{ROM} [SlimLP] SlimRom UNOFFICIAL { Trltespr } { Trlteusc }

Search This thread

us3rX

Oct 30, 2008
Chicago
Gapps shoudln't be included in any rom IMO.

but that wasn't what I was asking.
There isn't much of anything in this rom at all.
So thats why I was asking if it was going to keep current apps that are showing, or just not install any apps whatsoever after I wipe.
There is no keyboards, launcher or anything included.
So usually those flash over and dont remove previous installs.

If I understand correctly what you are asking. The reason why these roms are so much smaller in size compared to the TW roms. Is cause these dont have the framework, the apps, or any of the other features that are, more or less, locked to TW.

But to answer your question, If you flash this over your TW rom, I am sure you will run into all kinds of problems, its recommended to do a wipe and install fresh, So no, it will not keep your apps. Hope this helps.

Reactions: pstarkey001

sarinhighwind

Jul 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
If I understand correctly what you are asking. The reason why these roms are so much smaller in size compared to the TW roms. Is cause these dont have the framework, the apps, or any of the other features that are, more or less, locked to TW.

But to answer your question, If you flash this over your TW rom, I am sure you will run into all kinds of problems, its recommended to do a wipe and install fresh, So no, it will not keep your apps. Hope this helps.

Oh that makes tons more sense.
I've done wipes before and still ended up with apps not disappearing. So. *shrugs*

It doesn't help that i find a rom and stick with it and rarely change after taht, so you spend over a year not playing with different stuff and forget it all.

sarinhighwind

Jul 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
I'm really liking this.

The only thing I can say I don't like is the lock screen.
The stock note4 lock screen was really nice.
The inability to customize the quick settings, but that can come later.

It's missing a few standard Slim Features still.
But if they are actually officially supporting it this time as the post above says, this should be good.
It wasn't an official support for the note 2, but it was still amazing after ported.

I had some really clunky data issues with it at first, but it seems to have smoothed out.
Gotta be careful messing with the settings on data, I had to re-flash a stock style TW rom and update PRL and re-activate the connection and flash back.

Edit"
I see there is info for fixes in the beginning.
So used to # codes not working that I didn't even think about doing it that way.

Last edited:

e3saron

Oct 20, 2013
Lost root

I have lost root, I already went into settings > developer options > root access > and first checked apps only, and didn't work and then tried apps and adb. Even tried to reboot after checking them but still nothing I also downloaded super su but it says I don't have root and there's no binaries to update

I am not sure what to do from here .. Also root checker says my device is not rooted correctly even tho it was perfectly fine on CM12 I flashed my back up back CM12 and checked for root and its there so it has something to do with this alpha slim update :/ please help

e3saron

Oct 20, 2013
voice recognition stopped working

So the phone can't hear me anymore unless I reflash the ROM or use a headset, is there any fix for this?

The okay Google and keybored voice recording to type doesn't work ?

Spark91

Feb 17, 2013
Minneapolis
So the phone can't hear me anymore unless I reflash the ROM or use a headset, is there any fix for this?

The okay Google and keybored voice recording to type doesn't work ?

Sounds like you have the bug regarding mic getting cut out every once in awhile, try doing a reboot or clearing dalvik/cache, Or sometimes its even a bad download of the ROM.

Also this thread is the unofficial version, try the official @ Original Development to see if your issue is persisting.

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Unless you guys want me to continue on with the unofficial I'm going to discontinue it and possible try creating another... Since we have official builds going on which I'm not affiliated with I kinda feel like I should shut this thread down... What do you guys think any input? Either direction on input is very much appreciated... Thanks

infamouzwt

Aug 25, 2011
Hartford
Unless you guys want me to continue on with the unofficial I'm going to discontinue it and possible try creating another... Since we have official builds going on which I'm not affiliated with I kinda feel like I should shut this thread down... What do you guys think any input? Either direction on input is very much appreciated... Thanks

You can shut it down and create officials. SMS works now thanks

e92dream

Feb 27, 2012
Knoxville
I would also like to see it keep going... You seem keep up to date with your roms also. Thanks again.

Spark91

Feb 17, 2013
Minneapolis
I think if unofficial builds that are not affiliated with official in any way should be discontinued.

People can always report the bugs to the teams G+ or IRC or what ever they let you do with reporting bugs.

Besides, you of all builders here has done enough greater good and deserve to have 1 less project to worry about and relax a little.

At least that's what I think to anyone who builds unofficial but aren't affiliated or with a team building official ROMs. : )

phonetec

Dec 4, 2009

What about a GummyRom or Nameless?

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
OK so I've come to a decision.... After this weekend there won't be anymore unofficial nightly builds... But I'll build a weekly to ensure we still have the amazing ROM available for us.....I uploaded one this morning... Just FYI.... But after Sunday there won't be another until the following Sunday.... I appreciate everyone's input and support.... And I totally agree with spark.... And feel the same if we have official support there really isn't a need for unofficial builds

scoobyrln

Oct 15, 2014
respect

we respect your work, if you think shutting down this thread will make everything easier working on officials. then im one of the guys that says go go go. just did go. =) thanks so much for all the devs hard work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimLP Android 5.0
    tbn434lb_zps388a3667.png
    [/URL][/IMG]

Quote:
    DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimLP is currently in alpha / beta stage, some custom features are already in place, but much much more is planned for the future.

Flashing Instructions
    If installing MY SLIM rom for the first time, or coming from any other ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working Team Win Recovery Project
    - Copy Gapps and Rom to your SdCard/Micro-SDCard
    - Boot into recovery
    - Make a nandroid backup
    - Go to the wipes tab and wipe everything except internal storage and micro sdcard...Do Not Wipe Internal Storage or Micro SdCard!!
    - Flash Rom, then Gapps
    - Reboot

Upgrading from an earlier version:
    - Copy the Rom to your SdCard/Micro-SdCard
    - Boot into recovery
    - Make a nandroid backup
    - Go to the wipes tab and wipe cache and dalvick cache
    - Flash the ROM and Gapps
    - Reboot

Issues
    - sms (use a third party sms app such as google messenger...refer to post #3 for setup)

Changelog
    1-08-15
    initial release

1-09-15
    fixed: nfc power issue / settings slowness
    misc Slim/CM commits

1-11-15
    fixed: extsdcard mounting of cards formatted as extfat
    upstream slim changes

1-17-15
    upstream slim changes

1-23-15
    upstream slim changes

1-24-15
    granted official status
    upstream slim changes

1-25-15
    upstream slim changes

1-30-15
    upstream slim chagnes
    few kernel changes

1-31-15
    camera fixed
    spen fixed
    few kernel changes
    upstream slim changes

2-01-15
    upstream slim changes

2-07-15
    upstream slim changes
    fixed 911 calling issue (rom labeled B)

Downloads
    please note these builds should flash on the trlteusc and the trltespr...please report which device you have when reporting issues..thanks

AFH download link

Recommended GAPPS

Alternative GAPPS

Thanks/Sources
    - SlimRoms
    - @drcrimzon
    - @nivron
    - @slayher
    - @fattire
    - @allenjthomsen
    - @cmdmoto
    - @Mod57
    - @shabbypenguin
    - @pbedard
    - @Herk718
    - And anyone else i might be forgetting

- My Github

- SlimRom Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    [SlimLP] SlimRom UNOFFICIAL { Trltespr } , ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    spleef, drcrimzon, nivron, slayher
    Source Code: https://github.com/spleef

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    Based On: aosp,cyanogenmod

Version Information

Created 2015-01-09
    Last Updated 2015-02-07
    Nick posted official thread in original development... So if you guys want an official build of slim go check there.... Most likely will be closing this thread and stop building since it's being taken care of in house at slim... Was fun.... Hope you guys enjoyed it
    Fresh slim build is uploaded
    Yeah install is fine has the texts bug but also has a small lag in settings and has a issue mounting external sdcard.... Or at least it did when I was running it..... Granted it did not very over in recovery or even restoring.... But while in the rom I couldn't access my external sdcard.... Now if you flash and don't have this problem please do inform me... Also if you happen to figure out the issue before I do please inform me as well... Lol... Much thanks... Other than that worked great looked great and was everything slim has always been... But another thing to take into consideration is it's an alpha so expect to find bugs
    No worries bud these are alphas WIP we've got some work to do but for the most part things are working very well....