombstones
      d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps installation

Installation instructions

Make sure you are on Q stock firmware (All of the Q firmwares are tested and confirmed to be working, This should be the case with new fws too as long as Samsung doesnt significantly change bootloader trustzone bits)
      Download Q twrp from this thread
      flash twrp as per given instructions
      if you are coming from stock and have encryption enabled format data (Note i said format, Wiping it in twrp is not the same as formating it)
      wipe cache, dalvik cache and system
      flash LineageOS
      If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
      Reboot the device

Downloads:

Google Drive
      Mega.nz

(Select build coresponding to your devices codename, S10e = beyond0lte | s10 = beyond1lte | s10+ = beyond2lte)

sha256 checksums

Code:
      be5203859ad3285d60af8517ae5084dfa7b9e60e442c5d644f025efa18512bcd  lineage-18.1-20210610-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte.zip
      c2b11995db49225421c37615441ece257925a5592cf967191eb99eafd823573c  lineage-18.1-20210610-UNOFFICIAL-beyond1lte.zip
      bda850e9edaed519b72a4ac6c27a6a6bcfe055a23da4ee65850be7b111403d3a  lineage-18.1-20210610-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte.zip

If you need general help or questions feel free to join Telegram group
      READ BEFORE INSTALLING MAGISK
      Gapps

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
      if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Due to requests from some users I added signature spoofing support to the rom which allows usage of MicroG
      you can simply install MinMicroG and grant it needed permissions for signature spoofing to make it work as intended

Based On Android R
      Changelog

- Merged June 2021. Security update
      - Synced with LOS source

- Added wifi and portable hotspot overlays
      - Merged May 2021. Security update
      - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed USB C audio input/output
      - Fixed charging with device powered off (It also has nice new animation now)
      - Merged April 2021. Security update
      - Misc performance and stability improvements
      - Synced with LOS source

- Added signature spoofing support
      - Synced with LOS source

- Merged March 2021. Security update
      - Performance and stability improvements
      - Synced with LOS source

- Merged February 2021. Security update
      - Modernized AdvancedDisplay app codebase
      - Cleaned up the source
      - Updated magisk boot images
      - Synced with LOS source

- Merged January 2021. Security update
      - Fixed OpenGapps installation from lineage recovery
      - Fixed features that broke with initial 18.1 merge
      - Synced with LOS source

- Merged December 2020. security update
      - Merged December 2020 feature drop
      - Merged S9DTK9 vendor blobs
      - Switched to full vndk30 vendor
      - Fixed ADB inside of lineage recovery
      - Improved brightness handling even more
      - Updated recovery images provided in 3rd post
      - Synced with LOS source

- Further improved auto brightness handling
      - Merged November 2020. security update
      - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed issues with overlays and s10 camera cutout
      - Enabled access to fingerprint for apps that were looking for secure biometics device (e.g. paypal)
      - Improved automatic brightness handling (Switched to calibrated sensor virtual device which calculates brightness more precisely)
      - Pinned SystsemUI and SurfaceFlinger to ram to imrpove responsivness
      - Added blur to dropdrown notifications panel
      - Enabled device controls from power menu
      - Synced with LOS source
      - Misc performance improvements

- Merged october security update
      - Added back mDNIe display tuning options
      - Added back a lot of previously non working los features
      - Synced with los source

- Initial public release

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM] LineageOS 18.0 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10

Contributors
      Ivan_Meler
      Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_beyondlte/tree/lineage-18.0

ROM OS Version: 11.0

Version Information
      Stable

Created 2020-10-07
      Magisk

Magisk boot images are provided in this google drive folder named beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img you can flash them on boot slot and install magisk manager, No need to worry about rebooting to recovery or not having TWRP and magisk at the same time, Just make sure you dont try to boot to system with magisk patched TWRP as that might cause issues but as long as you have stock twrp and have flashed beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img image to boot slot you are fine, Source for given kernel is available at GitHub if you want to compile kernel yourself just run source build.sh devicename e.g. source build.sh beyond2lte, It will produce new boot image in build/ folder, To update magisk you can follow instructions given at this commit enjoy

Do note that you will have to reflash magisk boot image when updating rom
      New build with security February update is out here is a brief changelog

- Merged February 2021. Security update
      - Modernized AdvancedDisplay app codebase
      - Cleaned up the source
      - Updated magisk boot images
      - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as it wouldnt be possible to keep it up without them (Donations help cover the build server cost as android can be resoruce hungry to compile)
      New builds with january security update are out here is a brief changelog

- Merged January 2021. Security update
      - Fixed OpenGapps installation from lineage recovery
      - Fixed features that broke with initial 18.1 merge
      - Synced with LOS source

Unfortunately due to recent events i didnt have time to implement all features like signature spoofing as some requested but ill try to do that in a next few days hopefuly
      Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover the build server cost
      New builds are up (Lineage version number has been bumped to 18.1 because of pixel feature drop and s10 is one of first devices to get those builds so enjoy)
      Here is a brief changelog

- Merged December 2020. security update
      - Merged December 2020 feature drop
      - Merged S9DTK9 vendor blobs
      - Switched to full vndk30 vendor
      - Fixed ADB inside of lineage recovery
      - Improved brightness handling even more
      - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far astheir donations help keep pay for the build server