[ROM] SlimSaberKat-jflte-4.4.4-20141014 [unofficial SlimKat builds] for jflte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
I'm actually still quite happy with my S4, waiting to see what lollipop will do to it! ;)
However my gf's phone is pretty broken already, so thinking about an upgrade, giving her my S4, and the OPO 64GB Sandstone Black is definitely high on my radar.
On the other hand I might be able to get a S5 on the cheap via a company contract, so I'm wondering how much the OPO is, in euros, including shipping and stuff?
Wait for Galaxy S-6......it's gonna rock the world....so they say....:p

kantjer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
I'm actually still quite happy with my S4, waiting to see what lollipop will do to it! ;)
However my gf's phone is pretty broken already, so thinking about an upgrade, giving her my S4, and the OPO 64GB Sandstone Black is definitely high on my radar.
On the other hand I might be able to get a S5 on the cheap via a company contract, so I'm wondering how much the OPO is, in euros, including shipping and stuff?

€ 299 + € 11 Shipping

Reactions: TichDarkener

kantjer

Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com

Have a look at the Five Best Android Phones: 2014 Edition. Do you see the S5 anywhere ;)

2014_11_24_15_23_02.png

TichDarkener

Jun 14, 2012
Have a look at the Five Best Android Phones: 2014 Edition. Do you see the S5 anywhere ;)
Good point, thanks for sharing your valuable opinion.

At normal retail prices I would not hesitate for a second and go for the OPO!
However since I might get the S5 for like 1/4 of the regular price (subsidized via a company contract) and the "features" I care about (good screen, camera, community support) are about the same for both phones I guess I won't be able to take you up on your offer and might go with the S5 nonetheless.

fusionjack

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2008
€ 299 + € 11 Shipping
i'm lucky to pay only 5 € for the shipping :p

I would go for the ONePlus Twelve :D
...or "NotEqualTwo" :p

for me, the nexus phones and oneplus one are the 'developer' phone which you can root or unlock the bootloader freely without losing the guaranty.
sony phones are also good, but you need to register your IMEI to unlock the bootloader which might burn the guaranty.
samsung phones are also my favorite because of its display and its color contrast. imo, no phone's display can beat samsung till now. the disadvantages of the samsung phones are on the knox (losing guaranty by rooting) and exynos chipset (lack of support).

kantjer

Dec 11, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
Good point, thanks for sharing your valuable opinion.

At normal retail prices I would not hesitate for a second and go for the OPO!
However since I might get the S5 for like 1/4 of the regular price (subsidized via a company contract) and the "features" I care about (good screen, camera, community support) are about the same for both phones I guess I won't be able to take you up on your offer and might go with the S5 nonetheless.

I was just kidding, I'm sure the S5 is a great phone.
If only they dropped Knox :eek:

Reactions: fusionjack

fusionjack

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2008
Sorry for little off-topic: How can I detect, whether a selected device is "caf" (Code Aurora Forum) or not caf?
I see a message on SlimRoms.net "Note: Rebuilding as 8.12.1 due to sensor problems on none caf devices", but can't find out, whether my devices are caf.
Especially I'm wondered in I9505, I9100 (SGS2) and mako (Nexus 4).
Sorry for my bad English.
the easiest way for me to tell whether a device caf or non-caf device is by looking the slim.depencies. if you find the word 'caf' in it, then it is a caf device. not 100% sure, but 99% :p

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

They ripped me off :(

Deceptive-Contracts1-237x300.jpeg
i don't think so. my colleagues are also paying the same :p

KaszasM

@kantjer moved on (to 1+1), and stopped building for S4.

hi Mate :D the wifi drop is still present on slimrom or? are there any god reason to flash the new slim ?i still got my 5 hour screen time and ....you know .... im still on 08.20 ssk and cant see any reason to flash it just for to get possibility to flash new kernel ....or weeklys
,lol i need to change my signature back :D

wonsky21

Feb 16, 2011
OnePlus Nord
hi Mate :D the wifi drop is still present on slimrom or? are there any god reason to flash the new slim ?i still got my 5 hour screen time and ....you know .... im still on 08.20 ssk and cant see any reason to flash it just for to get possibility to flash new kernel ....or weeklys
,lol i need to change my signature back :D

I'm on latest official weekly. I is as good as always :) I'm trying CM12 from @AntaresOne from time to time, but it's an aerly alpha, and can't be used as a daily driver for now. Very fast and fluid though :)

Reactions: KaszasM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimSaberKat
    Unofficial SlimKat build - Alucard kernel
    Rom built with SaberMod 4.8.4 toolchain
    Kernel built with SaberMod 4.9.2 toolchain
    Fast, smooth and stable

I proudly present SlimSaberKat.
    SlimSaberKat is built from SlimKat source with SaberMod 4.8.4 compiler and "JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations" V3 build optimisations like O3, strict aliasing and many more to make the ROM even faster and smoother. If you want to see all optimization flags set for building this ROM, have a look a look at this commit, line 73-83.
    I could cherry-pick some commits ahead from SlimRom team or patches from other repositories if I find them useful.

If you want to know more about build optimization and the build flags used to build SlimSaberKat I can advise you to read this post by @JustArchi.

SlimSaberKat ROM comes with Alucard's great AOSP kernel.

I will follow the weekly and stable builds of the official ROM and if there are interesting commits I will try to make a midweekly build.

Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible for any damages on your device.
    Please don't discuss these "unofficial" builds in the official SlimKat thread.

Installation instructions
    Coming from an older SlimRom (< 4.4.2) version or another ROM to 4.4.x:
    Reboot to recovery
    Full wipe: data, cache, dalvik cache
    Flash ROM
    Flash gapps

Coming from previous SlimKat (official or unofficial) build:
    Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    Flash ROM
    No need to re-flash gapps it will be restored back automatically during flashing (also see FAQ)

Interesting links
    slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.
    Official S4 SlimKat thread
    Alucard kernel thread
    Alucard kernel settings thread
    SlimKat stock kernel

Credits
    Rom Source -SlimRom team
    kernel - Alucard (thanks for allowing me to use your kernel in this ROM)
    SaberMod toolchain - sparksco
    build optimizations - JustArchi

Special Thanks
    Inspiration to start this project @fusionjack

Donation thanks
    lucsbran, davtse, ParkerParker, Mistertac, malybru, KaszasM, FlanjeUK

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimSaberKat Jflte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    kantjer
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: SlimKat (AOSP)

Version Information

Created 2014-05-23
    Last Updated 2014-10-14
    If you want to receive a notification when a new ROM is available for download use the "Follow Project" option in the top-right corner of this page.
    You will then receive an XDA notification when a new ROM is available.

Download locations:

SlimSaberKat primary download (BasketBuild)
    SlimSaberKat download mirror (Android File Host)

Slim stable gapps
    Slim beta gapps

Changelog:

Official SlimKat Changelog

Additional changes in SlimSaberKat compared with the official SlimKat:
    • Built for speed using SaberMod 4.8.4 toolchain and build optimizations
    • Backup and restore script for Xposed binaries when doing an upgrade
    • Modified gps.conf, for faster GPS fix
    • Reverted "UNOFFICIAL Builds are for Developers and Testers!" commit to remove debug info and keep inline with official version
    • Added SlimSaberKat version to the "About phone"screen
    • Option to answer call with hardware HOME button
    • Changed default screen DPI to 420 (will only affect clean installs)
    • New bootanimation thanks to @DJDobermann
    • removed 5 second delay to open apps after pressing home button
    • SlimOTA working for SlimSaberKat, will work for every new release
    • mobile settings on main settings page
    • network stats to statusbar
    • status bar activity indicators for mobile data and wifi
    • Lockscreen notifications
    • AOKP custom system animations
    • Volume panel background color && transparency
    • Removed network stats activity arrows from status bar
    • Make double tap gesture configurable
    • Set transmission priority for a2dp media channel to high

Kernel changes
    • Alucard kernel included (built with SaberMod 4.9.2)
    • Included optimized kernel profiles
    • Fixed ad-blocker script in STweaks, thanks to @hawkerpaul
    • Fixed database optimization script in STweaks

Changes in most recent version

Most recent version:

ROM: SlimSaberKat-jflte-4.4.4-20141014 (SlimKat 8.6 weekly)
    Kernel: stock
    New ROM uploaded, based on SlimKat 5.95 (Android 4.4.4)

• removed "Change density on the fly"
    • fixed the auto brightness curve
    • update to Android 4.4.4
    2014_06_20_13_37_20.png
    F.A.Q

No root
    Q: I did a clean flash and don't have root access.
    A: Rood access is disabled by default on SlimKat. you need to enable it in "Developer options" set root access for Apps and ADB.

New gapps
    Q: There is a new gapps version, how do I flash it.
    A: Minor gapps updates can be flashed on top off the old version. For major updates it's often recommended by the Slim team to wipe the systems partition and flash ROM and gapps. Alternatively you can deleted system/addon.d/80-gapps.sh or 81-aio_gapps.sh and flash ROM and gapps. This prevents the old gapps to be restored during ROM flash but will allow you to keep all other custom scripts in the addon.folder.

Removed system files
    Q: I have removed a couple of system apps, do I need to do that again after every dirty ROM flash.
    A: A dirty ROM flash will restore all the ROM's system apps.You can however use a script to remove whatever you want from the ROM when you dirty flash a ROM. See this and this post on how to do that and many other cool things you can do with those scripts.

DPI settings
    Q: How can i change the DPI and what's the original S4 stock DPI.
    A: DPI Settings are not included in the ROM yet, until then you can use Texdroider DPI. Default Stock DPI is 480.

New kernel flash
    Q:I flashed a new Alucard kernel (or SlimSaberKat with new kernel included) and now not everything is working as expected.
    A:This can happen when the kernel settings options are changed (in Ramdisk), to correct this delete the "data/.alucard" folder and reboot. That will reset your kernel setting.

Dalvik to ART
    Q: How do I switch from Dalvik to ART, how do I do it.
    A: As with every major change, start by making a backup, the follow this tutorial by @Jimsilver73

SlimKat stock kernel
    Q: Where can I download the SlimKat stock kernel
    A: It can be found here, thanks to @hawkerpaul

Tips and tricks

• If you want to make Slim even Slimmer @s3icc0 made an overview of apps that are safe to remove

• To make you're phone feel even faster consider lowering "Windows animation scale", "Transmission animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" in Developer options. Also if you are using Nova Launcher you might want to increase the Scroll and Animation speed.
      My settings:
      2014_06_18_07_10_56.png
    I know a lot of you have been waiting to have Lockscreen Notifications (LSN) in the ROM.
    I made a first test build with LSN integrated in the ROM.

Features:
    - Pocket mode turn screen on when phone is pulled out of pocket and turn it off when phone gets back in pocket
    - Hide low priority notifications
    - Hide non-clearable notifications
    - Allow dismissing even non-clearable notifications from lockscreen
    - Just turn screen on when there's currently a notification pending
    - Toggle between expanded and normal notification view by longpressing
    - Wake on new notification
    - Configure notification count displayed at once
    - Privacy Mode: Hide notifications content on secure lockscreen.
    - Blacklist apps
    - Show all/dismiss all button, does not dismiss on going notifications, they must be swiped away

2014_08_07_09_25_21.png
    2014_08_07_09_34_09.png
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone