• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Signature Spoofing]LineageOS 18.1 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos

Search This thread

explorer79

Mar 6, 2021
What's the difference between Ivan's rom and the official lineage rom? I've been using Ivan's for very long and am pretty happy with it. Are there fixes there or new functions?
I don't know. As far as I know the project MicroG for LineageOS takes the official LineageOS version, adds Signature Spoofing and MicroG. Maybe it is the work of Ivan?

And the MicroG for LineageOS version is not now available at https://download.lineage.microg.org/beyond2lte/ for S10+. But for the other S10 versions it is also available now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keule-Tm

efkhai469

May 25, 2019
Berlin
What's the difference between Ivan's rom and the official lineage rom? I've been using Ivan's for very long and am pretty happy with it. Are there fixes there or new functions?
I have been also using ivan's Rom for quite some time, but I can definitely say that the official one has better battery life, and it does not heat up as much, and I'm getting better benchmarks, and it's encrypted! I would definitely recommend giving a try to the official version!

efkhai469

May 25, 2019
Berlin
I don't know. As far as I know the project MicroG for LineageOS takes the official LineageOS version, adds Signature Spoofing and MicroG. Maybe it is the work of Ivan?

And the MicroG for LineageOS version is not available at https://download.lineage.microg.org/beyond2lte/ for S10+. But for the other S10 versions it is also available now.
Ivan had nothing to do with that, in fact he had nothing to do with the official version and yes there is available MicroG for the S10+ https://download.lineage.microg.org/beyond2lte

Feb 11, 2021
Hello.

The last weekend I installed 18.1-20210805 rom on my S10e.
All the functions are working fine and the battery and performance are satisfactory, thanks in advanced for the developer.

Only the bluetooth headphone (Haylou GT1 Pro) that is not working on calls (WhatsApp, Google Meet, phone call), but Spotify music is ok!

If there is some solution for it, i appreciate.

Thanks.

Reactions: M1schu1989

M1schu1989

Sep 2, 2016
Hello.

The last weekend I installed 18.1-20210805 rom on my S10e.
All the functions are working fine and the battery and performance are satisfactory, thanks in advanced for the developer.

Only the bluetooth headphone (Haylou GT1 Pro) that is not working on calls (WhatsApp, Google Meet, phone call), but Spotify music is ok!

If there is some solution for it, i appreciate.

Thanks.
I know this issue was also present on other Lineage ROMs, but I dont know how they fixed it. Hopefully Ivan has the time to look into.

BrunoFox

Oct 16, 2016
Belo Horizonte
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I need help, yesterday I installed the official lineage OS 18.1, I used the Samsung android 11 one UI3.1 stock, I did all the procedures,

TWRP VIA ODIN
VBMETA VIA ODIN
LINEAGE OS
NANO GAPPS

the device started normally, but biometrics didn't work. Camera didn't work and when I was going to install some app through the Play store it said it had full storage, so I went back to stock samsung, and everything works normal, I really want to use Lineage OS 18.1 on my Galaxy S10+ , but I need to know what went wrong, help me please.
:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Last edited:

Keule-Tm

Oct 3, 2016
Berlin
Samsung Galaxy S10
I need help, yesterday I installed the official lineage OS 18.1, I used the Samsung android 11 one UI3.1 stock, I did all the procedures,

TWRP VIA ODIM
VBMETA VIA ODIM
LINEAGE OS
NANO GAPPS

the device started normally, but biometrics didn't work. Camera didn't work and when I was going to install some app through the Play store it said it had full storage, so I went back to stock samsung, and everything works normal, I really want to use Lineage OS 18.1 on my Galaxy S10+ , but I need to know what went wrong, help me please.
:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
If you installed the official image, you should ask this question at the thread for LOS-Official.
AFAIK this phenomenon is related to not having wiped the whole system partition in twrp (the menu item where you have to literally type in "yes" for confirmation, not only tap on a button).

One really minor point BTW, it's called Odin (like the Norse god), not Odim.

Reactions: BrunoFox

BrunoFox

Oct 16, 2016
Belo Horizonte
Samsung Galaxy S10+
If you installed the official image, you should ask this question at the thread for LOS-Official.
AFAIK this phenomenon is related to not having wiped the whole system partition in twrp (the menu item where you have to literally type in "yes" for confirmation, not only tap on a button).

One really minor point BTW, it's called Odin (like the Norse god), not Odim.
Sorry for the wrong words, I'm Brazilian and I use google translator, thank you for the information given and I'll try to do the installation again by cleaning the whole system

:)

Reactions: Keule-Tm

Stamzrat10

Nov 28, 2020
I am quite confused over the recent official version that came out.
I wonder whether Ivan could give us his input about this?

Should we stick to his version and wait to future updates?

Or does the release of an official version change the whole picture? In a sense that there isn't any reason to stay on a modded non-official version?

Of course, I like many others appreciate the hard work and contributions of Ivan to our phones. Just want to know what to do next.

Reactions: Meitei and BrunoFox

BrunoFox

Oct 16, 2016
Belo Horizonte
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I am quite confused over the recent official version that came out.
I wonder whether Ivan could give us his input about this?

Should we stick to his version and wait to future updates?

Or does the release of an official version change the whole picture? In a sense that there isn't any reason to stay on a modded non-official version?

Of course, I like many others appreciate the hard work and contributions of Ivan to our phones. Just want to know what to do next.
I didn't use Ivan's Rom, only the official one, but everyone praises Ivam's Rom, I really liked the official Rom's work but I had to go back to stock because of the camera, in my work I have to send photos of the devices to the cloud all the time so I need a 100% working camera, in other respects the Lineage OS Rom is sensational the work of @Ivan_Meler and @Linux4 among other collaborating developers is extraordinary, some bank apps don't work with the rom, others work normally the battery is good, and i ran my favorite mobile PUBG game with no problems, i hope that in the future we will have a native camera on this rom, which doesn't need ports, in case the rom i used was the official one, thanks a lot to the developers working on these Galaxy S10 series projects, health and long life to all of you.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020
I have been also using ivan's Rom for quite some time, but I can definitely say that the official one has better battery life, and it does not heat up as much, and I'm getting better benchmarks, and it's encrypted! I would definitely recommend giving a try to the official version

I have been also using ivan's Rom for quite some time, but I can definitely say that the official one has better battery life, and it does not heat up as much, and I'm getting better benchmarks, and it's encrypted! I would definitely recommend giving a try to the official version!
Hi, have you flashed it via TWRP?

goodflood

Aug 25, 2012
Hello, I have restored my phone to stock... can someone point me to newer, simpler directions to install this ROM. Thanks.

EDIT: This is the easiest guide without any patching: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-s10e-s10-s10-exynos.4173663/post-83884967

Only thing is... After using "their" TWRP I got "Kernel" bootloop error. So, I flashed official TWRP via AP (ODIN) and went right into TWRP. Smoothing sailing after that!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can confirm that Bluetooth Sound is gone after a call is established with a set of OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z. (While ringing it works, though)
    This problem is the same for real calls, telegram calls, Threema Calls,...

It does not occur in various car audio systems.

@Ivan_Meler How can we debug this further?

Has anyone successfully connected to a DJI drone (mavic 2 pro) with this ROM? I cannot.
    Ill do another test build soon i think i finally might have an idea on whats going on with bt, Ill also probably get a quick build of android 12 running in next few weeks as source is finally out
    Sorry Ivan, but at least mention that BT calls are not working with this ROM in you entry page. Thanks
    I can confirm that Bluetooth Sound is gone after a call is established with a set of OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z. (While ringing it works, though)
    This problem is the same for real calls, telegram calls, Threema Calls,...

It does not occur in various car audio systems.

@Ivan_Meler How can we debug this further?

Has anyone successfully connected to a DJI drone (mavic 2 pro) with this ROM? I cannot.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy S10 Series

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Video Playback
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - GPS
    - Cameras (All of them)
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Signal indicator
    - Double tap to wake
    - Wireless PowerShare

Not Working
    - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
    a) Logcat
    b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
    c) /data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps installation

Installation instructions

Make sure you are on Q stock firmware (All of the Q firmwares are tested and confirmed to be working, This should be the case with new fws too as long as Samsung doesnt significantly change bootloader trustzone bits)
    Download Q twrp from this thread
    flash twrp as per given instructions
    if you are coming from stock and have encryption enabled format data (Note i said format, Wiping it in twrp is not the same as formating it)
    wipe cache, dalvik cache and system
    flash LineageOS
    If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
    Reboot the device

Downloads:

Google Drive
    Mega.nz

(Select build coresponding to your devices codename, S10e = beyond0lte | s10 = beyond1lte | s10+ = beyond2lte)

sha256 checksums

Code:
    ce0382c6ab3052d0ac758fc0d0f53fc62c60455c46f9c8bb80a18ea7692c7d1d  lineage-18.1-20211006-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte.zip
    794568d092a089386c05d71691b10a727ac4712438f5c40c2d17d6c9de843316  lineage-18.1-20211006-UNOFFICIAL-beyond1lte.zip
    c24ef6881173acff7b727474a42529bf4cc9f3f1ee94aa8771997bd908ee9246  lineage-18.1-20211006-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte.zip

If you need general help or questions feel free to join Telegram group
    READ BEFORE INSTALLING MAGISK
    Gapps

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
    if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Due to requests from some users I added signature spoofing support to the rom which allows usage of MicroG
    you can simply install MinMicroG and grant it needed permissions for signature spoofing to make it work as intended

Based On Android R
    Changelog

- Merged October 2021. security update
    - Improved bluetooth in call handling
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged September 2021. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged August 2021. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged July 2021. Security update
    - Performance and stability improvements
    - Changed sensors handling in doze mode to prevent battery drain
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged June 2021. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added wifi and portable hotspot overlays
    - Merged May 2021. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed USB C audio input/output
    - Fixed charging with device powered off (It also has nice new animation now)
    - Merged April 2021. Security update
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Added signature spoofing support
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged March 2021. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged February 2021. Security update
    - Modernized AdvancedDisplay app codebase
    - Cleaned up the source
    - Updated magisk boot images
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged January 2021. Security update
    - Fixed OpenGapps installation from lineage recovery
    - Fixed features that broke with initial 18.1 merge
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged December 2020. security update
    - Merged December 2020 feature drop
    - Merged S9DTK9 vendor blobs
    - Switched to full vndk30 vendor
    - Fixed ADB inside of lineage recovery
    - Improved brightness handling even more
    - Updated recovery images provided in 3rd post
    - Synced with LOS source

- Further improved auto brightness handling
    - Merged November 2020. security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed issues with overlays and s10 camera cutout
    - Enabled access to fingerprint for apps that were looking for secure biometics device (e.g. paypal)
    - Improved automatic brightness handling (Switched to calibrated sensor virtual device which calculates brightness more precisely)
    - Pinned SystsemUI and SurfaceFlinger to ram to imrpove responsivness
    - Added blur to dropdrown notifications panel
    - Enabled device controls from power menu
    - Synced with LOS source
    - Misc performance improvements

- Merged october security update
    - Added back mDNIe display tuning options
    - Added back a lot of previously non working los features
    - Synced with los source

- Initial public release

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 18.0 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_beyondlte/tree/lineage-18.0

ROM OS Version: 11.0

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-07
    Magisk

Magisk boot images are provided in this google drive folder named beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img you can flash them on boot slot and install magisk manager, No need to worry about rebooting to recovery or not having TWRP and magisk at the same time, Just make sure you dont try to boot to system with magisk patched TWRP as that might cause issues but as long as you have stock twrp and have flashed beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img image to boot slot you are fine, Source for given kernel is available at GitHub if you want to compile kernel yourself just run source build.sh devicename e.g. source build.sh beyond2lte, It will produce new boot image in build/ folder, To update magisk you can follow instructions given at this commit enjoy

Do note that you will have to reflash magisk boot image when updating rom
    New build with security February update is out here is a brief changelog

- Merged February 2021. Security update
    - Modernized AdvancedDisplay app codebase
    - Cleaned up the source
    - Updated magisk boot images
    - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as it wouldnt be possible to keep it up without them (Donations help cover the build server cost as android can be resoruce hungry to compile)
    New builds with january security update are out here is a brief changelog

- Merged January 2021. Security update
    - Fixed OpenGapps installation from lineage recovery
    - Fixed features that broke with initial 18.1 merge
    - Synced with LOS source

Unfortunately due to recent events i didnt have time to implement all features like signature spoofing as some requested but ill try to do that in a next few days hopefuly
    Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover the build server cost
    New builds are up (Lineage version number has been bumped to 18.1 because of pixel feature drop and s10 is one of first devices to get those builds so enjoy)
    Here is a brief changelog

- Merged December 2020. security update
    - Merged December 2020 feature drop
    - Merged S9DTK9 vendor blobs
    - Switched to full vndk30 vendor
    - Fixed ADB inside of lineage recovery
    - Improved brightness handling even more
    - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project so far astheir donations help keep pay for the build server