• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][Signature Spoofing]LineageOS 18.1 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos

Search This thread

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
www.mobiledevices.cc
Hi, I did a Magisk update. It asked to reboot my phone so I clicked on the Magisk reboot button.
The first time it took 10 minutes to do the boot thing animation and I never saw the LineageOS boot animation.
It's stuck in a sort of bootloop. The only thing I am able to do is to hold Vol. Down & Power for a few seconds wich will force reboot the phone in the same bootloop. I am also able to just stop the bootloops. Then I see the charging power icon on the screen.

None of recovery of download mode seem to work.
Thanks in advance.

Don't update via magisk manager you gotta flash the magisk patched boot image from here:

To get out of the loop plug Samsung into PC hold power + bixby + volume up , let go of power when phone vibrates, keep holding volume up and bixby to get into twrp.

Dirty flash the rom.zip and magisk patched boot.img to 'boot' partition 👌 that should get you out of the loop

mattexpx

Jun 17, 2021
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, I've been using modded android phones for quite a while but now I'm really stuck with my s10 :( I followed all the steps in the guide and managed to install lineageOS 18.1 using TWRP. As a next step, I would like to install magisk, and as far as I understood, I would just need to go to TWRP and flash the beyond1lte-boot-magisk.img from there. Problem is, I cannot access TWRP anymore after installing lineageOS. I'm using the usual volume up + bixby + power when the phone is powered off, but it does not go to recovery (not even to the lineageOS one). So, I thought that I needed to flash the magisk patched image beyond1lte-boot-magisk.img straight after installing lineageOS from TWRP (meaning, after wiping the usual stuff, install lineageOS, patched image and gapps), but if I do so, the phone just goes into a bootloop from which I cannot even go to recovery, so I have to re-install TWRP from scratch and reinstall everything again. My question then is: how do I access TWRP after a clean install of lineageOS? After that, should I just install the patched image beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img from TWRP? Thanks in advance!

Stamzrat10

Nov 28, 2020
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, I've been using modded android phones for quite a while but now I'm really stuck with my s10 :( I followed all the steps in the guide and managed to install lineageOS 18.1 using TWRP. As a next step, I would like to install magisk, and as far as I understood, I would just need to go to TWRP and flash the beyond1lte-boot-magisk.img from there. Problem is, I cannot access TWRP anymore after installing lineageOS. I'm using the usual volume up + bixby + power when the phone is powered off, but it does not go to recovery (not even to the lineageOS one). So, I thought that I needed to flash the magisk patched image beyond1lte-boot-magisk.img straight after installing lineageOS from TWRP (meaning, after wiping the usual stuff, install lineageOS, patched image and gapps), but if I do so, the phone just goes into a bootloop from which I cannot even go to recovery, so I have to re-install TWRP from scratch and reinstall everything again. My question then is: how do I access TWRP after a clean install of lineageOS? After that, should I just install the patched image beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img from TWRP? Thanks in advance!
If you come from stock Android 11 and then through TWRP install clean the Ivan's release 18.1, then I see no problem in immediately after install to install the image as BOOT of course, not as recovery.

Then the phone should boot up normally, rooted with this rom. You might need to install magisk canary, but it might already be installed, I don't remember.

Good luck

mattexpx

Jun 17, 2021
If you come from stock Android 11 and then through TWRP install clean the Ivan's release 18.1, then I see no problem in immediately after install to install the image as BOOT of course, not as recovery.

Then the phone should boot up normally, rooted with this rom. You might need to install magisk canary, but it might already be installed, I don't remember.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply! When you say "I see no problem in immediately install the image", you mean in TWRP before the first boot of lineageOS? In that case, the phone won't boot, but it gets stuck in a boot loop showing only the usual message about the modified bootloader..

Gabriel-Roger

May 3, 2020
Hello,

Had the same issue after an update : I could not boot twrp anymore with the buttons. Hopefully there is a simple solution : using the phone restart option menu one lineage that needs to be activated first in the settings under advanced run restart options. Hope it helps you !

mattexpx

Jun 17, 2021
Hello,

Had the same issue after an update : I could not boot twrp anymore with the buttons. Hopefully there is a simple solution : using the phone restart option menu one lineage that needs to be activated first in the settings under advanced run restart options. Hope it helps you !

This actually helped! Thanks! I managed to get to TWRP in the end, and tried to flash the magisk patched image on boot partition, but again the phone goes into a boot loop. I just noticed that, when I open TWRP, it says that it cannot open the /data folder (Permission denied), could it be the reason? Thing is, when I flash the patched image, it does not give any error and says that it's installed, but then the boot loop happens. Any ideas? :/

Last edited:

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
www.mobiledevices.cc
This actually helped! Thanks! I managed to get to TWRP in the end, and tried to flash the magisk patched image on boot partition, but again the phone goes into a boot loop. I just noticed that, when I open TWRP, it says that it cannot open the /data folder (Permission denied), could it be the reason? Thing is, when I flash the patched image, it does not give any error and says that it's installed, but then the boot loop happens. Any ideas? :/

Did one flash multi-disabler and format data to decrypt data partition. Not doing this may be fatal to the device

mattexpx

Jun 17, 2021
@mattexpx do you really flash the beyond1lte-boot-magisk.img into the boot partition? you don't have to patch anything.

Yes, once in TWRP I go on install image and tap boot, then install, and it says that the installation is fine!

Did one flash multi-disabler and format data to decrypt data partition. Not doing this may be fatal to the device

Yes, I flashed the multi-disabler before formatting the data when I had the stock rom. Should I do it even with the LineageOS ROM?

[Legenda]

Dec 27, 2012
I'm desperately looking for a helping hand

I can't do anything with my S10e:
- I only have access to the download mode, I followed the procedure with Odin:
an official rom via Odin and at the time of the "PASS" the phone turns off and does not turn on anymore, apart from the download mode .

- I don't have any vital data on it so I did a clean install by strictly following the tutorial procedure (on XDA) and I did RE RE RE check if I had DL the correct files for Odin ( that I opened in admin mode).

I don't know what to do to turn on this smartphone ...

I manage to launch the bootloader by plugging in the USB cable but it's like the download mode I can't do anything about it. But the bootloader informs me that the previous installation failed (without error code).

Thank you !

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
www.mobiledevices.cc
Yes, once in TWRP I go on install image and tap boot, then install, and it says that the installation is fine!

Yes, I flashed the multi-disabler before formatting the data when I had the stock rom. Should I do it even with the LineageOS ROM?

No. Once is enough. I was getting bootloops on older magisk versions by Ivan meler when I had the Riru magisk module installed. 🤔 Afaik you just gotta install magisk manager

The way I installed it successfully:

Code:
boot into Twrp - wipe, advanced wipe, tick system, data, dalvik/art cache, cache

Swipe to wipe the device

Install - lineagexxxx.zip, install - magisk boot.img
Swipe to confirm, choose BOOT

Reboot the handset, install magisk manager

mattexpx

Jun 17, 2021
No. Once is enough. I was getting bootloops on older magisk versions by Ivan meler when I had the Riru magisk module installed. 🤔 Afaik you just gotta install magisk manager

The way I installed it successfully:

Code:
boot into Twrp - wipe, advanced wipe, tick system, data, dalvik/art cache, cache

Swipe to wipe the device

Install - lineagexxxx.zip, install - magisk boot.img
Swipe to confirm, choose BOOT

Reboot the handset, install magisk manager

I did exactly as you said, but it keeps going into a bootloop any time I flash the magisk boot image to the boot partition. The only different thing is that I'm installing also the NikGApps right after installing the boot image, I don't know if that's the thing that breaks it.. but every time I flash LineageOS without the magisk boot image (and with the GApps), it works completely fine. I'm really lost at this point :/

Update: I tried to install only the magisk boot image without the GApps, still not working :(

Last edited:

Gabriel-Roger

May 3, 2020
I'm desperately looking for a helping hand

I can't do anything with my S10e:
- I only have access to the download mode, I followed the procedure with Odin:
an official rom via Odin and at the time of the "PASS" the phone turns off and does not turn on anymore, apart from the download mode .

- I don't have any vital data on it so I did a clean install by strictly following the tutorial procedure (on XDA) and I did RE RE RE check if I had DL the correct files for Odin ( that I opened in admin mode).

I don't know what to do to turn on this smartphone ...

I manage to launch the bootloader by plugging in the USB cable but it's like the download mode I can't do anything about it. But the bootloader informs me that the previous installation failed (without error code).

Thank you !
Hello,
Did you compare the version of the firmware you downloaded with the compatibility of the TWRP you installed ? For example, the latest compatible firmware is the one from december ...EU... and its the only one working with both TWRP and android 11 lineage 18.1

[Legenda]

Dec 27, 2012
Hello,
Did you compare the version of the firmware you downloaded with the compatibility of the TWRP you installed ? For example, the latest compatible firmware is the one from december ...EU... and its the only one working with both TWRP and android 11 lineage 18.1
No i didn't :(
Cause every instructions "AND DON'T FORGET INSTALL THE LAST TWRP AND BOOTLOADER..."

EDIT : I trying to install the last custom rom from Ambasadii. I found it on a very hidden french website with a VBmeta.tar patched. Wait and see.

Alright I had my phone back !

Last edited:

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
www.mobiledevices.cc

Which twrp are you using out of curiosity? Ianmacd's twrp is for Android 9-10 , if you got it installed then best bet would be to flash the official twrp inthe AP slot in Odin

It works fine for me. Root and all.. 😕

Note: don't forget, the latest twrp will only work on a11 (oneui 3x) firmware. If on a10 firmware flash 3.5.0.9-2 twrp

Last edited:

mattexpx

Jun 17, 2021
Which twrp are you using out of curiosity? Ianmacd's twrp is for Android 9-10 , if you got it installed then best bet would be to flash the official twrp inthe AP slot in Odin

It works fine for me. Root and all.. 😕

Note: don't forget, the latest twrp will only work on a11 (oneui 3x) firmware. If on a10 firmware flash 3.5.0.9-2 twrp
I'm using twrp 3.5.2_9 downloaded from twrp.me and I installed it through odin. I thought it was a requirement, since LineageOS 18.1 is based on Android 11. Can I still downgrade twrp (without any issue) to Ianmacd's one?

vbdss

Jul 21, 2011
Niteroi, RJ
Guys, which NikGapps package do you recommend?
When i install stock or basic, my power menu gets messed up and it force closes the UI.
I tried to edit the package and found the guilt. The problem is the Pixel Launcher and dependencies.

gaglia83

May 7, 2017
Hey, little problem, the update to the latest build got me stuck...

I had managed to successfully install and run the April build, also with Magisk etc, all working fine (no TWRP, standard recovery). Then I stopped using the phone for a while for other testing. Today I boot the phone and "update available" (11 June, about 725 MiB)

So I download the update, press install, phone reboots and gets stuck on "Installing system update".

Still stuck right now. What to do?

EDIT: OK this is worrying... I decided to interrupt the process but I just cannot do it, the VolUp/Down + Bixby + Power combo does absolutely nothing. I would remove the battery if it were possible at all. At this point I have just unplugged it and will let the battery run dry...

EDIT 2: OK, seems that after a loong wait VolDown + Bixby + Power did the trick, phone rebooted and the security status is June 5th. Weird but all good.

Last edited:

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
www.mobiledevices.cc
I'm using twrp 3.5.2_9 downloaded from twrp.me and I installed it through odin. I thought it was a requirement, since LineageOS 18.1 is based on Android 11. Can I still downgrade twrp (without any issue) to Ianmacd's one?

And you're on a11 firmware? .. interesting 🤔🤔

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New builds are up with July 2021 security update here is a brief changelog
    - Merged July 2021. Security update
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Changed sensors handling in doze mode to prevent battery drain
    - Synced with LOS source

Unfortunately some bigger changes didnt make it into this build as i was on vacation last month and didnt touch android too much (Keep in mind i do this in my free time) but they will be out soon

As always big thanks to everyone who donated because it helps pay for the build server cost and keep the project alive.
    Enjoy new build and stay safe

In the end I solved the problem. I just used the official lineageos recovery image and installed everything from there, now everything is working! The only thing that does not work is the voice match: it says that the feature "Ok Google" is currently unavailable for this language, even though I put English (UK) as main language. Any solutions to this?
    Hello community, hey Ivan,

thanks you for the good work! I have just one issue so maybe someone can help me and there is some new solution...

About 1 year ago i have installed ivan's s10 lineage 17.1 and had to switch to modpunk's release due to the problem that my bluetooth apple airpods pro have worked with every app but not with phonecalls (also telegram phonecalls, etc. )...

I have now tried this version of Ivan's lineage and the problem seems to be the same . I can hear music with my airpods conntected but whenever I get a call or try to call someone the sound come through the s10 speakers and the s10 microfon is used. I really would love to use this build, but i need my BT headset every day...

Any suggestions on this?
    This is something im looking into some bt devices seem to have issues with wb/nb in calls ill see if forcing one causes any side effects
    Help
    On which partition to install Magisk from post # 3 beyond0lte-boot-magisk.img? on BOOT or RECOVERY ?
    Boot
    NikGApps with integrated Android Auto worked for my on my S10.
    Did you try it? Latest version is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ni...apps-Addon-11-AndroidAuto-signed.zip/download.
    On top of it I installed Android Auto from Playstore
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10 Series

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Video Playback
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - GPS
    - Cameras (All of them)
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Signal indicator
    - Double tap to wake
    - Wireless PowerShare

Not Working
    - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
    a) Logcat
    b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
    c) /data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps installation

Installation instructions

Make sure you are on Q stock firmware (All of the Q firmwares are tested and confirmed to be working, This should be the case with new fws too as long as Samsung doesnt significantly change bootloader trustzone bits)
    Download Q twrp from this thread
    flash twrp as per given instructions
    if you are coming from stock and have encryption enabled format data (Note i said format, Wiping it in twrp is not the same as formating it)
    wipe cache, dalvik cache and system
    flash LineageOS
    If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
    Reboot the device

Downloads:

Google Drive
    Mega.nz

(Select build coresponding to your devices codename, S10e = beyond0lte | s10 = beyond1lte | s10+ = beyond2lte)

sha256 checksums

Code:
    79f4708d0d37a77664878022c81280327f772bc668f820a3d2e460963f376bdc  lineage-18.1-20210709-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte.zip
    9aeb7ed29584046faca154eb77fa61a136da703ff40f78ff1e3f394be53f7084  lineage-18.1-20210709-UNOFFICIAL-beyond1lte.zip
    35e4630e527d12a7caefd0a651dcdc3597b166d8e3ff590cc431afb2f5deb3be  lineage-18.1-20210709-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte.zip

If you need general help or questions feel free to join Telegram group
    READ BEFORE INSTALLING MAGISK
    Gapps

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
    if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Due to requests from some users I added signature spoofing support to the rom which allows usage of MicroG
    you can simply install MinMicroG and grant it needed permissions for signature spoofing to make it work as intended

Based On Android R
    Changelog

- Merged July 2021. Security update
    - Changed sensors handling in doze mode to prevent battery drain
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged June 2021. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added wifi and portable hotspot overlays
    - Merged May 2021. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed USB C audio input/output
    - Fixed charging with device powered off (It also has nice new animation now)
    - Merged April 2021. Security update
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added signature spoofing support
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged March 2021. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged February 2021. Security update
    - Modernized AdvancedDisplay app codebase
    - Cleaned up the source
    - Updated magisk boot images
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged January 2021. Security update
    - Fixed OpenGapps installation from lineage recovery
    - Fixed features that broke with initial 18.1 merge
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged December 2020. security update
    - Merged December 2020 feature drop
    - Merged S9DTK9 vendor blobs
    - Switched to full vndk30 vendor
    - Fixed ADB inside of lineage recovery
    - Improved brightness handling even more
    - Updated recovery images provided in 3rd post
    - Synced with LOS source

- Further improved auto brightness handling
    - Merged November 2020. security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed issues with overlays and s10 camera cutout
    - Enabled access to fingerprint for apps that were looking for secure biometics device (e.g. paypal)
    - Improved automatic brightness handling (Switched to calibrated sensor virtual device which calculates brightness more precisely)
    - Pinned SystsemUI and SurfaceFlinger to ram to imrpove responsivness
    - Added blur to dropdrown notifications panel
    - Enabled device controls from power menu
    - Synced with LOS source
    - Misc performance improvements

- Merged october security update
    - Added back mDNIe display tuning options
    - Added back a lot of previously non working los features
    - Synced with los source

- Initial public release

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 18.0 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_beyondlte/tree/lineage-18.0

ROM OS Version: 11.0

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-07
    Magisk

Magisk boot images are provided in this google drive folder named beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img you can flash them on boot slot and install magisk manager, No need to worry about rebooting to recovery or not having TWRP and magisk at the same time, Just make sure you dont try to boot to system with magisk patched TWRP as that might cause issues but as long as you have stock twrp and have flashed beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img image to boot slot you are fine, Source for given kernel is available at GitHub if you want to compile kernel yourself just run source build.sh devicename e.g. source build.sh beyond2lte, It will produce new boot image in build/ folder, To update magisk you can follow instructions given at this commit enjoy

Do note that you will have to reflash magisk boot image when updating rom
    New build with security February update is out here is a brief changelog

- Merged February 2021. Security update
    - Modernized AdvancedDisplay app codebase
    - Cleaned up the source
    - Updated magisk boot images
    - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as it wouldnt be possible to keep it up without them (Donations help cover the build server cost as android can be resoruce hungry to compile)
    New builds with january security update are out here is a brief changelog

- Merged January 2021. Security update
    - Fixed OpenGapps installation from lineage recovery
    - Fixed features that broke with initial 18.1 merge
    - Synced with LOS source

Unfortunately due to recent events i didnt have time to implement all features like signature spoofing as some requested but ill try to do that in a next few days hopefuly
    Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover the build server cost
    New builds are up (Lineage version number has been bumped to 18.1 because of pixel feature drop and s10 is one of first devices to get those builds so enjoy)
    Here is a brief changelog

- Merged December 2020. security update
    - Merged December 2020 feature drop
    - Merged S9DTK9 vendor blobs
    - Switched to full vndk30 vendor
    - Fixed ADB inside of lineage recovery
    - Improved brightness handling even more
    - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far astheir donations help keep pay for the build server