[ROM][Signature Spoofing]LineageOS 18.1 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos

Search This thread

citroen42

Apr 25, 2010
Hi All,
I'm currently going through an upgrade of the family's phones from 17 to 18 (total of 3), so just wanted to check on a potential issue. I have installed Ivan's build and added Magisk all good. I have also installed microG but struggling to enable all flags despite having tried all the suggested troubleshooting. As you can see there are two flags not enabled. Now, I don't know if they are important.
I then installed "Island" to separate certain apps, I also migrated microG to the "island" and all flags are checked without any issues.
Anyone having any ideas of what to check next?

Attachments

• 1620651416683.png
    1620651416683.png
    368.7 KB · Views: 51

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I think openCam is probably the best of all the cams in our situation. It supports all cameras.

@Ivan_Meler : While toggleing the cameras it offers more cam devices than actually are in. For me S10e it jumps from
* ID0 is main
* ID1 wide
* ID4 (main again?, with native res)
* ID5 (again main but I often get "serious camera error)
* ID 5 wide again, native resolution?

For front it toggles front ID1, 3 and 7

Could it be you offer to many pathes? Are this extra IDs for any use case? Avoiding these dummy IDs would make handling easier.
Thank you

Has_anDroid

Çekirdeği Android R kaynaklarına geçirmeyi planlıyor musunuz? CruelKernel'in 3.10 şubesini (Android Q temelli) selinux ile her zaman izin verilen (Proton araç zincirini kullanma) derleyerek çalışan özel bir çekirdek elde etmeyi başardım. Çekirdek daha yeniyse (ve tercihen selinux zorlamalı çalışmalar), o zaman varsayılan Cruel 4.0+ ve ThunderstormS çekirdeği bu rom için de çalışabilir.

Ayrıca ben ZCAM daha iyi bir kamera buldum, onun bir GCAM indirebilmek MGC denilen modded burada . _ENG sürümünü indirdim. Kısmen çalışan bir ön kamerası var. Ayarlarda (Aşağı kaydırıcı> Ayarlar simgesi -> Geliştirici ayarları) ön kamerayı çalıştırmak için UNLOCK_AF_AE_WITH_SCENE_CHANGE_FOR_FRONT_CAM ayarlayabilirsiniz. Bir düzeltme olarak kekeleyecek, ama işe yarıyor. MGC'nin cihaz başına neleri desteklediğinin tam listesi burada .

Özel Cruel 3.10 çekirdek önyükleme imajımı (magisk dahil) eklere dahil ettim.
hi los 18.1 s10+ works kernel ?

citroen42

Apr 25, 2010
What is island ? I guess tap on the permissions to get doesn't help. Is microG installed as system-app (app-priv)? Otherwise you run into this kind of trouble.
Thanks for the feedback. I installed microG from TWRP. Island is an app that enables a work profile, I just use the work profile for apps I don't wan't to install in the main area where all my data is.

Reactions: starbright_
Nov 24, 2020
New builds are up with may security update, Unfortunately patch to disable mac randomization didnt get added yet because for some reason google droped part of code resonsible for disabling it and im looking into that as we speak and will psot a new build with it fully working in a few days till that you cna enjoy build with latest may security update and latest lineage features merged

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover the build server cost and get me coffee Enjoy new builds and stay safe
Is there also a magisk update or can I use the one from April?

goodflood

• Aug 25, 2012
    Coming from

ROM: 17.1 December update​
    Firmware: FUBD​
    TWRP 3.4.0_9-3​
    Smalipatcher: 0.0.7.0​
    Nanodroid: 23.0.1.20201029​

Forgot to uninstall smalipatcher and disable nanodroid

Flashed 18.1 ROM
    Flashed boot-magisk image
    Rebooted to bootloops
    Fixed by deleting smalipatcher file and rebooting

Created and flashed smalipatcher magisk module
    Rebooted
    Removed nanodroid
    Now I don't see TWRP option in the advanced menu and cannot boot to TWRP manually... where'd he go? :cry::cry::cry:

EDIT: Flash latest tar file through ODIN in AP slot? https://eu.dl.twrp.me/beyond0lte/twrp-3.5.2_9-0-beyond0lte.img.tar.html

EDIT: Used TWRP app with root to flash latest img... nothing!

EDIT: Can't get into download mode ... looping! :mad: :cry:

EDIT: Managed to get into download mode (took the new case off) flashed latest TWRP (tar) in AP slot... nothing!

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: ichmyselfandi

kriz_

Apr 2, 2021
    Coming from

ROM: 17.1 December update​
    Firmware: FUBD​
    TWRP 3.4.0_9-3​
    Smalipatcher: 0.0.7.0​
    Nanodroid: 23.0.1.20201029​

Forgot to uninstall smalipatcher and disable nanodroid

Flashed 18.1 ROM
    Flashed boot-magisk image
    Rebooted to bootloops
    Fixed by deleting smalipatcher file and rebooting

Created and flashed smalipatcher magisk module
    Rebooted
    Removed nanodroid
    Now I don't see TWRP option in the advanced menu and cannot boot to TWRP manually... where'd he go? :cry::cry::cry:

EDIT: Flash latest tar file through ODIN in AP slot? https://eu.dl.twrp.me/beyond0lte/twrp-3.5.2_9-0-beyond0lte.img.tar.html

EDIT: Used TWRP app with root to flash latest img... nothing!

EDIT: Can't get into download mode ... looping! :mad: :cry:

EDIT: Managed to get into download mode (took the new case off) flashed latest TWRP (tar) in AP slot... nothing!
    you need to flash the .img file inside tar.
    It seems there is a lack of basic (technical) knowledge, which led you to brick your device.
    You either decide to read up on relevant things or leave your device be (managed by manufacturer).

goodflood

• Aug 25, 2012
    @ichmyselfandi really?
    @kriz_ Thanks, but my device is not bricked... I tried flashing ODIN tar file and TWRP img file... Something else was the problem.

Was missing the vbmeta file flash step. Thanks @corsicanu for the excellent, detailed and colorful instructions (found them under ODIN - Windows) as well as resources, all in one spot. Helpful to troubleshoot TWRP issues.

Thanks @Ivan_Meler for quick update to Magisk 23. Flashed boot image; then, flashed Magisk app update. All is good!

<rant> Advanced reboot menu??? was fine the way it was! Nice and compact. This look like it is for tablets??? Have to remember to press RESTART to see the actual options </rant>

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
    @ichmyselfandi really?
    @kriz_ Thanks, but my device is not bricked... I tried flashing ODIN tar file and TWRP img file... Something else was the problem.

Was missing the vbmeta file flash step. Thanks @corsicanu for the excellent, detailed and colorful instructions (found them under ODIN - Windows) as well as resources, all in one spot. Helpful to troubleshoot TWRP issues.

Thanks @Ivan_Meler for quick update to Magisk 23. Flashed boot image; then, flashed Magisk app update. All is good!

<rant> Advanced reboot menu??? was fine the way it was! Nice and compact. This look like it is for tablets??? Have to remember to press RESTART to see the actual options </rant>
    yeah whole power menu in R is a bit tablet-y and we didnt want to make major changes from power menu ui to advanced reboot ui

dlvdmeer

Nov 27, 2016
    Today I received a message that there was a new version available of LineageOS 18.1 (May 10 update) so I installed it directly from the updater. After the update and the reboot I noticed that Magisk was gone and so I did no longer have root.
    I figured I could just flash the new magisk bootloader but ended up with boot loops. Note that I also tried flashing vbmeta and recovery but no luck so far.
    I would like to prevent having to do a factory reset if possible. So if someone has a suggestion to be able to boot with my phone that would be great.
    I assume the boot loops are because the file system is encrypted and it cannot access this anymore?

What would be the proper procedure in the future in case I see another update in LineageOS? Ignore this and flash the new boot img instead and then do an adb sideload with the lineageos update?

Thanks

5HE5

May 13, 2021
    Samsung Galaxy S10+
    I plan to install this rom. I understood everything except one thing. The TWRP file that I flash with Odin doesn't have to be patched with magisk and if I want to have root, I just have to flash the Magisk img with TWRP in boot slot after installing the ROM?

fil3s

• Aug 30, 2014
    bendigo
    www.mobiledevices.cc
    I plan to install this rom. I understood everything except one thing. The TWRP file that I flash with Odin doesn't have to be patched with magisk and if I want to have root, I just have to flash the Magisk img with TWRP in boot slot after installing the ROM?

Just make sure you're on a11 firmware before flashing latest Twrp. If on oneui 2x flash twrp 3.5.0.9-2 no later or the handset will boot loop

Yeah simply wipe as normal in advanced wipe, install rom/gApps then intsall the boot image to boot

Reboot to system. No need for booting to magisk, just let it reboot normally.

Btw if coming from stock it's a bit more than just wiping system etc

You'll have to format data then flash multidisabler before installing the rom to decrypt /data

I personally put the files I'm gonna flash on SD card before I do anything

Last edited:
    Reactions: 5HE5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Here is quick security update build with june security update merged, There will be another build this month with a lot of exciting updates

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as it woulnt be possible to keep up with build server cost without their support, Enjoy new build and stay safe
      The easiest way you can flash it is through TWRP. You just enter the IMG flashing mode and flash the .img file into the boot partition slot.

Seriously, it's that easy.

P.S.: But please install the stable version of Magisk Manager because if you install the Canary version of the app and upgrade Magisk through the app, you'll brick your phone.

I'm not joking, I've tried it out.
      Thank you for the explanation and warning. (I only chose canary because it was mentioned here earlier, so I uninstalled it and took the stable version)
      I successfully flashed the img file with TWRP as you suggested. (wasn't aware that this is possible)

After I figured out how the PlayStore with MicroG passes the starting icon (it seems I needed to allow signature spoofing, was a bit hidden), this ROM incl. microG and Magisk seems to run fine on my S10e. I hope it will be a good successor of my good old faithful Sony Z5 Compact. (S10e was the smallest useful phone with LineageOS I could find anyway nowadays ;-))

Now I will backup my current status and look into how I can pass safety net check. (Haven't figured that out yet, so many things have changes in the past 5 years. :-o)
      Then I'm more than happy. :)

PS: Many Thanks to @Ivan_Meler for this ROM, I will visit the donation page in a few minutes. :)
      Thanks @Ivan_Meler! Is there a chance the next big update will include the option disable MAC randomization per WiFi connection (or all together)?
      It would be fine, but you can also use SmartPack from FDroid or Magisk I read here to fix this MAC address.
      Affirmative ;)
      Hi, thank you for your time with the ROM. I have installed twice in a Galaxy S10e and finally I finished reinstalling again stock ROM.
      I miss too much Exchange Activesync, the Samsung Edge Panel and my bank account NFC payment does not work.... Additionally, I noticed that stock rom it´s much better while touching the screen with accuracy. I do not know why...

Thank you a lot guys!
      You probably need to:
      Use the higher touch sensitivity option in the settings

I can use any banking app, it takes a few steps to get the safety net to pass

It just seems like the rom isn't for you, if you are so fond of the Samsung gui and features.

I personally enjoy this rom a lot. Thanks Ivan for regularly updating it!!
      k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10 Series

Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

Working:
      - Wifi
      - Sound
      - mali drivers
      - USB tethering
      - Video Playback
      - Fingerprint Sensor
      - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
      - Sensors
      - Bluetooth
      - Wifi HotSpot
      - MTP
      - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
      - HW encoding/decoding
      - GPS
      - Cameras (All of them)
      - HWcomposer (HWC)
      - Signal indicator
      - Double tap to wake
      - Wireless PowerShare

Not Working
      - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
      a) Logcat
      b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
      c) /data/tombstones
      d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps installation

Installation instructions

Make sure you are on Q stock firmware (All of the Q firmwares are tested and confirmed to be working, This should be the case with new fws too as long as Samsung doesnt significantly change bootloader trustzone bits)
      Download Q twrp from this thread
      flash twrp as per given instructions
      if you are coming from stock and have encryption enabled format data (Note i said format, Wiping it in twrp is not the same as formating it)
      wipe cache, dalvik cache and system
      flash LineageOS
      If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
      Reboot the device

Downloads:

Google Drive
      Mega.nz

(Select build coresponding to your devices codename, S10e = beyond0lte | s10 = beyond1lte | s10+ = beyond2lte)

sha256 checksums

Code:
      be5203859ad3285d60af8517ae5084dfa7b9e60e442c5d644f025efa18512bcd  lineage-18.1-20210610-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte.zip
      c2b11995db49225421c37615441ece257925a5592cf967191eb99eafd823573c  lineage-18.1-20210610-UNOFFICIAL-beyond1lte.zip
      bda850e9edaed519b72a4ac6c27a6a6bcfe055a23da4ee65850be7b111403d3a  lineage-18.1-20210610-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte.zip

If you need general help or questions feel free to join Telegram group
      READ BEFORE INSTALLING MAGISK
      Gapps

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
      if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Due to requests from some users I added signature spoofing support to the rom which allows usage of MicroG
      you can simply install MinMicroG and grant it needed permissions for signature spoofing to make it work as intended

Based On Android R
      Changelog

- Merged June 2021. Security update
      - Synced with LOS source

- Added wifi and portable hotspot overlays
      - Merged May 2021. Security update
      - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed USB C audio input/output
      - Fixed charging with device powered off (It also has nice new animation now)
      - Merged April 2021. Security update
      - Misc performance and stability improvements
      - Synced with LOS source

- Added signature spoofing support
      - Synced with LOS source

- Merged March 2021. Security update
      - Performance and stability improvements
      - Synced with LOS source

- Merged February 2021. Security update
      - Modernized AdvancedDisplay app codebase
      - Cleaned up the source
      - Updated magisk boot images
      - Synced with LOS source

- Merged January 2021. Security update
      - Fixed OpenGapps installation from lineage recovery
      - Fixed features that broke with initial 18.1 merge
      - Synced with LOS source

- Merged December 2020. security update
      - Merged December 2020 feature drop
      - Merged S9DTK9 vendor blobs
      - Switched to full vndk30 vendor
      - Fixed ADB inside of lineage recovery
      - Improved brightness handling even more
      - Updated recovery images provided in 3rd post
      - Synced with LOS source

- Further improved auto brightness handling
      - Merged November 2020. security update
      - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed issues with overlays and s10 camera cutout
      - Enabled access to fingerprint for apps that were looking for secure biometics device (e.g. paypal)
      - Improved automatic brightness handling (Switched to calibrated sensor virtual device which calculates brightness more precisely)
      - Pinned SystsemUI and SurfaceFlinger to ram to imrpove responsivness
      - Added blur to dropdrown notifications panel
      - Enabled device controls from power menu
      - Synced with LOS source
      - Misc performance improvements

- Merged october security update
      - Added back mDNIe display tuning options
      - Added back a lot of previously non working los features
      - Synced with los source

- Initial public release

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM] LineageOS 18.0 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10

Contributors
      Ivan_Meler
      Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_beyondlte/tree/lineage-18.0

ROM OS Version: 11.0

Version Information
      Stable

Created 2020-10-07
      Magisk

Magisk boot images are provided in this google drive folder named beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img you can flash them on boot slot and install magisk manager, No need to worry about rebooting to recovery or not having TWRP and magisk at the same time, Just make sure you dont try to boot to system with magisk patched TWRP as that might cause issues but as long as you have stock twrp and have flashed beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img image to boot slot you are fine, Source for given kernel is available at GitHub if you want to compile kernel yourself just run source build.sh devicename e.g. source build.sh beyond2lte, It will produce new boot image in build/ folder, To update magisk you can follow instructions given at this commit enjoy

Do note that you will have to reflash magisk boot image when updating rom
      New build with security February update is out here is a brief changelog

- Merged February 2021. Security update
      - Modernized AdvancedDisplay app codebase
      - Cleaned up the source
      - Updated magisk boot images
      - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as it wouldnt be possible to keep it up without them (Donations help cover the build server cost as android can be resoruce hungry to compile)
      New builds with january security update are out here is a brief changelog

- Merged January 2021. Security update
      - Fixed OpenGapps installation from lineage recovery
      - Fixed features that broke with initial 18.1 merge
      - Synced with LOS source

Unfortunately due to recent events i didnt have time to implement all features like signature spoofing as some requested but ill try to do that in a next few days hopefuly
      Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover the build server cost
      New builds are up (Lineage version number has been bumped to 18.1 because of pixel feature drop and s10 is one of first devices to get those builds so enjoy)
      Here is a brief changelog

- Merged December 2020. security update
      - Merged December 2020 feature drop
      - Merged S9DTK9 vendor blobs
      - Switched to full vndk30 vendor
      - Fixed ADB inside of lineage recovery
      - Improved brightness handling even more
      - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far astheir donations help keep pay for the build server
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone