[ROM] [SIGNATURE SPOOFING] [UNOFFICIAL] [STABLE] LineageOS 17.1 for J5 2016

Search This thread

RootedLee

Sep 1, 2017
@Exodusnick (or anyone else who knows): where inside lineage-17.1-20220626-UNOFFICIAL-j5xnlte.zip is the (flashable) recovery image?

When I open the zip, I only see boot.img and system.new.dat.br. When I unpack system.new.dat.br, I only see /System/recovery-from-boot.p, which from my research does NOT equal recovery.img.

I'd like to flash this ROM's stock recovery.img first before updating. Or doesn't it contain the LineageOS recovery at all?

Last edited:

RootedLee

Sep 1, 2017
I now see the Update via LineageOS Updater (thank you @Exodusnick). After downloading and tapping onto "INSTALL":

Screenshot_20220626-235552_Updater.png

When I tap onto OK, it boots into TWRP. In verbose mode, I see:

Screenshot_2022-06-26-17-11-16.png

Latest official TWRP 3.6.2 for the J5 2016.

For convenient OTA updates: how do I get such "compatible recovery", which I guess would be the LOS 17.1 recovery for this phone?

Last edited:

RootedLee

Sep 1, 2017
OK, thanks for letting me know @daywalk3r666 . Must be complicated to implement.

Do you know if any version of this ROM ever contained LineageOS recovery, and if so, which version and where inside?

RootedLee

Sep 1, 2017
You mean due to this J5 TWRP's limitation in particular, but (some) other devices' TWRP do support OTA?

RootedLee

Sep 1, 2017
@Exodusnick thanks a lot (y)- am aiming to try tomorrow.

Re. ramdisk-recovery.zip: is that meant to be flashable, in TWRP via Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk? With the purpose of having both, LOS recovery and TWRP, side-by-side? TWRP in /recovery, and LOS recovery in boot/(recovery-)ramdisk, which would be accessed by the OTA updater?

Top Liked Posts